Wow, the staff are really driving home the point that Jackie is a plot device and a stand in for the "wrong choice "...

Wow, the staff are really driving home the point that Jackie is a plot device and a stand in for the "wrong choice ", aren't they?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kali#Slayer_of_Raktabija
strawpoll.me/13448027
mega.nz/#!H1xkTIaD!c5JVGnJFKXE7vKJryX8xISdqoeotV0By2OM2mwm-alM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

No idea what you're talking about.

>the fucking hair
>moon's crush that wasn't river

Pretty sure the term is suiter

Moon didn't seem into him at all

If only he'd had a streak of green in the hair. Just to twist the knife

That'd be too obvious
>As if it wasn't already

Wait, so Moon was like Marco, not Star? I'm surprised they hadn't a bond episode yet.

That was Knuckles right?

Mildrew was more of an orbiter than a crush

Actually in the same episode she says that she doesn't know which boy she likes

The term is suitor actually.

Finally. Been waiting for someone to make a Star vs. thread. Didn't wanna make it myself.

So ignoring OP since the bait is pretty obvious (You can still love Jackie and wish more for her even with this point being made). what y'all think of the battle for mewnie?

I thought they did a good job keeping up the suspense. I legitimately didn't know WHAT was going to happen. I wish they had maybe made ONE more episode though since the ending seemed kind of squished in there a little bit but they really made a good point of showing just why Toffee was so terrifying (I didn't really see him as a massive threat until this season). I'm a pussy and cried when Toffee crushed the star half on his hand. Obviously Star wasn't dead but seeing Moon's reaction was heart breaking, especially knowing how she lost her mother.

But I guess now Eclipsa is going to be the new villain of the season.

Do you guys think Toffee is REALLY dead? There's still tons of goop of him left even if he didn't reform or respond. Who's to say he doesn't have a backup plan for that too?
Marco punched right through a solid mass of lizard also, how strong is he? Jesus.
Young River is adorable.
Return of buggy butterfly Star was great.
Is Glossyrick still stuck in the weird toffee void place or did Star escape with him? What about the book?

I have so many questions, when's the next episode?

Please excuse my autism i just finished watching it and i'm still kinda pumped because I enjoyed it a lot. Little too much Ludo (I really don't find him enjoyable to watch even though I do feel kinda bad for him) but still loved it.

I think that's another theme to the show, how people can be total opposites but end up balancing one another out and bringing out the best in eachother. Star is more like her dad, most definitely, so it makes sense she'd fall for someone who balances her out the way Moon did with River.

>Is Glossyrick still stuck in the weird toffee void place or did Star escape with him? What about the book?
Hero's Journey involves losing your mentor (i.e. crutch).

I agree but that void space seems like a shitty fate for him. I hope rather he escaped and just plain dipped until Star really doesn't need him anymore

Belly of the whale when?

Starcofags are weird.

Thing is, Glossaryck is still in the opening (no, not the part with Toffee, the part at the dinner table with Moon and River)

Glossaryck is just a spirit animal now that Star can call on to for help when the chips are down.

>Starco fags grasping at straws...

So what exactly is Glossaryck's endgame?

He has no endgame.

To be the true Queen of Mewnie.

Now that it's over, I can only want more.

Well, that guy has a striking resemblance to Jackie, desu.

Take them off

So was Toffee's plan to release Eclipsa all along?
Toffee did say that he knew how it would end and left himself open to be destroyed, didn't even fight back

>Jarco fags so paranoid about their own inevitable downfall they see it everywhere

I think Toffee is still alive. If he died Eclipsa would have been freed immediately but there was only one crack in her prison.

My guess is that he makes a comeback and is the villain for the first half of the new season, gets killed off permanently and Eclipsa becomes the main villain for the rest of the series.

Obviously to mentor the daughter of starco into a new Queen of Mewnie

To me it's been pretty obvious since "Raid the Cave"
>"I need you!"
>"Maybe THIS is what you need."

Glossarcyk is orchestrating all of this bullshit because Star has incredible potential and needs to go through hell to achieve it. He's not all-knowing or all-powerful, but he made up the rules for this game and he can see more of the board than anyone.
He baited Toffee into getting rid of him by hinting to Ludo about his wand/hand, because he wanted Toffee to be absolutely sure in his victory so he'd never see Star's ascension coming.
He baited Star into learning to Dip Down by exploiting her secret feelings for Marco.
Even all those years ago he baited Moon into making a deal with Eclipsa instead of finding an obvious solution for Toffee like just having Rhombulus freeze him, by "coincidentally" flipping the book open to her chapter while insisting he was too upset to give proper advice.
What role does Eclipsa possibly play in all of this, even long before Star was born? Fuck if I know but Glossaryck might have been putting this shit in motion for centuries.

I love it when she bites her lip.

Pudding.

>by "coincidentally" flipping the book open to her chapter
Glad I'm not the only who thought this was too convenient.

>dat thirst

>This is canon

I think as much of a chess player as he is, Glossaryck may have some limitations. Or at least is capable of seeing more than one outcome for a timeline. He did seem genuinely relieved that Star wasn't affected by Eclipsa's chapter.

Right, people act like he's capital-G God but he's clearly not all-powerful or all-knowing (even if Rhombulus thinks he is).
He's just been around for longer than anyone, and spent that time as head of a council that governs magic across all time and space (led by beings of his own creation) and training/mentoring an entire bloodline of Butterfly Queens who have the magical potency to perform spells that affect the entire universe.

He's not the Game Master, he's just an expert player in a perfect position.

Star wasn't driven mad because a queen with a monstrous partner gets to use him as a sort of lightening rod.

Stick to one thread ya cucks, this is why your threads gets insta deleted.

am I the only one bothered by the number of limbs? If she is a butterfly why does she have 8 limbs like spiders?

Chill out, jannie. A movie just released, it's good enough to have a few threads without going crazy.

If Spider-Man can have half the board for a month around its movie we can have two threads the morning after ours.

10 limbs including the wings.

She's got a lot of love to share with everyone.

The only thing I don't really get with this design is the heart and ribbons on her chest.

important reminder

Star likes hearts, ribbons and horns so her magic made 'em for her.

DELET THIS IMMEDIATELY

okay, sorry

Daron Nefcy loves sailor moon

I was comparing her to a butterfly, and butterfly have 6 limbs except the wings, like all insects.

Only arachnids like spiders and scorpions have 8 legs

Not on Mewni.

actually I changed my mind
people deserve to see this

Actually a pretty good drawing. I like how Star leans her head to her right.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kali#Slayer_of_Raktabija

Star is the old goddess Kali.

The wand represents the dualism of Avenging Kali and Preserving Shakti.

Toffee is the Demon Raktabija.

REEEEEEEEEEEE

still a pair of arms more than needed

Heres a strawpoll for ya'll

strawpoll.me/13448027

LOLI MOONS VOICE WAS UNEXPECTEDLY ADORABLE AND THE BEST PART OF EVERYTHING.

Moon crying in front of Eclipsa was the best face she made.

Hopefully toffee stays dead, if only because he doesn't actually do much. I mean the worst thing he ever did on screen was usurp Ludo and hold Marco hostage to convince Star to destroy her wand, and the only other time he did anything impressive was taking out the council. Beyond that, the post Moon-fingering 1 and 2 ended with him just walking off anti-climactically.

Loved all of it except for the ending.

Toffee crushed all of them mentally, and in the last 2 minutes Star just went
>LOL I JuST GOTTA DIP DOWn
>Out of Place Magical Girl Transformation
>OP LASER BLAST

I would've been satisfied with Star still being stuck in the wand, and everybody completely broken for a few more episodes.

>MUH HUSBANDO
Eat shit

I'm a Marcofag, not a Toffeefag. I just found the ending extremely rushed and poorly executed overall.

all of season 2 was about Star learning the importance of dipping down
and the whole thing is a magical girl show, a meguca transformation was in no way out of place. especially since the imagery involved implies star has replaced glossaryk as the fountainhead of magic.

Her cuteness and distress reminds me of Alice Liddel.

Disney went hard on the "kill em" and "died" and "killed" than I expected. Better than I'M GOING TO DESTROY YOU!

Disney has the most strongest balls than any other kids network currently.

I mean was Toffee wearing Moon's mom's skull on his shoulder? That was surprisingly dark.

I thought it was both her parents when the paintings were revealed. Two skulls.

Nope, different cheek marks, Moon's mom had butterflies on her cheeck.

Unfortunately hack writer prefer people getting power ups out of nowhere, rather than people training to get new abilities.

This. Has someone done a count on how many times "kill" or "die" was used?

Felt so weird.

Is it normal to want a kappa manlet with a beard to be my son?

He was just so precious and so determined. Also, did Star know he'd be okay when she used the spell on his wand arm? Did she know she'd be okay, sort of? That scene was pretty odd.

>Out of Place Magical Girl Transformation
>in a straight up magical girl influenced show
Fuck you that was amazing

Also, it's not so much "Lol I gotta dip down", it's Glossaryck pushing her to do so by being his ambiguous himself

>you mean I wuz.... away from life???

Wasn't it already pretty obvious that Star has more in common with her dad than her mom?

My takeaway is that Moon and River are both really terrible at their jobs, and for the sake of the kingdom they need to step down as soon as possible for Star and Marco to take over.

I legitimately got the feeling that ludo would die with the wand, and star knew she was about to sacrifice him. With how pitiable he was painted even before then, it would have been a pretty tragic scene.
>"do I get to go back to being king?"
>"...yeah"

>The only thing I don't really get with this design is the heart and ribbons on her chest.
Obvious Sailor Moon reference is obvious.

>I was comparing her to a butterfly, and butterfly have 6 limbs except the wings, like all insects.
On Earth they do. But how many limbs do Mewni butterflies have?

How is a magical girl transformation out of place in a magical girl show?

No, Star legitimately thought she was about to kill Ludo. And had zero problems with it.

Sacrifices, man, she was okay on using it on herself.

Is the new ending theme SUPPOSED to be a magical girl anime ending song??

The way they sang the word Star at the end sounded so fucking weeb

Yes

I like how Star just casually smiles while she's blasting the ever loving fuck out of the lizard.
A shame really, he was one of my favorite

I can't find this shit anywhere. ANYWHERE. Where are you guys finding the movie other than TV?

Toffee isn't dead is he? He's gonna come back and it turns out he was a servant of Eclipsa? Maybe not that but that was a dumb way to off him so easily, considering how they built up his rejuvenation powers.

Literally all cartoon sites have it; WCO, toonova, kisscartoon all of them. I know cuz I had to switch to several of them because of my shitty internet.

the contract between Moon and Eclipsa was fulfilled, that's why she rushed back to the crystal jail to check if Eclipsa has been released or not.
Spoiler:it cracked

I can't use either because they keep giving consistent pop ups, and I have adblock. I'm lost and have no idea what to do because I don't have Disney XD and the Google Drive link has "exceeded it's number of playbacks. Plus Mega doesn't even work on my device.

mega.nz/#!H1xkTIaD!c5JVGnJFKXE7vKJryX8xISdqoeotV0By2OM2mwm-alM

I've been getting a serious homestuck vibe from these last few episodes. :/

>mega.nz/#!H1xkTIaD!c5JVGnJFKXE7vKJryX8xISdqoeotV0By2OM2mwm-alM

>derpyhooves

careful, it's hard to tell what will attract The Beast

Can't use MEGA, you got anything else?

Mentioning it and the site name, perhaps, user?

are you saying star got tiger?

I'm also surprised that they let them get away with Tom, Hell, 667 and all othe other demonic imagery.