They're different from us

>They're different from us
>Which means they can't be trusted!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2ARX0-AylFI
youtube.com/watch?v=F0TEvK-mjlg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

objectively true on all counts. Why was he the villain?

>muh noble savage
>muh Indians never hurt anyone before they met da ebil white people

>They're different from us
>Except both are singing about the exact same things at the exact same time.

Rehearsals must have been tense

THAT'S THE JOKE!

But that's right.

Because he doesn't actually care about what he's saying, he just wants gold.

>Native Americans were a peaceful people before Europeans invaded

I'm so tired of this meme.

Both sides were objectively right in their own way - despite the noble savage trope many of Native American tribes were quite violent, waging constant war and raping, pillaging and (in some cases) cannibalizing each other, and on the other side the Europeans would eventually go on to nearly wipe out most of the Native population and their culture.

Film makes a strong case for ethnonationalism, stronger immigration control, and non-interference.

Dirty redskin devils! Now we sound the drums of war!

>That's what you get when the races are diverse!
WOW.Was Raimi involved with this?

10/10 lyrics right there

The movie literally shows otherwise, why are you so triggered?

This really, it always plays out as "hippies vs white devils"

>Native American tribes were quite violent, waging constant war and raping, pillaging and (in some cases) cannibalizing each other

Except for maybe the part of eating eachother the european were the same, and so do the asian and african people, i guess Native american get a pass becouse they almost got erased from history.

Well the Indians in the beginning of the movie came home after slaughtering other Indians.

Because wanting to make a profit means you're pure evil.

Funny you talk about this now:

youtube.com/watch?v=2ARX0-AylFI

Made 123456789 anti-sjws comit suicide

The original lyric is even better

>They're whole disgusting race is like a curse!

Are you forgetting?
>They're not like you and me, which means they must be evil!

CASUALS! CASUALS!

BARELY EVEN HUMAN!

Also Objectively true. Other people's values and morals are differently and therefore shit.

Gotta censor that shit cus we cant show the villain being actually evil and teaching the kids that acting like this is wrong!

That feel when cherokee ancestors actually had a nation of townships supported by wandering bands of hunter gather tribes.
Hierarchy of Cheifs, Irrigation, Crop rotation, Could have been good.
This is never mentioned in favor of "muh hippie in perfect harmony with nature tribals"

my bark is worse than my bite :)

We must sound the drums of war!

Yeah, how dare they not suck the land they live on dry of life for extremely temporary profits like any correctly minded person should and would.

youtube.com/watch?v=F0TEvK-mjlg

Beneath that milky hide, there's emptiness inside.

But that was so obvious it shouldn't needed to have been stated, or should I put a Congressional reaction image up with this? Nah, you do it, I'm sure yours is way funnier.

Adulthood is realizing he was correct.

Let's discuss quantum entanglement everyone!

>Drumpfs of war*

Yeahhh user, Dinsey know about that!

I'm about 9 minutes in.
This video doesn't seem to have anything to do with SJWs or Anti-SJWs. She's examining the movie Pochahontas and Disney's pitfalls in trying to push the quality of their films in a different direction.

What gives?

Something, something, something, something, pearls, diamonds, sapphires, rubies and emeralds instead.

Except one of those movies was actually good and the other was intentionally tiresome.

>real life Ratcliffe got flayed alive and then cooked by the Indians
>the Indians actually tricked him by offering to share supplies with the starving colonialists
>if he actually acted like his Disney counterpart he probably would have survived

Talks about cultural appropriation after 10 mins

She's right about the grandma scenes at the end

I like the song overall but the lyrics are truly terrible

>They're not like you or me
>Which means they must be evil

That's a good summation of their reasoning but it's not something anyone would ever outright say

>facetious garbage thought in action, but can it go the distance
>the answer remains no
>the answer will continue to elude him until he stops calling people nigger
Maybe they're all psychic bro.

I enjoyed hearing Jim Cummings sing "The pale face is a demon" using the same voice he uses for Tigger

You wouldn't outright say almost anything in a Disney song. You don't think the characters are supposed to be literally singing 30% of their lives, do you? Songs in Disney films are just the characters giving their inner thoughts and narration, but in a fancy and entertaining way. There's no need to skirt around the fact that the two races hated each other, that's quite literally what each side was thinking.

Or maybe, just maybe, the main demographic for most Disney movies are kids. Who may not have the most advanced vocabulary, meaning that said summation is good to hammer in the point for a lot of them.

Don't fuck the tree, Sup Forums.

>people complaining about Noble Indians and Evil Whites
>even though the movie obviously showed that both sides had evil xenophobes and nice guys in equal number
>actually the whites may have had more nice guys in this movie

You ever get the feeling Sup Forumssters look for reasons to feel persecuted where there are none?

Except the Indians in the movie were also singing about savages and how different is evil.

Horseshoe theory is real Horse man.

So you havent seen the movie right?

how new are you to believe anyone on this site uses fictional depictions of sensitive or volatile issues to actually discuss said depictions
this isn't even the new normal, it just is

I thought she approached it in an appropriate and analytical way.

She was frothing at the mouth, spouting half-baked arguments like most people.
She had a point about cultural appropriation and carried on with that idea through the video. She really doesn't say that SJWs are right or Anti-SJWs are wrong or vice-versa.
I don't see how this RiPs Sup Forumstards.

>when you beat people at their own game and you do it so fucking well that they're salty forever

You may have your cause and effect mixed up there along with your moral alignment

Nobody with any common sense claims this. It doesn't justify what happened to them after. Just like how Black people inventing slavery doesn't justify the rest of the world going along with it either.

>we can do it, but you can't
Fuck off.

two wrongs don't make a right user

Reminder that the real Pocahontas was a cute 12-year-old who did naked cartwheels to entertain the colonists

>It's only wrong when you do it to us
Again fuck off and take your holier than thou moralism with you.

but your morals are even more "holier-than-thou" user

>It's only wrong when you do it to us
Nail on the head.
>captcha: cale exit
Damn it Google, stop doing that.

Nobody mentioned Sup Forums you autist.

This is one of my favorite Disney songs
And the unedited is way better, fuck trying not to offend Indians

When will we get a movie about the noble white settlers who kill vile savages?

Is that Rilla Roo's mouth?

no it isn't

>That scene where the colonists start selling Listerine to the natives
That was a bit fucked up

>Sup Forums so far gone that people are attacking Pocahontas with their Sup Forums bullshit while having not seen it.

>lol who cares

Then it zooms in and shows him posting on Sup Forums from a cellphone.

Pocahantas fucking sucked. It was on the downhill of disney movies entering the dark era of sequels.

>Except for maybe the part of eating eachother the european were the same
Not true, read up on the early days of Jamestown.

But really, the depiction of Native Americans as "noble savages" is a tired old meme. They weren't particularly noble or savage, ultimately the reason they lost out was because they all thought they could use the Europeans as tools in their own tribal political games. Most of them didn't see the settlers as a common threat until it was too late.

Underrated post.

It's a song. Songs only ever express shallow oversimplified things.

>most people on here are too immature or stupid to handle racial and historical themes from a 90s Disney movie

This somehow doesn't surprise me

They were also both air breathing mammalians belonging to the homo sapiens species.

Doesn't mean that their cultural differences and differing moral codes wouldn't cause clash.

You mean show tunes.

Whoever made this pic completely defeated their own point just by making it. How many Sup Forums-made comics even mention Sup Forums, outside of board tans?

It was made by another Sup Forumsmrade.

No, I mean songs in general. Even the deepest songs remain on the shallow end because it's simply not a proper media to explore any topic with appropriate depth.
And that's fine, it makes them more relatable.

To be fair on the cannibalism thing, by the time the English got there the Native tribes were basically living in a post-apocalyptic scenario. North America had literally just been ravaged by quite possibly the worst series of plagues in human history. 90% of the population of North America fell to smallpox and other European diseases working their way north from where the Spanish landed and made contact. The Black Death only killed around 30 to 60% of the population of Europe. What was formally a land teeming with people became basically empty wilderness quite suddenly.

The entire history of music? Nah. Maybe stuff from the last couple centuries.

>lazy polandball recolor
You're right, totally not Sup Forums's style.

Most of music before that doesn't even qualify as "songs".

She's still doing stuff. Cool.

You're clearly ignorant on the subject.

>something being different makes it untrustworthy

Wow.

I know Sup Forums has its claws pretty deep in this board, but damn, that's some incredible stupidity right there.

yep, same with the aztecs. they where in the middle of they political games when the europeans came. If only the natives could see what would happen to them maybe they would have stoped fighting between them and actually do something with the europeans.

>Can't actually argue against the point and just resorts to name calling and accusations
Every time

Why does something being different make it automatically untrustworthy?

I mean, the 'different = bad' thing doesn't even work here, as humans are essentially the same everywhere, but there's no reason why variation from what you're used to in and of itself is untrustworthy.

You clearly don't understand that songs primarily involve singing. Most of what is revered as the height of classical music doesn't.
Also opera generally isn't deep for shit.

>cutting the romantic climax of your film (If I Never Knew You) because you couldn't decide whether the story was aimed at 4-year-olds or adults

Pocahontas was doomed from the start.

It honestly would have been exactly the same for the average person, the Aztecs would have most likely won it without the plauges and they were not gracious winners .

Ultimately, whether something is trustworthy is inherent to the subject. A man can be trustworthy or he can be untrustworthy; if he is one of these things, he is this thing no matter how different he is from you or how little you know about him.

The a man you don't know isn't untrustworthy. A man you don't know is untested by you, individually. Assuming untrustworthiness will only cause you to act in an untrustworthy manner, and will create enemies without necessity. There's a difference between being cautious and condemning everything unknown as inherently treacherous.

I don't know why people target this song. Disney songs are always campy and on-the-nose.

>We don't like
>What we don't understand
>In fact it scares us
>And this monster is mysterious at least

They have different morals, backgrounds, values, and priorities. Any Thing you share will merely be coincidental overlap, as you will still clash over the big things. Trusting someone like that is foolish.

Ultimately, most human priorities are the same, even if their window dressing is different. The idea that no common ground exists between men of different nations or creeds is patently ridiculous.

There is no point in assuming that the unknown will always be malign towards you, and letting this colour your own actions toward the malign.

That's some impressive reality denial my man