Rumored Sony-Verse Plot Details

Ruben Flescher's VENOM

>Reporter Eddie Brock (Tom Hardy) becomes Venom after bonding with a symbiotic "suit" developed by OsCorp. Brock's wife Ann Wyeing is featured. The main villain is Cletus Kassady / Carnage. The movie will be rated R.

Gina Prince-Bythewood's SILVER & BLACK

>Silver Sable is hired by the United States government to locate Black Cat, who has stolen Information on a supersoldier serum developed by the Robot Master on behalf of Norman Osborn. Upon learning that the Robot Master murdered her father, Silver Sable joins forces with Black Cat to fight him and his enforcers, the Scorpion and the Tarantula. Jessica Drew / Spider-Woman, Kraven, Chamaleon, Amos Fortune and Charles Standish are also featured. Sets up an all-female team-up movie also featuring Charlotte Witter / Stunner, Cassie St. Commons / Dusk and Sarah Ehret / Jackpot. Michael Mando reportedly playing the Scorpion to establish a "soft continuity" with SPIDER-MAN: HOMECOMING and the MCU. The movie will be rated PG-13.

There are also plans for Maysterio and a spin-off about Kraven.

>Soft continuity
This shit is gonna drive me nuts

My goodness this sounds dreadful.

>created by OsCorp

Is this the Ultimate continuity origin? Were Mr. Parker and Eddie Brock Sr working for OsCorp when they made the cancer-cure symbiote?

why can't Sony just take their share of the MCU spidey profits and fuck off.

>Soft continuity

Welp

>Sony-Verse
>Michael Mando reportedly playing the Scorpion to establish a "soft continuity" with SPIDER-MAN: HOMECOMING and the MCU. The movie will be rated PG-13.

Why not just let Marvel Studios have creative control while they rake in the shekels effort-free?

But with, like, good ideas for movies?

Sony pls stop, for fuck sake I hate this nigger company and their shit films, Sony didn't have a good film in fucking years

Kraven's Hunt? Could be good.

>Silver Sable and Black Cat movie rated PG-13

And.......dropped

Can someone explain the logic of a dark mirror story that doesn't include the character being mirrored?

>Mysterio spin off
nigga i love Mysterio but how the fuck are you going to make a entire movie with him

I thought Scorpion was going to be the next Spider-Man villain. What was that post credits scene for then?

>Jessica Drew / Spider-Woman

>>Silver Sable is hired by the United States government to locate Black Cat, who has stolen Information on a supersoldier serum developed by the Robot Master on behalf of Norman Osborn. Upon learning that the Robot Master murdered her father, Silver Sable joins forces with Black Cat to fight him and his enforcers, the Scorpion and the Tarantula. Jessica Drew / Spider-Woman, Kraven, Chamaleon, Amos Fortune and Charles Standish are also featured. Sets up an all-female team-up movie also featuring Charlotte Witter / Stunner, Cassie St. Commons / Dusk and Sarah Ehret / Jackpot. Michael Mando reportedly playing the Scorpion to establish a "soft continuity" with SPIDER-MAN: HOMECOMING and the MCU. The movie will be rated PG-13.
This whole thing sounds stupid...I would love a really hot girl teamup but this sounds like an aweful movie. And we won't see any sexy suits so what's the point

Nice sources fagtron

>Soft continuity
JUST OUTSOURCE IT TO MARVEL STUDIOS YOU FUCKS

HOLY FUCKING SHIT

>And we won't see any sexy suits so what's the point

We don't know that yet, there could be hope.

Better yet, don't make it at all.

Venom is the most generic idea for a movie they could've possibly come up with
Silver & Black just sounds like pure garbage

How the hell is the new Spider-Man franchise going to sustain itself when all of its characters are unavailable?!

They can't have sexy suits because it's 2017 and that's sexist

even more better JUST GIVE THE RIGHTS BACK

>Silver Sable is hired by the United States government to locate Black Cat
Why do you need to hire an assassin to find a cat burglar?
>Scorpion and the Tarantula. Jessica Drew / Spider-Woman, Kraven, Chamaleon, Amos Fortune and Charles Standish are also featured.
That sounds way overstuffed
Are any of these characters worthy of leading a movie?

my guess is oscorp made the suit, tested it on kassady and it all went tits up. ann's dying, eddie learns that oscorp made the symbiote that can cure cancer, breaks in and an earlier version of the suit bonds with him

Does anyone care? Anyone at all? Is there anyone who's even remotely invested in the Sony movies by this point?

but the male lead will have a topless scene, even steve trevor had one

Should have made hime Flash just to be the company to do him correctly. But pascal is clearly hoping for an agent poopoo venom v fox venom crossover.

At this point I'm just sick of hearing about them! I don't WANT to be invested because they just keep coming back worse. Sony is seriously the "that kid" of these movies.

>after bonding with a symbiotic "suit" developed by OsCorp
What

>The main villain is Cletus Kassady / Carnage
WHAT

When they cast meme mumblr Hardy I checked out. But if Disney wants the property they can pay more than full price for it. Same goes for the Fox properties, Star Wars 1 included.

They probably want to appear to be in the MCU and trick people without actually being in the MCU
This seems a little more noble than my original fear of them ripping out Spiderman from the MCU

As much as I like Holland in the role after watching homecoming I would welcome that move with open arms.

That movie was largely garbanzo.

They can't use the comic origin of the symbiote
This is the next best thing

>They can't use the comic origin of the symbiote
That sounds pretty similar to his Ultimate origin though.

Fuck you it was good

>lets reboot everything
>but we'll do the same fucking shit we were trying to do before
>lets have OsCorp behind everything AGAIN
>lets force in as many z list characters to get our own universe AGAIN
>lets try to make a Venom movie without Spider-man AGAIN
I know Avi Arad is behind the Venom bullshit. I know Silver & Black is Pascal bullshit.

I fucking hate Sony so much.

They might as well just do Spider-man vs Amazing Spider-man vs MCU Spider-man now.

I was also referring to no Peter

I still can't believe they seriously thought about doing a SM v ASM movie

>They might as well just do Spider-man vs Amazing Spider-man vs MCU Spider-man now.
Oh I'm pretty sure Spider-verse is confirmed

GODDAMIT SONY NO ONE GIVES A FLYING FUCK ABOUT YOUR SHITTY STANDALONES GIVE SPIDEY BACK TO MARVEL STUDIOS AND FUCK OFF ALREADY

Jesus I'm mad. Don't just reminds me of that one obnoxious kid who's always telling you how competent he is and how he knows what he's doing before he fucks it right up for everyone. Fuck I'm mad. We gave you a chance and it's clear you have no idea what to do with Spider-Man, so please just fuck off

He more than likely will what with the revenge mentality in mind. Why he's also in silver and black though boggles the mind.

See he gets to exist as both in both universes

I bet Marvel is starting to regret taking a deal that allows Sony to pull this shit.

This could really fuck up the MCU brand.

>""""""Noble"""""""
What's noble about trying to trick us into seeing their diaherrea?

it really wasn't. there were good moments but tomei was fucking terrible, liz allen was fucking terrible, zendaya was fuckign terrible, Ned was kinda good, Keaton was great, Holland needs work but was good, the action was atrocious, the webswinging was too herky jerky and looked more like zip-lining, the AI system in his suit was stupid, Flash was terrible, more people than Ned knowing his secret already is terrible, Tony making weird sex jokes about a screwing pooches (I know the saying, but he took it further) in a movie which couldn't punching was stupid, as with the random uses of the word 'shit'. If it was a kids movie and they didn't want punching why have any of that? Just to bump the rating to PG-13 so it wasn't PG?

The whole thing was watered down, they did the same shitty thing Logan did with including an incredibly unsubtle nod to the movie they ripped off with the very scene they were ripping off.

I mean I could go on for hours on what was bad. There were very few things I'd actually say were "good".

Like, this is damaging this new Spider-Man franchise hard. Using up all the Spider-Man villains at once will crash it.

Batting 2 for 5 is better than batting 0 for 1. And, no, Civil War does not count.

I used to jerk it to Silver Sable back in the early 90s

The movie was pg-13
And like a bunch of people complain about how everything Marvel does is punching
And Spiderman has to pull his punches anyways to not murder people
So that isn't a big deal

>couldn't punching

Man I've seen anons say the exact opposite every time someone brings it up.

Looks like scorpion will appear in both although Venom bombing (high possibility) will more than likely have an effect on silver and black. My question is who do they use for the future? Morbius, Hydro man, Spider Slayers, Prowler?

This. Fuck me, I thought Disney execs were supposed to be crafty Jews, why did they throw in a non-negotiable clause that prevented or at least hindered bullshit like this?

They'll have to use Slott's material for the films.

>What is Suicide Squad?
>Besides an awful film.

>Ruben Flescher's VENOM
>>Reporter Eddie Brock (Tom Hardy) becomes Venom after bonding with a symbiotic "suit" developed by OsCorp. Brock's wife Ann Wyeing is featured. The main villain is Cletus Kassady / Carnage. The movie will be rated R.
>Gina Prince-Bythewood's SILVER & BLACK
>>Silver Sable is hired by the United States government to locate Black Cat, who has stolen Information on a supersoldier serum developed by the Robot Master on behalf of Norman Osborn. Upon learning that the Robot Master murdered her father, Silver Sable joins forces with Black Cat to fight him and his enforcers, the Scorpion and the Tarantula. Jessica Drew / Spider-Woman, Kraven, Chamaleon, Amos Fortune and Charles Standish are also featured. Sets up an all-female team-up movie also featuring Charlotte Witter / Stunner, Cassie St. Commons / Dusk and Sarah Ehret / Jackpot. Michael Mando reportedly playing the Scorpion to establish a "soft continuity" with SPIDER-MAN: HOMECOMING and the MCU. The movie will be rated PG-13.
>There are also plans for Maysterio and a spin-off about Kraven.
What would normies say if this was done by marvel?

Such as?

He doesn't punch. Anyone disagreeing is a shill or hasn't seen the movie.

I said it was pg-13. If they didn't say "shit" a few times and make a few extended "screwed the pooch" references it would have been PG.

And the no-punching thing would even be fine if he said in-movie to ned or something "I can't just go around punching guys I'd kill someone." But they didn't because its an after thought filled in by your head canon.

Just like Uncle ben who still doesn't even exist an may never. Right now he's known as "everything she's [Aunt May] been through".

Marvel wouldn't do this
Or at least they'd relegate to Netflix

The idea of spinoff films isn't inherently bad. But we know Sony isn't planning this out very well at all

If Sony execs were in charge of the MCU, they'd have tried a Vision film straight after Age of Ultron, a Winter Soldier standalone, an Iron Patriot standalone, a Jarvis solo that'd be the prequel to Vision, a Groot and Rocket Raccoon prequel...I swear this guys have zero idea what they're doing, I've never seen a more clueless studio

This. They are too eager to start spinoff without defining the purpose of them. Marvel at least has their franchises have their own atmosphere and feel. Sony is doing everything that runs the same theme

I think it's pretty clear from that joint Feige/Pascal interview a couple of weeks back - and the subsequent clarifications that Sony and Marvel issued insisting that Pascal misspoke - that Marvel have put something in the contract that prevents Sony connecting their other spider-centric movies to the MCU. But Sony are (inevitably) going to carry on looking for a way round whatever restrictions are in place.

harleyfags hated SS harley because she wasn't in the jester costume

But she made an appearance in it, didn't she?

You think Harley dyes her pubes? Asking for a buddy, haha

Because if their non-MCU movies do well enough, it will give them a leverage to use against Marvel when the 6 movie deal ends.

Basically "Give us more money/hand back over the merchandising rights to Spider-Man or we'll take him out of the MCU and into OUR movies"

Goddamit I genuinely hate Sony now.

>do well enough

That's the thing though. We know they are going to bomb since they are basically repeating history like they did with the amazing series.

>All those characters in silver and black

That's a clusterfuck in itself.

Sony is going to bring in Mile Morales after this trillogy of Spider man movies

Do you guys think there's a large enough chunk of the web (lol) that doesn't want to see Sonys standalone bullshit. If we could raise awareness about the situation and basically remind everyone that the Spidey they enjoyed seeing in Homecoming will get the Amazing treatment, all the rage might get Sony to reconsider

i suppose sony japan could just turn sony america into the spider-man company

heist movie

I hope so. And I hope her muff is massive.

itll net AT LEAST 2 bil

It's a no-lose situation from Sony's point of view. If the spin-off films do well they've got a ready established universe they can drop Spider-man into when the Marvel deal expires. If the spin-off films flop, they can tell Marvel that they'd like to extend the working partnership for a few more films.

LMAO
>1-2 bil
I'd fly that Risitas guy out to your house just so he can laugh at you if I could afford it

And Ostranderfags hated SS Squad because it wasn't about the Squad but rather Will Smith and so random clown girl
It's like Transformers where it alienates everybody but the Chinese.

>Reporter Eddie Brock (Tom Hardy) becomes Venom after bonding with a symbiotic "suit" developed by OsCorp.
Come the fuckon

harleyfags don't care about the jester costume, they just want her shipped with poison ivy all the time

>Silver Sable is hired by the United States government to locate Black Cat, who has stolen Information on a supersoldier serum developed by the Robot Master on behalf of Norman Osborn. Upon learning that the Robot Master murdered her father, Silver Sable joins forces with Black Cat to fight him and his enforcers, the Scorpion and the Tarantula. Jessica Drew / Spider-Woman, Kraven, Chamaleon, Amos Fortune and Charles Standish are also featured. Sets up an all-female team-up movie also featuring Charlotte Witter / Stunner, Cassie St. Commons / Dusk and Sarah Ehret / Jackpot. Michael Mando reportedly playing the Scorpion to establish a "soft continuity" with SPIDER-MAN: HOMECOMING and the MCU.

Did they just look at a list of Spidermab characters and throw it onto a cast sheet? What rhyme or reason is there to so many fucking characters?

You think they will go gun shy if the venom movie flops?

The question is, will it be worse than Fant4stic?

>What would normies say if this was done by marvel?
They'd be praising it to all hell. An all female team-up superhero movie? They'd clap when Black Widow is thrown as a lead.

Depends how badly it flops. They might think "A Spider-man v Venom film would be a box office smash that would reinvigorate our floundering shared universe". Or they might think "The Spider-man films we're making with Marvel are making us lots of money - do we want to kill the goose that lays the golden egg?"

If you've read the leaked Sony emails from a few years back, you'll realise that Sony execs aren't exactly the sharpest tools in the box, so don't count on them to do the obviously smart, most profitable thing.

It wouldn't surprise me if they told themselves "We don't need Marvel's help to make a wildly successful Spider-man film" - and then crapped out yet another turkey.

So what will they say if it flops and they are reminded yet again that they do need Marvels help to make a wildly successful Spider-man film?

They had these same plans with tASM.

Dumb evansposter.

Yeah, I remember the box office hits that were Sinister Six and Amazing Spider-Man vs Spider-Man.

God I hope not

>let's make a Spider-Man Cinematic Universe
>without Spider-Man
I did not think anyone could be this insane. Sony Pictures has proved me wrong.

I don't understand why Sony doesn't use another Spider-Person for their movies.

They could create alternate universe movies for characters like Spider-Gwen (you'd think Pascal would be obsessed with a Spider-Gwen movie) or Spider-Man 2099 or even Noir Spider-Man.

For god's sake, Sony is literally making a Mile Morales Animated Movie. Why can't they do more stuff like that.

After fucking up Spider Man completely with the dying Homecoming shitfest why would you faggots want Marvel to touch any of the characters other studios are protecting from Marvel shitfesting?

Homecoming is a flop. dropping as bad as ASM2...which killed garfields run.

Keep the rights forever Sony and you too Fox. You guys are our only hopes for good movies about classic characters. lets get the fuck busy on the Fant4stic follow up already!!!!! Fuck!!!!

(You)
Don't try too hard the next time.

Go away, Pascal

>Homecoming is a flop
>$257 million domestic opening

Dude you should get your cerebral palsy checked.

>This entire thread
How can people still root for Disney after the shit they've been churning out year after year. Homecoming was the pinnacle of the shitmountain.

I'd rather have the mousekikes give up the rights to Sony than see another basterdization like poo-in-loo Flash and BLM "Michelle Jones" (geddit? geddit? Her initials spell MJ)

TITS AND ASSES CONFIRMED OR NOT !!???

Because even all the trash Disney has dolled out is better than OP

How the fuck can you think any of OP sounds better than Homecoming

We gettin R Rated Carnage

Only if she has mega tits