Which one will win the Oscar?

Which one will win the Oscar?

Other urls found in this thread:

cartoonbrew.com/feature-film/chinese-embarrassment-government-forces-annecy-remove-nice-day-competition-151407.html
cartoonbrew.com/award-season-focus/proof-that-oscar-voters-are-clueless-about-animation-109456.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

We know they're going to nominate two foreign ones that have zero chance of winning just for "muh diversity." The rest is pretty much a toss-up, but Pixar will win.

I don't see The Breadwinner on there.

The one made by Disney.

Cars 3 wins Oscar confirmed.

Read the image

Definitely not Barney, that's for sure

I'd like to see this one nom'ed just to piss off China:

cartoonbrew.com/feature-film/chinese-embarrassment-government-forces-annecy-remove-nice-day-competition-151407.html

Cars>Coco>minons>bannable = Lego Batman>boss baby >fernado

>Thinking Cars 3 will win the Oscar
Um, did we forget Coco? I'm not personally interested in it, but that seems more like the one the Academy would like/think should get it.

everything else > Barney
objective ranking

this

>10/16 of the best animated feature are disney or pixar
Its probably going go be coco. I know mlp winning would be next to impossible regardless of actual quality, but I still want to believe, just for the glorious shitshow.

Emoji Movie

Ponies

just to watch Sup Forums burn

Lego Batman was great, but we all know fucking Disney will get its usual handout.

Coco, any other opinion is wishful thinking

I feel like it would be a huge deal if mlp won, being the first 2D animated movie to win the oscar in 15 years, which could bring back 2D animation in theaters. Its not happening though. It'll be written off as "lol girl movee" and pixar will win again.

I don't see a pony image dude

If Your Name only got shown in America this year, shouldn't it be in the running with the others?

How would the academy pick the winner of the best animated feature if no disney or pixar movies came out one year?

Did something happen with Barney or something cuz I keep seeing shit about the fanbase or something

It was submitted last year and got snubbed.

The last non-Disney/Pixar movie to win was Rango 5 years ago.

Whichever one is made by Disney.

Lego Batman, it was specially crafted to please normalfags who don't read comics

Either a Disney or Pixar movie, like every year.

>We know they're going to nominate two foreign ones that have zero chance of winning just for "muh diversity."
That's not even a guarantee this year since the Oscars changed the nomination process. Before it was voted on by a select committee of people who actually knew shit about animation but they changed it so it's just everybody. So it will probably just be nothing but the five highest grossest movies of the year.

Coco

It doesn't matter how good it is. Coco will win. It's going to be another "Brave" situation.

The one by Pixar with "muh latino diversity"

So what would make Sup Forums burn more the EMoji movie winning or MLP

I personally WANT MLP but I know it has fucking chance cause bias is rampant in the oscars ironically. The thing that is SUPPOSED to be nonbias as possible.

Who knows? Maybe that'd work in favor of non-mainstream animation. After all, shit nobody cares for like Spotlight and Moonlight get nominated AND win all the time.

I honestly can't see Coco winning unless it's unexpectedly amazing. I can't see anything else winning either even though Lego Batman and Captain Underpants were good. Maybe this is the year the foreign film wins

That Mexican Pixar thing. This is the "let's give Disney an award" award.

I'd like to remind you that fucking brave won one year.

ohh... right, I forgot about that. I guess I underestimate the stranglehold Disney/Pixar has on the award shows

Worst case scenario another Happy Feet wins.

No it won't. Oscar Committe have a ridiculous amount of contempt for animation.

One even said "why do we nominate all this chinese crap?"

i geniunely hope that faggot gets cancer, not one just ALL of them at once.

Better yet, just off the entire commitee. Tell em all their taste in films are shit right as they die too

Do you know one of em ALSO just ploped they're kid in their and didnt even WATCH any of the fucking films?

I will

We have to find alternative animation that can beat Disney and promote the hell out of them, getting awards in festivals and praise from critics. The Academy will have no choice but to watch those movies and vote accordingly, or further lose credibility.

well the only thing that stands a chance of beating anything disney is the ponies

and trying to get Sup Forums on board to promote that is like asking an autistic person to stop being autistic

the only other alternative i can see is Leap

>thinking the academy wouldn't automatically brush off MLP as a toy commercial for little girls regardless of actual quality

Get out of the kindergarten user

It's not a girl movie user
It's a toddlers movie

Leap and Rockdog are Hollywood? I thought they were foreign?

the fact that fucking ROCKDOG...is in the running AT ALL...is fucking sad.

Most of the academy are actors that don't like movies where they can't see a live action face emoting on the screen, think that saying lines into a mike is the easiest gig in the world, and have no respect for artists that draw shit or do anything that isn't directly related to acting or directing. And that's not even addressing the whole "cartoons r 4 kidz!" thing.

I think that might actually have been the same one. I know there were several that said "i didn't even watch the movies lol but my kid liked this one" but I really do think "chinese fucking shit" and "i left my kid while I made phonecalls" mighta been the same guy.

The one where the boy falls in love with a girl and is unable to confess but multidimensional cellphones

If Funimation plays its cards right, they can get In This Corner of the World nominated next year.

They're not going to lose credibility. Normies eat their shit up and also don't care fuck all about animation.

It's not a subject I can fully understand or appreciate, but I also feel really bad for the technical categories like soundmixing and stuff where I'm pretty sure a lot of the academy also doesn't know shit about the topic and abuses their power to vote by just picking the movie they like best for totally unrelated reasons or were bribed the most to vote for instead of considering the actual category at hand.

I remember one guy admitted he hadn't even watched any of the submissions for the foreign category but still voted for one that had a poster he liked that he'd passed every day on the way to work, and that was literally the only thing he knew about any of the nominations.

Leap?

Keit-ai or something

Coco or Ferdinand. Also still fucking wild to me that Disney isn't doing Ferdinand.

I know who I'm rooting for at least. Doesn't matter how much of a chance it stands, it's a good excuse to talk about the studio anyway.

The academy just needs to purge every current member they have there and replace them with new blood that know shit in their respective categories.

Don't you remember the whole envelope fiasco this year?

Samurai Jack

You could pinpoint the exact moment when the hearts of those guys that worked on La-la Land broke into tiny little pieces.

Boss Baby
Why?
Because it had the biggest marketing budget despite being a total unfunny failure.

Oscars are just an extension of the marketing department. The simpsons made fun of this back in the 90's.

I really hope he gets a fork drilled into his urethra.

a dull fork, one with ragged edges with salt glued onto it.

That won't help much because the entire academy still votes as a whole instead of keeping the category voters separate. So if like 10% of the academy is actually involved in, say, animation, 90% of the ultimate voters will still give no fucks about and have no understanding of it.

It's also important to note that most of the voters in the animation category itself will still be employed by Disney and other big name studios in some capacity, so even among them there's a skewed bias. There's gonna be virtually no representatives of indy or foreign studios simply because the event takes place in Hollywood and therefore everybody is pretty much either a Hollywood resident or wealthy enough to fly in for it.

>implying that wasnt staged as fuck

Boss Baby is the thinking man's animated movie

Has anyone seen this? Does it have a chance?

Haven't even heard of it before now. Care to tell me about it?

>shit nobody cares for like Spotlight and Moonlight get nominated AND win all the time
As opposed to Transformers?
t. illiterate pleb

Saw it at Florida Film Festival. Fun visuals. Humor is light, but enjoyable. Characters are likable. Liked the stories in some of Dash Shaw's comics more. Ending scene is odd, feels unnecessary.

Very much follows the indie/mumblecore aesthetic. Doesn't stand a rat's chance with mainstream awards. GKids will be promoting Breadwinner a lot more. My Entire High School is basically the studio's Phantom Boy to last year's My Life as a Zucchini, if that makes sense.

So Sup Forums as impossible and retarded it is in terms of its likeilhood of winning, how would you react if The Emoji Movie won AND it was as bad as you think it will be?

Whatever Disney Film they like the most but keep in mind that the Academy doesn't really care about animation
cartoonbrew.com/award-season-focus/proof-that-oscar-voters-are-clueless-about-animation-109456.html

Personally I want MLP to win just so the world can burn.

Cars 3 would actually have a shot if there had never been a Cars 2. It's a really good movie, but people are ignoring it because of its predecessor.

>Personally I want MLP to win just so the world can burn.
Just getting a nom would do that. I'm still butthurt the PPG movie didn't get nominated, so I'd consider this revenge.

Okay so I honestly think the only movies that have any REAL shot are Despicable Me 3 cause MINIONS FUNNY

LEGO BATMAN cause LEGO

and Boss Baby cause Babies and big budget

granted I personally think Lego batman was a good film, and while I want MLP, Captain Underpants or Leap to win for multiple reasons I know they dont have a chance in hell cause of the voters being fucking shit faggots and thinking animation as a whole is garbage.

If MLP won Sup Forums would never recover from the butthurt.

>Nominees are my little pony the movie, despicable me 3, nut job 2 and the emoji movie
>the winner is __despicable me three__

Sup Forums and Sup Forumsmrades would be fine. The mods might have to work themselves to death trying to make sure nobody discusses the winner for Best Animated Movie on the cartoons board, but frankly they deserve it.

Do you know anything about this category? If Disney's nominated, Disney wins. Fucking Anomalisa lost to Inside Out.

Global Rule 15 is retarded, anyway. You can discuss Pokemon on Sup Forums, Sup Forums, and Sup Forums, in addition to /vp/. I think I've even seen a thread on Sup Forums before.

But like all the Disney Films here SUCK...like REALLY SUCK... I mean well Cooc aint out yet but still You'd lose your credibility completely even in in normies eyes if you voted for the Disney films here

>Nominations
Coco
The Star
Ferdinand
The Breadwinner
The Girl Without Hands

>Winner
Coco

All in all will be pretty lame. I really want Cartoon Saloon to win one of these times, maybe the Breadwinner might have some virtue signalling points.

>Global Rule 15 is retarded
Retarded people need retarded rules.

If people weren't retarded, the Bible wouldn't have to specify "thou shalt not kill."

>Hey Bob, what do you want to do today?
>I was thinking about killing.
>No Bob, no! Remember what the Bible taught us!

I just want the one Sup Forums thread back. If no one will discuss the cartoon on the /mlp/ board, maybe people will talk about the cartoon on the cartoon board. The closest thing you can get to show discussion on /mlp/ is arguing about starlight glimmer, which normally end up being barneyfag-esque shouting matches with image macros and buzzwords.

>Inside Out
Inside Out was a solid 7/10. Not necessarily automatic win material but not egregious given the way it is.

I'm personally most pissy about Song of the Sea losing to fucking Big Hero 6.

I thought it was pretty appalling that Brave won over Wreck It Ralph.

>image macros
I thought those weren't cool anymore. Did they bring them back?
>confound these ponies, they drive me to drink
>haters gonna hate, skaters gonna skate
>that's not how you spell Pinkie Pie
Good times.

GR15 turned everyone into an unbelievably whiny pussy who makes it their mission to prevent anyone from discussing anything they don't like and marks the point that this whole site went down the shitter.

faggot

oh I thought you meant ONLY this year's stuff, yeah I mean Inside Out was pretty good imo.

it was so bad even Brave's own fucking STAFF thought it was bullshit.

>get off this board Oscar voter.

Boss baby, obviously
I actually really liked it

Which one is the most progressive D*sney film?

That one.

No matter who wins, we can all agree Captain Underpants really deserves it right?

Hey guys, how about we get together to get this nigga an Oscar nom or even a win?

Book of Life by Disxar.

I mean Coco, of course.

I remember Frozen creators saying shit about their own movie too, this one won an Oscar as well.
Last year Zootopia won't cause kids love animals. And because it was about "muh racism". I think.

i thought it would be shit from the image but i watched a couple trailers and it looks neat

The Oscars are fucking dignified compared to the Grammies or other such rewards.

Imagine the Oscars but the winners aren't bland oscar bait films that are well produced but artistically sterile, but generic blockbuster crap memed to death by the media.

Basically imagine a world where Captain America Civil War beats Spotlight for Best Picture.