Ducktales Reboot Part 1 Preview

>youtube.com/watch?v=sY5VlKZ5hGE

I've gotten used to Tennant as Scrooge already after this.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=p7O22GuSc58
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Scrooge being a carefree uncle

I don't know what the fuck this I just watched, but I really liked it.

Beakley's still cute.

Scrooge's reaction at the end can be summed up with this quote;

"Your happiness ends at my convenience"- Early Cuyler

Meh

Beakly was alright but i preferred if she was a mute.

>Tell that to my men you captured in Peking!
>Peking duck

Were her men eaten?

I agree, I really like how he inspected the dart gun.
Not only that he did, but how he brought the sights up to look down them.

Will we get all three?

We've known she has a VA since long before we knew what she looked like.

we know for sure that Gladstone is going to appear, as for Fethry, I have no idea

why is donald the only duck that talks like his mouth is full of grapes

It's a mystery for the ages.

The boys sound way to gold. Even Webby sounds way to old. Scrooges voice is just kinda wonky, and it's lost it's charm.

I hate the animation style as well.

Only one that sounded good was Donald.

I already hate the girl.

>it's still better than TTG!
Bitch, even TTG kept the original voice actors.

Went was literally perfect as is.

decades of repressed rage

New Webby is awesome, and I love Ms.Beakly's new accent..

can't wait for the reboot.

>Panda as Louie
I kinda like it

He's always angry. There's a mickey short where they take away all his anger and he sounds different.

Maybe a Navy wound that messed up his throat.

Are you kidding me? She's perfect, I hate the three kid ducks though, they seem like little sissies now.

I dont like it. Scrooge would have at least asked the kids to fight outside. He;s too carefree. he needs more of a gruff edge to him.

I'm fine with it but she's going to be the new scrappy at this point when the boys are fucking pansies

I kinda like Scrooge's voice. The kids do sound old though.

The kids sound too fucking old and act like fucking pussies

I love Webby though, she gives off a lolidom vibe

I'm pretty sure at the point this short takes place Scooge has just become complacent and needs to get back into the swing of adventuring to be himself

Too bad there will be no art.

>Sound too old

Why does everyone always say this for cartoons? Like its surprising

Sure there will

Birds are notoriously unpopular even among the furry/scalie communities.

She's the annoying tomboy who's better at everything but also is just so quirky. This is the most annoying cliche and I'm sick of it.

I need to hear this.

Which one?

Ms. Beakley best new waifu no furfag

Should have had red bird successfully shoot her after she shot the other two birds. Would have been more balanced and shown that she's like one of the boys. Having her easily take down all of them reeks of girl-power try-hard mode.

Doesn't have to happen anytime in the first or even second season but I better get Magica eventually.

This guy gets it.

There will be art. Unless you mean sexy art. In which case well I fucking hope not.

He's always had a speech impediment since he was born.

Possibility: The boys haven't accompanied Scrooge on any adventures yet, and while Webby hasn't either, she's prepared herself for the eventuality. They'll be more evenly matched once the boys started getting into the adventurer's lifestyle.

difference between teen titans and duck tales
is that when titans ended went to ttg it was about a 5 year difference

duck tales old to new is almost 30 years and some of the VAs have passed away since then

Should be this one. youtube.com/watch?v=p7O22GuSc58

Considering how much this is pulling from the comics, I wouldn't be surprised.

Personally, I'm curious if they're going to use any of the negative parts of Scrooge's backstory. Like all the horrible things he did to get rich.

No way they'll skip her. Her entire motivation is getting Scrooge's lucky first dime. It's one of the most powerful magic items in the world.

When I was a kid, I never understood why Magica wanted the Number One Dime. It took me a while to figure out that the dime only has any value as a magical ingredient because it was the first coin owned by the richest individual on earth. So if say Glomgold became richer than Scrooge or if Scrooge lost his money, the dime would become worthless in magic spells. It's like old ingredients for witches' spells like "a virgin's first blood" or crap where the ingredient is situational and only context makes it work as a magic ingredient.

Thanks!

It bugs me we didn't see her in the opening.

I expect they want to keep her secret, until her big reveal. I expect they'll make her the type of villain who doesn't show up often, but when they do, you know shit's about to get real.

It makes sense if she is a big reveal for an arc, so kind of a "secret" right now.

>Having her easily take down all of them reeks of girl-power try-hard mode.
I disagree. The boys were just having fun running around shooting foam darts at each other, while Webby was taking the game much more seriously by using heat vision goggles and ambushing them from above. It was a good way to establish how their mentalities differ.

I suppose the real test will be Donald. She idolizes Donald and views him as a superhero. If she ends up saving the day more than Donald, I'm calling bullshit and you better not defend it.

Pretty sure her character arc will be her learning you can't do everything by yourself.

It's played up for comedy. It's basic escalation of a situation. The boys are playing nerf, and Wendy takes it to another level. I'd normally agree with you on the "girl is better than everyone" trope, but there are two key differences here.

1. Wendy's also shown to be a intense, over-imaginative nerd. If she had Lisa Simpson's personality, she'd cross her arms and roll her eyes at the immaturity of the boys. Going a few more specific steps with Wendy side-steps the trope because it quickly shows why she's better than them at the game (she takes it more "seriously").

2. It's quickly shown that Scrooge could take all of them down pretty easily due to his experience, which matters the most.

Plus, they've shown in clips that Huey caught a bigfoot through traps, so it's not like they themselves are cowardly or dumb.

Got a shrapnel down his throat in 'Nam.

Gladstone is confirmed, is being played by Paul F. Thompkins, who ought to kill it.

Some say there are still teeth embedded in his chest that belong to his exploded comrades.

>Mr. peanutbutter is going to be gladstone
neat

>tfw you want a Vietnam comic that has Donald ripping out the throats of Charlie with his goddamn teeth.

Ducks don't have teeth though.

Hey, he MADE IT SQUARE.

Fuck you

>Scrooge's lucky first dime
>lucky

>"I made my fortune and I made it square"

He's literally saying he built a square money bin but relying on ambiguity so people will interpret it to mean something better.

but they have corkscrew penises

>Personally, I'm curious if they're going to use any of the negative parts of Scrooge's backstory. Like all the horrible things he did to get rich.
well there's only two major incidents of that sort, at least in the Rosa timeline; Scrooge driving a tribe off their land, and him causing his family to abandon them, and I have doubts either incident will appear in this universe, especially as the former is a touch to un-PC to use in a children's cartoon

I'm betting they're going to want to amp her up to the kind of threat she was back in the 8-bit game(and it's remake)

Well, he didn't have teeth until that squad of Charlies tried to ambush him.

Now he has more teeth than he know what to do with.

I can't believe they managed to sneak in an upskirt shot.

I see Webby has the LARPer gene. Fifty bucks says she's obsessed with vampires.

The skirt is largely pointless, even in the intro. It's symbolic.

I have no idea what point you're trying to make. The number one dime is a magic item that grants incredible luck on whoever holds it. That's always been her motivation for coming after Scrooge.

Nigga, you best be trolling.

>Rosafags
groan

This is a universe where no male of her species bothers wearing pants.

Don't forget Character Actress Margo Martindale as Ma Beagle.

I don't get it. These voices aren't a good fit.

I can't be the only person who thinks David Tennant's voice is way too high, and the nephews are way too low.

They can, though. They still have the genes for producing rudimentary teeth, they're just dormant.

>calarts: the animation

It's Webby, not Wendy.

Christ.

Is that Panda Louie?

Theres the one story where she goes bsck in time and steals it from the guy who gave it to scrooge only to have to give it back when she realizes if she takes it then it wont be his first dome anymore

>Webby going Nam crazy

HDL are Barks-canonically the heirs to Scrooge's fortune; he needs them to be battle-hardened

Baths are a sign of weakness and effeminacy which is why Donald gets only scorn

Americans don't care about your weird Euro fanfic characters

I have that issue! It is really good and fun, at the end Scrooge is telling the tale of the coin to his nephews and ends with "I really wish I could say thanks to the person that give me this coin" followed by Magicia that is watching through her crystal ball after the time travel shenanigan replying a very upset "you are welcome"

Scrooge seems like a real family guy. Never watched the cartoon, only read the comics. Was this the tone of the show? I remember him being more boss-like in the comics.

All this.

That was my take too

Watch as new writers who comes in mid-series fucks it up

Donald and Scrooge had that fallout in the cartoon, so something similar might appear.

Tennant is fucking amazing as Scrooge
"Ha ha, a tomb!" got a chuckle out of me since he sounds so carefree and whimzy and then of course
>"HOUSE MEETING. NAOW"
He sounded so genuinely pissed off, I laughed pretty hard. It's been a while since I've heard voice acting where someone actually sounds like they're gonna slit someone's throat

Will this series pander to my desire to have sex with birds?

You better don't have sex with a 99 years old bird, user

The character doesn't make a lot of sense if he's just got a lucky charm.

how long until they replace the voice actors?

I can't be stopped!

I want to find the actors for the Nephews and confiscate their voice boxes. then i want to find the member of the creative team who thought them not having duck voices was acceptable and confiscate their brain.

I want to like the show, I love how it looks, I like tennant as scrooge but I cannot get past the nephews voices

for this, better if you start to read italian Disney comics.