How would you make a super hero with powers involving fish-hooks?

How would you make a super hero with powers involving fish-hooks?

Baitman

He lures his enemies in with what they most desire and then goes for the kill

He already exists

He has a magical one that enables him to shapeshift.

Beach Boy?

He can fire out fish-hooks from his fingers and use them to grab stuff or grapple like a shittier version of Spider-Man. Also they might have gravity properties or something.

Call him...Jimmy Fischer.

Non-joke answer? Give him the magic ability to control fishing equipment. He carries several reels of fishing lines with hooks, ties people with them and sinks the hooks on stuff around him to anchor them. Or if he has a reason to hurt someone, he sinks the hooks on the enemies flesh and ties him into stuff, so that moving will pull on the hooks and hurt him. He can also carry a fishing rod that he uses as an unbreakable quarterstaff.

Maybe make him a demigod to some water god (Poseidon, Susanoo) or maybe a Maui reborn.

Was thinking this too

I like this answer, though I'm mainly asking because I keep thinking about a character that fires off hooks and lines and does cool string combat, or fishing rod combat.

12 beast had a fisherman that was badass in pretty much every department.

You could either make the guy an almighty janitor joke villain like the spoon in El Tigre or a full blown lose trigger shooting hooks left and right, however the nature of the hook as a tool is to be a trap, so probably a hunter/mercenary of sorts that uses the hook as one of his motifs.

I imagined him being the kinda guy that's like "well my powers aren't that strong in a straight fight, so I need to prepare." And he waits in hiding before shooting hooks at the villain or something.

I agree with the guy before that said Beach Boys.

Like, what if Beach Boys..but he could fire the hooks from his hands like omega red.

Pacific Islander super hero with the soul purpose to get the biggest "fish" in the ocean, he makes friends with animals and hates Atlantis for being stuck up assholes. His signature move is the peoples elbow and does the haka to transform.

Didn't one of Moore's Image comic in the 90s have a fisherman based superhero?

It was a riff on archery based superheroes.

I would call him the Master Baiter.

Fishhook you say?

You wouldn't.
Fish hooks are inherently villainous.

The Ult version of Scorpion (not the clone) kills people with a hook

She'd use kryptonite hooks to kill batman.
Not sure how she'd kill the rest of the MCU heroes though.

Meta-Bait:
Taunted online by bait posts on a vietnamese basket weaving forum, decides to strike back using fishooks