I like occult related capeshit and comics. Can you recommend me stuff to read?

I like occult related capeshit and comics. Can you recommend me stuff to read?

I've gone through JL Dark and Constantine so far.

Demon Knights is more fantasy, but I'd say it fits.

The Alan Moore and Scott Snyder Swamp Thing runs.
Animal Man, Morrison and Lemire.
The New 52 Dial H.
Morrison's Doom Patrol and the YA Doom Patrol.

Have you read the original Hellblazer series? If not, read that.
The Books of Magic miniseries is pretty good at laying the groundwork and rules for magic in the DCU

How'd you like JL Dark?

5 issues miniseries.

>original Hellblazer

didn't like it much. art was too old and story hard to digest

Try again. Delano and Ennis are Constantine's true writers.

IDW's Locke & Key.

Sandman of course, but why bother mentioning Sandman when everyone's expected to have read it.

>Locke & Key

yeah this was really good

Clive Barker's New Testament was also spooky in the "mad god" sort of way

Was Justice League Dark or Demon Knights actually any good?

I avoided most reboot books at the time.

Faggot. You're the reason why Constantine has gone to shit

JLD is kind of medicore, but Demon Knights was a fun fantasy book.
Milligan was on JLD at the start, and didn't seem to really know what he wanted to do with it in my opinion. Lemire took over, but I honestly can't remember any of the story arcs besides the Trinity War crossover

>Dematteis Dr Fate, Spectre and Phantom Stranger
>John Smith's Scarab
>Gerber's Dr Fate
>Wagner's Madame Xanadu
>Morrison's Seven Soldiers
>Ostrander's Spectre

Golden Age Doctor Fate. But stop reading once he gets a mask redesign and becomes a doctor, it turns into generic superhero comics there.

Ostrander Spectre's a good place to start too.

I've never seen a worse opinion in my life. Classic Hellblazer is PURE occult comic, and the complexity is what sells it.

I feel bad recommending Marvel, but try Darkhold, Witches, Hellstorm: Prince of Lies, and Druid.

This is what happens when you mix Fringe and Hellblazer.

Also, Hellblazer.
And the 6 issues Ellis, Shalvey y Bellaire did for Moon Knight.

I like it when occult is unprepared for the simple power of pure unadulterated superpowered heroism and gets its shit slapped since it was built for squashing mentally unstable everymen who's minds buckle at the world out of the ordinary.

Like the Leatherfaced Jason Krueger shows up and tries to kill someone but his chain-chete breaks across their chest before he gets his undead-emonic self punched into space.

That example is humorous hyperbole, I'm fine with just the more sage-like arcane heroes working on the spell to banish the threat they face while the larger-than-life Hero holds it off from making further purchase into reality with superpowered rough-housing and heroic will, tackling the problem together from different angles.

HELLBOY? BPRD?

Things began to get shitty after the apocalypse happened.

Specifically Abe's line of comics, they were without argument the worst.

Leatherface, Jason or Freddy have nothing to do with occult.

On that note tho, Simon Dark is basically a heroic slasher villain. He runs around Gotham killing the absolute shit out of criminals while looking an awful lot like Michael Myers. I wish DC would give him another run, maybe a mini around the Halloween season.

Thankfully In Hell was great. But only the New York, Iosif and Howard parts of BRPD were particularly good. Fenix can especially fuck off.

I've never seen an opinion on Sup Forums more wrong than this, which is saying a lot.

Brosef is best character

Your name isn't Slag, right?

He sounds kind of cool.
>Gotham
Has he interacted with Batman? What with the Bat getting petulant and stroppy when it comes to both vigilantes in Gotham or people that kill.

Wha-Why... Context?

Delano's run goes a bit fucky, skip to Ennis.

Then, once you've developed some taste, go back to Delano.

most underrated DC series of the past decade

John's very first enemy back when he was trying out magic was his friend's mother. Chas' mother had a monkey for a familiar, and it's name was Slag ("Because she's a Slag). He knew that he was outmatched by her, so he decided to seduce the monkey, then one night, image related happened

The monkey was also a sexual abuser, and if it was the Mom's familiar, then it means that she was molesting her son

Hellboy.

I liked Delano. It's true that it starts with a weak foot, but I've memories of reading it in order, not really getting hooked, and then I got to The Fear Machine and couldn't stop.

Huh, thanks user. I'm still behind on Hellblazer.

>the state of the fucking board