Anime has Cowboy Bebop and Eva, what is the Sup Forums's counterpart to them in terms of popularity?

Anime has Cowboy Bebop and Eva, what is the Sup Forums's counterpart to them in terms of popularity?

I would say Watchmen and The Dark Knight Returns are probably our equivalents, if we're talking terms of popularity/"this is a classic must-read" potential.

But what is Sup Forums's Death Note?

Good choice for Comics but I'm talking more about cartoons

You mean entry-level but just not as entry-level as DBZ or One Piece?
Robot Chicken? The 80s Bakshi movies?

Legend of Aang and Gravity Falls.

the looney tunes

Ren & Stimpy, The Simpsons, SpongeBob, Looney Tunes, Tom & Jerry, Batman: TAS...

dumb GFposter

Last Airbender, Samurai Jack, B:TAS or the DCAU as a whole

This, though there isn't a true equivalent.

MLP is unquestionably the most popular western cartoon ever created.

Ahh, so shows for children filled with nothing but gags, gotcha..

is ponychan even alive

If anything,
The Sup Forums equivalent of most Shonen Anime comes down to Avatar Last Air Bender, Samurai Jack, and most of Bruce Tim's works for DC.

Sup Forums equivalent for most comedy anime are basically the Looney Tunes (Toons).

Sup Forums equivalent for slice of life anime is Hey Arnold and show like it.

Sup Forums equivalent for shojo anime are horse show, Steven Universe, and Star vs.

Can't really think of anymore at the moment.

>Batman
>nothing but gags
Miami.jpg

what is the Sup Forums equivalent of totally spies?

>The Sup Forums equivalent of most Shonen Anime comes down to Avatar Last Air Bender, Samurai Jack, and most of Bruce Tim's works for DC.
Those aren't even close to the most popular shonen in terms of popularity.
Only ones that are on the same level or higher are (usually adult) comedy cartoons like Looney Tunes, The Simpsons or South Park.

>reading the rest
Oh you just didn't understand the question.

you do realize that most cartoons are far more popular than anime?

It's Avatar and Samurai Jack.

Batman is a contender but being so episodic it doesn't compare as easily to Eva and Bebop which are very continuous.

That's a Canadian French cartoon.....

But.....

I seriously don't know.

>A mediocre show only saved by one great character which then turned to shit when said character died
No clue, but gurren lagann was the same thing

Eva is trash though

Gargoyles

still more popular and relevant than your favorite anime/cartoon

My favourite anime is Legend of the Galactic Heroes, and you know what ? Thank God it a not as popular as Eva. It's story, characters and setting are much better than Eva will ever be.
Believe me, I tried liking Eva, I have watched the whole thing.

Spongebob, Simpsons, FOP, Futurama, American Dad, Family Guy, stuff like this

>what is the Sup Forums's counterpart to them in terms of popularity?
Well, which series are horribly overrated beyond what they deserve? Which series are okay, but well below the praise that people actually give them?

Batman: The Animated Series and The Simpsons

>in terms of popularity
Looney Tunes and Mickey Mouse shorts.
Sure, they are complete tonal opposites from Eva and Cowboy Bebop but if influence is all you're looking for no other works of animation has shaped our culture as much as Mickey Mouse and Bugs Bunny.

this, they're entry-level anime, once you watch more anime, you'll realize they're nothing special.

Batman: The Animated Series and Animaniacs

Eva's counterpart is, of all things, Ducktales. Both series single-handedly changed the business model for how animation was marketed. Eva showed everyone just how willing to spend money otaku were, so anime began shifting to a more merchandise-driven model. Meanwhile, Ducktales did something that, at the time, was considered crazy by being a syndication-length show with a Saturday morning budget (before this, syndicated series were dirt cheap and hardly animated fares like Transformers). Series like Tiny Toons, Batman:tas, and most other Disney Afternoon series were only able to happen because Ducktales was so damn profitable.

Samurai jack. Even more so now that it literally had a gainax ending

I always go with Moral Orel as the Eva equivalent for cartoons.

Its a show that presents itself as one thing but dark (Mecha Show, Spoof on Christian Stop Motion), then goes darker towards the end.

South Park

>Over the Garden Wall

They also both have weirdly uplifting endings that came out all of a sudden because of cancellation.

Simpsons is the equivalent to Cowboy Bebop: a good show that they ran into the ground by never letting it off the air.

What's the Sup Forums equivalent of Girls und Panzer?

>show
Confirmed for not reading the manga. Please leave.

PPG, the new one

DCAU in general is probably a good answer. Sprawling, epic, well animated, good stories, etc etc.

whats the Sup Forums equivalent to pic related?

the delusion is strong with this one, for both of them

Iron Patriot

Is this a stealth Sup Forums poster making a stealth "DBZ isn't the most popular anime" thread on Sup Forums?

Cause it seems that OP is pretty much only interested in people agreeing that Bebop or EVA should be compared to the most widely popular Sup Forums examples.

I thought Cowboy Bebop was popular only in the west, in japan no one cared.

The Simpsons

It was popular enough in Japan. Just not nearly to the same extent as it is in the west.

I want to say Wakfu but it isn't that popular.

I mean there's a whole genre of anime that appeals to people who just want to rub one out.

Now whether or not any of them explore such a huge variety of fetishes rather than focusing on a single one, I couldn't say, me not really being an ecchi fan

You might be thinking of FLCL or Big O

>what is the Sup Forums's counterpart to them in terms of popularity?
My Little Pony

not even japan can insert all those fetish in a single series

X-Men and BTAS?

Recently it's Spongebob desu. I'm scratching it up to summer.

Jimmy Neutron