Will this be any good?

Will this be any good?

Other urls found in this thread:

crackle.com/spectacular-spider-man/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Yes. Believe in me, it will be good.

t. Joe

No.

Probably a little better than Ultimate, if only for art that is less boring and actually focused on Spidey lore again.

I don't the writing improving past season four of USM, though.

I really want a Spidey cartoon thats as good as Batman B&B, is that so much to ask?

>shitty haircut on Peter
>acts like a fucking cocky loudmouth spaz
>hurr I'm peter, let me list off a bunch of elements when I spell my name to show I'm smart
It'll be bad from the writing alone.

Its not spectacular so no

Queseda's in it

How could it possibly be salvageable if they're putting "the guy who;s fucked Spider-man over harder than the Green Goblin" in it?

>Spider-Man anything
>good
>ever
OP, Marvel has other hero shows and some of them are even GOOD. Check them out some time.

Better than Ultimate, but not as good as any of the other series.

BatB isn't even the best Batman cartoon.

I could use for something more Silver Agey, though.

>Joe
No

It would be even worse than Ultimate.

>if only for art that is less boring
The art of Ultimate was boring but "decent". The art of this new show is awful in every single way.

>if only for art that is less boring
Ehh? I mean it's less standard than Ultimate's artstyle but it's not really good.

I don't know shit about Spiderman but see people praising Spectacular a lot. Should I check it out as someone completely in the blank?

Yes.

>Post-EMH Marvel animation
>Good

I really hope this show is worse than Ultimate and manages to last less than one season with an unresolved cliffhanger.

but atleast it has no chibi art so far and constant 4th wall breaks

>Spectacular
>The 90's animated series

But it has "i wanna be anime" art and the worst Peter Parker ever

So are they making Doc Ock into a teenager? Also, isn't Harry having a villain arc in this?

What's with the teen villain overload?

absolutely

Maybe... the animation isn't so good, but no synergy is a plus, this could be the more "classic" Spider-Man serie since Spectacular, I hope it has it's own animated universe.

The animation looks worse than a flash cartoon from Newgrounds in the mid 2000s.

>I hope it has it's own animated universe.

They already confirmed they're linking it with the third season of Guardians of the Galaxy via a symbiote episode.

Ben Tennyson?

>Symbiotes already
shit show confirmed.

The new peter is fucking autistic.

I only saw few clips of this Peter and he's already fucking annoying.

this

crackle.com/spectacular-spider-man/

Sorry, man but it will get at least two. That's the monkey's paw wish. Marvel shows aren't abruptly cancelled anymore but the quality is bargain bin level

He might be a manlet , right?

He has to at least be an actual doctor

It's basically crash course Spider-Man in the sense that it gets everything except Kraven right, and even has the best adaptations of certain characters, so yes. It's a wonderful place to start.

there will be four spider-heroes swinging around during Peter's first months and animated Quesada rounding out the supporting cast. They're already going full blown retarded.

Supposedly, Peter will be in black during episode 8. Playing devil's advocate but all of the shows seem to get Venom into the mix early. TAS, Spectacular, and Ultimate did.

I'm kind of wondering what's going on with the Ucle Ben situation since it seems Uncle Ben's not even in the origin shorts.

Hardly a good adaptation for Electro, Shocker, Doc Ock, Silvermane, Tombstone even if the characters were enjoyable.

>Hardly a good adaptation for Electro, Shocker, Doc Ock, Silvermane, Tombstone even if the characters were enjoyable
They took a few liberties with these characters, but in the end being enjoyable is what matters right? In fact, I'll go ahead and say one of Spectacular's strong points is that it puts new twists on old characters. Montana Shocker, for example, is easily the best Shocker in my eyes.

They still got Spider-Man himself spot on though, which is far and away the most important thing.

>Electro

He was never that interesting in the comics. At least him being unstable makes for a better explanation as to why he can't use his powers to level the city.

>Shocker

Nobody gave a shit about Herman Schultz until Superior Foes. Mixing in Montana with Shocker was fine, and he came out an actually memorable foe. He honestly felt like a Flash rogue taking on Spidey at times.

>Doc Ock

Was perfect and true to the comics. He wasn't a sob story or the Kingpin's bitch like in the 90's show. They even did the Master Planner arc and had him as a part-time crime boss.

>Silvermane

What was wrong with Silvermane? Like Shocker, he's not a particularly memorable character. He did the role he was supposed to.

>Tombstone

What's wrong with elevating him to an A-list villain? Actually making him a powerful crime lord instead of a two-bit one? We didn't even get to his relationship with Robbie before the show was cancelled.

This is like saying B:TAS had a poor adaptation of Mr. Freeze.

Yes in terms of it being better than Ultimate, but no in the broad scope.

By the looks of it, it's another cheaply made cartoon, with bad shading, and fake looking backdrops.

Hard to believe we're at the point where cartoons can look like they're shot in front of a 1990's green screen

And the worst looking Black Cat (Other than the Lady Gaga one in Spider Gwen).

hell nah she's cute

At least there are no giant eyes above her tits...

Seriously, what the fuck were they thinking? NuMarvel worker 1: We gotta give every female superhero a redesign cause sexism and shit
NuMarvel worker 2: I know! lets just zip up her top!
NuMarvel worker 1: Genius! But her designs pretty bland now, got it, we'll add some eyes, oh and she's evil now so remove most of the white, yeah. Now that's a good design *snorts cocaine*
NuMarvel employee 2: Umm, doesn't it just look like the eyes are staring down at her chest now...?
NuMarvel employee 1: Shut up, and just be glad we weren't stuck with making that skrull impersonating Carol likeable...

Why did I type all that...?

I can't figure out if Norman's in this one or not.
They mentioned him in passing in one if the clips but there's nothing from the promotional side, and it sounds like Harry's going Goblin this time.

Fuck no, just rewatch Spectacular.

>completely black outfit
Way to ruin any type of outfit, there isn't any details draw on it not even a zipper.

This looks like something that wouldn't be out of place in a 60s cartoon until you remember that even the 60s cartoon had a better-looking Black Cat.

turn up your brightness my dude she has a zipperline and pouches right there

Christ, idk how they're gonna work that in their cartoon world due to Ult Spidey

I seen now, however I still have problem making out the shape of her fingers and whatever is going on on her chest (are these some pockets/magazines?)

What is it with Marvel giving their female characters shorter haircuts? Is long hair a sexist male fantasy these days?

I thought it was Pidge.

Muh tacticoolfags will tell you that it'd be harder to grab shorter hair in a fight.
Yet, unfortunately, there is never enough hairpulling in comics and cartoons

I would imagine same reason as for older video games, long hair is difficult to animate and hair simulation/particles take too long to render for cheap 3d kiddie cartoon.

>Electro

Fucking up his story by making him a sad, insecure sack of shit is no improvement. It's not an adaptation of any of the source material.

>Shocker
Just combining two characters so you can make him southern is not an improvement.

>Doc Ock
Doc Ock a wimpy pushover and needlessly tying it to Norman Osborne? Forced and unneeded and not true to the character. Please don't tell me there's anything so stupid in comics they'd adapt like Doc Ock trying to take over the world through computer passwords stolen from Captain Stacy.

>Silvermane

What's wrong with Silvemane? What's wrong with taking a geriatric gangster and putting him in a power suit and making him related to Silver Sable because they both have silver in their name? You need to ask that?

>Tombstone

All they did was write the Kingpin and put Tombstone in his spot because they couldn't get the rights to Kingpin. That's not true to the source material.

Why they gave Peter incel eyes?

Electro IS an an insecure, sack of shit. That's what holds him back in the comics from having godlike power. He thinks too small and has little faith in himself.

I wasn't talking about just combining him, but giving him a professional mercenary personality was cool. He wasn't a big league villain, but he did what he was paid for and was smart about it.

Doc Ock's main personality trait has always been his megalomania and complete arrogance with a hint of paranoia, all of them shown in Spectacular. He did used to be a bullied pushover when he was younger, and yes, he has tried to take over the world, with far more stupid, Silver Age plans.

Silvermane in the comics became a cyborg and a talking baby in the 90's show. A power suit is an improvement.

How was he like Kingpin? Was his wife's name Vanessa and his son Richard? We didn't see much of his private life, but he's no different than an intelligent crime lord would be.

Quit pretending you know shit about comics when it's obvious you don't.