Just finished watching up through s2 and... Sup Forums hates this why...

Just finished watching up through s2 and... Sup Forums hates this why? The writing is damn good and the only viable complaint I see is that it focuses on nihilism a little too much. This has to be one of the best things Sup Forums hates just because reddit loves it.

It got popular. That's it. That's how Sup Forums works.

Sup Forums fucking LOVED Undertale for like a week before they realized it was incredibly popular. Then they hated it.

At this point I'm starting to think Sup Forums is doing the same thing with minorities and people who aren't cis. It fits.

It's a vocal minority.

Jerry deserves all the hate he gets. The guy is worse than Rick

what do you mean with focuses on nihilism?

Same shit with FNAF, for a short period at release people on Sup Forums really loved it, then it became popular and it was suddenly the worst trash that had ever been released. The pattern is depressingly predictable.

>This has to be one of the best things Sup Forums hates just because reddit loves it.
Some Sup Forums posters are calling George Romero "reddit" in his pinned RIP thread.
Contrarians are nothing but attention whores, and hating on something unpopular doesn't get any attention.

Eh, Season 2 has some genuinely bad episodes. But I think you're baiting.
I don't understand why people overplays nihilism in R&M so much in their heads. Even Wikipedia has a fucking section about nihilism in the R&M article.
Bunch of pedantic assholes.

It's one of those things were people project their dislike of the annoying fanbase onto the show itself .

Its natural, tho. Human race seek novelty, not something that would be common to others

That's pretty much the thing. The moment it becomes popular then it's like a turkey all plumped up and ready for troll thankseaster. They attack the series with a bunch of shit unrelated to it knowing they're a large base of people that'll reply with (you)s

This. Undertale, mlp, sonic , SU etc are mainly ruined by cringy fans. Rick and mortt suffer from normies and reddditoriabns spreading shows memes

It goes nowhere and can't go anywhere for it's nihilism, yet it tries to have you care, and thats only because they're running out of random gags.

That doesn't necessarily make it the worst, but theres nothing to talk about for it. But then theres the fans that try to find deeper meaning, continuity or even reason for what happens in the show, when the show spells it for you, and its 'Fuck you'.

It's called the reddit show because the fanbase is gullible.

Humans seek novelty because it is a new experience, it doesn't have anything to do with others. In this case it's more natural to bandwagon onto the thing that is popular because it's new, and to feel included.

And yet the fan base is on Sup Forums

there's a lot of episodes(I'm not going to count) where someone literally says that nothing that happens ever matters and that everything is fucking pointless.
then there's the fact that Rick is an alcoholic specifically because he's a nihilist and the whole wubalubadubdub thing.

I agree that people don't need to make a big deal about it, but it is the most prevailing theme in the show.

There was a time when Sup Forums liked it. Those threads were comfy

I'm surprised so many like minded anons are on at the same time for once.

This was a brave example to use and I agree completely with you.

Scott Cawthorne is such a fucking cool guy that it seems to have granted him immunity from a lot of the shitposting, but still, a lot of the vitrol is unfair and should be reserved for the cringe carnival that is the fanbase. Definitely one of the worser fanbases but, in my opinion, nothing can beat the sonic fanbase.

It's yet another addition to the long list of things people here pretend to hate because people on other websites also enjoy them. Sup Forums could probably be a halfway-decent website if people like that left.

I always felt it was existentialism more than nihilism, especially the "so just come sit down and watch tv" part literally right after the "life is meaningless" part wasn't just a gag.
But, I don't know the series creators. I felt like they were just shitposting through a cartoon, I always found it hilarious how Sup Forums hates it because it feels like nu-Sup Forums complaining about being outplayed by a cartoon.

Listen, I don't know about you guys, but I really want to fuck Rick's loose ass.