Angela

which version is better - Spawn Angela or Marvel Angela?

The character has always been shit

What a weird fucking choice for Marvel to made. What the hell did they ever get out of adding Angela to their lineup? She lasted maybe a couple years and then never showed up again. What a fucking waste.

She's better off as an Angel than the shitty sister of Thor.

She should be teaming up with Ghost Rider

You're joking, right

She was better off in the spawnverse but honestly she has and always will be one dimensional because people writing her are shit. You can say how great Gaimen is but she was so one note in spawnverse that she was basically hot angel hunter bitch that rebelled. That's her entire character in one sentence

They got Gaiman out of the deal apparently. He had just won ownership of the character or something from Macfarlane, and he said he'd write for Marvel if they used her.
I think they put him on finishing Miracle Man.

She hasn't been seen since Vote Loki.

It was more for marvelman which they mucked up.

>What the hell did they ever get out of adding Angela to their lineup?
It was a chance to piss off Todd.

See as glad as I am to see Mr Gainman get what he deserves, out of all his creations I can't imagine ANGELA being one that he really has an especially great deal of fondness for

Thor ruins everything.

I wish the Maker would kill all the Asgardians and realms like he did in his universe. 616 is better off without them.

Gaiman and McFarlane had a dispute over the ownership of Angela, Medieval Spawn, and a few other Gaiman OCs for Spawn. Miracleman, Alan Moore, and later Marvel were mixed in.

Probably just wanted to stick it to Macfarlane.
Or maybe there was a court stipulation that she be used. I dunno.

Spawn, OP. She's shit in both, but at least in Spawn she wasn't Thor's fucking sister, and had Thor's entire mythos restructured to justify her existence.

He didn't. He did it just to stick it to MacFarlane.

>Probably just wanted to stick it to Macfarlane.
The way she was mishandled makes this the most likely theory. By the end they completely ruined her, they made a game of shitting all over her. It was probably the most fun editorial has had in years

Marvel ADDING a scantily clad female to their comics instead of covering her in clothes and making her hair short?

fuck you faggots, MAKE MINE MARVEL

Because of the legalese around the character they were probably forced to keep her 'look' and not redesign her.

That says nothing about marvel. If it was up to marvel, they'd all be women and minorities, practicing islam and being social justice advocates.

You apparently didn't see the costume change they implemented like four months later

Marvel did redesign her though eventually

So you're saying they did exactly what I said they would want to do.

See. First thing they did is cover her head to toe. She existed as murderous cheesecake for decades and within a few years they completely cover her? Ha.

>a few years
Can you just go fight your gender wars somewhere else? How did you find Sup Forums? Why do you need to be here if you don't read comics? I'm pretty sure there are subreddits for these things.

>Implying I would ever read this shit

I wouldn't even fucking wiki it to give them clicks and has nothing to do with gender wars you lilly pink faggot.

All to do with their agenda pushing nonsense. Which proves my fucking point and I didn't even know they changed her.

spawn

>What the hell did they ever get out of adding Angela to their lineup?

It was a side result of a deal Marvel brokererd with Gaiman. Gaiman supported Marvel in their legal battle with Todd McFarlane over the rights to Marvel("Miracle)Man and they signed a deal that Gaiman would finish his Marvelman run for them, and also Marvel would get Angela as a bonus. She wasn't something they campaigned for, Neil just wanted the character to have a home somewhere and Marvel complied.

>I don't know anything about what we're talking about and I'm proud of it!

Sure is summer in here

She was in the GOTG cartoon, so ... immortalized.

The legal battle was actually between Gaiman and McFarlane. It was over a number of issues - unpaid royalties, broken agreements - but ownership of Angela and Marvelman was part of it.

Gaiman had created Angela for an issue of Spawn that he wrote, and McFarlane subsequently suggested swapping the rights to her as a character for the rights to Miracleman (which McFarlane claimed to have acquired). When the deal fell apart it ended up in court (with other issues such as unpaid royalties thrown in).

During the court case it emerged that McFarlane didn't own Miracleman - he never actually had, though he may have genuinely believed he did at some point. Consequently he had no rights to trade, so the Judge ruled that Angela belonged to Gaiman.

Gaiman had already developed a good relationship with Marvel - he'd written two miniseries for them to build up funds for his legal battle - and he asked them if they'd be interested in buying the character. Marvel had themselves put a lot of time and money into getting the Miracleman rights - and they wanted Gaiman to finish the story he'd started writing back in the 1990s - so they went along with it. From their point of view acquiring Angela was an unexpected bonus.

Spawn version by far.

>I'm utterly clueless about your hobby and industry, but I want it to change to suit my tastes!

Are you sure you're not an SJW?

GOTG cartoon Angela > 616 Angela

I think it's kind of sad because even though Gaiman came up with the concept of her McFarlane's design was the reason why she was a success, I wish she could have stayed in Spawn.

left