>DUDE RELIGION IS BAD LMAO
>DUDE DRACULA IS ACTUALLY JUSTIFIED IN HIS ACTIONS LMAO
>DUDE WHIPS LMAO

fuck this stupid garbage

Other urls found in this thread:

jameshannam.com/medievalscience.htm
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hellmouth
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Dracula wasnt justified in his actions, they go and get something that can kill him as in Dracula has to be stopped

The Catholic church was bad back then, it honestly still is

Lol everyone loves it though? I'd hate to be this much of a special snowflake.

This is the 4th thread with the same complaint premise.
Stop you fucking Sup Forums riddled faggot

Oh shut the fuck up

>science girl gets burned at the stake by duh ebul religious people
>dracula wants to kill the entire county
>dracula, the science group and the mc now all have a common enemy

imagine being this triggered because someone insulted your religion

>The Catholic church was bad back then, it honestly still is
It wasn't and isn't but tip harder and eat matzo balls.

>DUDE RELIGON IS CORRUPT
ftfy
There's still good men of the cloth in the show

The speakers isn't a science group you dumbass, they are pagan forest people

>Churches were decorated with hell fire to scare the masses
>You had to pay to get rid of sins
>The Spanish inquisition
But no, the church has always been good

But Wallachia was Orthodox, not Catholic.

Dracula wasn't justified. The point was to show what caused his actions, not justify them.

Didn't they talk about the pope? As in excommunication can only come from the pope, as in its a Catholic church

>Churches were decorated with hell fire to scare the masses
Have you been to or see a Catholic Church? They have stain glass windows and biblical screans next to statues of angels. They have the occasional gargoyle meant to ward off evil spirits but they aren't "decorated witch hellfire" as you claim.

>REDDIT: THE SHOW
Oh boy, is this a Rick and Morty thread?

Imagine actually not being a nihilist who doesn't care about anything at all.

but religion is bad. it's been used to discriminate, it's held back science, and it encourages people to not think for themselves

Christ these episodes were terrible. I like the animation and the voice acting but it was so boring. The only good episode was the first one and the Alucard fight.

Have you ever seen a medieval church? Modern churches look nice and have nicer decoration, but midieval churches had the walls painted with threats of hellfire etc

>strawmans, memes and historical inaccuracy

Oh damn it I thought I had you!

>Inb4 b-b-but Issac Newton was a Christian
Doesn't matter, everyone in the west was

>Sup Forums again proves to be just as hemorrhoid-ruptured as the SJW's they make fun of

maybe you should establish safe-spaces where you ban such hurtful material as netflix cartoons

>complaining about this

What about the real issues? WHERE THE FUCK IS GRANT DANASTY!

Usually, that's what it means, but any church could practice its own form of excommunication. Doesn't really make sense otherwise, but they could also have messed up their cults.

Welcome to Reddi- I mean every time religion is brought up.

Where? Show me some. and not just random outliers. Prove to me this was actually a coherent occurrence and not bullshit. churches were decorated with icons and art, not filled with images of hellfire.

>Historical inaccuracy
So the Catholic church didn't stunt the growth of science throughout the middle-ages?

>HORSESHOE THEORY CAN'T YOU SEE!

Is the pendulum swinging back to religious people being the raging autists now?

Are you saying they did?

Anything could do that.

It's still fedoras trying to change laws regarding religion so no. Its a case of idiots being surprised that people complain when they're inaccurately historically protrayed

See and it is inaccurate.

The church literally had people who made discoveries that contradicted the church's teachings exiled or killed.

You're telling me they didn't have Galileo imprisoned for going against geocentrism?

I can understand the alt-right Sup Forumsfugees, but it still baffles me that the "deeply religious" Sup Forumsfugees still exist, outside of their containment board at least.

10/10 quality shitpost.

Rick and Morty, and Castlevania. Is there a third show to add to the "Reddit, reeee" trinity?

>Change laws regarding religion
Like what?

true. but that doesn't justify the church doing it, nor anyone else

>Are you telling me they burned all his research?

But the show literally said faith was a good thing, they just showed the church as being bad for using it to leverage control over the masses.
Wasn't the point that there's nothing wrong at all with religion, just with some of the people who practice it?

Calm down dude, you sound easier insulted than a muslim.

Except the Catholic church was building/managing universities around that time and was more interested in excommunicating clergyman with heretical beliefs than burning witches and suppressing science: jameshannam.com/medievalscience.htm

>Natural philosophy, or natural science as it was sometimes called, was one of the key subjects taught at medieval universities and also something that exercised the minds of such esteemed doctors of theology as Thomas Aquinas, Albert the Great and Nicole Oresme who all wrote commentaries on Aristotle that excluded religious ideas. This runs contrary to the popular view of the Middle Ages being something of a dark age for science, dominated by the rule of faith rather than the light of reason.

>behave like a moron
>"look this moron is like that moron"
>YOU CANNOT SAY THAT IT'S FALSE IF I JUST SAY YOU CANNOT SAY THAT

if you dont' wanna be compared to SJW's, stop behaving like them idiot

Clearly didn't watch the show. It's apparent from Ep 1 that Dracula is the bad guy, and that the church isn't evil, it just contains some evil people.
Holy water clearly works on demons, when it's blessed by a real priest and not a nonreligious power-grabber.
But yeah, you R/T_D fags are the worst.

Back to your echo chamber, fag. You know you kids aren't ready to have your ideas questioned, so why don't you come up with some less questionable ideas before you diarrhea them out onto the Internet and get rightly chastised for it?

>But the show literally said faith was a good thing

When did it say that? The closest I saw the show get to saying "yeah, okay, faith isn't entirely bullshit" is when Trevor ordered holy water to be made and it *worked*. But my problem is less with the church being the villains and more with every religious character with a speaking line being ignorant and/or totally corrupt. There are supposed to be GOOD believers in Cv3, like Sypha--who was a witch, not a Speaker, whatever the hell that is--who was taken in and raised by the church.

I love watching Christians throw tantrums on Sup Forums. Goes great with my morning coffee.

I was pissed that the West turned a Japanese series about fighting dracula with holy weapons and divine blessings into the typical hollywood version of the middle/ early modern period filled with unrealistically ignorant and irrational peasants, corrupt churches, decedent nobles and a persecuted Mary Sue race of moors, Jews and gypsies who were gud boyz dat dindu nuffin eva. It's tired, cliche, contrived, and uninspiring. See Japan's take on the matter with Maria the Virgin Witch. Thag show manages to critique the Roman Catholic Church and medieval power structures while remaining nuanced and tasteful. They also don't resort to the cliches I listed above.

>Priest blesses the water for Trevor to use it against the demons and it works
>DUDE R/ATHEISM LMAO

>black rock alien in western cartoon has a negative portayal
>"haha fucking stupid SJW-tards whining over nothing"
>american adaption of a japaneese videogame about a romanian mythological figure has a negative portrayal of a priest
>"REEEEEEEEEEEEEE UNNACEPTABLE STOP THIS NOW"

should be illegal to use a computer if you're this dumb

A perfectly valid critique, but don't expect a word of it to sink in with the "i love all these raging xtian autists kek" crowd.

So you're the same butthurt guy as before

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hellmouth

Christians can't handle it, they're not fussed when a Jew or Muslim says they're religion is correct, implying the Christians is wrong, but as soon as you say Christianity is likely wrong then they throw a tantrum like an idiot

Why are Christians so easily triggered?

Why don't you go pray about it?

Honestly makes me feel relieved. Guess making fun of the horrors of religion is still socially acceptable

You guys keep using this example. Too bad it's the only one.

>negative portrayal of a priest
Try all priests in the show. You know, except for that one that used holy water, which totally redeems this from being a tryhard Hollywood take on the medieval church.

>gets called out for spouting bullshit
>NUH UH GO BACK TO YOUR ECHO CHAMBER
Ok kid, Reddit is >>> that way

>Can't pray in school

>can't mention god in certain public venues

>can't refuse to participate in something because of religious values

It's almost as if with the leader of the church in that country being corrupt, most of the priests would be too

the point still remains nimrod, you are whining about representation like the faggot you are, go shit up tumblr instead with that crap.

You know this is based in an era where the higher clergy were corrupt Ass hats right

First Dracula did not have to commit genocide it's not what his wife wanted, second the church during the era of history this show is based are a bunch of corrupt asshole.

Contrarianism.

Maybe because we're the only religious group that TV, movies, and the media regularly portray as kooky, uneducated science deniers at best and backstabbing hypocrites at worst? But as per your example, I don't know of any Christians who throw tantrums when you say their religion is wrong.

>Can't pray in school
Just like every religion, you can't hold a lead prayer, any individual can pray whenever they want to

>can't mention god in certain public venues
Because if you're going to cater to one you have to cater to all so its more practical to give noone special treatment

>can't refuse to participate in something because of religious values
You're talking about gay wedding cakes right? I honestly will agree with you on this one, you don't have to serve someone if you don't want

Dracula is constantly trying to spit in the face of God.

Whatever excuse he gives, whatever reasoning he tries to make, ultimately, at the end of the day, Dracula is trying to spite God and everything God has made.

So if God is gonna take his wife, then he'll take everything God has.

>all these Catholic apologists
HAVE YOU FORGOTTEN EVERYTHING THIS MAN FOUGHT FOR

WTF I HATE THE RIGHT NOW

>What is all of this thread
And atheists arent portrayed as evil? It works both ways pal

>>DUDE DRACULA IS ACTUALLY JUSTIFIED IN HIS ACTIONS LMAO
first time encountering castlevania, are we?

Its retarded regardless because the church has a minor role in the castlevania series that never goes beyond sending agents to destroy monsters and demons. The only game where they have a larger involvement is portrait of ruin where a priest is sent to assist the protagonists with items and weapons. This shit in the show is purr wank for the writer to espouse his beliefs and the idiots whom are like minded are eating it up. Fuck both of you idiots, both of you are I sufferable faggots who get upset over bullshit and never shut the fuck up about it and ruin shut for the rest of us

You can point out corrupt ass hats in any era. There's nothing special about 15th century Romania in that regard, but the thing about the clergy being vehemently anti-science? Total bullshit.

Seeking dark powers because your wife died from plague while you were crusading and declaring war against God and man isn't justified.

>>DUDE RELIGION IS BAD LMAO
That's true, though. Anyone who hasn't studied the Middle Ages and how it irrevocably ruined Europe is an idiot. Pic related.

So it's good. I'll keep that in mind.

>And atheists arent portrayed as evil?
No? Unless you can give me some examples?

>You're talking about gay wedding cakes right? I honestly will agree with you on this one, you don't have to serve someone if you don't want

again, the lawsuit wasn't about refusing to bake a cake it was about the bakery illegally posting the couples private phone number online

>atheists actually believe this

And anyone who believes a random graph over actual cited research is a moron: jameshannam.com/medievalscience.htm

That's Lament of Innocence. CV4 has pretty much same backstory in the game as in the cartoon.
Also nobody is saying murderizing Wallachia was justified, in fact all the characters, including his son, want to kill him.

I watched it last night and thought it was pretty badass. Simon is a solid bro and the dark magician girl is cute. The animation wasn't super great, but the action and blocking was fantastic.

>Atheists: still proving that their bias against religion would get them to believe in anything
You people are no different from the ISIS Muslims, considering your world view is entirely black-and-white.

Why are you a science denier?

>CV3
fuck

If there was no science in the middle ages there wouldn't even be people smart enough to make cathedrals or city infrastructure, or weapons to fight in wars.