Why do people hate this movie? Just rewatched it for the hundredth time

Why do people hate this movie? Just rewatched it for the hundredth time.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bIMVrX9CaVw
youtube.com/watch?v=RBbD5SCND3M
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It was good. Soundtrack is a bit dated but it's fun. Michel Clark Duncan as Kingpin was "progressive" before the modern craze of potical tomfoolery. He was just a big, scary, intimidating, and powerful man who carried himself as so. Collin Ferrel as Bullseye was eh.

It's intentionally silly and uninetnetionally silly at points while trying to be super dramatic at others.
I enjoyed it tremendously but it's not exactly what people wanted or expected. It fails from a dramatic standpoint.
Also the fight scenes are uneven at best.

More like why do people hate Soules Daredevil?

How did DareDevil setup the flammable liquid for the reporter to light and make flaming Ds?

>Kingpin raises Daredevil above his head as if he's about to throw him on the floor
>instead he waits a second and throws him straight upward against the ceiling

I unironically loved it. The extended cut was what the movie needed but it still had some flaws.

Soundtrack was my favorite and I didn't think much of "CAN'T WAKE UP" until I found out Sup Forums loves it ironically.

Also probably the only origin movie where they never explained the iconic gadget.

It's everything wrong with early 2000s capeshit combined into one movie:
- many companies and directors having no idea how to incorporate capes into movies without looking ridiculous
- laughable attempts at being edgy and pandering to teens (I'll remind you that the movie actually uses WAKE ME UP INSIDE during the Elektra death scene which was supposed to be quiet in the original comic)
- terrible plot decisions (IMMA KILL THAT ONE RAPIST BUT IMMA LET KINGPIN OF CRIME LIVE)
- awkward attempts at cashing in on celebrities and their relationships (Affleck X Garner)
- terribly written characters (MCD did well with what he was given, but initially his Fisk is written as a retarded cardboard cutout)
- trying to adapt the most famous pages of character's history without actually understanding the context that made them work (this one is still present)

Today i will remind them

It didn't really incorporate that much Daredevil mythos.

It really did just come off as Red Batman.

why do people watch "the room" hundreds of times?

>the movie actually uses WAKE ME UP INSIDE during the Elektra death scene
Faggot, I just watched the fucking thing, and you're going to sit here and lie to everyone's face?

>Shit acting
>shit cgi
>shit storyline
>shit ending
>shit soundtrack
3 out of 10, saw it in teathers when it came out with my younger brother, he liked it back then but now he says its a piece of shit.

Because the black suit is shit.

Put the blind fuck in yellow and it's god tier.

Huh, you're right, it's in the other scene. Still, it doesn't mix very well youtube.com/watch?v=RBbD5SCND3M

Are you one of them camp lovers? Because most people found the yellow suit ridiculous, even back in the 60s

>More like why do people hate Soules Daredevil?
Because it's not good.

>Are you one of them camp lovers
No, I am not one of 'those' camp lovers.

>Wont Back Down
>For You
>Hang On
>Man Without Fear
>Evening Rain
>Right Before Your Eyes
>Caught in the Rain

>shit soundtrack

>awkward attempts at cashing in on celebrities and their relationships (Affleck X Garner)
Affleck was still with Jennifer Lopez at this point. He didn't marry Garner until 2005

I wanted to watch it last night but I can't find the fucking DVD

It's on putlocker

Do they have the extended cut?

>- terrible plot decisions (IMMA KILL THAT ONE RAPIST BUT IMMA LET KINGPIN OF CRIME LIVE)
Huh, I had actually forgotten that Daredevil straight up murders a dude in the first ~10 minutes of the movie.

user was trying to remember a time when he was in diapers. Can't really expect full memory of such times.

Is pizza your favorite food?

I let it slide, because it's a dream of every Spiderfag after 2007-2008 period.

Wasn't it an "I won't kill you but I won't save you" situation?

>Michel Clark Duncan as Kingpin was "progressive" before the modern craze of potical tomfoolery
Yes, a huge scary black man who is also a criminal is very progressive

>It's intentionally silly and uninetnetionally silly at points while trying to be super dramatic at others.
just like Raimi's Spider-man but no one hates those movies except 3

I remember watching the movie. Black Kingpin walking down and I was pissed that he wasn't wearing all white and that he wasn't fat as fuck.

Then Daredevil S1 came and he STILL wasn't wearing the white suit.

>rewatched it for the hundredth time
>rewatched
>watched it 101 times total
>runtime of theatrical cut is 103 minutes
>runtime of director's cut is 127 minutes
>between seven full days and nine full days without sleep or any kind of distraction spent watching a single movie

there's your problem OP

you're literally insane

>- terrible plot decisions (IMMA KILL THAT ONE RAPIST BUT IMMA LET KINGPIN OF CRIME LIVE)
Because motherfucking character development, you blind fuck

Plenty of people hate them. Also there's more space to be silly with Spidey than with that fucking mope DD.

>Michel Clark Duncan as Kingpin was "progressive"
I honestly didn't mind that much because he could do a pretty decent Kingpin and he was having a lot of fun with the role.
I still think a white actor would have been more accurate to represent the character, but Duncan did great. Hell, DD's Kingpin was written closer to the comic than Netflix DD's Kingpin.

yes

no shepards pie

I don't hate it. especially the director's cut.

Sure, it's got weaknesses, but it's rad.

No, but I think it's a literally perfect meal.

But people in general have (or had) good opinions about those movies.

And for that matter, the silliness in the Spider-man movie wasn't classic Spider-silliness, it was ADVANCED silliness. The Green Goblin was such a clownish performance with his Power Rangers costume and "YOU AND I AREN'T SO DIFFERENT. JOIN ME, SPIDER-MAN!"
Even as a 12 yo I groaned at that.

I was enjoying Bullseye too much to care about black Kingpin. Now that guy was the most memorable in the movie.

Has Bullseye not shown up in the show yet?

>greasy shit and bread
>perfect meal
Lasagna is everything Pizza can be but better.

We're never shown a scene where Murdock feels sorry for killing that guy tho

Pizza is perfect because it can cater to practically every person in the planet. You can always meet someone who doesn't like lasagna. But you will rarely, if ever, meet someone who dislikes pizza; they'll only dislike certain toppings.

Maybe because you didn't watch the movie.
When he scares a kid because he is being violent with his dad, he repeats to himself "I'm not the bad guy". When he is about to kill Kingpin, he repeats the phrase again.

Bullseye was a treasure. I don't think Netflix can top him.

Shit fuckin' taste, gaylord.

jack of all trades, master of none
it's not perfect

you'd think a lawyer practicing would know that as a costumed vigilante conducting a street brawl his actions would never be construed as mere misdemeanors and would automatically be considered as felonies committed by an intentional vigilante, and that as such the death of any person involved in or trying to avoid the fight would be at least voluntary manslaughter, for which the defenses of provocation or imperfect self-defense would be weak at best, since he willingly and deliberately sought out the fight with the intention of committing violent acts

i mean sure you could argue for criminal negligence to try and have it considered involuntary manslaughter at sentencing, but that's late-game stuff and the risk is that it becomes a second-degree murder charge instead

in New York in particular he'd be looking at Manslaughter 1 just because he goes into those fights armed, ie, with the intent to cause serious physical injury, maybe Aggravated Murder (life without parole) because of the gimp suit and sticks

minimum sentence is likely to be 15 years

Better appeal to everyone than a few ones.
Pizza is not only a meal. It's a tool of socialization and global peace. It's the one thing humanity has in common no matter the barriers.

>You can always meet someone who doesn't like lasagna.

yeah FAGGOTS

>Better appeal to everyone than a few ones.

Why be something everyone likes just alright instead of something few love with passion?

You'll never find your soulmate, user. You'll die alone with mediocre friends who would feel obligated to attend to your funeral but no tears will be shed.

You are the pizza, user. You are the pizza.

Also you are describing modern Marvel movies.

A lot of people love pizza, user. With passion. And the rest like it alright and even tolerate it.
Lasagna has its fair share of lovers, people who passionately eat it. But it also has a lot of people who don't like it.
Pizza is both loved and well liked, and even tolerated by those who aren't crazy for it. No person will ever be as respected and beloved as pizza user.
I am not worthy of being pizza; no one is.

I'll give you that, but making a character change because they scared one random kid is still kinda sloppy. Here's how it was justified in the original Miller run.

>but making a character change because they scared one random kid is still kinda sloppy
The point is that he realized what he was doing. Matt experienced the same as a kid and that made him blind. The connection was there from the start, he just needed a push and to grow a better conscience. And that's very early in his Daredevil career when he was still full of resentment and had to grow.
That's story.

Pizza is mediocre shit you dirty piece of Dr Strange Sorcerer Supreme

I thought the yellow suit was a jab at him being blind and making his own costume.

Nah, it was just Kirby having bad taste for once

See? You think it's mediocre, but you don't think it's bad. You just need to try a different pizza till you find the one.

Or maybe Daredevil wasn't really supposed to have the "devil" symbolic originally, since yellow-and-black costume looks much more like something a wrestler would wear

>See? You think it's mediocre, but you don't think it's bad.
That's my point though
I just like pizza. I love lasagna. It's better to be special to someone instead of just being alright to everyone.

>Why do people hate this movie? Just rewatched it for the hundredth and one time.

But pizza is special to many.

You might just like pizza while you love lasagna, but we're talking big numbers of people here. A lot of people love pizza and most people who don't either like it or are indifferent to it.
That's why it's the ultimate meal; there is no hate nor dislike for it.

I'm gonna say it's biggest problem was Elektra. Almost everything concerning her was awkward

>Cringey park scene that predates Catwoman's basketball
>Silly romance that comes out of nowhere
>Forced drama when dad dies
>Awkward ninja transformation out of nowhere

But other than that I'd say the films biggest problem is that it feels too disjointed, like a series of random scenes just forced together wether it fit or not. Just think of how Bullseye goes to Kingpin and says "I WANT A FUCKING COSTUME TOO" and then in the next scene he's wearing the same stuff he had the whole time. The director's cut kinda fixes this, giving Matt a proper arc about his lawyer job, but his arc about learning not to kill still comes kind of out of nowhere. The scene where the kid is scared of him is really the only one that feels significant in that regard

And even then the DC still has problems
>Subplot about the hearing
>Matt is worried that his abilities are slipping since he couldn't tell if that one police guy was lying
>Goes after him and threatens him in his civilian identity
>Turns out he just had a fucking pacemaker preventing his heart from going apeshit
What was the fucking point? So much screentime wasted only to go "ah, false alarm"

Remove Electra, change the soundtrack to something less shit and the movie is pretty decent

I love it

Honestly, the costume is shit, but that's not really a big issue. Even Spider-Man takes a dig at it in the comic. Something along the lines of, "Watch yourself, Daredevil. Those dark costume changes will get ya."

Want to give me a real reason, senpai?

The only bad thing about the movie was Elektra

The only bad thing about the Netflix show was Elektra

Karen was also annoying but she had her moments