Secret Service 2 (or how Mark Millar gets paid regardless just to spite people)

Yes...yes.

Be careful OP. I posted the trailer back when it came out, and I got banned for a day. And the thread was well received too!

If the American isn't introduced to the sound of "Save a Horse Ride a Cowboy" i will demand my money back.

Surely they cant ban talking about a comic movie based on a inspirational story about a reformed chav turnes super spy, right?

>tfw loved the first one and hyped for the sequel but hate Millar at the same time
How do you guys live with it

I'm such a Millarfag
I can't wait for this, but wish Superior and Starlight movies were made ASAP

Millar has nothing to do with this one. The first movie BARELY had anything to do with the source material, that's why it was so good.

This is fly as FUCK. I want that dinner jacket.

CUTE!

His comics aren't worth reading but its his way of pitching movies, it also helps the artist involved too giving them a credit.

It amazing how all the movies based on his work are actually better that the books themselves

Also how most have them have little to no connections to the books.

>fucking Wanted

You people will literally fuck anything, won't you?

Then GOOD NEWS, this sequel is pretty much Mathew Vaughn! In fact, he came up with the villain.

Well, that and they got Mathew Vaughn to direct them. He's seriously one of the most underappreciated directors out there these days.

Also, Roxie is probably dead. She didn't get a poster.

... fuck does 'booted' mean? They're wearing boots?

Yep. The American branch is all cowboys.

dr pavel, i'm channing tatum

This shit is so fucking retarded.

The comic had more going for it than the movie though.

Wut, isn't Roxie in the trailers?

The American Branch is lead by Jeff Bridges and all the code names of the Statesmen (The American Kingsmen) are after alcohol. Jack Daniels is the leader's code name.
The comic is pretty dull.
Very little. That's a bad sign for any trailer.

>Suit It and Boot It

'Murica!

>The comic is pretty dull.

It had less action, but the characters had more dynamics to them and the situation/pay-offs were much better.

I haven't even seen the movie and I don't believe you. How low is the bar if it makes the comic look dynamic?

The British version is a bunch of 007 stereotypes and cowboys is where you draw the line?

Well, the trainees other than the main character aren't flat cliche rich jerks.
And the pay off to them all being in training allows them to get into the struggle together.

The family connection between the MC and his Uncle was pretty well handled, and the more somber ending let it stay somewhat impacting.

Never heard the phrase suited and booted?

All of it is retarded. I don't get the appeal.

>Well, the trainees other than the main character aren't flat cliche rich jerks.

You're making my point. 'Flat cliche rich jerk' is still more characterization than 'guys who happen to be there.' And everything about the familial connections was painfully predictable and insubstantial.

No, and I've been clubbing in WeHo. Is there somewhere gayer?

I don't get you man. If you think you're above all this why are you even having a discussion about movie vs. book?

>'Flat cliche rich jerk' is still more characterization than 'guys who happen to be there.

I kinda find it the opposite of characterization.
It's cheap and easy. Meanwhile in the comic - they're just regular guys who don't think that Gary can do it, and end up fighting alongside him.

Just find that way more interesting.
It's less lazy.

They're literally non-characters. There is no substance to them whatsoever. You could have anyone or anything speak their dialogue since it's all expository. You really feel that's "less lazy?"

Yeah, actually.
Making the school into a competition and then having the others be your standard run of the mill rich jocks is...pretty lazy.

And they're not just there in the comic either.
Sure, they're not focused on but they show enough that it's clear they like Gary, are concerned for him, and come to trust him after he saves one of their lives and then figures out the plot.

And what really makes this click more is that they end up all working together to stop the madman's plan without an adult's help. Gives it a next-generation tinge.

I'd pay to hear Mark Strong read the yellow pages, so of course I'm seeing this. I just hope he doesn't end up dating the stateman's tech girl.

I feel like you may have a rose tinted recollection of the book. The only time we see him interact with any of them before the ending is in issue three when we get a single panel of them making fun of him, then we get the alley scene where he saves interchangeable dude #7's life, then he talks to the mechanic who has no character but makes a comment about him being poor, then this scene where they make fun of him for being ignorant and poor, and then they disappear again until he shows up and they all follow him to beat the bad guy.

>Wouldn't fuck Haley Berry

What are you, gay?

You have a weird sense of "making fun of". It's more incredulous and joshing if anything.

And the mechanic comes back around in the end to reroute the signal.

It's just more interesting to see people work together instead of being relegated to cliche jock props.

How about that Abe Sapien movie coming out?

If 'making fun of' is a poor choice of words, what they literally do is say this which makes him so sad that he runs away.

>Did you hear he got Barack Obama and Osama Bin Laden mixed up?
>I'm worried he gets hurt or gets someone else hurt.

Yeah, they're having fun about how ill-qualified he is, but that's because he's showing how ill-qualified he is outside of other skill sets. Then they show actual concern.

In the movie they make "Eggsy" some sort of millitary/knowledgeable person already. Which kinda takes the bite out the premise as well if you ask me.

And then you got the movie where you got flatter "I'm rich, you're poor" cliches.

>s there somewhere gayer?
Key West

>I'd pay to hear Mark Strong read the yellow pages
You're my kind of user

Merlin doesn't have a poster either, just means they won't be main focuses, most likely.

>And then you got the movie where you got flatter "I'm rich, you're poor" cliches.
The comic kind of went the same way with the added "Out with the old and in with the new" flair.

Yeah a bit.
There's this undercurrent that the old stuff is giving way, what with the budget for the spy stuff getting reduced and all.

But I think it works a bit better because it's from Gary is so new and then ends up adopting his Uncle's philosophy and maturing into a well rounded adult.

Where can I get this training?

Not from a jedi

So do you think it's going o follow up with how a ton of world leaders died during the last movie?

No wonder they have Trump as President, all the politicians died.

>Colin Firth isn't dead
S C H W A R B A G E

It always felt like the movie is more nihilistic and violent than the movie is.
I don't really care for Vaughn's work. It's too arch and smug for my tastes. He feels like if Guy Ritchie had more class & restraint but lacked any sort of empathy for his characters.
That being said, Golden Circle looks like the first Vaughn movie that might actually work for me. Seems to be embracing the best aspects of the first film without pretending it's somehow above the kinds of media its homaging/parodying.

The movies are better than the comics. After Kickass and Wanted, I've learned to just wait for the adaption. I've seen Kingsman, but I have no intention of ever reading the comic it's based on.

she probably dies when the mansion gets blown up

i remember watching the "making of" part of the dvd extras
>"we wanted to make something that would stay true to the source material"
>"that's why we will change literally everything"

I really do wonder why the fuck they never tried adapting the book properly, it was one of millars few good comics

why is this dude still alive

i actually gave a shit when he died

Mark Strong is a damn fine actor and the fact that he has an appealing voice with a british accent is the cherry on top. I'd literally murder someone for him to become a bond villain.

/fa/ here. They are dope and normally the only good ones are the classics like black, navy, and wine red. Sometimes a dark chocolate but that is dependent on skin tone. Pair with a good dress pant and dress loafers you'll be the best dressed man there. Normally you want a dress pant with very little break. Or how much it bunches by the ankle. Hope this helps user.

Millar is a great "idea-man" but he is just fucking terrible when it comes to execution.

A good director can take his shitty work, extract the good parts, save a decent concept and make a fun movie in the process.

I ain't even mad desu.

Yes, Vaughn always throws away all the dumb shit Millar puts in his comics in order to make these films good.

>jetpack

>Merlin doesn't have a poster either,

He does, though.

ill take jetpack over dave getting his ass kicked and jerking it to a photo of his crush giving a blowjob to her boyfriend any day of the week

>not Huck
Fag

Right, cause that's what the jetpack replaced.

They really should've stayed with the original idea of Hitgirl killing Red Mist's father.
>b-but Kick-Ass had nothing to do
He already defeated Red Mist and it's much less jarring to see Hitgirl make a quip and murder someone in cold blood than Kickass doing the same.

And it's sorta the "Wanted" issue raised above in that it's part of the whole fabric of Kick-Ass that everyone is actually a sociopath or near to it - and being a "hero" is the only outlet they have that isn't outright villainy.

That's something the, overall worse, second movie got better than the first did.

Adaptions of Millar's works tend to be fairly different from the shitty source material and are actually made by people with talent.

>The American Branch is lead by Jeff Bridges and all the code names of the Statesmen (The American Kingsmen) are after alcohol. Jack Daniels is the leader's code name.
I honestly love everything about this.

>Seems to be embracing the best aspects of the first film without pretending it's somehow above the kinds of media its homaging/parodying.
When did it ever pretend it above it? It never sold itself more than a well executed action movie.

For real.

Wanted, Kick-Ass, and Kingsman are all pretty damned good movies.

That woman is almost 50

GOD I want to make beautiful triracial babies with her

>When did it ever pretend it above it? It never sold itself more than a well executed action movie.

This, the first movie ends with an anal sex joke.