So Will Smith is gonna play Genie. How you all feel?

So Will Smith is gonna play Genie. How you all feel?

movieweb.com/aladdin-movie-remake-cast-2018-disney-live-action/

I guess Robin Williams wanted too much money.

Well they weren't going to get another Robin Williams. So Smith as a loud, obnoxious genie seems the next best thing.

DENIED, SIT DOWN.

so you were sayin we sum kinna genie n shiet?

How much does it cost to get a ressurection, anyways?

I feel like this could work if this was still the 90s, but I don't know if serious actor Will Smith could pull it off now.

Aww hell nah. Disney be all blue-washing shit.

It's not like Disney is gonna' spend their resources resurrecting Robin back from the dead, when hiring a different actor is much cheaper.

i feel like this thread is all ready on Sup Forums where it belongs.

Will he rap? Does the Genie get jiggy with it?

AYO

Are they going to get another Jew to play the Arabian folk hero?

No? Yes? "jew" has practically lost all meaning here.

I mean alladin's chinese in the 1001 nights anyway.

A few dozen mil, give or take.

It would be cool to see him in a Comedy Role. He has been insufferable for a long time though.

I cry every time I remember Robin Williams is gone

Like getting jiggy with it

I'm oddly okay with this.

nanana na nanana

With the markup at the local marketplaces and curio shoppes, it will cost you about 1500 g.

You'll also have to pay a bard accordingly to perform the Resurrection.

It should be someone who can improvise.

If anything like the Beauty and the Beast remake it'll be complete shit - padded out with pointless, unnecessary side plots and 'new, original songs' nobody wants.

Like I'd trust a Bard with my 1500g. Can't I just get a Lich to do it?

My true neutral bard will do it if you pay him 500g on top.

They could just use holograms. It's how Tupac is still alive.

Wait, hol up.

now I understand why Robin Williams committed suicide

I find it insulting considering Will phones in his roles these days just playing himself

Should have been Shaq.

Green eggs and ham it.

I thought Will Smith didn't do comedy anymore.

He seems to take himself TOTALLY seriously.

so whoever plays Aladdin can actually ask "yo G(enie) would you make me a sandwich" and it would work? Sounds good to me.

On the one hand it's Smith WAY past his prime. Can he still be funny?

On the other, if it means they don't repeat the mistake of their last live action retelling by doing the same fucking movie over again but shit, that could be a good thing.

Crazy idea here guys, but maybe go back to the source material? Holy shit, TWO genies, guys!

Oh no, it's definitely gonna be another BatB. Plot contrivances and autotuning abounds

Ben Kingsley for Jafar.

There's an important question that everyone's failing to ask here:

Will Gilbert Gottfried come back as Iago?

I hope he puts on the retarded accent from after earth for this

>making a black man a slave
is Disney /our company/?

Is he going to play Black Genie or Robin Williams Genie?

>Inside the lamp is where I spent most of my days

>live-action Aladdin
Why?

Because Disney loves money

This.
Things have been created for less reason than a billion dollars.

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE get the original va

What happened with that BatB film, anyway? I know a lot of girls who were super excited for it, then it came out and fucking crickets, you know? No one was talking about it, it's like they hyped people into buying enough tickets to show 'WHOA DISNEY WINS AGAIN' and then left people floating once they got their money.

GIMME A HUG, ALADDIN

witnessed

Beat me to it

>live action
I can't wait for the eventual awful tryhard dark, gritty tone the entire thing will have.

HAHAHAHA

twatter is having a meltdown because the pink ranger is playing jasmine, no one seems to give a shit that Aladdin is being played by a Coptic Egyptian making him neither a Muslim or Arab.

Because the last Disney rakes we're just like that.

underrated

The should have got Dwayne The Johnson

>pink ranger is playing jasmine
Which pink ranger? The real one or the one from that completely forgetable movie?

Either way, sucky casting.

Guarantee you he will phone it in like in Suicide Squad, and people will eat it up because Will Smith is cool. Seriously, I like Will Smith, but he was bad in Suicide Squad. He was just "Cool guy who acts aloof and makes quips while looking stoned"

Was Neil Patrick Harris too busy?

modern one or woman in her 40's....

I guess they couldn't get Dan Castellaneta?

The guy playing Genie on Broadway is pretty good, has actual talent unlike Will.

yes.

>its only a matter of time before they get to Mulan

That is one gay lookin nigga

It's broadway, man. Were you born yesterday?

My initial response was to be annoyed because Smiths comedy style is different from what Williams' was. Then I remembered how annoying I found Genie to be as a kid, so I guess I'm OK with it.

is that supposed to be sarcasm?

of all people, Will Smith..?

Why...? he doesn't have the star power he used to have. And there's got to be better choices out there...

Stop reminding me it exists user

What will Disney do once they've done live action remakes of all their animated movies? make animated CG remakes of the live action remakes?

I wish this wasn't being made, period. Will is alright for this role which shouldn't exist.

At least the Jasmine is decently cute. Emma Watson was too handsome for her role.

Emma Watson was also a terrible singer

Why didn't they cast Jim Carey

We must go deeper!

>Coptic Egyptian
As a Coptic Egyptian that's really cool. It's not like anyone besides George Clooney knows anything about us.

HOL UP
SO YOU BE SAYIN
WE WUZ
SMOKELESS FIRE N SHIET?

Remember when they remade The Jungle Book which was never a very good adaptation in the first place?

Why didn't they stick to improving their old mediocre (mainly Xerox era) films instead of trying to outdo the ones everyone liked and failing?

>white Jasmine

Half Indian. The other half is white though, yeah.

wew

It's already been announced to happen next year, dude

As if I need more reasons to hate Disney.

You realize Jews and Arabs are both just modern-day Phoenicians, right?

>One of the most whitewashed blacks in the industry

I mean, I guess?

>modern-day Phoenicians
Someone is a fucking idiot

I'm still waiting for my Black Cauldron remake. If there's a movie that could benefit from being redone with today's technology, it's The Black Cauldron. I feel like even Treasure Planet would have a better chance of getting a live action remake though.

In their *not-racist vision of the world, Egyptian = Arab and Muslim.

Honestly, find someone with the right build, throw the entire budget at CGI and let that Simon Helberg guy do the voice.

>Crazy idea here guys, but maybe go back to the source material? Holy shit, TWO genies, guys!
Why would they want to make the movies too different from the Disney adaptions? The entire point of these movies is to be vapid cash grabs that bank on nostalgia.

I think the comedy thing worked out with suicide squad so he's going to try again.

Jim Carey hasn't retired yet? He hasn't done anything note worthy in the 2010's. He's probably out of shape

>live action jasmine
>will smith genie

I was actually just thinking this, old Will Smith seems to be a lot more serious, I'm kinda curious how well he returns back his comedic roots

They didn't give a shit about Oscar Issac playing Apocalypse.
or did they?

Also probably the closest thing to Babylonian they can land that won't bring up the Iranian elephant in the room. And poss get someone killed.