Are there any good comics about pro wrestling?

Are there any good comics about pro wrestling?

>Shibata ;_;

ringside was decent but i dropped it

Whoa Nellie! by Jaime Hernandez

comics are fake enough without a fake sport

Andre the Giant Life and Legend

two negatives = positive?

this

God I miss Shibata.

One of the few kind of readable things Hopeless has written

This whole "fake is bad" meme needs to fucking die, right now. Imagine you are watching a UFC fight, you see two people beating the shit out of each other, but all that matters is the winner. You don't care about the person who loses. That guy fucking lost, why should you give a shit about him? Professional wrestling has predetermined outcomes, thus the focus is more on the action than the outcome, because you know the outcome is rigged. You can truly appreciate what the guys are doing in the ring. That's not to say you can't get invested in the outcomes of matches, far from it, but you can grow to love a wrestler based on his work instead of a Win-Loss chart like "real" fights.

That wasn't even a shitpost, I was being genuine.

Pro wrestling transcends sports.

kinda sad that now fans are more "he's only the champ/victor because of backstage x".

of course it depends on who they're rooting for (if the one they like is the one using backstage politicking, then he's awesome)

Shockingly decent and fun to read. Framing the comic story as an extension of actual kayfabe storylines is an excellent move.

Unfortunately, decades of terrible WWF/WCW/WWE comics are working against it. Nobody gives the current series the time of day.

I miss Tiger Mask W

This. There was also another Andre comic with more toony art. I think the story was better in that one but the art is not as good as Life and Legend.
Super Pro K.O. is alright too, shame it doesn't seem to be going anywhere.

>height 175cm

GWM is hijacking this thread!

I want to wrestle with Miss X!

>Shibata will never wrestle again

Go fuck yourself, OP.

In an injury update, he vowed to return. Good lord he's gonna end up dead.

someone once posted a page with a wrestler challenging an alien in like ancient Greece
any idea what this is??

i dread that people will treat his in-ring death as some sort of "ticket to valhalla" thing.

same reason there's no "good" anything involving pro wrestling

I'm friends with a couple of wrestler, the day after El Hijo del Perro Aguayo died, they were treating it as an honor to die in the ring.

>Shitbata vs Daniel Bryan in a Casket Match but for real

talking more of the fans treating it as such.

more so if they treat it like "I was there when he finally croaked!"

like they treat the death as "in the end, he entertained me"

Well Bryan has nothing better to do after the cancellation of Talking Smack.

This book is actually really fun.

Hey, Puro guys seems to be able to come back from anything, so long as they take time off.

Is that Akira Tozawa getting smashed on his head?

Nope, that was CIMA getting his neck broken via Muscular Bomb.

>CIMA
>KUSHIDA
>BUSHI
>EVIL
>SANADA
>YOSHI-HASHI
>YOSHITATSU
What's the Japanese fascination with uppercase letters?

Well, that's usually for wrestlers with only one name. So guys like CIMA, BUSHI, KUSHIDA, YAMATO, EVIL etc. has their names spelled in all uppercase. And YOSHI-HASHI & YOSHITATSU is meant to be one word so they get the same treatment.

I know I'm a faggot but I hope some day for wrestling manga done in the same way as ippo

Are the new WWE games any good?

Or should I stick with earlier ones?

The original Tiger Mask one is absolutely the best.
The comic itself is shit and childish as fuck, but its anime is still cool today, and some episodes are well-animated and well-directed.
Especially among them, the final episode is kinda legendary.

Tiger Mask W wasn't that bad. Those Toriko-esque characters and the animation just didn't sit well with me.

Buy Fire Pro Wrestling World. It's $20 & has pretty much anything you could ever want in a wrestling game.

Shibata's run from his return up to his final match against Okada and subsequent retirement might be one of the greatest yet most beautifully tragic story in wrestling

Meant to add: If you loved the older SmackDown! games, the new games are nothing like that. They're much slower, more boring & have a shit ton of problems.

I haven't watch wrestling in ages, but I always wondered, why do people in recent years gravitate more to masked wrestling and Japanese wrestling then just watching WWE?

Is it really that terrible?

>Is it really that terrible
It's a mix of WWE being utter shit & Lucha/Puro being pretty damn good. Feds like Dragon Gate, CMLL, NJPW & All Japan have been delivering some really solid products that's fun to watch, even if you can't speak their languages. Promotions like the ones I listed really helped me get my love of wrestling back.

I've been thinking of getting into Kinnikuman recently, is it any good?

I liked them well enough as someone who hadn't played them since n64

Love&Rockets

Tiger Mask

Bump

Kinnikuman, Hokuto No Ken, Dragon Ball all are better than One Punch Meme and Meme Hero Academia.
The latters are just westaweeb shit, and it is as bad as the fact Steven Universe is weeb pandering shit, or even worse.

To give you a non-retarded answer, yes it's good.