Why is Spider-Man: Homecoming underperforming?

It got rave reviews, what's going on?

Manchildren don't watch it because it's not the real spooderman kids don't watch it because it is a movie with an entire supporting cast of ugly losers.

You can only see the same good movie so many times before it starts getting dull.

Fatigue and confusing marketing

Every fucking normie I talked to about it was so confused about where it fit and they didn't get that it wasn't connected to the Amazing Spiderman movies.

Marvel and Sony needed to leave a longer gap before trying to salvage Spidey so the average mong would actually get that it's another reboot.

This. Convergence of Spider-Man fatigue and reboot fatigue.

That said, I liked the movie. Once I did go see it, I felt totally refreshed after the intense apathy the last three left me with.

I think that the words "New Spiderman movie" lost traction, because it only means "See your favorite hero being reimagined again to attract another audience, but don't get attached to it"

Hero movies went full circle, now movie fans know how capefags feel

"Hey look! Development and... RETCOM TIME!"

Blame Sony. I love spidey but I'm not seeing another fucking spiderman reboot for the third godamn time

Possibly a mix of word of mouth and fatigue?
Everyone I've talked to said they found it "Good but I wouldn't see it again".

That said it was sold out for the last two saturdays at our cinema so who knows.

Planet of the Apes came out this weekend and Despicable Me 3 is still doing well with kids. Spider-Man is still doing well, but it's a common trend now for movies to drop quickly because people are just tired of how many blockbusters come out.

Seriously, almost every week there's some new big movie.

People have been saying that people are tired of Spider-Man-- I don't think that's true. Spidey merch still sells like hotcakes. It's just now Spider-Man isn't a Spider-Man movie, it's an MCU movie, so people are treating it the same way they would Dr. Strange or Ant-Man or Captain America. This is the natural consequence of turning things into cinematic universes, which is just a prettier way of saying "franchise". People don't want to see a new entry in a franchise every year and even less do they want to see multiple entries in a franchise every year.

>Comic is a mess full of sub-stories that never develops
>Cartoons can't last more than two seasons since the 90's

Did the Spiderman franchise became a metaphor for Peter Parker life?

Blockbuster saturation.

I dunno. I just saw the trailers and checked out. So Spider-Man stops the Vulture and learns what it means to be a hero I guess? It just wasn't enough to make me care

>We are going to have at least one Star Wars movie per year

Cinema sure lost it's magic

I wonder what the new era will bring

>gif

>learns what it means to be a hero

For fucks sake! They are really going for this? There is at least 20 super-heroes in-universe already, how many times you can make the Disney "Hercules" routine?

Let me guess, there is at least one fake death in the movie, right?

>Despicable Me 3 is still doing well with kids

Isn't Homecoming PG13? I can't imagine they're aimed at the same audience, though I did see some kids in the audience when I went to see it.

I don't know. I never saw the movie. I'm guessing from the trailers.

It's not like that at all
He knows how to be a hero, he just keeps fucking up because he's a kid trying to control his endless boner for Liz

Well, it just might be, and I'm guessing here, that PEOPLE DIDN'T LIKE IT!

Seems like he was desperate to prove himself to Stark

PG-13 doesn't mean anything anymore because movies are being made to appeal to toy-buying kids AND young adults.

Didn't they?

I've seen very little negative word of mouth.

A movie doesn't have to be hated for people to not go see it.

But are moms going to take their kids to see movies with blood and explicit references to sex?

Yes

THIS SUMMER!

>Marvel logo
>Main lead: I'm just a normal guy
>Not normal things happening
>Main lead: Sheeit, i'm not a normal guy
>Supporting cast looks shoked to not normal things happening
>They don't know what is happening, but you know, right audience? You read the title of the trailer
>*Serious tone and music*
>Antagonist appears per two secounds
>And i'm the bad guy
>And i'm going to do some bad stuff
>Main lead: I need to stop it
>Main lead: Wise man, how do i hero?
>Wise man: *motivacional speech*
>Flash montage of action scenes full of easter eggs
>Comic relife says something funny
>*awkyward silence
>Movie Title

literally zero sexy cute red heads

3rd reboot, makes sense.

Yes. Nobody pays attention to what the ratings say anymore as long as they're not R. And nobody actually cares that much about blood. Parents will usually laugh at the sex jokes, that's the winning formula Iron Man proved.

>forced diversity
>Antiamericanism
>Cuck villain
>Slaver guiltiness
>All the movie spoiled in the trailer
>Release between Wonder Woman, War for the Planet of the Apes and Dunkirk

Yes, Soccer mom's were aways a minority, this is why the media never gave a fuck about them

The several times they appeared in the news in the 90's was just for ratings, basically pre-clickbait

Too many Spider-Man movies in too short of time.
They should have kept him as a supporting member of other MCU movies for a few years and got that version of him to grow on audiences before giving him a solo film.

>Spider-Man doesn't join the Avengers
>Next movie he shows up is Avengers

Most don't care. Hell, most Moms of little kids old enough to watch movies now grew up in the 80s and early 90s.

Back when we were kids there wasn't even a PG-13. We would watch bloody and violent PG movies like Gremlins and Jaws all the goddamn time and we weren't worse for wear.

Reboot fatique , why couldn't they have stuck the amazing guy in that suit

Parents took their kids to Deadpool cause they thought it was just another X-men movie

>not Spiderman vs 9/11 directed by Sam Raimi
Hard pass.

With hope superhero movies are dying

Parents took their kids to it because their edgy 11 year old son wanted to see it

Sony

>i-it's sony's fault
Now explain why Civil War made half a billion less than Avengers having the same guys + spider-man

Capeshit is dead

why would you expect a Captain America movie to do Avengers money?

>Captain America movie
Nice meme

>First big crossover movie
>Hyped as balls since three years earlier
>People didn't even know what to expect from it

Why fags keel using this excuse for every fucking movie?

Some grandma was taking her granddaughter to see sausage party a while back. Her vocal reasoning is that it looked like a cartoon. I didn't have the heart to tell her. She probably fell asleep before it got too bad

too many spiderman movies, people are tired of them.

Executives getting greedy, expecting too much.

If only America could blackout Hollywood.

it's plain and played safe.

You don't understand, parents take their kids to see movies like Scary Movie all the time, I hear the parents whispering to each other "I thought it was a comedy!". Don't underestimate stupid parents.

Like a year later to deal with the end of the universe.

Pretty much all blockbusters aside from "Logan", "Kong: Skull Island", "Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2", "Wonder Woman" and "Despicable Me 3" underperformed. And even then "Wonder Woman" was the only one that surpassed estimatives due to a combination of low expectations, YAAS QUEENing and being pretty good.

"War for the Planet of the Apes" knocked "Spider-Man: Homecoming" off of the top spot but it's not doing so hot either.

The only pretty girl in the entire movie was set to the side to make room for disgusting blacks.

Mmm, what this movie about? I like the hat.

Its been a bad summer for Cinema in general really. Everything has been under performing according to their publications.

this

there's just something wrong with 2017 obviously any other year and these movies would be huge successes except Wonder Woman

It's predictable. Spider-Man fights petty crime, ends up fighting to a stalemate with older villain, Peter has drama, peter chooses responsibility over handling his real life shit, villain is defeated.

Not really interested in watching a race washed Spider-Man high school drama.

Hollywood seems to be doing a pretty good job of "blacking out" on its own.

Normies aren't too interested in another Spidey reboot. People know this isn't a "big" super important movie within the MCU - just a bit of fleshing out Spider-Man's character. Vulture is a B-list villain. Too many big blockbusters at the same time.

>still buttmad about Wonder Woman
Wew lad

Don't forget "Fate of the Furious".

this

if it weren't Wonder Woman's first movie ever it would be doing fantfourstic levels bad for almost the exact same reasons

>It got rave reviews--
I sure bet it did. This should be your first clue about how review systems work these days.

>Don't attempt to earn neckbeard money.
>Surprised when you don't get neckbeard money.

It's a damn good movie, but you can't deny expectations were low before release and there was a lot of shilling going around after it came out.

Yeah, it stole this weekend but i read it's doing worse than Dawn

Illuminate me

Not sure if b8. Fantfourstic was a genuine flop. .

*looks around*
*whispers*
Gamergate.

Flop implies they were trying.

>The incestuous landscape of American vidya journalism is the same as the worldwide movie reviews one

Every other year would have been fine.

pretty sure fox will keep churning a few of those down to line to keep the rights. They know that disney is hamstrung without X-men or the fantastic 4. Once the Mouse is teetering on the brink, fox will move in for the kill.

It's just more organized. But, yeah, it's just as "incestuous." Whatever you meant by that.

movies are way worse than videogames "Journalism"

>Fox killing Disney.
You've had enough drugs for one night.

>forced diversity
>movie takes place in washington and queens

lol be more insecure

It is. Just look at Ghostbusters's RT rating.

Does your conspiracy also account for Wonder Woman's good RT rating?

>washington and queens
>not also forced diversity
Gee, why did this movie fail?

That was an overblown issue and you know it. The movie's not that highly rated. It's like when people argued Disney paid reviews to be favourable towards Thor 2 without realizing the movie is one step away from MoS on RT

>implying queens isn't relevant to spider-man

Why are you even on this board?

>just skipping right over the post to play ignorant
Yes, keep your moral victories.

They're not so bold as to directly insult their readerbase, but that is because they're experienced, not benevolent.

They kinda were

Wonder Woman is an example where a genuinely good movie (at least for the first two acts) aligns with the ideology of the critics. All these journalists and critics go to college where their professors teach them how to be entryists, then they go out in the world to spread their agenda.

Right. What makes you say that?

>If I keep repeating the question despite people giving me multiple points...
What are you planning to do, again?

I dont spend movies on hollywood movies since they went against Trump
nice

*teleports nowhere*

Blackwashed 80% of the cast
>lol be more insecure

there were kids in my Apes screening because "lol monkeh"

No, WW is the most profitable movie of the year so far and performed wildly better than expected, so people liked it. Ghostbusters was praised beyond it deserved but then it bombed, just like it deserved. Homecoming is a better example

It doesn't matter that it's PG-13. Kids are still going to see it. And Marvel/Disney damn well know this.

Want proof? Go to toysrus or any toy section in a retail store and you'll find Spider-man Homecoming toys.

But it didn't get "rave reviews". Its average rating is still ~70.

People seem to have no clue how Rotten Tomatoes actually works. It didn't score a 93 out of 100. 93% of critics recommended it. Recommending something isn't the same as "raving" about it. And if you actually read those reviews, you'll see they're saying the same thing: it's another formulaic MCU movie with Spider-Man plugged in.

I just want compelling arguments. People have been crying "PAID REVIEWS" for years, yet more and more releases (Pirates, WW, Logan etc.) keep showing a different reality, and people just find more excuses to keep clinging on their conspiracy theories, like

How the hell is a Vulture a cuck?

God, you're dumb

>estimatives
this is your average bangladeshi marvel drone, Sup Forums

My parents took me to pg-13 superhero movies (and other types of movies too I guess) all the time before I was even 10. Its normal for kids to watch them...who else is gonna buy those spider-man homecoming Legos?

>low expectations
It opened at over $100M, more than literally all origin movies in the MCU if I'm not mistaken and a few sequels too

Wonder Woman went up against Pirates of the Caribbean, a new Transformers movie, and Cars.