I thought you said this was good

I thought you said this was good
not even the animation was that great

The plot was awful. The animation was pretty gud.

>The plot was awful.
Welcome to Castlevania.

I got two episodes in. Just felt like it had no momentum. I appreciated that it still FELT like Casltevania and had a recognizable aesthetic unlike the recent reboot games, but I just really didn't feel like sitting down and dealing with the slow pace it felt like they were setting up. Does it actually pick up in pace or do I have to wait for Trevor to gather his party from Castlevania III for half the show?

>Does it actually pick up in pace or do I have to wait for Trevor to gather his party from Castlevania III for half the show?
>I got two episodes in.
You ARE halfway in already.

It's four episodes.

>slow pace
last 2 episodes aren't as slow paced as the first ones
And it's the beginning, it can't start with a bang.

it's another
>it's japanese so we skipped a few frames, b-because just like in yer japanese animes XD
right?

Does Castlevania even have a plot besides "Belmonts fight Dracula"?

The more story heavy ones don't follow the Belmonts, so they can't market those.

Which games were the story-heavy ones? I've only, played 1-3, SotN, and Lords of Shadow.

Which netflix series was worse? This or Bill Nye saves the World?

>Does Castlevania even have a plot besides "Belmonts fight Dracula"?

Once it was "Alucard fights Dracula"

Then a few times it's "someone wholly unrelated to Alucard or the Belmonts fights Dracula".

I never touched Lords of Shadow, but Ones that come to mind are Aria of Sorrow+Dawn of Sorrow and Order of Ecclesia. Curse of Darkness too, but that one actually is about the Belmonts.

This was just disappointing and mediocre, not horrible and offensive.

It felt very early 2000s anime. Not in a great way ether.

SotN is about as story heavy as it gets
But aside from that there's Lament of Innocence, the origin story of the Belmonts and Dracula, and Aria and Dawn of Sorrow, the reincarnation of Dracula after his final death.

As the other guy said, most other games that have plot and dialogue are just "some other asshole has to beat Drac's ass since a Belmont isn't around"

It was good enough, and Alucard is my husbando so I'll take what I can get.

It never becomes something amazing, but it does pick up the pace. The first two eps were my least favorite.

What? But the pacing felt like they were already padding things, spending so much time focusing on these 'speaker' monks. Trevor hasn't even fought a demon yet. I assumed it had at least 8 episodes. Why not just have Trevor already tearing through the castle by episode 2 if that's all the time you have?

It's an episodic mini series. Four episodes to solve the conflict in the town and move on. They don't even get near the castle.

Still, you may find joy in the fact that the last two are much more action-packed and have many little nods to gamers.

Anyone else think the bald priest with the thief's knife was supposed to be Grant? Until he got killed, of course.

Well, its animated by a jap studio.
Ellis wrote the show, isn't it? All this edgy talk made me cringe.

I did feel like they went overboard with the 'FUCK's. I'll never be against using one when it's appropriate but just dropping f-bombs every chance you get to appear mature kinda has the opposite effect.

>All this edgy talk made me cringe.
Demon casually walks by with a dead baby in it's mouth... can't help but laugh at how absurd and heavy handed it is.

Exactly, it feels like it was scripted by a13 year old. I could think its the target but then its based on an old videogame.

It's a prologue!
The season ends just about where you would begin the story.