How will Sup Forums ever recover?

How will Sup Forums ever recover?

good. it was a far better movie.

apeshit > capeshit

>implying Sup Forums likes Spiderman: Homecoming

Go back to Sup Forums

planet of the apes is a good franchise.

Only Tumblr and Reddit likes Spider-Man: Homecoming. The Sup Forums users who actually give a damn about comics despise it.

Who doesn't have neurodyne in their bookmarks?

Will Feige ever recover?

The new Ape movies have one thing over the original Ape movies.

The sequels are consistent in quality unlike the original movie series where only the first movie's any good.

okay?

It's summer blockbuster season

that doesn't mean spider-man isn't going to make a lot of money

First off. I saw this last night at a special thursday showing, and I'm not lying, probably 50 or more percent of the people in the theatre were seniors. Me and my girlfriend are 23 and we had an old couple in front of us and on both sides of us and it smelled like old people.

Second off, people were checking their phones 70 minutes in. It was distracting. The old man sitting beside me fell asleep and I knew when he fell asleep because his breathing changed from quiet to slow and heavy and the old lady in front kept turning around to see who was making so much noise.

Third off, when the movie ended, only 1 group of nerdy highschoolers awkwardly clapped. I felt so embarrassed for them, myself, and everyone around me. They started off clapping so confidently, like they thought they could get everyone else to clap too. Then the old lady on the other side of me was about to start clapping but when she saw no one else was joining along with them she changed her mind. Everyone left the theatre in dead silence.

IN THE RED CORNER
>planet of the apes rebooted for action series of cash grabs
>takes the piss out of the dialog heavy anti-war/human rights messages of the original
AND IN THE BLUE CORNER
>spider man got a movie ages ago
>reception was good and it got some weird, campy, kinda flat sequels
>reboots for holding a license hostage
>more reboots for cashing in on the comic movie trend
>even in his cameo appearances spidey NEVER breaks the lolsonerdyhighschoolkid mold of peter parker on the big screen

the darkest days, friends

>>takes the piss out of the dialog heavy anti-war/human rights messages of the original

War is literally about the Holocaust down to the humans using enslaved apes

it took three movies to get even close to that kindof 'message' and it felt like an afterthought

but better late than never i guess.

Great!

This is exactly what I wanted. I feel like I pulled out some crazy meme magic and made this happen because Holland killed my dreams of playing Spider-Man.

So I've been focusing every fucking second for years hating this guy and hoping this movie would bomb. And lo and behold. I probably shouldn't take credit because it's kind of insane, but whatever, I feel great seeing this.

I would have given you guys a much better performance, a much better film and a much better, older and more experienced Spider-Man in the MCU. From someone who knows and deeply cares about the character, not from some punk asshole kid who's looking to just get famous.

with Thor 3. Hopefully it's a better movie than both of these. They weren't bad mind you but really predictable for most of their run time and too CGI heavy.

Nice copy pasta DCasual.

Sup Forums giving a fuck about movies? of course Sup Forums

I sincerely hope Ape Kino overtakes capeshit

That's actually really sad.

>typing "capeshit"
you're better than this

... How the fuck is this copy pasta?

Yeah I get seriously suicidal every time I see the new Spider-Man. It would have changed my whole worthless, miserable life around. I get told all the time I look like Peter Parker and remind people of him. And I have some acting and work experience in the industry. I tried to get a hold of the casting people and some agent or something. I just never made any leeway and kind of gave up too soon.

I should have tried harder maybe, Sup Forums was encouraging me to keep trying but I gave up because they had their shortlist way too quick. I didn't know short of miracle, what I could have done to get Marvel's attention.

I think it happened in another reality though. One where I wasn't meant to suffer as much.

And I was going to call myself "Spider-Chan" and talk to Sup Forums about the movie as much as they'd let me. It'd be fun just dropping into spoiler threads and being like "Nah, that's totally off... you're getting colder."

It would have been a fun time for all of us.

> New film makes more than film that has been out for over a week shocker.

Explain more user. I'm interested. Who are you? What films have you been a part of? What's your favorite Spider-Man stories? Mind doing a vocaroo of some iconic Peter lines?

...did you actually audition, or something?

spbp

Good. The first two were amazing.

Rise wasn't that great outside of Caesar and this is pretty much that same level of quality. Noticeably less engaging than Dawn.

Yeah, Dawn was miles better.

Good.

this is what happens when you turn a classic supporting cast into the most unintentionally laughable joke of a cast in film history

Oh hey it's that guy.
It didn't bomb and you never had a chance to begin with

Unpopular Opinion, but does anyone else feel like the premise of these Ape Movies to be....outdated? Why not animals in general?

The original book did have a point in using just apes, but by now? Just use all types of animals rebelling against humans. Would be more interesting than seeing the same old things over and over again.

You know these are prequels to the original movie (or at least, to events that are essentially the same), right?

He's some autist who literally has a physical defect (can't remember which one), little to no acting experience and was posting on Sup Forums for months about how he would be the perfect Spider-Man.
I'm sure we could more out of this guy, he's Treasure Planet arm guy tier.

>Thor (Thor) movie will save us!
The absolute STATE of the MCU.

>$25 million less of a budget than Spiderman
Hmmm

Good News for Batman

I need thread links to this failed actor's career on Sup Forums

this is what happens when you put the monkeys IN FRONT of the camera

>Thor
LOL

Everyone who has T-mobile got discounted tickets to see that shit.. thats why.

>not believing in based Taika

>putting your faith in a movie led by Chris Hemsworth

Sup Marvel shill!

SAVE ME DR ZAIUS

Cringe

Why is this a bad thing? The PotA movies are pretty damn good.

While its a bit uneven, I would say Conquest of the Planet of the Apes was good. The new movies are basically and extended reimagining of that movie. Its done better, but I'll miss the original's predestination paradox.

Whats wrong with me?!?

Thor's got Taika Waititi directing it, I have high hopes since he's great.

>actors
>mattering
How much of a pleb are you, really?
Taika directs fucking children and makes great movies.

It's kinda crazy how forgotten the sequels are.

The idea is that apes are similar, but different enough to be divided into their own little groups. Chimps were liberals and intellectuals and commoners, Orangutans were conservative leaders,and the gorillas were military and law enforcement. Visually they can fit into these roles fairly well, even as the new movies have downplayed this you can see how it sort of fits; chimps are visually "basic" monkeys, gorillas are big and strong looking, etc. And of course, they lend themselves better to humanization than most other animals.

These new movies are pretty different int hat the apes are clearly apes, where as the apes of the first series could've just been any sort of beast people. Its pretty interesting to see a movie dominated by "animal" characters(albeit people doing motion capture, but still).

Beneath gets a reference or homage now and then. Particularly the "worshipping a nuke" part.

We just got three movies based off the third sequel. But honestly I'd say the whole original POTA series is sadly forgotten; most people know it from cultural references than anything else. Its got a dedicated following (which helped launch this reboot off such a niche idea, for one), but its fallen from the wayside.

Aww. I was hoping Donald Glover lurked on Sup Forums

seriously? holy shit. and the CGI/motion capture in War was fucking incredible.

This movie getting made for $140 million with furry all CGI main characters and big battle scenes makes me wonder where the fuck the budget goes in all these capeshit movies. Homecoming for example was $180 million. How?

most of it probably went to RDJ being in it for 8 minutes.

Robert Downey Jr's paycheck. Micheal Keaton's paycheck.

kek

recover from what?this is great!

The only reason I've even watched them is because I bummed a VHS collection from a friend of my mom's back in the day. I'm pretty sure most people don't even know that there's more than one old POTA movie.

BASED FUCKING CAESAR

No but I liked Homecoming but War was fucking amazing.

I was actually a little taken aback at how dark it got too.

I still need to watch the original film.

I got angry they discontinued the Marc Webb movies, hoping War and Emoji Movie will bury Homecoming.

Haha, thank you for sharing that

Spidey has gone SJW garbo

>Emoji Movie

Stop that.

It's kind of a fucking masterpiece.

As in the 2011 one or the 60s original?

The director is the most irrelevant part of a Disney production. Disney hire recognizable names only to say action and cut, the rest is up to a committee

Winter confirmed for worst ape.

Rocket is fucking underrated. Rocket is a fucking bro that should get more love.

Sup Forums doesn't read comics

I'm still baffled at how good these fucking movies are.

War is a far superior movie in every aspect. Anyone who's read Spider-Man for the last 10 years will tell you that we're used to being beaten like this.

Your pasta is good and tasty worthy a
(You)

I believe that completely, because it seems to be the case more often than not. Which is a shame. We'll see. I'll probably skip it, though. I don't really want to watch MCU movies anymore.

>Emoji Movie will bury Homecoming

I recommend tempering your expectations.

>Anyone who's read Spider-Man for the last 10 years will tell you that we're used to being beaten like this.
Why do we have to run the Bendis/Slott gauntlet year after year
It's not fair

Maurice is the ultimate bro.

It's funny that you think you're being a smart consumer by saying that. Most directors' influence is pretty clear on Marvel movies. Writing? Not so much.

To be fair Bendis can sometimes produce worthwhile stuff. 90% of the time I just wonder what kind of drugs he's on but the other 10% is okay.

>It's not fair
Now you know it is. We deserve it.

>Winter confirmed for worst ape.

Dude fuck Winter but Preacher pissed me all the way off.

I'm not dissing Maurice but everyone always rides his cock. Rocket never gets any love.

I mean Rocket took that brutal ass beating for that girl/Caesar. If that's not bro-tier material I don't know what is

Was Preacher the one they started calling Donkey? If so yeah fuck him too but Winter was just a fucking pussy.

Wow are people desperate to cast shade on the MCU.

Both are God Tier movies, it only makes sense that the later of the two would outdo the first on its debut during the other movie's second week.

Seriously, is there any place on the internet outside of Sup Forums that actually hates Homecoming because everyone else on the face of the planet seems to love it.

true. the gorilla who beat him up got what was coming to him, even if he redeemed himself at the last second.

He was the crossbow dude.

It is not that serious.

I was hoping he was going to at least bitch smack the gunner before getting shot but I ain't mad. Donkey was a race traitor

Actions for normies always beat comicflicks since there are technically more normies in the world.

>Both are God Tier movies,

user, I enjoyed Homecoming, but it's mostly just that, a fun Summer and decent Spidey flick, its not God-tier and nowhere near on the level of War though.

>He was the crossbow dude.
Oh fuck him. That nigger pissed me the fuck off. I mean shit like I get that he's probably afraid of the Colonel but after everything Caesar did and he still pulled that bullshit. I'm glad the fucking gorilla blew his ass up

I enjoyed both about the same, War for the planet of the Apes was an entirely different movie though so honestly comparing the narrative of a war drama to a super hero movie is going to have some differences.