What was the point of this character? Being a bitch?

What was the point of this character? Being a bitch?
Does anyone even like her?

Other urls found in this thread:

journals.sagepub.com/doi/abs/10.1068/p6626?journalCode=peca
sites.duke.edu/dukeresearch/2016/08/10/beauty-is-in-the-ear-of-the-beholder-too/
odt.co.nz/news/dunedin/mixed-race-faces-appeal-more-study
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

To hype her up for the sequel and replace Mary-Jane as Spidey's love interest.

Which so far seems to be flopping spectacularly seeing how fans are going on how she's the worst part of the movie.

I thought the worst part of the side characters roster was Flash, or was it a tie between the two?

Brown MJ was cute

considering this is the 100th thread about her, she seems popular enough.

no. she's fucking boring and I'm only too glad that she barely got any lines.

Yes, she's a bitch, purely for the sake of being a bitch. "Ooh, I have no friends because I'm so edgy and outspoken"

I hope Green Goblin throws her off a fucking bridge

Dubs of truth. Its clear that she had more of a presence in an earlier cut and they pussied out last minute, but left the MJ thing just to gauge what they should do with her character. Comic fans, Raimi fans, and the general audience just want red headed Mary Jane apparently. Shes not offensive, just pointless

I liked her

Same

>she seems popular enough.

I think 'popularity' implies a degree of positivity or being liked. Michelle has been mostly negatively received.

Just like white Mary. They're all cunts and sluts you will mary.

The only way her character to be redeemed is making her the daughter/granddaughter of J Jonah Jameson, Michelle Jones Jameson.

she reminded me of girls I knew in high school so i think it worked out the way they wanted it to

She's actually quite realistic, most if not all high school girls are cunts

Flash was just boring. Michelle was actively annoying.

So is anyone screen capping these posts who don't like her. I can already see after the next Spider-Man movie, every one is going to be calling her the representation of MJ and going
>muh waifu
On a full scale

Where? We know Sup Forums hates her but what of outside?

If you leave out the Sup Forums and Sup Forums threads its been nothing but positive.

To appeal to the "alternative hip" crowd
Basically inverse of the chipotle nutella avocado eating valley girls and hope to score brownie points for that

Flash at least served a purpose. He wasnt the Flash we wanted or knew from the source material, but he was at least a bully (and a faggot) that tempted Peter to abuse his gifts. Michelle just shows up randomly, adding nothing, and is just pointless setup for a OC character no one wanted

With white people dying off and becoming a minority they needed to appeal to the future of the free world. I'm just looking forward to an end to wars and racism but the change in movies is nice too.

Is this a Sup Forums and Sup Forums thread?
Anyway, there's literally nothing redeeming about this character. Every line is a bitchy out-of-nowhere bitter comment. She doesn't appreciate anything. She never says anything positive.
The only people I imagine that like this character are just like her: fedora-lords

i want to see her tits.

From my experience most didnt care for her, at least from what Ive personally viewed via twitter and Facebook comments attached to movie news. I think even a few clickbait SJW sites hated her for being "not enough"

Usually I agree with guys on here but I'm starting to feel it is legit just because she's black

>Marvel tries to make Peter's cast of school buddies reflect this generation
>everyone hates millennials
>movie fails
>THE END

her point was to trigger retards like you who get annoyed by characters who are in the movie for a total of 7 minutes and barely did anything important to the plot yet you're caught up on it because her name is MJ even though its Michelle Jay instead of Mary Jane so its technically not the same MJ so your reason for getting triggered is pointless aside from nitpicking and Sup Forums memes.

OP never mentioned anything about her being MJ

It doesn't look like we'll get the 'Flash is a fan of Spidy and eventually learns to be a better person after having a role model' dynamic that I've been craving for all these years.

>I think even a few clickbait SJW sites hated her for being "not enough"
how about some links fampai. im bored and want to read them

>with white people dying off
Sup Forums actually believes this

Stay strong, Michelle. I know what it's like to be hated by multitudes of people just for being black. It gets better, and if you need anything I'll be here for you.

>not liking tsundere girls
Anta baka?

Its because she's ugly too.

And my twitter and facebook experience suggests otherwise.

They've never been a good source to gauge the general consensus.

>Actually, they are called Native Americans

Did anyone else physically cringe at this in the theater? MJ was was pretty much a reminder that the producers WANTED to put in more social justice bullshit, but someone (hopefully marvel) kept them at bay.

>In the theater on cheap Tuesday
>full audience cause I chose the only non 3d show.
>everyone is mostly reactive to the best bits of the movie
>MJ drop
>dead silence

Outlook is hopeful user.

>Hey Peter wanna sniff gasoline and run over kangaroos?

I don't understand how anyone can summon up the energy to dislike her - she wasn't in the movie long enough to dislike. She didn't do anything remotely important and had next to no dialogue - she was just there, making up the numbers of Peter's classmates.

If it hadn't been for the "My friends call me MJ" line - which came out of nowhere, and seemed to serve no purpose other than to make it obvious (as if it wasn't already) that she was a future love interest - I don't think anyone would've given the character a second thought.

True, and the sad part is studios look at those reactions when making decisions.
I thought the Indian line was forced. You know what every normal person would have said? "Whatever, nobody fucking cares". I dont even think Native Americans care

I thought some of her scenes were funny and it's not like she had much of a presence in the film so she didn't really annoy me.

He wasn't black. He was Greek. Though that still doesnt make him white. Whitey doesn't like us neither unless we are serving them juh-eye-rohs.

I liked her, but "sarcastic bitch" is my favorite female love interest archetype.

What bothers me is that she's just that.
It's the same question OP posed
What even is her purpose
Why write a character that's only that.
I really don't understand
I expected her to do something else but no she's just a cunt and that's it.

It would have made more sense if she was a native american and speaking on their behalf.

Also it's funny when these black characters speaking for another minority are written by white people because it means it's not even black people speaking it.

Orange is the New Black made me cringe so hard this year because of it.

>ugly
Nigga. You gay.

1: whites are already a minority
2: we whites will never die off cause prolong exposure over many generations will lighten or darken the natives skin colour based on their climate.
3: the free world isn't so racially insecure that they need people of their skin color in various roles to enjoy a story.

Great, this thread for the 11th day in a row

The theatre I was in was packed and from what I could tell, a lot of people enjoyed Michelle's scenes, even the Washington monument one. They were silent at the MJ reveal though.

oh look a fridge

But Tinkerer said it, not MJ. Michelle made the line about the Washington Monument which was stupid simply because her statement was overly simplified and overall a shit joke

millennials are all out of high school now.

>black characters speaking for another minority are written by white people
My Bendis sense is tingling!

Spider-Man Homecoming is like going on holiday, then coming home to discover the guy you left looking after your guinea pig has bought a new guinea pig and put it in your guinea pig's enclosure

It's cute and fluffy and likes being held, but it's not what you wanted, you wanted your guinea pig, this just feels like an awful offensive lie.

There are only three Spider-Man characters in Spider-Man Homecoming done right, and one of them is given the wrong name, everything else feels like a horrible lie

she's so perflat

Laura Harrier is cuter and should've been MJ instead of her

Me too. I honestly think a lot of people are overreacting. Even if you did find her that annoying, her screentime amounts to like, 3 and a half minutes.

>i want to see her tits.

What tits?

Delicious Flat Chest. And I never liked MJ anyways, Gwen is the one for Peter so I'm all for the brown cutie

I mean, he said it sheepishly and unconfidently enough that it was mostly interpreted as an in-universe nitpick.

I do

Who is she really?? I can't get a straight answer from anyone.

I like how Sup Forums is forcing itself to believe Marvel is somehow against Michelle and the politically correct aspects of the movie and that they were somehow forced in by Sony and will be done away in the sequel.

Michelle J. Nicknamed "MJ". A reimagining of Michelle Gonzáles from the comics given Mary-Jane's classic nickname to tease Michelle's status as Peter's endgame in the MCU.

Amazing Spider-Man had that iirc

she is like the live action JANNA , from star vs the forces of evil.

And that's why I love her

>daughter/granddaughter of J Jonah Jameson

Man I never knew about her. How many girls has peter fucked?

nice headcanon

I thought was a common trope have a character bitching just because in any movie. And since Peter is a no balls fag with any girl nowadays in every media...

I would have been fine with her if she was an original character instead of an obvious soft reboot of Mary Jane.

Kevin Feige has explained it often.

I mean, as loath as I am to agree with Sup Forums they're not wrong. Humans are hard coded to seek increased genetic diversity within a certain limit (possibly because we're actually really genetically bottlenecked). It's why people of mixed race are often so attractive. They're genes are incredibly diverse but not so different from your own that you perceive them as a member of an out group. White people will probably go extinct at some point due to the intermingling of races, but it's not really a problem, it's just what we're genetically disposed towards.

>juh-eye-rohs.

Jew eye rolls?

Kevin Feige comes over to my house for Taco Wednesdays. Im sure I would have heard him say something about it

>half breeds are attractive

No, they're not, that's just your opinion and even with that, most mixed people are not universally considered attractive.

and neither are most pure blooded

Science suggests otherwise
journals.sagepub.com/doi/abs/10.1068/p6626?journalCode=peca
sites.duke.edu/dukeresearch/2016/08/10/beauty-is-in-the-ear-of-the-beholder-too/
odt.co.nz/news/dunedin/mixed-race-faces-appeal-more-study

We all know that in the second movie something is going to happen and she's gonna end up changing her looks to be more like MJ or Peter is going ask her to prom or something and she's going to dye her hair red, put some make up and say "Face it,tiger you just hit the jackpot"

Silly user here millennials mean "people younger or with the same age as me as me that I don't like"

I didn't mind this Flash too much because of what you said. To me it didn't seem like that many people disliked Peter and it was just Flash and his group of friends, who probably hanged out with him because he was rich

100% what I was thinking. She's going to be the "be careful who you make fun of in high school" girl who ends up being incredibly hot once they age this Peter up to college age.

Does gen z even have a name yet? It's about time old people got off our case and started harassing the new generation of young people.

There's still a little bit of that in Homecoming.
>Flash calling Spidey sir and giving him his ride.

And I legit feel the only people on Sup Forums defending it are shills.

Neither of us are right.

same

Maybe that's why he keeps egging Peter to have spider-man show up. Maybe he's secretly hoping he actually will so he can suck his spider-dick.

hear-ohs you mean.

>Actually, they are called Native Americans
Are you serious? You are angry because of one line? You have serious anger issues to get mad at something like that

She was just a comic relief for this movie. I didn't find her annpying but her role didn't amount to much.

Ned, Peter and Toomes?

Not angry, just annoying really. Its like the same vein as grammar nazis who feel the need to correct people in discussions, nobody cares, its not important, and its not even a funny joke within context. Its just a weak line in the movie really

Well not in the movie.

yeah

I think you mean she's going to say "Face it whitey, your oppression of PoCs just hit jackpot"

I honestly think it's the opposite and that Disney will force them to double down. I truly think Sony was on board until the reaction to the rumor which seemed to be like FemmeBusters and they wanted to back down and just make her MG. Where as Disney/Feige seems like the faggots to say "NO, WE WANT ZENDAYA AS MJ SO HER INITIALS WILL BE MJ."

Just like they snuffed Ben and changed the character Manuel to Flash when they couldn't have black Mary-Jane.

>and its not even a funny joke within context. Its just a weak line in the movie really
I don't know, people laugh at my theater and i thought it was funny