Does anyone else remember that old arcade racer Sugar Rush???

Does anyone else remember that old arcade racer Sugar Rush???

My favorite character was always King Candy, but now I can't seem to find the King Candy version of the game my arcade had, just versions with some dumb princess in them instead.

Can any user help me out with this?

GTFO the internet Turbo

Play a real game you fucking nerd.
I main Naz, I need a big strong Ed to tank for me :3

Wrong board, Dingus.

Wait, did you used to play at Litwaks?

I've been following this for a while, and every person who remembers King Candy played him at Litwaks.

Guy must've lucked into a beta cabinet or something.

Didn't Litwaks close down? I thought I read something about Mr. Litwak uploading all of his old arcade games to the web or some unbelievably contrived, hopelessly misguided shit like that.

Your RP doesn't work. Sugar Rush was online, therefore King CANDY actually took over all the machines that had Sugar Rush installed on them.

>that time where Wreak it Ralph sprite's is missing
>already back on by the next day
What the fuck?

It was just one of those dumb creepypastas, the cabinet just glitched.

So like there was this one game I played of Hero's Duty and one of the NPCs was acting really weird, almost life like. I'd never see it before when my friends played it, was it like one o those RNG things were its a 1 in 2000 chance of occurring?

everyone knows Hero's Duty is the real game to play

How the fuck did Litwak get a Sonic the Fighters cabinet with modern Sonic and Eggman designs? Did his son mod it or something? How do you even mod an arcade game?

Seriously that's some creepypasta level shit, there's no record of SEGA updating those things, why would they do it for a small town arcade?

nice rp

Game was shit

AHA so you're one of the pimple-faced neckbeards who was always on the game so I couldn't play! Jerk!

Anyone else though Candy King looked oddly like the Mad Hatter?

Don't lets be silly.

Hero's Duty was 2spooky. I thought it was a game about shooting robot bugs, but a fat guy just yelled at me through the screen and i lost. it didnt happen to the next players but i was still scared to play it from then on

Only certain racers. Vanellope's "Lickety-split" special made her a cheap insta-win piece of garbage.

At least KC wasn't an instant win player even though he was easymode. A higher speed stat than other racers doesn't matter so much if you get decent power ups in the race and know the ins and outs of the track. Candlehead having a passive ability to ignite cherry bombs on the track is also pretty OP, maybe third place in terms of bullshit compared to Vanellope and King Candy. If Candlehead gets to the front and lights up the bombs then you might as well drive off a cliff yourself unless you're playing Vanellope and just zap yourself past the gaps.

>I can't seem to find the King Candy version of the game my arcade had
If you think that's strange, I was playing Fix-It Felix Jr. when all of a sudden Q-bert came out of fucking nowhere. What the heck was he doing there? The game isn't online so there was no update. The manager had to pull the game's plug.

I know that feel.

It was a beta feature that wasn't supposed to be in-game, because imba.

That was pretty much the intent, man. King Candy was an extended nod to Ed Wynn and, in extension, the Mad Hatter.

Is that how it worked?
I thought the whole idea was he went after a game with an rng roster so it wouldn't be as noticeable.

javascript:quote('93881916');

Those were bonus levels, you dum dum!

What's strange they only unlocked at litwak's.How did that happen?!
And what games add content literally 20 years after the premiere?

Modern Sonic and Eggman are in the arcade because of a cabinet for one of those Sonic cart racing machines, not because of The Fighters, also apparently the arcade had a SegaSonic The Hedgehog cabinet

>tfw the actual game they made in promotion for the movie kind of sucks.

Still cool they made an entire arcade cabnit though.

Is this the Mandela effect?

This. That early 1970s/80s hardware is buggy as shit. That's what happens when you're entire game is limited to about 10 kilobytes and you have to use every, single, byte to its maximum potential

And also, after that happened, suddendly the game got a bonus stage in between levels where Felix rides Q*bert. Seriously, that was even stranger.

No. Sugar Rush malfunctions and Ralph goes to the internet to buy new parts

Anyone remember Turbo? I kinda liked that game why did they take it out?

>Lubhub