90s X-Men is ultimately a better show, but X-Men: Evolution is pretty underrated

90s X-Men is ultimately a better show, but X-Men: Evolution is pretty underrated.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/b1qrbAGsEOw
youtu.be/H2LQMElLoLs
youtube.com/watch?v=LzicxJbxWzw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

The 90s show is brought down by its animation, which is horrid.

Evolution Cyke > TAS Cyke
Evolution Jean > TAS Jean

Bump

this show. oh man, what a time to start going through puberty.

True but it's stories are good. A much more compelling battle with Apocalypse then the recent film.

Wait, wait, hold up. There are people out there who unironically enjoyed the 90's X-Men cartoon?

First two seasons are shit, the other two seasons start getting good, then it got canceled midway trough a story arc.
It had potential but it will only be remembered for introducing X-23 and i'm thankful for it

I like Evolution better personality, but I like X-Men TAS too. Worth noting Claremont is not a fan of Evolution.

Evolution X-23 >>>>> any other X-23

Post the lewd Rogue and Kitty shit already

Literally the first X-23
The only X-23 good as her is the live action version

T-O-A-D

It't not under rated at all. Most X-men fans like it, some even like it more than the 90s cartoon. As for me Marvel Cartoons go EMH>90s X-men>WATX>X-men Evolution>F4

sorry, not a Spidey fan

Pretty much. She doesn't even look like logan anymore, despite being his own clone. How does someone fuck such a basic detail like that up?

As I child I enjoyed it but as an older person I realized the writing doesn't hold up and the animation was lousy. Good voices though.

They're just dancing.

It's crap

hows everyone feel about wolverine and the x-men

Other than fuck The Mouse for cancelling it after one season? I enjoyed it.

Nostalgia is a powerful thing. Don't underestimate it.

It had the best version of Toad

90's Rogue > Evolution Rogue >>>>>>>>>>> Every other Rogue.

Why did X-23 get canonized but Spike didnt?

youtu.be/b1qrbAGsEOw

where does this fit?

does anyone know why it was a one and done? it even had the arcade game based on it

I heard it was just them throwing the budget of another show at this instead of that.

I think Pryde was also meant to be a pilot for a show that never got picked up. As for where it fits, I think its pretty much its own thing regardless of the arcade game.

It's the most faithful of all x-men cartoons with how convoluted it is.

>90s X-Men is ultimately a better show
no

youtu.be/H2LQMElLoLs

I'd argue that it's held back by being inferior adaptations of Claremont stories.

Evolution had more of an identity.

Cause no one likes black people

I do and I first properly got to watch it after it had been finished for over a decade.

The parts with Mr Sinister exclusively.

There was a Spike in X-Statix

Half Evo Spyke's character was being Storm's nephew. But because Storm grew up orphaned on the streets of Cairo, you can't just add that relationship into the comics. So what's the point?

Loved it as a kid. Had my favorite Cyclops design too.

was the dancing in this traced from the Craft or BuffytVS?

I've heard it both ways

also this is the best iteration of Kitty in all continuities, in all her jappy glory

this guy was pretty cute

10yo me had a crush on him and possibly originated my thing for bad boys that lasted well into my very early twenties

X was basically the same color as him.

I do wish we got another season with the new class. Who was that eastern european werewolf girl again?

I loved its late 90's/Early 00's sound and aesthetic, but as a whole I prefer WatXM
Damn though, all 3 X-Men cartoons were great. That's kinda rare imo

Was I the only one who found the first couple episodes, where the kids are being recruited, really fucked up?

Toad is clearly a mutant, and discovers the mansion at the same time as Nightcrawler, yet Kurt is brought into the fold while Todd is literally left on the streets.

Kitty comes from a loving family that supports her, while Lance is a mutant foster kid tossed from home to home. Guess which one is sought out and recruited?

It really makes the whole thing look less like Xavier is trying to protect young mutants, and more like he's picking and choosing which kids will be a better fit for his child militia.

Though I guess the thing with Pietro gets a pass because that whole episode was really a family matter.

They offered Toad a membership, Scott was trying to recruit him, but he declined after going to the mansion and getting in that fight with Nightcrawler

And they were cautious around Lance because of the destructive nature of his powers and how he was already abusing them. Before they could even try to recruit him, Mystique got to him.

But the Brotherhood boys all had standing offers at the Institute. Xavier let Lance join for an episode in season 2. It was Scott who drove him off.

I mean if Xavier wanted a child militia then the poor foster kids who are outcast, don't have homes and keep getting into trouble are far easier to manipulate. Bail them out of jail a few times and they'll feel indebted to him.
Which is basically what Magneto had Mystique do with them.

Goth Rogue was the best thing about this show. That and how much it shitted on Jean

>eastern european werewolf girl
the native american werewolf girl? The one who became a Valkyrie?

yeah, for a show supposed to be about societies outcasts, they really looked down at some of the others. Especially Scott and Kitty.

Just looked her up. Wolfsbane, and she was Scottish, sorry.

Dani isn't a werewolf. She was a psychic who could project fear illusions. And then a Valkyrie. And then a reality warper. At one point I think she had psi-arrows like Psylocke's knives.

The Scottish werewolf girl was Wolfsbane aka Rahne Sinclair

As far as a kid in the 90's was concerned, it was a good enough show. Also the theme song is still rad.
youtube.com/watch?v=LzicxJbxWzw

>First two seasons are shit, the other two seasons start getting good
this

>Evolution Cyke
You better be talking about last season Rightclops, not the little dipshit from s1.

I think Spike was just Marrow + that sorta adopted relative of Storm. Th writers preferred to take their waifu OC to the comics.

>You will never have a werewolf girlfriend you can tease by calling her famous dog names until she gets flustered.
>You will never explain that you do it because you know she hates it so every time she lets you call her Laika or Lassie, it's like she's saying "I love you."
Life is suffering.

oh yeah...how the hell did I confuse them..

CRY IN THE NIGHT!

>less like Xavier is trying to protect young mutants, and more like he's picking and choosing which kids will be a better fit for his child militia
What you're feeling is how a lot of people have felt over the years and 616 Xavier has directly been called out on doing just that.
Gotta have good looking muties in the team so that the masses think they're all like that.

Was I the only one who rooted for the Brotherhood? Not Magneto or Mystique, but the teenagers with shitty powers living in an abandoned dilapidated house. I always felt like they got a bum deal.

Reminder that Magneto abandoned his daughter in an asylum, and when she came back for revenge had her brainwashed into believing they had a happy life together.

Yeah, Magneto in this show was not a particularly redeemable character, especially in how he treated Wanda and Pietro.

>being gay

>Who was that eastern european werewolf girl again?

You mean Wolfsbaine? She is scotish

Its called propaganda and organizations practice it everyday. Like how Hollywood Jews cherry pick half breeds to espouse the benefits of race mixing

In what continuity is Chuck not a massive asshole who is training child soldiers?

good post

Sort of the FoX-Men.

this.
It's almost as if Magneto is a fucking supervillain

This so much. It captured that so well. Almost akin to being an adolescent during the grunge era

>being a girl

RUDE BOY

The problem is they tried to make us sympathize with him, and he is a good guy in the end.

>exposed knees
Not even a fag, but yeah, he's pretty lewd.

well maybe he regretted what he did to her and in his own fucked up way try to fix it by giving her memories of the life she deserved

I don't know if I would mind having my traumatic memories erased and replaced with soothing pleasant ones

it's kind of a spotless mind question

No, loads of people did. Why do you think there are so many fanfics featuring the various members joining the xmen? I think everybody pretty much felt like they got the rotten end of the shit stick, and wanted them to do better

i came into this fandom 15 years too late. Post fanfic recommendations to make me feel better please

Didn't they join Shield in the end?

It's implied that they did, given the backdrop of their final image when Xavier was telling everybody what he saw in apocalypse's mind. But the way they were dressed and the way he phrased it made it seem like they were still villains ("And some people never change").

I mean seriously, future!Toad looks like the sorta back alley creep who would rape your girl and steal your organs for shits and giggles

scott x rogue best otp

I like Cyclops in this one.

Early 2000 action cartoons had a great vibe to them.

I wanna say even the crew shipped them, but I don't remember where I read that

>crushing on worst boy

No taste.

Just because Kurt a cute does not mean that Lance isn't also a cute.

They pretty much made nightcrawler a human with blue skin with fewer fingers and toes

They were cheesy as hell though

He's made that way in a lot of stuff depending on the artist, particularly the movies.

>Rogue basically acted like a covetous psycho girlfriend to Scott even though they weren't even dating

It was a bad ship. Was there implied Gambit/Rogue in Evolution?

DESU, it's not all that bad. When you look at the character model sheets, they gave him a very feline body type, and rules for how he was/wasn't allowed to be posed. The hologram watch negates some of those rules, but it's still kinda neat to see that some things are followed. Like the low seated pants actually line up with his real hips

the goy from the wrong side of the tracks and his jap uptown girl makes me beg to differ

they can even be cutes

together.

Seriously, I know it's cliché as fuck, but I love me some bad boy X goody two shoes. Or vise versa. Bad girl X boy scout is great too.

They were Freedom Force.

You.

I like you.

>implying that fuckboy is worthy of touching Kurt

Probably a reference for when they became government thugs in the comics. The finale referenced a lot of key moments.

Eeeeh there's one episode where Gambit takes her with him to New Orleans, but he finds out he was sorta using her, so it doesn't go anywhere, if I recall.

um this
(I didn't even recall Spiral being there)

I mean who IS, honestly?

even the artist formally known as Nostalgia Chick, Lindsay Ellis has a thing for him

great theme song

Right? Especially ones that hold you back. Would you keep your shitty past if you knew it was going to ruin your future?

To this day I still occasionally "Vulcan salute" my fingers and try to go a little while with two big fingers on each hand. Just for the hell of it.

It took me a while to notice he even did that while disguised as a human, it's a nice touch.

I hated it. It turned all the characters into cliche high school stereotypes and completely takes away what makes them unique.

>and completely takes away what makes them unique.

How?

it gave Jean more clear characterization than I've ever seen

being the responsible over-achiever upperclassman pretty popular girl really suits her elegantly

Evolution actually focuses on the important distinction conceptually that the X-Men were originally wayward teens, going through that awkward transition from child to adult

it made them much more relatable