Gentle remainder that Becky Sucrose only saw PB and Marcy as exes and that her one true Adventure Time ship is...

Gentle remainder that Becky Sucrose only saw PB and Marcy as exes and that her one true Adventure Time ship is Finnceline.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=E5KC1E5NyR0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I denounce your ship, Finntress is the one true pairing

I think you're just projecting user. Sucrose shipped everything.

>This kills the Finncelinefag

she had nice tastes but I'm glad she got the fuck away from my cartoon

>Fern
Oh, user...

no spoily

Except Lapidot

Well, I wish you well!

and for good reasons

>A shit Ship that the Writers don't even have the Balls to make Canon, is in the later, much agreed upon to be shittier parts of the show
Oh nooooooooooo

>much agreed upon to be shittier parts of the show
Says you maybe. These past couple of seasons have been excellent.

>Was the one most focused on trying to have the show have development and a focused character arc and plot
>Get's her own show
>Show is unfocused and scattered all over the place
How does this shit even happen?

>I don't watch adventure time anymore

It's okay user, but you are going to have to let go someday

she put too much trust in her crew

Didn't Sugar only make like one episode that was really about Marcy/Finn? Pretty sure she was real into Bubbline, the thing was her brainchild, but yeah they did seem like exes. But I don't think Sugar was anymore into Finnceline than anything else.

Also
>another AT ship thread
We got new episodes today and you fucks are already calling back to this shit, goddamn.

If Rebecca stayed on Adventure Time the series wouldn't have gone to shit halfway through.

I've been enjoying Adventure Time recently for the last couple seasons, but after Becky left it got kinda shit for a while mang

I kind of like Finn with Huntress Wizard.

>Sucrose shipped everything.

True I think she does every character with every other character. And to be fair this is the best way to do "shipping" because you don't turn into an obsessed whiney sperg.

I feel like it would have mostly remained the same, only some plots like Jake's kids and Flame Princess would have gone differently. Mite have been better than it is now but I say that as someone who really liked most of Sugar's AT episodes.

why does finn have to be with someone? can't he be happy on his own?

The Flame Princess plot was a big deal though. It set off all the series of relationship arcs and his loneliness. That was was sunk the show.

Nobody is saying he HAS to be with someone, it's just some people want him to. Don't start some crypto-MGTOW discussion but in Adventure Time format, shit is annoying. People like to ship.

Name 1 person irl/cartoon that is happy on their own.

I disagree, I'm glad she left. She made a bunch of great episodes, but I wasn't a fan of her more melodramatic style, it didn't fit well for Adventure Time imo. If she stayed, I think she would've tried to push the show more in that direction so I'm glad that didn't happen.

I used to think this too but with the ongoing similar problems of lack of dedication and progress SU has, it's hard to tell if things really would've gone differently.

Likely thing, it would have remained mostly the same, but as time went on Sugar's style probably would have gotten even more ill fitting and out of place. She would have been glued to certain plots (Flame Princess definitely, Simon and Marcy, maybe Bubbline, maybe Jake's kids) and played up the melodrama to those things so that the show makes even more shocking tonal swerves than it is now.

But on the bright side we would have gotten more of her episodes, which in general were good because I think she wrote every character well. I would have been mostly fine with it I guess.

The difference is that Rebecca lets her crew loose on SU. She has misguided trust in them, not all of them are good. And none of them are as good as she is.

Rebecca was doing the episodes herself when she was on Adventure Time.

>Rebecca was doing the episodes herself when she was on Adventure Time.
Hold on, let's not give her too much credit. She boarded episodes with Muto and Sanchez and there was an actual writing team too.

sorry, I didn't mean "herself", i meant that she was directly involved in the process.

The artist of sleepless domain?

Oh my bad, I misread. I agree with what you're saying, the best moments in SU have direct involvement from her. One of my favourites being Greg dancing with Rose trying to fuse with her.

Based Sucrose. Where's this from?

Rebecca was good at doing silly episodes too. My favourite purely episodic episode was "Power Animal", which she storyboarded with Muto. That episode was funny as fuck.

And, this is just my opinion, I loved Flame Princess, I would've preferred if they kept her as his love interest for a little longer. Why did they have to break his heart and make him so miserable? for what purpose? If Rebecca would've wrote against that, I would've liked it.

Also, Simon and Marcy is always appreciated. I think she deserves more credit, she wouldn't have worn it out.

As much as I loved Sucrose Flame Princess was kind of bad from the start. All her episodes used her as a prop and pretty much nothing else, then after she left the show had FP just go "Hey guys I'm 100% mature now" in a personality transplant and she stopped showing up.
FP's relationship with Finn was fucking awesome in theory, battle couple of two kids in love for the first time, hero boy trying to convince a crazy fire girl she's good, them getting into clashes over morality and their ability to be together while having fun, but their chemistry was never there.
The breakup was crap because Finn was sad and mopey longer than he was hanging out shooting the shit with his gf. That's partly Sugar's fault.

>The breakup was crap because Finn was sad and mopey longer than he was hanging out shooting the shit with his gf. That's partly Sugar's fault.
how is that party sugar's fault? she didn't have any part in it after she left

I loved the breakup because it was cool to see Finn increasingly fuck things up. I like people making mistakes and growing up. The problem is they dropped the arc without showing how Finn grew.

Because like I said, even while Sugar was writing FP in her episodes FP was a prop used as nothing more than developing Finn. Which is fine to a degree, Finn is a character much more important than Flame Princess, but she needed attention too for the relationship to be interesting and Sugar never did that.

In her defense she did only get 3 episodes, but she still shoulda worked to make the relationship more enjoyable within those episodes.

I kind of liked how they did that actually. If he had suddenly matured after Frost and Fire it wouldn't have been believable. By the time Bun Bun rolls around his apology feels genuine and forgiveness earned. Flute Spell is probably the best example of how Finn grew in that time with how maturely he handled the HW situation.

What's the most underrated episode Sugar made?
I always thought Gotcha was surprisingly good. Really good LSP episode where she learns something for once, cool adventure and monsters, that sexy Finn scene, and I always liked how the entire episode seemed to exist just to show how nice and sweet Finn is.

Their relationship was cute as heck in those three episodes. The scene where Finn saves her from burning through the Earth's core was especially charming. Her dialogue with Finn was great and you could feel the potential in their relationship. If Rebecca stayed, who knows what could've been, you know?

>Because like I said, even while Sugar was writing FP in her episodes FP was a prop used as nothing more than developing Finn
I really don't get what you mean by this, because, like you said Rebecca only did 3 episodes with her. I felt there was chemistry, but maybe it was just me. They were both young and silly and stupid and free. Which contrasted heavily to PB being held down, smart and boggled by responsibility of her kingdom.

youtube.com/watch?v=E5KC1E5NyR0

>underrated
I don't see people talk about Chamber of Frozen Blades much. And whatever happened to their ice ninja magic?

Her dialogue with Finn was great and you could feel the potential in their relationship.
I don't really remember this. Like, in Incendium FP seemed to be all nice but crazy evil then tsun at the end, which was cute and what very little interaction she and Finn had were nice, but then the next episode was mostly Finn being horrendously awkward chasing her and her misunderstanding him. Then there was that real cute bit at the end, but it just seems like all Sugar had were a few cute bits and not much else.
Burning Low was pretty lame because Flame Princess' purpose is to mostly stand there and be Finn's girlfriend. Like, literally all I remember her doing in that episode besides kissing Finn was telling him to do the water mouth thing. The rest is her exploding and Finn rescuing her- their relationship basically doesn't progress at all, the viewer doesn't get a feel for how they act around each other or anything.

>If Rebecca stayed, who knows what could've been, you know?
True that, I'm sure it would have been better than what we got because at some point Sugar would have had to start using FP more and developing her, but as it she didn't really do a good job.

>I really don't get what you mean by this, because, like you said Rebecca only did 3 episodes with her.
Basically I don't think she did a good job of making their relationship interesting or FP interesting in that timespan.

Really I think the only good FP episode (as in good because of FP, not just a good episode that FP happens to be in) was Vault of Bones because it was actually Finn and Flame Princess doing something together, showing their personalities clash and mesh, and them learning about each other and developing their relationship.

>Sucrose shipped everything
disgusting

Reminder that Finnceline died in season 2 and has been buried ever since. Marceline didn't like Finn that way and the feeling was mutual. Quit forcing this ship

he HAS to end up with someone fag

bad taste/10

We know. Doesn't change the fact they would have been perfect for each other.

Not if they don't have feeling for each other

Would. He said they WOULD have been perfect for each if they had had feelings for each other. The chemistry between them was through the roof.

I think of them more like siblings, not romantically. Kind of weirds me out thinking of them like that honestly.