Lets talk about why Karnark is a completely shit character

Lets talk about why Karnark is a completely shit character

>is a member of the super special inhumans but unlike the other inhumans he doesn't have any super powers except wait he can do stuff that might as fuck well be super powers but no he totes doesn't have any thats why hes so amazing and badass!
>is a giant asshole that is bitter at the world because he didn't get super powers as a kid even though he could just get off his ass and get them at any point if he really cared
>is edgy as fuck
I mean holy shit I read the arc with the guy who could make people believe stuff and the character was so fucking try hard that I literally could not understand why people were praising it because it was a pile of shit. He was just a doucebag that I was suppose to believe was some kind of awesome deep character because he sprouted vague shit all the time and murdered people really well

Marvel tried to make him the next Wolverine. It's not a surprise he ended up a shit character.

He's fine but Ellis fucking ruined him.

His power is Batman, minus the gadget and wealth.

The Ellis run is shit and I'm glad people are finally seeing that.

Ellis' run is pure fun edge kino. Neck yourselves.

Think Midnighter would be a better comparison, especially after the Ellis run on Karnak

Ellis's run is shit, until the very last page. And then you realize that it was awesome all along.

Being as I have zero intention to read any of it, could you explain why that is?

Ok, I'll do it with four pages.

2/4

>Neck yourself
Predictable response from an ellisfag. But people with taste don't care about an overly delayed six issue run where Ellis self inserts as the intelligent, nihilistic character with a wicked sense of humor that his fanbase can relate to.

Karnak is fun edgy

3/5, because I apparently can't count for shit.

And I forgot to spoiler that one.

>It's fun because it's shit
That's not a good sign.

Last one, the whole point is kinda here.

This is laughably bad. Like holy shit.

Twice! I forgot to spoiler it twice. Saturdays are hard.

That's interesting. I guess I can see where you're coming from, that it would recontextualize a bunch of the character's motives and actions. Thanks.

I liked it. First I thought Ellis series would be about the dilemma between optimistm and pessemism, but it became something more primal.
Also Karnak was always an asshole.

>people think this is deep
jesus

>character is intentionally unlikable
>that means he is poorly written

user you weren't suppose to like him. The last three chapters are full people telling how bullshit his beliefs are.

He was always a pessimist and I guess finding a flaw in hell, after you commited suicide changes you.

The fifth issue was the best issue. The shatterer gets destroyed.

I don't get it

What?

Karnak, characterized as a nihilist, is written as a nihilist.
It's like you all didn't want him to be Karnak.

Throughout the entire story Karnak is basically being confronted with evidence that his entire philosophy and life style is him being angry at the fact that his parents never gave him super powers.

That their is meaning in the universe and that people can life with being something instead of learning to be nothing, like Karnak wants people to do.

He gets so frustrated that he explodes a guy for saying things he does not like.

He gave this guy brain damage because Karnak didn't want to admit that he actually wanted a to feel like something special and that he had an ego.

Than, with getting his "reward", he finds out that the man he mentally crippled for no other reason that because he was angry, meant the entire world to his parents and was the one thing that made them happy.

Being faced with the fact that he completely lost control, lost a lot of faith in his world view, and being confronted with what an asshole he has been he starts feeling like a piece of shit and is ashamed of himself.

Isn't he the guy who can see a weak point in anything?

How isn't that a super power?

But by his next appearance he's still a completely unrepentant asshole who never mentions or hints at any of this shit. This is why comics sucks.

Karnak is a villain not a hero. He lied to SHIELD when he killed this guy and told them he was a bomb.

And? Does that excuse his character arc from being coherent and meaningful?

Originally he came off as a kinda autistic guy that was really good a martial arts, but now he has become more popular than is healthy and get way too much focus.

He went from being a member of the royal guard to being "Karnak and the royal guard".

The whole inhuman thing is spiraling out of control with the elections and etc being stupid.

This was an explanation, not a redemption
Just Karnak is an asshole and here is why. Ellis has left to someone else to do the next step but no one has. Although he hasn't been nearly as crazy as he was in the mini.

That's a shame.

It would have been a great chance for some character growth. Maybe even have him try to find a way to make it up to the kid and the parents by trying to find a way to repair something instead of destroying it for once. He wouldn't even need to succeed in helping them or undoing the damage he did, though that would open a lot of interesting options.

C'est la vie, I guess.

There was this short scene in Prime. Maybe Karnak wants to return to his family.

>except wait he can do stuff that might as fuck well be super powers
The average "purebred" Inhuman can easily lift a ton, he's just powerless by Inhuman standards.

Gorgon was on the Royal guard. Karnak has been a priest for the entire time and the Royal adverser since like the 80s. He jumped everyone except BB and Medusa in importance way back in Jenkin's run.

I thought that Crystal originally introduced Karnak as a royal guard to Johnny Storm way back at the beginning, but you are right he was always a priest. Huh, funny that.

>can see the 'weakpoint' in everything to the point that can do brain surgery with his fist
no

THat comic was actually one of the three best thing since ANAD.

I like Karnak.

Karnak was able to see the flaw in hell and exploited it to escape from there...

Remember all of the crazy-strong "powerless" martial-artists in Marvel? Imagine if they had 100+ years of meditation and training along with a physically superior body

This

Everything about the Inhumans in the past few years has just revealed that they're not heroes, they're sociopaths.

o gee whiz
i never coulda guessed from the name

The series had great art.

>implying it's at all intentional on Mousevel's part

Karnak is like if you made a parody of an edgelord Millar/Ellis/Morrison villain who can use their SEEMINGLY INNOCUOUS power in totally bullshit ways that allow them to own everybody while the writer is shouting LOOK HOW CLEVER I AM YOU BABIES through a bullhorn

Karnak was well written in the Ulysses miniseries, but is utterly useless in Secret Warriors. It was fun watching Taskmaster kick his ass tho.

>held up by wanda magic so Tasky could win
I guess if double teaming counts

Tasky could beat him one on one. Shame we probably won't get to see that.

This is terrible.

Karnak should have fought Vision. Was the only guy from the Secret Warriors who could have harm him. Google it. Karnak vs Vision.
Taskie and Karnak has the same abilities but Karnak is super human so he would have beatrn him in a fair fight.

Karnak is a bigger villain than Maximus ever was.

Buump

Karnak is a literal inhuman.

Tracing is bad.