My reaction to the Samurai Jack finale:

Why do people hate the finale? It is beautifully done.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=W2IjiIiw3-k
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Dumb romantic plot
Dumb female character
Dumb time physics bullshit at the end

They tried to cram too much into too little time.

>the godawful power of love trope is what saves ashi
>now she truly becomes a doughnut steel as she now has all of aku's powers
>"Ashi, you have Aku's powers!"
>"Oh, I do!"
>and that's how jack gets back to past
>they take the ending from a chinese cartoon except this time, the love interest's last words are fucking exposition
am i missing anything

Rushed.
Should've been a two parter or an hour long special.

I'd seen it before

Arthouse fags wanted slow shots and not much happening, Romance fags wanted a happy ending.

>People wanted, for some reason, a really deep and life-changing finale out of a show thats rooted in pure visual storytelling and style over substance
I'm not saying style over substance is bad in the case of Samurai Jack, this show is kino and so was it's ending. The only flaw with it was the pace, if it had just a few more minutes it would've had more breathing room, and it woulda been better

>A-ASHI I... I WUB YOUUUU
>MUH POWER OF LOVE
>WOAH I GOT AKU'S POWERS LMAO
>YOU'RE BACK ALREADY?!?
>I-I FELT HIM LEAVE ME
>WITHOUT AKU I NEVER WOULD OF EXISTED LOL
>ASHI NUUUUUU

It's bad.

>mfw the 300 stand with the one

rushed and too much romantic subplot.
their romance should've progressed slowly over the ten episodes, not progress slowly and then jump start like a jack rabbit on crack near its end

personally I was pissed they didn't keep the two timelines existing but separate so that jack goes to the past and saves his people while ashie stays and saves the future she knows as her home. instead they decide that the other timeline no longer exists and neither does the people in it making the entire series more pointless because literally no one can truly appreciate what jack has done except for jack.

But what happened to Lulu (sweet thing)?

Been dead and now completely erased from existence.

I honestly liked every single episode of the series and don't get any of the complaints that I see here all the time. Ashi was great, the tone was dark without going full edge, and the world felt like Jack was important. Surs the finale was a bit rushed, but what else did it need? Did people really go into the series expecting it to be like Berserk? Did people forget what the first 4 seasons were like after so long and forget that the old series had no continuity aside from the Scotsman episodes? This whole season could have been 4 episodes and it would have ended the same way as far as the old way was concerned.

I liked it myself. These people are plebs who can't stand the fact that Jack needs to Stoically accept his loved one is gone until he dies.

The people who are pissed aren't mad because it wasn't deep/life-changing, they're mad because it turned away from a straightforward happy ending in an attempt to be deep, which felt out of place in the simple visual show.

>did people really go in expecting berserk
I expected a happy resolution for the two characters that the season followed, so no.

Samurai Jack had actual multiple afterlifes.

Instead of letting his ancestors smile upon him and freeing the future that is Aku, he pressed the delete/unexist button and removed them from any existence. Hell, they could have even still done the "Ashi dies" shit by saying "oh no you've killed Aku that kills me too apparently"

Problem with the entire season. Show had no room to breath.

>Ashi's last words are exposition
>these are the last words spoken in the series

>You're back already!?

That was actually funny, though.

When you can honestly say that Gurren Lagann did it better, you know it's a shit ending.

>Why do people hate the finale?
No final battle with future Aku
and
>Oops, I forgot, I don't exist anymo-

youtube.com/watch?v=W2IjiIiw3-k

I really hate how people like this give a bad name to others who disliked the finale.

I'm only two minutes into the video, but what's wrong with it? I was expecting someone sperging out about "AAAHHHH FUCKING GENNDY FUCKED US ALL OVER WITH THIS PIECE OF SHIT ENDING REEEEE" or something, but this seems reasonable so far.

I made that post at the 10 minute mark. he mostly just comes off as really whiny, and the harping on shared screentime brings to mind the "its not 'mad furiosa' its 'mad max!'" though he makes some fair points later on.