So, Sup Forums, do you prefer the classic costumes or the New 52 costumes?

So, Sup Forums, do you prefer the classic costumes or the New 52 costumes?

I think New 52 would look great in live-action, as the classic costumes with the boxers and spandex are too comic-booky to be adapted. But I think the classic costumes have better color balance. Still, I think pic related looks great.

Pic related looks like shit with all the lines.

I prefer the original but damn that looks great on Reeves.

Trunks now, trunks forever.

I think if they tried classic costumes could look great.
They'd look comic booky but it's a comic book movie.
But I also don't expect them to try.
A lot of normies don't want it so going for more timely generic designs is their best move.

Classic's always gonna be #1 for me, but his current costume is perfect for a modern look.

More like Reeves makes it look great

this

trunks just breaks it up properly

also red belt is forever shit, as is rebirth belt with yellow buckle

FULL YELLOW belt or bust

They need something to balance all the blue. Trunks are perfect for that.

It looks better with the trunks.

New 52 is fucking bullshit, if you like these characters at all then you should like their classic iconic looks. Period.

Yeah but people think trunks look dorky

The lines here would work better as carved lines in a kind of solid fabric.

Other than that i like how this pic highlights how regal the suit looks. I like it.

Even bought a figure of him.

So...Superman with a black shield, and Batman with those super long ears and a gun? Gotcha.

Hate it, hate everything about it.
The collar doesn't fit his character whatsoever and the lines are a fucking joke.

>The collar doesn't fit his character whatsoever
How so?

High collar's usually show some form of authority. That's why it worked on Nu52 Green Lantern and Aquaman

Except you're wrong. Double-period.

He said "iconic", as in the appearances that people think of when they hear the name, as opposed to how they first appeared. I gotta agree with him.

The New 52 tries fixing what isn't broken. Jim Lee didn't really come up with any new designs, he just made the old ones way busier and "cooler". The Flash and Green Lantern look way better without the New 52 costumes. It's kinda like the "tacticool" redesigns you see people drawing for vidya or comic book characters. It might work in a movie, but not in the comics. Just like the Captain America or Star-Lord costume.

DC trying to push these as the "definitive versions" also prejudiced people to them, by erasing the old ones from history both literally and figuratively.

The problem is everyone has a different idea of what this or that iconic costume should look like, and those costumes evolve over time.

The point was that by wanting things to never change, we'd still have the characters looking how they did when they were first made.

Considering the collar look was authentic Kryptonian ceremonial wear, it's just your Earthling sensibilities getting in the way of you appreciating a foreign culture.
His mother didn't sew this one specifically for him, so of course it won't look all custom and comfy.

I don't get it personally but I guess I'm too close to the source material to judge it like they do

>> Haw haw. He's wearing Dem undies on the outside

Looking like he's wearing long johns or a male ballerina's leotard doesn't look better to me. Maybe there's a godlike designer that can crack the code on making a new look work but nothing they've done since Nu52 has worked like the classic.

When I watch Justice League Action, I feel the same about Batman as well. All that gray needs to be broken up.

>His mother didn't sew this one specifically for him
This is the real reason why the N52 Supes design is awful

Whether or not there can be "too much change" is subject to opinion. Personally, I think the New 52 designs were less of an organic change, and more of an editorial thing in the vein of Marvel's
decisions in the past few years, or the Superman Blue storyline. The collective push for a unified costume aesthetic, with shiny metal and a younger appearance seems kind of boring and in the case of the latter, regressive.

itp; Autism the post.

Yeah. The designs grew on me but I perfectly understand your point.