Batman #27 Preview

multiversitycomics.com/previews/batman-27-2/?sf98589364=1
>With “The War of Jokes and Riddles” ramping up, it may seem a little silly to have an ‘interlude’ already. But, then we wouldn’t get a Kite Man focused mini-arc! Kite Man is a Bat-villain that seems primed for a resurgence, especially in this era, where Calendar Man and Cluemaster have been revived. Clay Mann comes on board to pencil the issue, which sees Tom King bring the Kite-Man into the war between the Joker and Riddler, in this post-‘Zero Year’ story. We are thrilled to share an exclusive first look at “Batman” #27, which comes out on July 19th.

Variant

Hell yeah

>the Meme man issues get the best art this book has had yet

Are you fucking kidding me
I actually don't mind the Kite man ongoing joke but the fact they didn't get mann to just do all of War of Jokes and Riddles instead of Poser janin pisses me off

I honestly don't know what all of this mean

XDDD
lel funnah kita may may

>this preview

why the fuck king' side stuff is more thought out than the normal issues?

>no fun allowed

I think he tries too hard on the big things.

Snyder does this too.

They just gotta chill instead of trying to be deep and the BIGGEST STORY E V E R

Clay Mann is so much better drawing superman, I know he is doing this book for money, but man this sucks

where is the fun?

Riddling in my skin!

True. This will be a sad issue as we see the perspective of an average joe type villain in Kite-Man. A D-lister being trampled upon by the A and B-listers. I'm already weeping for Chuck.

This whole Jokes and Riddles thing has got to be one of the shittiest Batman arcs in a while

>dat poser
He's not even trying to hide it anymore.

>Night of Owls
>Death of the Family
>Endgame
>I am Suicide
It's really not

he never tried to hide it, but his paneling was cool enough that it didn't matter

A big bravo to King for the first preview of his entire run without mindless repetition! You did it buddy!

>the only good Batman issue by King is an Elmer Fudd crossover

really makes you think

>he never tried to hide it
I dunno: I dropped Justice League Dark because the Uncanny Valley bothered me so much; but he seemed to at least put some effort into making the faces ... not look like mannequins more recently.

This cover just looks like a still from a video game's cut-scene.

Every time

How can I learn who?

There's also the swamp thing issue and the button/reverse flash issue. And the finale of the bane arc was considerably better than the rest.

>Kite Man
>Afraid of heights

The fuck?

>People think the Elmer Fudd issue is good, going so far as to call it one of the best issues of the year

Really makes you think the industry is completely dead.

Really makes me think cape fans are narrow minded

he doesn't have his gear so he'd be FALLING instead of flying

It seems to be an origin story.

Night of Owls was better than this. Endgame at least had great art and a handful of good scenes holding it up. I'll give you Death of the Family and I am Suicide though.

The Swamp Thing issue and the Ace story in the annual were great.

>Night of Owls was better than this
Bruce Wayne dead brother was not a good idea Scott

How do people tell that the art is poser? I haven't noticed any major stiffness in this arc's art, as opposed to things like Sliney's 2099.

Rebirth is so all over the place with inkers and colorists and this title is the best example of it. His art looked so much better in that proposal issue...

No, but a dumb last issue twist doesn't invalidate the whole rest of the arc and the art was leagues better than Janin's phoned in poser shit.

that was trash

anticrossoverfag pls

poser has a very specific "look" when traced over, not necessarily stiffness or anything

it's hard to explain but it's very much know-it-when-you-see-it

Don't have anything against the idea though and some of the other issues were good.

Characters have their proportions perfectly consistent throughout the comic. You can see it when characters are faraway yet there's no distortion in their anatomy

Was that the only issue he's worked with an artist who was better than serviceable? Lee Weeks is great

Yeah I can't really say how, but it's really obvious to me here . Might be almost an uncanny valley thing going on.

It was actually kind of shocking how good Finch's art was on the Swamp Thing issue. And I guess #21 depends on how you feel about Fabok but I thought it was pretty good.

>It was actually kind of shocking how good Finch's art was on the Swamp Thing issue
That was Mitch gerards

Clay Mann pencils by hand, Janin is the poser tracer

probably why it was so shocking

reminder: that artstyle looks like dog's shit

I never said it wasn't

I miss Greg Capullo art ;___;

Hope you enjoyed it on Reborn cause as long as Snyder is at Dc you'll never get Capullo without him

That's good. I like artists with expressive styles. The Who current Bach of artists using Poser so much that it makes the art suffer.

I don't. Five years was more than enough, and Capullo's faces got pretty horrid and samey. I like that the Rebirth book has a whole slew of artists to shake things up.

but most of the time it has Finch and fucking Janin. Finch has been doing ok work, but Janin is just awful

Still better than all the artists who trace and use Poser.

But I can also understand that Capullo wear on people.

Yeah, I'm not a fan of Janin. Finch actually draws.

Finch's art is just plain ugly. I'll take Janin's stupid poser over Finch's 90s musclefetish garbage.

>meta emo Joker

uh.... this isn't drawn by Finch. What are you smoking? And I'm pretty sure this is the Kiteman issue so it having a different artist is ok with me.

Janin probably shits out issues in a month with his poser shit. Mann actually has to draw from the ground up.

I swear Janin's art looked way better on Grayson than it does on King's Batman. Is he just getting lazier?

yes

mann was also on #24 senpai. drew the scenes with gotham girl

Double shipping probably made him sloppier so he could get it out on time, yes.

looks good to me

Selina says no.

sauce?

Is this an homage or are those Batman covers getting so fucking generic and lazy that they all seem the same?