Reminder that Snyder almost ruined Wonder Woman too and people were already defending this

Reminder that Snyder almost ruined Wonder Woman too and people were already defending this

Reminder that op is faggot.

So this bitch abandoned the world after WW1 ,but then the story was dropped and now looks like she kept fighting for humans after WW1, right?

Except nobody heard of her for 100 years so she still abandoned everyone and kept to herself.

How is giving a character depth enough to become disillusioned & broken by humanity horrid nature ruining her?
Your asking for a bright happy fantasy land were the tragedies of the world have zero weight & our lead characters aren't emotionally effected by them at all.

>have zero weight & our lead characters aren't emotionally effected by them at all.

Sounds like a capeshit movie alright.

I'm saying perfect chance for Secret Agent Diana

>How is giving a character depth enough to become disillusioned & broken by humanity horrid nature ruining her?
Because that's literally antithetical to her point. You faggots keep demanding "realism" in a fantasy concept. And because you're such fedora tippers you confuse cynicism and disillusionment with realism and maturity.

This is the brilliant retcon that manages to save Diana from Snyder's bullshit. Have her spend that 100 years as spy Wonder Woman. Marvel gets blown the fuck out because they'd have to compare Black Widow to the biggest name in female capes, and you have a perfect excuse to work in the invisible jet.

nothing matters because she doesn't give a fuck about humans, or she does now? stupid big ass plothole.

Marvel literally cannot lose tho.

but you can't rule out the good things. Also, WW movie did just that: men are evil BUT ALSO GOOD.
Ok, Bruce says just that in BxS. Maybe Snyder used WW as a ladder to show Bruce renewed optimism

no you give her some bullshit where as a spy she's been stopping Kobra or Egg Fu or whatever from destroying the world and no one has ever known bc spy

They can lose battles. The war is another story.

they haven't lost either at any point since the start tho

Nothing they have done has failed so far.

Marvel won the war before it even began.

They did lose getting the first major female cape solo out, because
-Wright fucked off to make other movies when he should've been making Ant Man and introducing Wasp
-Black Widow can't lead her own movie
-Nobody gives a shit about Carol no matter how much they try and force her into being a bigger meme than Milhouse
-All their other famous female characters are tied up in rights issues.
Wonder Woman was WB's win. And it's about time too because they haven't had a good (or even decent IMO) cape movie since The Dark Knight.

you fags will complain about everything

show me one scene in BvS that actually says she gave up on humanity, I'll wait. Just because she was in the shadows and hiding, and had become disillusioned with humanity after WW1, doesnt mean she gave up on them completely. She can be against humanity as a whole (as far as our general direction as a people) and still have helped the good and righteous. You people are autistic.

OP here, I was wrong

Retards are STILL defending this

Right here on my Reddit fanfic!

Do you guys not understand what a character arc is?

They all parallel each other.

Coming from a place of optimism, WW tries to help humanity, sees the good and the bad, but ultimately decides that no matter what she tries she will never have an impact big enough to save humanity from itself. This is pretty reasonable given the fallout of WW1, the death of her first real love, and what she saw.
Coming from a palce of pessimism, Batman tries to help humanity, sees the good and the bad, but ultimately decides that no matter what he tries, he will never have an impact big enough to save humanity from itself. This is pretty reasonable given that, from his perspective, the only real superheroes are him and his adopted children--one of which gets murdered because of his crusade.
Then you have Superman. Coming from a mindset of unwaivering altruism, while keeping in mind that every action has a reaction/consequence. Clark (and then later as Superman) tries to help humanity, seeing both the good and the bad.

Then we get to BvS, a couple of years into Clark's career as Superman. This is where Superman reaches the same point Batman and WW did, the point where they decided that no matter what they try, they will never have an impact big enough to save humanity from itself. They both retired from being superheroes, WW helping from the shadows and Bruce just running his company (persumably in an altruistic way like in the comics).

Bruce comes out of retirment briefly, with the goal of ending Superman before he falls like Batman himself has, and giving Batman a way to actually make lasting impact on the world.

Superman reaches the crisis point that WW and Batman reached and turned away from. But Superman doubles down, he decides to keep being a hero no matter what. This, in turn, inspires in Batman and WW a renewed sense of hope, thus completing all three character arcs.

My only gripe is her tiny boobies
#NotMyWW

Yeah they really didn't because they will make more money than anything before.

And in the meantime? they are still making 1B+ in profit every 6 months

>retired
but Bruce was branding people everywhere all those 18 months

>spiderman underperform while wonder woman get all the money
>WW to be a bigger origin story than any origin movie on MCU
>DCEU avarege box office

WW is a solid victory,MCU just got stomped hard right now

I meant Batman had retired prior to BvS. And he doesnt start branding people until that drug trafficker bit.

Man, these movies sure are shit.

"I will make the hatcher shit intentionally, just for the end of the movie they wi learn how to act like their comic counterparts" hell, it's the same shitty execuses that snydercucks were saying at the end of MOS.

I'm glad that Johns rewrotte the script on set, and retconed snyder's bulshit, it ended up being proof of what a hack him and Goyer are.

Fuck you nigga The highest truth you can learn is that all existence is suffering. Wobder woman was right on the money,
The world is a beatiful place to live in but beauty can't hide the evil that lurks within.

What are you talking about? Have you never read any of the comic stories where they retire/are out of action for whatever reason? Like 52?

And Snyder wrote the story for WW (in fact WB wanted to shut down WW multiple times, but Snyder kept the project alive) and Johns wasnt working on the DCEU until after WW had wrapped. JL is the first movie Johns is working on, and even that had started shooting before Johns was on board.

I'm sorry you are so misiniformed, but I am happy to educate you.

Why do you fatass neckbeards care about company wars?

Thing is the brits were the big bad guys during the 19th century and the start of the 20th. Snyder was really into WW1 and probably wanted to talk about the British Empire, the fuck ups in Ireland, Africa and Asia but WB got scared and didn't want to make the eternal Anglos mad. I hope diana fights in Asia and see how the Americans nuke Japan.

>Your asking for a bright happy fantasy land were the tragedies of the world have zero weight & our lead characters aren't emotionally effected by them at all.

>the only "depth" Snyderfags understand is 2edgy4you shit
These superheros are supposed to contrast the world not conform to it you fucking faggot.

Plus the DC world isn't even supposed to be that dark, Marvel is usually the edgy one.

Because if you have no actual accomplishments, you can always join a team and vicariously take credit for theirs.

>I hope diana fights in Asia and see how the Americans nuke Japan.
We were justified in nuking Japan.

I love how that bit about her sitting out World War 2 was soft retconned in Wonder Woman. Especially now that Wonder Woman 2 is supposed to be another period piece, we're basically about to learn that Diana didn't abandon anything and has been active in the world up to the present day.

Evil still has to exist.

It's supposed to be set in the 1980s involving the commies. So totally ignoring WWII, Korea and, for that matter, Vietnam (to be USA-centric), not to mention the wars in the Middle East, Africa, or any other hot spots prior to the 80s.

>execs are convinced that female cape flicks can't sell
>WW fights and claws its way to existence, makes a cool 700mil

Same way 2 parents in a dark alley with 2 bullets and a gun ruined Bruce Wayne's future as a genuine billionaire playboy.

Since Ares confirmed that only a god can kill another god and Diana is essentially a god, does that mean that only a god can kill Diana? If that is the case, wouldn't getting hit by bullets ultimately wouldn't matter in the end since bullets are not a god.

Just makes it even dumber that she wasn't the one who killed "Doomsday."

Doomsday isn't a god. He is the child born between the gay union of Zod and Lex Luthor.

Exactly, so he couldn't have killed Diana is my point.

God shit tends to get kinda murky when alien shit is involved. That whole having dominion over man tends to blur when you involve those outside of men and the Earth altogether.

Just saying, sounds like she's basically immortal, and at the least she's not vulnerable to kryptonite.

Those scoopers didn't get that they are remaking the TV show
It won't be the 80s, it will be the 70s

Sure and the superheros are supposed to oppose it, not agree with it and give up.

This guy gets it.

Not that difficult really. Kryptonians aren't gods. Oans are't gods. New Gods and Apokoliptians are gods.

Doomsday was a huge counter to her considering half her abilities are energy based and he feeds off of energy.

She could have used the spear.

That guy is you

>sequel will basically just be the Lynda Carter show
I mean, am I the only one who thinks that sounds cool?

Shit, if we really are going full on Secret Agent Diana with this, I say go for it.

Spinning is mandatory though. Go hard or go home.

But WW is pessimistic in 2016 and then finally optimistic in 1914? Her emotions trave though time

>Super powered god being traversing the world, displaying her powers openly
>people "forget" in less than 100 years and are amazed when superman shows up
y tho

Wonder Woman didn't seem that popular. She didn't reveal herself to the government technically, she didn't catch a plane and land it on a ball diamond; all she did was save a small village that gets gassed anyways and blow up an airstrip that was barely populated.

tl;dr: we haven't been shown her "traversing the world showing her powers" on screen, so we can assume it didn't happen.

Isn't she jumping from big ben or some such at the end of the movie?

The fact that the first one was a period piece to begin with infuriates me to no end. I highly doubt another one will calm me down.

That's after BvS, where she made a very public appearance fighting Doomsday already. The secret is out on her, so she doesn't try.

No I'm pretty sure that happened at the end of WW.

Her jumping through the skies of Paris happened at the end of WW, which is after the end of BvS, so her existence is known, is what I'm saying.

>wonder woman
>period piece
I see. I must have missed it being modern day.

Supes isnt an asshole like that.
She was restraining Doonsday. If she had nobody couldve used the spear.

And why would Supes let stranger deal with what is almost his fault.

pe·ri·od piece
ˈpirēəd pēs
noun
noun: period piece; plural noun: period pieces
an object or work that is set in or strongly reminiscent of an earlier historical period.

wow, a tripfag being a dumbass. who'da thunk

>believing that they have the fucking first sentence of the sequel already

She looks like a chipmunk.

How much longer until DC and Marvel give us the JLA vs Avengers? Wonder Woman having a connection to Marvel's Hercules was a fun little thing I always wanted to see explored further.

>the joke
>
>
>
>your head
Wow. An user being a dumbass. Who'da thunk.

>what is almost his fault.
Almost his fault? It was definitely his fault for leaving behind a valuable corpse like that.

She can't fly so she wouldn't be able to build up enough momentum to pierce Doomsday all the way. Jump good just isn't enough.

Its not like he knew they would be able to cut it. Until the kryptonite they werent.
It was just a useless cadaver in the government's handsm

Pretty sure she flew in the Ares fight though, like still hovering.

The war was already over, and everyone in military leadership said it was unnecessary, but okay.

what part of BvS ever said she sat out of WW2 completely?

actually they are gods, or the equivalent there of. Since they are the fifth world.

is it so hard to comperhend someone starting optimistic, losing that optimism, and then regaining it because of someone else's heroic sacrifice?

>is it so hard to comperhend someone starting optimistic, losing that optimism, and then regaining it because of someone else's heroic sacrifice?

Because we need to see that happening, you can't build a character arc out of assumptions.

Half of the BvS defense strategy is making up whatever thematic pottery you can come up with and claiming that anyone wanting any in-movie clarification for your fanfiction is asking to be spoonfed.

....but we do see that happen. The only thing we dont see is Batman's career, but we have been seeing Batman's career in movies and on television for over 50 years now.

>We see Wonder Woman start optimistic and then lose it in WW
>we see her regain it due to a heroic sacrifice in BvS

Are you......... are you retarded?

Everyone in military leadership also thoight the Soviets would be bros after the war.

The meme of the invasion of the mainland would be somehow easy falls apart when they still refused to surrender after Hiroshima and ignores the soviets would have been necessary to help passivate. You do not want the Soviets occupying territory if they were fighting before.

branding is a prison curse much before that

Because you are a loser that cares to reply.

Are you a retard? clearly says she abandoned humanity until supes sacrifice changed her mind.

t. attention span zero

Nobody in his right mind would defend Quitting Woman

Pessimism is her only trait on BvS: yawn of justice

I thought it was Joss Whedon that almost ruined Wonder Woman

The only proof of her (and Amazons) existence in the entire world is an old photo from 100 years ago.

God, dcucks are getting more autistic each day.

Disney is suffering and crying billions user.

The only thing the DCEU has done is WW's armpits. Discuss.

That's because England is still a shithole.

They are the biggest cancer upon the entertainment industry, it's true

Nobody even cares about that shitty plothole barrier disappearing just because?
I means it breaks open or close itself? Surely the ships took note of the coordinates.
ffs

>ares = god
>diana = demi-god

What part of this is difficult to understand?

Literally one dude survived to get off the island and he died a week later.
So of its just Diana then she can stay pretty hidden.

The barrier around the island opens and closes when it needs to get the story going just like in the comics.

They stayed hidden long before boats most likely it redirects them if they get too close.

>Believe killing Ares will fix things
>Realize humans kind of suck, but there are those who will work to make it better
>Kill Ares, WWI ends
>Humans go ahead and create an even worse war 30 yeas later, and then promptly follow it up with the threat of nuclear annihilation for 50 years

Yeah, I'd be a little burned out on humanity if I was Diana too.

2h49m12s in the extended cut.

18 reports within a month.

Dozens of branded criminals = several months