What are the most common lies that cartoons try to push?

What are the most common lies that cartoons try to push?

>tough chicks dig nerdy guys

That's not a lie, though.

>Be careful what you wish for, because you just might get it

>you can achieve anything if you just persist
>you'll find your place in the world
>there's someone out there for everyone
Cartoons lied to me.

Why isn't she wearing shoes?

>there's someone out there for everyone
I think thats true user. It just so happens that statistically that "one" is a 3-15 year old girl in eastern asia. You will most likely never meet that girl.

Because the Kanker sisters are trailer trash.

They just don't like you.

You'll find happiness

Because walking around inside someone else's house with dirty shoes is rude.

>Wearing shoes indoors
Fucking barbarian

>What are the most common lies that cartoons try to push?

That the world is a magical place.

>friend groups in American high schools are divided by strictly-enforced archetypes aka "the jocks", "the nerds", "the goths", "the preps"

I went to three different high schools, none of them were anything like this. Kids had their cliques, of course, human beings are cliquey by nature, but it was nothing like it is in cartoons.

Then again, maybe it was and I just never knew because I was constantly stuck as "the New Kid".

Why is Double D wearing shoes inside?

Self inserter

People wear shoes in their own home

Friendships are hard-forged things that last forever and not just vague arrangements of circumstance for mutual time passing that dissolve when there's no longer a viable reason to keep in contact.

Nah, in my group we had guys would could qualify into several of the trope categories, it's mostly a cartoon thing.
Most the groups were pretty racially segregated though, seeing a black or Indian or white not hanging out with other blacks or Indians or whites was just weird.

>Kids play sports in the street all the time

eh grew up in a sort of culdesac, even as a kid never really did or saw this ever maybe its because our elementary school was literally only one street away from us so we could just go play there.

>Girls would play sports with the boys

not even once.

>Kids have soap car derbys

psh only if you live on a literal mountain you do, if your city is flat as fuck youre screwd

The Rich kids are naturally the bullies and/or douches.

user...
If it happened to you, you got lucky.

Most of that is situational. Happens in some places and in some it doesnt.

>Black hair girls: Evil bitches that are also probablly sluts who hate everyone & just love to break the rules and defy authority

>Blond hair girls: Good Pure innocent daddys girls who are super freindly who play by the rules allways

> validate my problems with other people
no, kill yourself

Tomboys and short haired chicks are super hot yes but trust me from experience there is a reason they act and dress like that because they have issues... lots of issues.

>That way he's gripping the control stick
Holy shit, has the artist never held a controller in their life?

>Double D not only being good at video games but gets extremely competitive too

Headcanon accepted. Best headcanon since Marie secretly being an egghead herself.

My cousin grabs joysticks that way.
He's a lefty

Why? It makes it physically impossible to use the shoulder buttons.

Even nerdy girls rarely dig nerdy guys.

Just be yourself and you'll find friends who accept you

Well, most of them are dykes, so yeah, they have issues.

Speaking of lies

>all lesbians dig butch bieber-hair manfaces

Most are though.

> Ginger/red haired girls: Special pieces of power and assertiveness that always are the protagonists.

untrue. had a female pal in our circle of total fucking nerd/weeb pals in hs who's hobbies included wrasslan, ranch-work, and atv muddin', who dated this weird nerdy fuck even WE spergs kept our distance from. taught himself c++ out of a book, cosplayed cloud strife despite never having played a FF game, and "tried" to flip a table when he decided to stop pretending to be sane

we never really figured her out, but she was good people. lost touch when we graduated ahead of her.

I used to play N64 that way. But that was my first experience with an analog stick and I didn't know better.

Teen titans alone doesn't go with this.

What shows you people watch?

>Blackfire is an evil bitch
>Terra was nice but was manipulated into being evil
>And she was sort of a daddy's girl in a weird way

Girls Like Nice Guys Instead of Chads Or Bad Boys.

Also that Marriage is a Good Thing For A Man.

Im sorry things went that way for you user.

Human cannonball acts use actual cannons

This is perhaps the worst one yet

There can only be so many people that fit into the puzzle of generic common interests. There are indeed such things as people who will never fit in, and who will never be accepted or loved on account of how different they are.

She is a foot slut

>Irish and Scottish girls are always cute freckled redheads

Its because that was more of a thing back when the people making those cartoons/movies went to school, so the 50's - 80's. From the late 80's on-wards however the divide between nerds, jocks, popular kids, and out-casts pretty much stopped being a thing as tech industries boomed, the obesity epidemic, the push to go to college, and school shootings became more common.

Tech industries booming made the nerdy kids more chic since now everything in society needs them to function so now people like nerdy kids and don't make fun of them anymore. Popular kids can no-longer be airheads because now everyone is being pushed to go to college so no one can get away with being dumb but attractive in school anymore. The obesity epidemic made it so that schools now have campaigns to get kids more active. So now you have some nerdy kids that are actually fit and Jocks aren't so unique anymore. The massive amount of pewee sports almost every kid was made to do by their parents also made it not that special to have done sports pre-highschool. As a result kids got exposed to sports and physical activity that haven't in the past. Thus the Jocks now-a-days are very diverse in terms of personalities and interests. As for the outcasts, school shootings. Kids tend to be super nice or at least try to avoid the outcasts without pissing them off or bullying them because Columbine happened.

I disagree.

It's not an opinion, it's an objective fact.

When a girl says she likes "nerdy boys" what she really means is she likes attractive normalfags wearing hipster glasses

Show makers used to assume all kids are normies.
When was the last time you saw a just b urself episode in a modern cartoon?

If disfigured burn victims can find soneone everyone can. It's just a matter of looking in the right places and being at least remotely sociable.

>Kids tend to be super nice or at least try to avoid the outcasts without pissing them off or bullying them because Columbine happened.
What? Maybe for like a couple weeks after that shooting happened, then everything went back to business. Bullies continue to bully. They might even make a Columbine joke about it if they're edgy enough.
>Ha, you angry, faggot? Going to shoot up the school?
I agree with mostly everything else you said, though. But bullies are still around and will continue to be around forever, this isn't something that changes with the times.

It actually does happen. There was a trailer trash chick back in high school that could kick my ass that always wanted to have sex.

I didn't because I'm a cowardly beta.

These days everyone starts shrieking about SJWs if you do that.

>Popular kids can no-longer be airheads because now everyone is being pushed to go to college so no one can get away with being dumb but attractive in school anymore.
This is complete bullshit, this was still happening in school when I was going in 2000's. Hell there's still cliques depending on what you llike and don't like. Most of it depends on who is popular, with a designated unpopular clique, with a bunch of randoms in between. There were jocks and cheerleaders, but they weren't the most popular. Most popular was down to being an asshole and having charisma.

No, that's a meme. There's plenty of women who like actual nerds but you need a decent personality for them to be interested. And they tend not to be very social themselves so your chances of meeting one are lower than your chances of meeting an average person.

>Be /k/ommando for years, gun lover even longer
>High school was absolutely filled with mocking "watch out, anons gonna shoot up the school!" or shit like that
I mean, I'm glad I got out before the real life "everyone is a potential school shooter" shitposting started getting pushed as hard as it recently has

Never saw that in my high school. Bullying was non-existent. Yeah we'd all make jokes about some kids being edgy or sheltered but it never entered into bullying. Hell if anything people could be a bit patronizing about outcasts but never bullying.

The most popular kids in my high-school were also the best students and usually the most friendly people around. Maybe its because I went to school in New York City and we had several thousand people in the school. There was no such thing as an unpopular clique, hell I have a hard time even remembering if we had cliques like that. Kids tended to split off more on nationality, race, and having had the same classes with each other.

Disfigured burn victims are capable of being charismatic people though. Fires won't burn away your personality. I've met many a fat guy with plenty of friends simply because, despite his girth, he fits right in and gets tons of laughs from tons of friends. I don't wanna sound vain when I say this, but I'm not a half bad looking guy. The Danish genes from dad's side have counteracted most of the negative stuff from my Filipino mom's side and vice versa: I'm 6'2", light brown, and look like that one face Andrew Loomis always draws, but with hints of the 'ol tomato nose Filipinos have, just not as pronounced.

Problem is, simply not looking like an autist does not rid you of autism or weird interests and traits.To this day, I haven't found anyone who can tolerate exuberance, and there's nothing I loathe more than feeling like I'm a nuisance, so I stay quiet. No one wants to talk about the scientific shit some entomologist-in-progress is up to. I cannot judge others for having different interests. If the average person is more into celebrity gossip, sports, and pop music, who am I to judge? If I judge them for what they like, how am I any better than anyone judging me for what I like?

/and blogshit
>and a polite sage to boot

Bottom line is, no. There are pigeon men out there. I might just be one of them

Steven Universe is pretty much that all the fucking time.
I don't think Clarence did it but all the kids on that show are really chill and don't have any filter except Belson and Jeff who's just a dick.
Oh maybe the episode where Clarence accidentall goes to a different school and the actual new kid is too shy to even tell anyone he's the actual new kid they think Clarence is.
Oh and sorta the episode where Jeff hides he has an extra toe and in the end everyone starts blurting out their hidden insecurities and the big kid reveals he's double jointed and thanks Jeff for showing him he can be himself.

>Maybe its because I went to school in New York City
There's your fucking problem then.
I can assure you normal, good old fashion bullying is alive and well in most other places.

>Looking in the right places
>Least bit Sociable

I'm really insecure about my looks, but I'm pretty aware my looks aren't why I'm alone. I'm alone because I'm a social retard and finding the right places and being the least bit sociable are really fucking hard especially if you go decades without really figuring that out.

It's less "tough chicks dig nerdy guys" and more "tough chicks come from shit homes and want to date someone so far below their league that they feel awesome without having to do anything". It's usually just a phase that doesn't last very long, unless she's especially clingy.

>being at least remotely sociable
>tfw you legitimately spend around 13-16 hours a day on Sup Forums if you're not working that day

>nobody wants to talk science, everyone is interested in gossip
Now that is some bullshit. I don't know you so I won't comment on anything else but you clearly look in the wrong places if this is the only type of people you know.

Me and my buddy have nothing in common and have been bros for over 15 years, I'm sorry your friendship went awry.

I know that feel bro
>tfw haven't had a single friend in 5 years

Doesn't stop you from being sociable. Though having more varied interests would definitely help.

I played with my neighbor kids on the street all the time. Mostly touch football with improv goal lines.

Also, a tomboy girl played with us. She was pretty good too, she ended up becoming a curvy (the good kind, not the fat kind) big tittied lesbian thot.
She'd be amazingly hot if it wasnt for her caveman 5head.

I'm also the sort who can ramble for hours about shit nobody cares about. Find some awkward asian chicks. They get caught up in other people's enthusiasm really, really easily, regardless of what you're talking about. As long as you're energetic about what you're talking about, they'll fucking love being around you.

How am I supposed to be social when I never leave the house?

>Haven't had a friend in 10 years
>Starting to think maybe it was even longer and the one friend you thought you had you were just a burden on

everyone finds their special someone in the end

sometimes you just become old and bitter

It's not a matter of going awry, user. It's just a matter of life having.

You leave high school, all your friends go to different schools in different places, you meet up a few times but it becomes a hassle nobody has time for, you develop different interests and don't have as much to talk about anymore, and eventually you just drift off.

And it's not always a bad thing. At least, it's not miserable. I have a decently sized extended family that live nearby and my immediate family are all very close to me, and my coworker is a buddy on the job; we just don't do anything in our off time because he has to have a second job to provide for his family.

So I don't have any friends in the real world, but that's okay. I have one or two close internet friends and a close family. It feels off when I think about how much pop culture imposed the importance of friends on me, but it's okay to live without people who drag you off to bars and sports games and get you stuck in prison or whatever. You can just have casual friends and acquaintances. Your life won't end because of it. And it's okay when you drift away from old friends. It feels wrong, but it's just a thing that happens, and it doesn't mean anything's wrong with either of you. It just happens.

Internet, genius. Do you know how many people use it? And you have better chances of finding people with common interests and it's easier to hide your autism this way.

Sup Forums isn't exactly the best place to make friends, the guy you talked to in one thread you may never talk to again, and even if you do you'll never know it because you're both just anons.

Sup Forums is the place we go because there's nothing left of us.

You'd be surprised. But it is harder now with all the newfags.

>Sup Forums is the place we go because there's nothing left of us.
Im just here to pretend to be edgy and call people faggots for not liking what I like, don't lump me in with /r9k/

>Sup Forums is the place we go because there's nothing left of us.
We are all of us empty shells of human beings

But at least we're empty shells of human beings together. And that's not nothing.

Government employees are the only ones competent to use guns, and that theyr'e completely useless.

>Implying ANYONE digs nerdy guys.

>It's better to have loved and lost than to have never loved
>Any variation with experiencing X and then losing it.

I've never eaten pancakes or waffles, and to this day I've never felt any urge to taste them.

Similarly, I've never had a real friendship or romance, and I'm disconneted from my family, wasting my days away in near complete solitude and I feel pretty alright, because I simply don't know what I'm missing out. I'm sure that if I had experience those things earlier in my life my current state would be soul crushing.

Look man if you ain't hurting anyone (yourself included), don't sweat it. There's a sorta zen peace you find with that kind of thing after a while. Either it'd be too much trouble to keep railing against it or you start noticing all the glaring flaws that having those things would bring along, but you can still be happy as you are.

Nerdy guys are cute as fuck. Nerdy autists not so much. If you don't act like a retard and have at least somewhat likeable personality you're good.

Coming from someone who graduated a few years back I can tell you a majority of what you said is utter bullshit. Maybe it's not how it once was, but to say things like the tech boom and Columbine and even peewee sports suddenly did a 180 on everything is absurd. Quite a few people I saw and even knew were clearly at the very least overweight, both male and female. Things went from "I'll just get a job at the factory if I get bad grades" to "well I'll just get the bare minimum and then go to a community college or just stick with McJobs", and cliques are still very much a thing, albeit not as hostile and aggressive with each other like the past but still very real nonetheless. And now that social media and things like kik exploded in popularity (regardless of it being good or bad, personally I never liked it) you'll find that people lean to talking shit online instead of each others faces and either have things blow over or the slightly less common brawl at lunch or in the hallways before class starts, usually it was the girls who did the latter. But the saddest of all was the fitness. Holy jesus were there a bunch of people out of shape. I'm no Arnold Schwarzenegger or Michael Phelps, but at least I can manage to do at least 20 pushups, everytime in gym the only ones who could remotely do shit like that were the guys who played a sport and people like me who just liked staying in shape. Maybe it's because I went to a more ghetto school, but I can say for certain those things listed are still a thing, and will most likely always be a thing.

The strictly divided highschool hierarcy.
It exists, but, it's not that strict and it's more about background and being able to do the same stuff, not about some nebulous thing that people think it was.

Oh and guys all want the bitchy, tough, tomboy, know it all, take no nonsense, swole chick.
We don't.
We call those bitches and or dykes and ignore them unless they're hot/the pussy is on the table thus we can hatefuck them till the dislike for them can be focused elswhere.
If not then they're completely ignored.

Sorry lesbian feminist agenda...

"Be yourself and you'll get that person, that thing you always wanted".
If being yourself worked they'd have those people and things that they wanted.
It's mostly just empty platitudes to shut people up/ways to talk people into not improving themselves.

Think of it this way, if you have to pretend to be completely different to get someone to like you, is it worth it? That doesn't mean you shouldn't improve of course but being someone else for the sake of getting people to like you will just make you miserable with friends you don't even like.

Nah I'm living with constant regret of everything I think I've missed out on

>Vegetables are gross and You don't want to eat them.
Ban This Sick Filth.

You're on Sup Forums, when you say "nerdy guys" Sup Forums thinks you're talking either about some normalfag with non-prescription glasses or a full on neckbeard, there is no in between.

>Living in a desert state/city means its hot all the time
>Living in a northern city means it allways cold
>Living in a big city/Downtown area its allways hectic/busy and grimy and dirty as fuck.
>Living in the midwest or texas, there is literally nothing around you for miles

Except all of those are true.

>Girls don't like me cause I'm nerdy. Cartoons have lied to me.
No girls don't like you because your a butt hurt little piss baby who blames other people for your own short comings.
Find a constructive hobby, or kill yourself, but don't come crying to /Us/

t. cityfuccboi

Pan proved this right twice

Didn't Pan admit on a video that he jerked off while crying immediately after a goth girl rejected him?

Unless Sheepy dumps him none of that matters

>Living in Chicago is like living in Iraq

That's only partially true for certain neighborhood. My neighborhood isn't perfect but it's not bullet ridden. We just have shitty neighbors.

Otherwise Chicago's a great place! So long as you stick to the main streets. :v

I was gonna say Sup Forums isnt the only site out there but just remembered I found myself friends with a good number of people from this site. You go to /r9k/ when you have nothing left. It's not farfetched you can find friends on a site centered at hobbyists of various flavors.

mfw New york is allways depicted as a crime ridden shithole when there are places like Shootcago And LA Exist, not even to mention that memphis is one of the biggest murder cities in the US.

also too be fair most depictions of new york in cartoons from our time come from the pre-gentrified Era

>Shootcago
Man why ya gotta be like this. This city isn't perfect but I love it.

desu fuck anyone wearing non prescription glasses for accessories