Realistically, why would Batman have abs...

Realistically, why would Batman have abs? His goal would be to pack on muscle mass and have strength to perform his tasks. To show abs, you must diet and lean down for cosmetic reasons (while also losing strength in the process), which would interfere with his schedule of fighting crime.

He doesn't. It's the suit. It makes him look bulkier.

who says fatman has abs

I'm talking about Batman in general including comics, Christian Bale version, everytime he shows his body he usually has a six pack as well.

Being nimble and agile is probably more important

when you've got gadgets to pack the punch, being otter mode is better than bear mode.

Because they need sexy shirtless scenes for women.

Because Batman was originally a martial artist and focused on agility, stealth, fear tactics, skill, and his mind to defeat his foes. The real question would be why would he need to put on so much mass?

Modern Batman though is a brawler with an over reliance on gadgets, robot suits and his super computer.

>Because Batman was originally a martial artist
Batman originally just straight up shot fuckers with his guns. We need that Batman back.

The guy works 24/7, barely eats or sleeps. I'm surprised he has any muscle at all.

This made me wonder why Bat-Man of China is fat.

I'd like to think that, because the times have changed and the enemies have gotten stronger, he had to get bulkier too to have even a shred of chance against them.

>To show abs, you must diet and lean down for cosmetic reasons (while also losing strength in the process),
You can be big and still have abs

Whoops. Forgot pic

Intimidation. Muscles are a psychological tool. Batman likes tools.

Thats a pro wrestler. His job is to look like that and perform moves as entertainment. If he was fighting crime like batman, allowing his body fat % to be that low would hinder what he does. Maybe semi abs but definitely not ripped ones like that pic

Batman needs to be a ninja as well and a leaner body is better for agility.

Have you ever looked down the roster of any combat sports promotion?

Where did the myth of abs don't show you're strong start from? Whether or not you have abs just depends on your body type.

No he didn't. Stop with this misinformed meme. He didn't use a gun until Detective #33. You can count on one hand the times he actually used a gun, and only one time did he ever shoot at a person, and it was just to disarm him.

Stop getting all of your information from Cracked articles.

Personally, I think Bruce would go for a leaner body-type, since being too big can come with its share of drawbacks, especially in a line of work such as his. There are times when he'd need to squeeze through tight spaces, for instance. I'm not saying he should be as lean as, say, Spider-Man, but he shouldn't be so bulky that he'd get stuck jumping down a manhole cover either.

Whatever deficiencies he'd have in terms of pure physical strength, he could just make up with gadgets. You don't need to be as strong as an ox if you have a tazer.

You are retarded, dude.

Is he?

I'm pretty sure he uses a gun in Detective #32 to murder two enemies while they slept. True, they were a Vampire and a Werewolf, but they still count.