EXCLUSIVE: Batman: The Dark Prince Charming Offers a New Vision of Gotham

>You think you know Gotham and its most famous resident. You may even think you know his adversaries and allies. Well, this fall, forget all that you know as we present a new vision of Gotham, care of master comic book creator Enrico Marini.

>Marini is well known within the European comic book market, and is acclaimed for his flamboyant art style and cinematic approach to storytelling. His work includes the best-selling French-language comics Le Scorpion, Eagles of Rome and Gipsy. However, we haven’t seen him tackle a mainstream super hero like the Dark Knight prior to now.

>BATMAN: THE DARK PRINCE CHARMING is a two-volume graphic novel series that finds Batman once again facing off against the Joker. Only this time, the stakes are personal…

>"Acclaimed European comics master Enrico Marini makes his American comics debut with an original, two-part graphic novel starring the Dark Knight! What secret connection do both Batman and The Joker share with a strange and mysterious young girl? After she’s kidnapped by The Joker, Batman must plunge deep into the underworld of Gotham City and race against time to find out where she’s being held. The stakes are high, and for Batman, it’s personal!"

>Book one of Batman: The Dark Prince Charming will be in stores on November 1, 2017. Look for book two coming in spring 2018!

I'm torn.
I like the idea because its a European creator that I have not ever read or even heard of, which could be really really interesting....

BUT.... it's a god damn Joker story...

I hope its amazing, though the name is odd and doesn't lend itself to marketing.

At least DC is doing interesting stuff when they can, win or lose its not like this effects canon Batman stuff anyways.

>Dark
Suggestive of evil

>Prince Charming
Gets the girl.

Given that it's a Joker story; does this mean that Batman is finally going to rape the Joker?

>implying he hasn't already

>more batman and joker

Next

This sounds great. The genre has been shit since the effects of the British invasion have started drying up. I hope this makes way for some European creators.

>Offers a New Vision of Gotham
>description mentions nothing about Gotham
>or what makes this elseworld different from main world
>or anything outside Batman rescues girl from Joker

Bitch, you will take your Batman and Joker, and you will propel it to #1 on the sales chart like the Batman whore you are.

But I want for Aquaman, Flash, and Teen Titans to finally get some good OGNs and minis instead of just runs ;_;

Yes

>that finds Batman once again facing off against the Joker.
Dropped.
>Only this time, the stakes are personal…
OH PERSONAL NOW, IS IT?

Nothing Personnel, kid.

Most OGNs seem like passion projects, and nobody is passionate for anyone but Batman and Superman.

It looks fucking gorgeous but sounds dull.

>That pic

Can't find it on gurgle, yandex, etc. Spoonfeed me pls.

I think it's great that DC is getting back into the else-worlds game, but they gotta give the Joker a break. Sure, it could be great, the Sean Murphy one could too, but using the Joker as the main draw-in just doesn't work. I'll read it, but not because ''wow'' it has Joker in it. I just like different takes on Batman.

The art kinda reminds me of JJFrenchie.

>always fucking batman getting spin-off novels
Can we get something else for a fucking change? Maybe something about the Flash or Aquaman, Hell, I'd love to read more about Animalman. Stop pandering to casuals DC.

>DC is going to stop pandering to the people they want to read their comics

>Stop pandering to the majority, even though comics are already a dying source of media

Shut the fuck up, you baby.

There are writers who care about other characters a lot, but if higher ups don't tihnk it'll sell, they won't let them do it.

Like Snyder wants to write Hawkman but he has to write an event about Batman to do it.

>a "group of three" story
>not batman-joker-harley quinn
You just want to leave all that money on the table?

I know and I'll be happy for it!

Bullshit, writers, especially people that doesn't work with capeshit want to tell batman and superman stories.

Batman hasn't had an event since fucking War Games

snyder is literally about to write a batman event user

Yes, and the last one was over a decade ago. Crying over a batman crossover is retarded.

There hasn't been a Batman centric event ever? At least not since the whole event craze started. Infinite Crisis was Superman event, Final Crisis too. Blackest Night and Brightest Day were GL centric, Flashpoint was about Flash and Forever Evil was about Luthor. But keep crying bitch nigga, Metal will be the best selling event for DC since Infinite Crisis and Blackest Night, it'll probably exceed that too.

jeezus do they even know of the existence of rail guards

Why the fuck are people complaining about this? When was the last time Batman had a mini? I just remember two since flashpoint and it was years back. While superman had the same, and is going to get a sequel for American alien.

>yandex
Fuck off to sosach and never come back, russky.