What does Sup Forums think of the tf2 comics

What does Sup Forums think of the tf2 comics

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8J6ZB-3JUFg
youtube.com/watch?v=GLlLQ3LmZWU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I think that the large time periods between new comics is agonizing, but reading a new one always feels like it was worth the weight.

Stopped reading them a long time ago, got tired of them going nowhere.

Pauling going gay wasn't welcome either.

Hopefully it was after 7 years in development

>Pauling going gay wasn't welcome either.
1) it never actually happened
2) why?

Pauling never went gay; that's just what one of the comic authors claimed. They didn't even create Pauling, from my understanding - Then, to justify it, they said they just thought it'd be funny if Scout got screwed over in life again, by loving someone who could never love him back.

But I will say, there were to many concepts just outright dropped - But I feel like that has to do with Valve changing their initial plans for TF2 updates and the comic having to be written around it; like Graymann's demise or his robot daughter.

Was a bit funny in the beginning, then the writers lack of talent began to shine through when they started to include a plot and almost every joke became "le subversive action movie parody"

I thought they were funny, but the more they tried to play it straight, the less entertaining it got. It was pretty much always rooted in some absolutely ridiculous concepts, I think it was a mistake to try and make the audience take it super seriously.

That said, watching the team go up against the original Team Fortress mercs was pretty satisfying.

Pretty much what went wrong with Red vs Blue.

>play it straight
>try and make the audience take it super seriously

>implying this happened

As someone who never watched a ton of Red vs Blue, what went wrong?

they absolutely shit on the ow comics that's for sure

Is there a new episode?

There was a new comic the other month that's extremely long and really good

Some of the best slap-stick I've ever seen in a comic. The way they take advantage of being being online - allowing new panels and dialog to 'pop' up adds to the effect of a funny expression or line.

I think that Scout's voice actor should work on more stuff.

youtube.com/watch?v=8J6ZB-3JUFg

>That said, watching the team go up against the original Team Fortress mercs was pretty satisfying.
"Ross, why are you covered in gasoline?"

Surprisingly done amazingly well, as well as their animated shit

youtube.com/watch?v=GLlLQ3LmZWU

Not that user, but I think the main problem is that it has just gone on to long. Especially considering they have now had TWO different season finales that would have been perfect to end the series on. That being said the first episode of the new season still gave me a lot of keks.

The last issue had Soldier and his new girlfriend naked and cover in honey, fighting robots and discovering the glory of America.

Splendid!

I kinda admit her being gay (if they decide to make it canon) would fit a lot of what the comic's humor leans towards in terms of subverting and playing with expectations. That being said I'd hate what it would do to one of my OTPs. I don't need another ship crashing.

How about rewriting every line they added in MYM

Every single fucking one of them breaks the 4th wall