Spider-Man 2099 is Stuck in Earth-616 Storytime - Part 1

In four days, an era is coming to a close.

Twenty-five years ago...
>The Marvel 2099 universe was created, to decent sales; turns out that Spider-Man 2099 is the most popular

Twenty-two years ago...
>Joey Cavalieri, editor of the 2099 line, was fired as part of a cost-cutting exercise during the great crash, and then the original Spider-Man 2099 was cancelled two issues after Peter David's departure over that

Nineteen years ago...
>The original 2099 run was concluded in the "Manifest Destiny" one-shot where Spider-Man 2099 was the main protagonist

Fifteen years ago...
>Spider-Man 2099 was revisited by co-creator Peter David in the "Time Flies" arc of Captain Marvel (Genis-Vell)

Seven years ago...
>Dan Slott's Spider-Man 2099 comeback tease actually began in Horizon Labs at the beginning of the Amazing Spider-Man Big Time storyline

Four years ago...
>Slott directly teased the return of Spider-Man 2099 via Twitter
And there you go. Slott BROUGHT BACK Spider-man 2099 as he long planned in Superior Spider-Man via temporal shenanigans.

Storytiming Superior Spider-Man #17-19, and the first few issues of Spider-Man 2099 Vol 2 (if I have the time I may delve into Spider-Verse).

>Twenty-two years ago...
Did I lost track of the years passed? Twenty-one, to be exact.

I was pretty disappointed with the current run of 2099, but last few issues brought back my interest. Shame it's pretty much cancelled already

Y'know, Spider-Verse wasn't that bad. Parker Luck either.

Also, OP, just to be clear, this is not the actual Spider-Man 2099, but an alternate version of him where everything that happened in the original's book more or less happened to this version, as well, since the actual events of the 2099 universe takes place in an alternate-universe-future.

This is also evident by the fact that, in this version, Miguel's costume is red and blue, as opposed to the original's red and black, with blue highlights due to 2099's abundance of blue neon lights.

>themoreyouknow.jpg

So is Slott's Spider-Man 2099 an OC all along?

You sure about the suit thing? I thought that was just different styles of coloring at hand, since I always thought of Miguel's suit as a dark blue when I read the original 2099 run.

Now I'll give you that I was a Young'Un when I was reading Spider-man 2099, so I could well be wrong, but I think you're making that 'black and red' costume stuff up.
Could be wrong, but then, there are people that thInk Venom is blue.

"Wherever I go, I must mock Spider's neck break scene"

Fucking Christ Otto, every single time.

Skipping the pages that are useless to this topic.

>guy shows up
>says some crazy shit about a costume
>anons begin to reply
>dude just vanishes
Well played.

After twenty-two years, Spider-Man 2099 gets his own title again, by writer and co-creator Peter David and regular artist Will Sliney. Note that Sliney uses certain 3D software as a shortcut.

Thanks, OP.
Unpopular opinion - I think the original suit is just as shitty as the new one and is only preferred by most people due to nostalgia value and adversity to change.

Based Miggy.

>Reporter Let Go

What did she do wrong? Report on an intersectional Dyke March rounding up Jews and expelling them?

>515