About to watch this. What do I think of it?

About to watch this. What do I think of it?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Lg_cweoJXyo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Disneykino

You want to fuck the crab.

>What do I think of it?
That it should have been a series where she visits different places and we learn about various Pacific Islanders' mythologies in Disney format. With the obligatory episodes like winding up in not-Lilliput, meeting another wayfinder with crew who is pursuing a white whale, being abducted by aliens, etc.

This

The music is good.

Dwayne Johnson was born for the Maui role.

You want to ______ Moana

One of the best Disney Princess films, but Moana herself isn't that great.

That poor poor animater

You think it's better than Frozen because you're a contrarian.

You think "Shiny" is better than "I Am Moana" because you have shitty taste in Disney songs.

i want to fug moana.
with her consent

Form your own opinion faggot.

It's a legit good Disney movie, just watch it and have fun.

The demigod is disgusting and all the stories he tells the girl sound way more interesting than the stupid quest they are on

hug

Story wise its nothing all that special but its disney so its not anything you really care abojt while seeing it. Visually its awesome , especially the final battle, and the music is very good and memorable .

>You think it's better than Frozen because you're a contrarian
That's not how it works.
I do agree that I am Moana is the best song though. That entire sequence is beautiful

Had to do his job with only one free hand.

It IS better than Frozen. Shiny is not that great though. It sounds good but when you actually listen to the lyrics and put the song in the context of the movie you can only wonder "why is this here?"

What if she don't consent, bruv?

The answer you might expect wouldn't work. Moana is built af. She could probably crush your head in one hand like a coconut. Everything Moana does is gonna be consensual. For her, at least.

You enjoy it, it was fun, Maui was awesome and Dwayne Johnson did a solid job, the rest of the characters are fine. The only song you can remember after a week is "Shiny," even though "I Am Moana" was probably better, and you're pleased that the chicken was so much less annoying than that tiny shitty snow-golem Olaf in Frozen.

You go back to listening to the Little Mermaid soundtrack and you wish Howard Ashman wasn't dead.

When listening to interviews about the film later you appreciate how Clements and Musker did their research and used it in a fashion that improved the film.

A mediocre film where the acts don't tie together in any meaningful way, shit comes from nowhere with no explanation to justify an action sequence, and zero tension since the only hint of the protagonist actually failing is 25 minutes before the end of the movie and is resolved over the course of a single song.
And you heard all the music before in Frozen.

>built af
nope, look at these arms, zero definition, just flab, face too
they are testing waters before making next princess/heroine a full ham to pander to fats

I'm pretty sure they spent the majority of the time animating her with only one hand

>What if she don't consent
her parents better call chris hansen before it's too late

>And you heard all the music before in Frozen
I disagree. Besides Let It Go, all the songs in frozen were fairly forgettable. Meanwhile every song in Moana is aces and you have all sorts of people having differing opinions with which song was the best because they were all memorable.

That said, You're Welcome is objectively the best.

why is that webm so much more low-res at the beginning than at the end?

Holy shit I hadn't realized this, it's totally true

good movie.

>You're Welcome is objectively the best.

my nigga

>all the stories he tells the girl sound way more interesting
their not with a cutie pie polynesian girl so the stories are shit

Her dad doesn't have any definition either, but you cannot deny he's probably strong as a motherfucker, and she has his genes.

I dunno, what the fuck DO you think of it, you fucking brainless approval monkey?

Could still be that.

>Acts don't tie together in any meaningful way
Elaborate on this please
>Shit comes from nowhere with no explanation
It literally tells you that everything was lusting after the heart once Maui lost it
>Only hint of protagonist failing is 25 minutes before the end
Did you even watch the fucking movie? Moana consistently fails, in fact, the only time she truly succeeds at something is at the end when she restores the heart
>You heard the music before in Frozen
Music has a different style, and is much better overall

I disagree that he was disgusting but I will be mad as fuck if we don't get any maui prequels.

You're Welcome and the crab were the only memorable things about this movie.

>not considering the coconut

I agree. A movie about him as a baby when he was thrown away, to when he gets his powers and fights shit would be pretty cool

I'd consider the coconuts

The water is sweet inside.

Has a nice premises but sadly the story really stumbles around and lots of weird things that feels like should be expanded upon but tends to never be brought up again. I mean it's a fun colorful movie but you really get a feeling like it was rewriten so many times that there was tons of ideas that were dropped but somehow still made it in the movie in some way.

good eye candy

It could have been good, but suffered from having a boring protagonist that wasn't really much of a protagonist at all.

Good movie. Could be better as a TV show where the character development and exploring new islands/enemies wouldn't need to be squeezed into a 1 hour 10 min movie.

If it had to be focused on just one of the legends mentioned in his song what would you prefer.
I think the acquisition of fire would be the best choice.

Underwhelming end to the revival era.

I enjoyed Moana and its music more than I did Frozen, but I have a feeling Lin Manuel is a hack. How Far I'll Go uses a generic I V vi V progression that is found in literally (and I mean literally) thousands of songs. He hides it by using the key of E maj instead of D or C, but its the same progression. Look up Axis of Awesome to get an idea of how prevalent it is.

you probably hate it. moana is the kind of vapid bullshit you could only like if you were a child.

ENJOYMENT AND EXCITEMENT!

Who is this cutie?

He was only hired because of that Hamilton musical.
What was that movie even about? Racism?

WE
WAS
VOYAGERS

Agreed on both points.

ungok

She's so much cuter in the actual film than in the promotional works.

That's because when she is loosing her shit, she starts sperging incomprehensible shit, which ich a kinda cute quirk.

Nah, I mean she looks super cute in all the pictures I quoted. Something about the design in the film is way better than pic related.

It's bland and predictable. I have no idea why people hold this movie in such high regards.

Auli'i Cravalho, Moana's voice actress

Like said, I think it's more about how she moves and acts, it's pretty cute.

>Nintendo's quality seal

Because it's Disney, people eat up their shit since Wreck it Ralph, when they finally gave up and started copying Pixar movies directly.

i missed it, what was it?

Do you have the webm of the baby Moana promo

>I have no idea why people hold this movie in such high regards

Because it's good? Just because you're a jaded fuck who nitpicks literally everything about a movie doesn't make your opinion superior to anyone elses

The character mannerisms were just fun to watch in general. While watching I would often track back a few seconds over and over just to get my brain tickled by that animation. And yes, Moana is very cute when she's spazzy.

Seeing her almost get trapped in that cave forever then squeeze through that tiny crack almost gave me a panic attack.

>a series where she visits different places and we learn about various Pacific Islanders' mythologies in Disney format.

So what's the Disney format for having Maui die while trying to crawl up a goddess' vagina like a worm?

Generic

What the fuck dose kino means ?

Pretty, poorly paced, and poorly-staged. I never felt the weight of the journey. There was no sense of escalation or fatigue, the key moments just sort of popped up without adequate foreshadowing or build-up because they spent 40% of the movie establishing that this is a generic coming of age story.

Good, but starts suffering pacing issues between the second and third acts.

>Made by the guys who made Princess and the Frog
>They wanted the whole movie to be animated like this
>Disney went "OR, we could actually make some money" and forced it to be 3D piggu

Despite that, great movie. Probably the best nu-Disney movie behind Zootopia and Wreck-It-Ralph.

Just watched it myself. A lot of fun! Great catchy songs, excellent animation, loved the mythology aspect (Hercules is one of my favorite Disney flicks). The only thing that bothered me was Maui's return at the end felt too convenient and not developed enough. When he left I just went "Okay, see you for the final battle." and sure enough, he showed up. I don't hate tropes in an of themselves, but it was a trope that wasn't executed well.

Best scene
youtube.com/watch?v=Lg_cweoJXyo

the trunks and the leaves ain't bad either

>that belly flop at the end
You could hear half the audience in the theater audibly wince

Oh fuck off, Frozen was garbage.

You know your movie sucks when the comedic relief is the most likable and selfless character

I didn't like Frozen either but I don't get how you liked Olaf

I liked Olaf and Frozen.

>I liked frozen and olaf
lol

god i wish that were me.

...fuck this is true, never realized

>>Made by the guys who made Princess and the Frog
of course it was

I want to die.

What's that supposed to mean?

You don't see similarities between the characters?

>Revival era

what?

muskers and clements

chec their imdb orsomething

And The Great Mouse Detective.

And Little Mermaid.

And Aladdin.

And Hercules.

There was a Disney series like that about southeast asian mythologies, amusingly enough

What that they're not white?

No stop baiting, the demigod acts very similar in attitude to the prince, even his character art (with personality) is the same

No stop baiting, the demigod acts very similar in attitude to the prince, even his character arc (with personality) is the same

>Thumbnail has pig
>No pig in webm
Just like the movie, eh?

The prince was just lazy and harmless, Maui is proactive and tries to kill/dump Moana like 4 times because she annoys him. Maui starts out as a demigod who gradually gets weaker over the course of the story until he finally loses that big hook. The prince was just useless from the first minute to the last.

>M-muh pig