Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=87ZJp_mILAI
youtube.com/watch?v=VOPY-nnfmk8
youtube.com/watch?v=tgCzKdKH0VY&t=54s
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

You first.

Huh? Alright.

>ASHI, YOU HAVE AKU'S POWERS?!?

Spider-Man's parents are evil robots fueled by life force and Adrian Toomes absorbed that life force to become young again.

Bruce Wayne got over a cracked spine. Because fuck you. Not even magic just fuck you. Same with Barbara.
Most of Bleach.

I don't get it.

Context: This a series where people have super powers via what is essentially chakra. This character suddenly, with no foreshadowing, comes back from dying because he told his rubber-element chakra to bring his heart and lungs back after he dies.

OH
MY
KRYPTONIAN STASIS

>Most of Bleach
>"A the Almighty"

Thanks for reminding me.

>Let's sacrifice ourselves to an eternity of dying over and over in order to keep Thanos trapped into the Cancerverse forever like the big huge heroes we are
>Literally minutes later
>Wait, hold on, lemme use the Nova Force and this Cosmic Cube to open a doorway to our universe even thought Thanos is standing RIGHT THERE
>Also, I will be left behind here because I'm a retard now, apparently

The new Nova book handled this very well.

O

MY

AKU

POWERS

Honestly the 5th season just kept getting worse the more episodes you went in.
Ripping off TTGL's ending was just the cherry on top.

Why wouldn't she?

No kidding, just goes to show that you shouldn't put as much faith into someone like we did with Genndy. We really overestimated his abilities with story writing. Though, honestly if he had finished it around the time it was still going with a move, we would have most definitely gotten a better ending. Just how the creative flow works.

>HERE'S TEN PAGES OF ADS!

Never stops being funny.

Not an asspull. It was well established that Nen can still function if it's owner is dead. You autistic speedreaders need to calm the hell down.

>Aku's daughter has Aku's powers

I suppose no one should have expected any different. Samurai Jack never had writing. It has one off adventures that happened to use the same characters. There was never going to be a satisfying wrap up of a show that didn't have a plot in the first place. Much like Dark Souls, only a few unconnected blurbs were spread about. People filled in the blanks and imagined the connected plot on their own.

You need to stop playing into OP's nefarious plan to discuss whatever mango that is in an inappropriate board.

There is a big difference between your Nen having ontological inertia and being able to raise the dead just because.

It's kind of daft even in context.

What makes it better is if you apply a bit of head canon, and assume Hisoka is still completely dead. His Nen couldn't truly revive him, and is just piloting around a corpse that's pretending to be him based on his last orders.

>Samurai Jack never had writing
youtube.com/watch?v=87ZJp_mILAI

O MY SUDDEN AIRBENDING
O MY GIANT SPIRIT FORM OUT OF NOWHERE

I never watched past season 2 by the way.

I hate you people.
It's never to talk about Sup Forums material, it's to have a Jojo thread on Sup Forums because Sup Forums hates you.

CW2 was terrible from the start, it was so completly nonsensical and pointless, even more than the original CW.

They literally just slapped together an event and named it "Civil War 2" to bank on the new Captain America movie coming out.

No one has brought up Jojo in this thread except for you.

HxH isn't Jojo.

ANTI
THANOS
MISSILES

That can't even kill She-Hulk.

>27 posts
>3-4 posts about the OP image
fuck off

Hm, it's almost like Samurai Jack had good singular episodes with plot elements that COMPLETELY VANISHED after the specific episode was done. Making for good singular entries that exist in a largely episodic and unconnected show, but just enough thread for people to desperately grasp at in hopes of more.

It's almost like this is exactly what I said.

>I AM BULLET PROOF
>so am I
>NOOOOOO!

Let me sum it up for you.
>O MY AIRBENDERS
>O MY TALK NO JUTSU

youtube.com/watch?v=VOPY-nnfmk8
>Posts examples of story being interconnected through episodes as Jack develops as an individual in separated and controlled stories that were implied to have pay off during the ending
>DOESN'T COUNT

Like I said, the main reason the ending was shit was because Genndy was practically disconnected with the show at this point which is why the current ending we have flows so horribly compared to the past few seasons. It had story, it just wasn't up in your face with it 24/7. Saying it has no story is completely stupid and a shitty justification as to why Season 5 was a bad season.

Genndy became another George Lucas, though in this case the fans had a hand in clamoring for him to be so.

That is the best moment, how dare you

Your video still doesn't debunk what I said. You have good singular episodes, as I said, in a series full of unconnected things. The vast majority do not call on each other or respect lessons that Jack already learned. Much less call on skills he picked up in other episodes. Worse, in the original run these 'connected' episodes were only used for 'woah that's cool!" moments that didn't advance the plot.

By the end of these kinds of 'connected' episodes, something would always happen to ensure the status quo was preserved so the next episodes could keep pretending they exist in a vacuum. Which makes them only barely better than the vacuum style episodes. Though much worse in other respects cause they created false hope (at the time) that the series was actually going somewhere.

okay so in this anime people fight using a life force called Nen. Nen has checks and balances in place to prevent power creep, so there's no character who can just solo everyone. One rule of Nen is that after someone dies a little bit is left over and can do some real annoying shit before fading. Person in that pic was literally BTFO. like, dead. Unlike in previous cases this guy demands his nen to bring him back to life after he's dead. now besides the fact that being dead as long as he was would destroy his brain this is the first time such a thing has been done in the series so it comes off as an ass pull.

O, MY GREEN TITS...!!

Sweetheart I was extremely satisfied with SJ S5. My only complaint was that the finale was too short.

Over arching story is that he has to get back to the past and multiple episodes touch on him attempting to get back to the past, over time he learns things from his journey which help him get out of deadly situations. The show's connected, it's just not up in your face about it, like I said. Here are some examples of Jack displaying that his time in the future over the past few seasons have helped him grow as a combatant and character.

Episode XXXIV: Jack and the Swamp Monster (Has become more aware of Aku's trickery and attempts to foil Jack)
Episode XLVI: Scotsman Saves Jack, Part 2 (Displays that in comparison to when they first met, Jack has become much more capable as a warrior and that the gap between him and The Scottsman has grown drastically)
Episode XLIV: The Princess and the Bounty Hunters (Compared to earlier episodes such as when he went up against the imakandi and lost) Jack is now capable of taking down multiple battle hardened & extremely lethal bounty hunters all within the span of 5 seconds or less.
Episode XLIX: The Four Seasons of Death (He's showcased that he's much less gullible and innocent compared to how he was in previous seasons)

>Woah, that's cool moment!
It's an action show and your main character is supposed to be "cool." That's the point, doesn't mean the show's completely devoid of any story.

The episodes aren't connected in the way you think they are, but over all they do have connections when you look at the story over all. And while it's slow going Jack does develop as a person & warrior. Am I saying it has "extremely deep" lore? No, I'm not. Though, when you say it doesn't have a story, that's just false. We're constantly reminded that Jack is going to get back to the past at some point or another and there are recurring points within the show that tell us that his stories aren't completely separated from one another.

>Sweetheart
Is this some sort of thing online? Plague of Gripes does it when he's being explicitly smug and condescending over something he likes.

Tumblr people like to use feminine terms of endearment ironically in order to smash the patriarchy, so crossposters do it too because nobody tells them to stop.

O MY SUDDEN AIRBENDING
O MY JINORA
O MY JINORA AGAIN
O MY SUDDEN SPIRIT BENDING

>I STOPPED TIME
>so did I
>NOOOOO

it's basically every final battle

>Genndy became another George Lucas
Is this another REEEEEEEE WHY DIDN'T IT GO HOW I WANTED!! things? Season 5 was glorious.

Literaly born from aku

Already showed she could shape shift and regen

How is it an ass pull?

I'm not denying that. Though he is a competent director / action story board artist. He just can't tell a story that well.

Comparing him to George Lucas is a different matter entirely. They're two different cuts of cloth.

>seemingly impossible situation
>basically bestow a get back to the past for free card onto Jack

Its legitimately a textbook example of deus ex machina.

What wouldnt be an asspull if Jack got Aku to send him back somehow, or he finds the Guardian, pretty much anything except what we got.

Nah, the guy has talent and passion and he always did, he just can't write a story for shit.

I conceede the point. The series is connected on a much more subtle level.

Though I will still take fault that larger lessons/skills aren't reoccurring. The series extension at least did a callback to the ninja of light thing, but most things like that get thrown to the side after Jack does them once. Like that episode where he has the mecha arm cause he needs the extra raw strength to cut through some new super robots, but when it loses power he has to call upon a higher power to activate the sword.

"Jump Good" is another common criticism, though on that I will admit it's hard to tell because sometimes he Jump Good and sometimes it's like it never happened.

I mean, yeah. The show's definitely not perfect and has consistency errors. Like when he confronted his inner anger and learned to control it yet it comes back and haunts him later in Season 5, stuff like that bothered me a lot.

Genndy's not perfect and we were wrong for assuming he'd make something capable of saving western animation. Story is not Samurai Jack's strongest aspect, that's certainly true and that's due to Genndy's sub-par writing skills.

I get the distinct feeling the series was never meant to 'end' as such. It was about the growth and troubles of Jack. Not saving the world or getting the girl. Somehow I feel a more thematically appropriate 'end' to the show would have been Jack accepting his new life in the future, defeating Aku, and slowly converting the world back to a nice place. With a nebulous feeling that there is still plenty to clean up from there even without Aku because a warrior's task is never done.

Something along those lines, anyway.

source on gif?

Yeah, show never had that feeling of a nearby ending. Last episode before we got Season 5 was just Jack saving a baby from some troll, show's just one of those Mobius Lines that are meant to go on for as long as possible.

>Jack accepting his new life in the future, defeating Aku, and slowly converting the world back to a nice place.
I was hoping that'd be the ending too, showing that he failed but can make up for it by improving the future to an even better state. Kinda like with Jack and Ashi, hope isn't loss, it's still prevalent and waiting to burst into a thriving/positive reality. Good example of that is Ashi herself. Ending felt very unsatisfying.

Maybe soften the blow of failure by [heavily] implying Aku isn't something that was going to be defeated at a cheap cost. Not if you wanted to kill him in a permanent manner, anyway. The easy option being to seal him, again, for another future generation to deal with.. again.

Sup Forums, my man. You'd be better asking Sup Forums.

I wasn't even expecting him to die, it's been stated that the sword is incapable of killing him entirely, though Aku could have been lying. Honestly, just because it was an action show I was just hoping it'd be a massive show down between Jack & Aku similar to the graveyard episode.

youtube.com/watch?v=tgCzKdKH0VY&t=54s

So maybe it just takes way too much effort to actually kill Aku. Shallow thing to point out but it really is an action show at heart and not having a satisfying fight to seal it off really felt weird to me. That a long with the shitty writing.

>The easy option being to seal him, again, for another future generation to deal with.. again.
Maybe some kind of magic to seal him away permanently, leaves room for possible sequels and can just be satisfying period if you handle it correctly. Idk, hindsight is 20/20 so really most anything is fair game at this point besides what Genndy did.

When will kids learn the difference between a twist and an asspull.

Batman in the Justice League

Your turn.

HxH's writing has the properties of both Twist and Asspull.

>"A the Asspull"

I don't even think it was that big of an asspull, kek. I just know it triggers people and will get replies.

It was established in York New that Nen can break rules using limitations and vows.

It's a structured power with a loophole exploited to increasing extrems, starting with Kurapika literally giving himself God Mode to Gon forcefully aging himself forward to the point that he'd be his most powerful.

Not sure why people can accept someone temporarily transforming into a hypothetical version of themselves but can't accept someone telling their energy to revive them on death.

You'd think that more people than Hisoka would have come up with this by now.

That's pretty debatable. Twists are intentional, asspulls are when you write yourself into a corner and have to make shit up on the fly.

I haven't seen reason to believe that Togashi has pulled the latter, he has a history of weird twists even before HxH, like Kuwabara's Spirit Sword, Territories, Sensui's multiple personalities.

The only thing I can think of that can really be seen as an asspull is shit like Toguro going over "100%" power like a dozen times.

HxH however has set itself up for absurdity from the start. All the crazy shit is probably planned far in advance.

Who's to say they haven't/won't?

And not everyone's Nen powers can do shit like that. Hisoka not only has incredible control over his power, but the powers themselves have unique properties. You can't really revive yourself from death if your power is making fire arrows or sucking things up with a magic vacuum.

>What wouldnt be an asspull if Jack got Aku to send him back somehow, or he finds the Guardian, pretty much anything except what we got.
The difference with those endings would be that nothing lead up to them. So those would be actual asspulls.

Yeah, that's true, easy for me to forget how powerful some characters are. Sorry, I'm rusty with the show.

>asking for sources on Sup Forums
I too like to live dangerously