It just occurred to me how potentially horrifying stretching powers can be and how the only major characters I can...

It just occurred to me how potentially horrifying stretching powers can be and how the only major characters I can think of who have it are heroes. I feel that if given to a villain, it could have eldritch horror-like potential. Has that ever been done?

And yes, I know Reed Richards has been villainous but I don't know if he ever has utilized his powers to their horrifying extreme. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong though.

The Maker is plenty horrifying when he gets stretchy.

General reminder that Plasticman is the strongest

Another page from the same story showcasing him being a creepy fucker when using his powers. Possibly out of order with the other page, I dropped out of Ultimate Marvel well before Maker but damn they did good making this guy frightening when you think on it.

>It just occurred to me how potentially horrifying stretching powers can be

Sounds to me like you need to read some of Jack Cole's Plastic Man comics.

Lots of times

They can get pretty horrifying.

Damn, this is exactly the kind of thing I was thinking of when I made this thread. Thanks for proving me wrong about Reed, user. Any other examples?

Madame Rouge is a stretching villainess but she's never done anything major league, or anything truly horrifying with her powers.

Beyond Plastic Man as another cool user is proving, I'm not even vaguely aware of other examples, or even Maker being shown grotesque again. Which when I think on it, is legitimately surprising considering how horrifying a Reed-becomes-Doom scenario as Maker is.

What is the context of this? Didn't really read Ultimate-verse, plus why did Sue and Reed (ultimate) not become a thing again? because she wanted Grimm although it was said their kid (Franklin) could have saved their universe from the Incursion?

I truly wish I could tell you, I only came across these pages looking up Maker a long time ago. I do still heartily enjoy Maker as a concept.

Should I be reading Golden Age Plastic Man?

This is some Tales from the Crypt looking shit, jesus christ...

Plenty

Damn, that may be the Invisible Woman but her ass sure ain't.

Death Battle: Plastic Man vs Mr Fantastic. Who win?

This is as good a thread as any to ask: what is the difference between Elongated Man and Plastic Man? I mean aside from being two different characters - how do their powers differ and why does there need to be two stretchy guys in the DC Universe?

Most definitely, although I think some of the pics are from the latter stories in the Plastic Man book which were not made by Jack Cole as far as I know.

Not OP but what are some essential Maker stories? Thanks in advance user

Plastic Man can transform into different likenesses, shapes and sometimes change color.

Elongated Man can only stretch his body parts (elongate them, if you will).

Elongated Man is basically a less powerful Plastic Man, but he's smarter and has a background as a detective, while Plastic Man is flighty and immature. So they sort of balance out that way.

The guy who made elongated man didn't know that DC already had plastic man.

They made Elongated Man in 1960 because they forgot they owned the rights to most of Quality Comics’s characters which includes Plastic Man.

Plastic Man is muuuuch better at shapeshifting than Elongated Man, but Elongated Man is a talented detective with a sense of smell that lets him detect crimes/mysteries.

So why did they continue to use him for decades?

so um....What happens next?

They bought out plastic man. From quality.

Here are the differences.

user, the better question is what happened before this. The Ultimate storytimes were fucking outstanding.

Sweet jesus of nightmare fuel why is Reed doing this and what is wrong with his head.

Also is this the same artist that did the nu 52 animal man? Sorta getting the same vibes.

Why not? Ralph is his own, different character. They didn’t know they owned Plastic Man, but Ralph wasn’t supposed to be a Plas stand-in anyway.

He uses his face to have sharp claws and drill like face with monster like snake body and long thounge . The scans are not on Google. I think.

He trys to eat things arm that way. By crawling on it face wise.

Ultimate Reed basically goes crazy and becomes Dr. Doom's successor.

Times run out. Secret Wars by Hickman. Ultimate cataclysm. Anytime he shows up in the ultimates pre destruction of ultimate earth.

Pre maker would be the Marvel zombie saga in Ultimate FF. The entire ultimate run.

Gonna show up in the final ultimates issues. Recreating a ultimate universe. Ewings trying touch up on a forgotton plot. Reed wanted to reboot the universe without ultimatuim.

The character is not really evil but "the ends justifies the means".

More like, Mai waifu didn't want me so I have to kill everyone.

He whiped out most of Europe on a whim.

Awesome! Thanks user. I've never read much Fantastic Four, so I was thinking about just starting at the beginning of Ultimate FF.

Ultimate Sue broke up with him because she wanted to be more slutty or something

Plastic Man. He doesn't have a limit while Mr. Fantastic hurts himself if he stretches too far. It's basically Flash vs Quicksilver. Plas is just MORE.

Keep in mind he is smarter than regular Reed.

That might be because Plastic Man came to DC with the other Quality Comics characters like Uncle Sam and The Ray. The guy (Gardner Fox?) probably wasn't sure of the legal status of Elongated Man at the time.

Because Elongated Man is a detective with a Thin Man type dynamic with his wife and Plas is a living cartoon struggling to be a good dad and make up for his criminal past. They're different characters you rube.

Marvel post Secret Wars. The Prime universe.

>mr potato head

Reed liked sue but was constantly ignoring her. The final straw was when he went after namor in ultimatum instead of helping save sue. Grimm stayed and helped sue and she realised ben was better than reed so she rejected him. But kang (sue from the end of the universe) came back in time to get reed to save the ultimate universe from secret wars he ended up becoming the maker to cause termoil so that the final infinity gem would spawn (which came in the form of a tumor in tony's brain, hence him picking his brain in those images). Though he gets foiled when he tries to use the gauntlet so he breaks down crying about how the heros killed the universe. Eventually he teams up with 616 villains and makes the jump after secret wars.

she decided that the life of a superhero was too hectic to also emotionally exhaust herself in an unfulfilling, long-term relationship

>eldritch horror
I don't think that word means what you think it means

He doesn't really care about ultimate sue. Only in a possession way and wanting sex out of her.

Considering how often Lovecraft referred to unnatural shapes, I don't see how what he said is a problem.

That sounds like a mess.

Anime, but still.

>gummu_gummu_no_weedwacker.jpg

Shows up in this too.

It was, but i'm still waiting for them to make good use of him in 616

That cover is misleading. They havent even crossed paths yet.

>Comic book cover misleading
Are you new or autistic

>He doesn't really care about ultimate sue.
Smarter than 616 Reed, then.

owen belongs with marsha
this is bullshit

Covers have always been the comic book equivalent of clickbait.

>He doesn't really care about ultimate sue
This was after he got fucked over by her twice. If you forgot, every future version of Ultimate Sue was an evil manipulative cunt.

He never bothered to recreate her post her death. Proably won't in this new ultimate/counter universe out of spite.

Character only lusts for her. There's this old page where goes on a rant basically debases Sue as a bimbo object Nick Fury can't get or something. When he was a hero.

I hope so. Imagine a Fantastic 3 with a alternating fourth member the likes of which could be any hero in the Ultimate Universe. We would actually see Reed try his luck with other super heroines instead of his love life being nothing but Sue.

Heres hoping we get a regular Ultimate Spiderman where Pete doesn't die. I'd be okay with him and Kitty Pryde if it means we get a decent Spider story.

Did luffy has done anything like this thread?

Probably will ignore ultimatum. I remember Reed wanting to delete the mutants to make sure it never existed. But considering Wasp is there, it's probably Thor doesn't exist.

No hammers to flood earth.

Where are those panels of Plastic suffocating Flash from Injustice. That's pretty unnerving.

sauce?

Not him but it's anime called Speedgrapher. I thought it was a good series. Been years since I watched it though.

thanks

Np user

i remember long before any of the ultimate stuff i read someone say that in any universe where Reed isn't with Sue he's going to be insane and evil.

Maker might be the best example

Seems like Sue isn't much better off.

>tfw too smart to being to be one of the good guys