You faggots told me this show was good...

You faggots told me this show was good. All I saw was four episodes stapled together of characters meandering around with no clear motivation and no real consequences for any of their actions.

Pic related was the only character with actual motivation.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pP2mzK1iQWE
youtube.com/watch?v=UwVCEQsYeIk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I hope you're not implying that you jumped right into the show at that point without watching the first two seasons

And all the episodes I saw before were just gay slice of life bullshit.

Dude, you have no idea who any of those people are, how they got there or what was going on! This is the third season!
These characters are motivated by what happened before, in two whole seasons that set up who Star and Marco are, what their relation to Ludo is, how Star's mother ticks, what connects her to Toffee, who those unconscious people are... Hell, this is the secomd half of an arc!

Ludo wants power, and once he gets that power the Kingdom seems no better or worse than under the King. There's no reason to care.

Well, people with taste actually like the show and enjoy it without nitpicking over useless stuff, which I don't see with you OP.

>demanding simple plot coherence or a reason to care about the character's motivation is nitpicking

You're worse than SU fags.

>Actually subjecting yourself to the first season
No user, you are the fool.

Yeah, you have no idea how Ludo developed. He used to be powerful, before all this. But he lusted after more and in his greed fell from grace, only to claw his way back up, half mad in his desperation. What do you think is the reason he wears a chips bag instead of normal clothing?
The king is an idiot and he nearly ruined the kingdom because he tried to distract himself from being worried sick about his family. See, you have no point of reference to just the week before when things were fine. Before Toffee happened. Before Ludo stole the book, before Starco was confirmed endgame.

OP, if ever you're confused about why a fandom subjects themselves to a shitty show on Sup Forums, the answer is always some combination of waifus, shipping, and lore wankery. You can drop into any general or discussion of Star vs, Steven Universe, or Gravity falls, and this will instantly be shown to be true. All you have to do to get nerds on the internet to fly to your defense and incessantly post about your show is have some reasonably cute girls, have some relationship bullshit, preferrably with multiple cute girls, and put some vagualy defined "deep" backstory to precede it all trickle out information on over several seasons.

trips of truth

>comic relief villain goes through fall from grace

Never seen that before.

>You faggots told me this show was good
Sup Forums has extremely low standards

The 4-parter was like a 6/10 start 4/10 finish.

>I watched the culmination of two seasons of character and plot developments with zero context, and I didn't understand anything
>What a dumb show

Ok then what shows do you like?

it really wasn't all that good

>I jumped in at the beginning of the third season which was picking up from a cliffhanger resulting from two full seasons of build up and I don't understand anything

>characters meandering around with no clear motivation
to be fair, only moon and star had any idea what was going on. That part with Marco and River didn't seem very necessary though, it's almost a filler episode

He's actually one of the best developed character in the show. I'm usually not very keen on redemption stories, since most of them are pretty forced and hinge on crying, but Ludo's journey is certainly winning me over.

I liked how at the end of the movie instead of joining the heroes all of a sudden, he goes into self-imposed exile to collect his thoughts. I like it when character development actually takes it time.

He should really just go mother Buff Frog's kids already.

I watched season 2.

>villain goes into self-imposed exile

Just like my Japanese animes!

I don't understand why Star just did that for him without even asking one question or offering any alternatives.

Could you have possibly formed your own opinion? Neat.

Oh, so you're just retarded then.

And you didn't watch season 1? M8, you're a faggot.

She obviously don't think much of him yet. At least she handed him a bag of chips for the journey.

Getting some serious Cardassian vibes from the lizards.

Much like Gul Dukat, Toffee did nothing wrong.

Friendly lizard tailor who's totally not a spy joining and befriending the main cast when?

Sorry not everyone likes you're gay little shipping show.

>All I saw was four episodes stapled together
>Pic related was the only character with actual motivation.
Maybe give it a chance and actually watch it in fucking order next time. Nobody gives a fuck about your opinion when you don't even give the show a halfway fair chance.

Reminder that if Eclipsa is endgame this show officially has shit writing

I watched season 2 before this, read the thread you cunt.

Your thread is shit and so are you.

He was not comic relief, though. He was the main villain for the first season. Then he got supplanted through his own failings and went murder hobo for all of season two, building an army of rats. Only to find himself again in machinations far, far beyond his understanding. Of course we have seen elements of this before, but playing a villain quite like that is not a common thing. He is truly the tragic protagonist of his own story of treachery, madness and greed. He gets his own episodes, just him against the wilderness. Taming wild beasts, recruiting his minions, fighting for his revenge on the world that hates him so.

>glossaryck
>villain

K TO THE E TO THE K

I'm pretty sure he's trolling. Don't feed the trolls.

>You're worse than SU fags
I think generally people watch the episodes before an opening to a season that's two seasons in before making that kind of call

I meant Ludo, you dumb nigger.

>I watched season 2 before this,
I find that considerably hard to believe given your opinion on Ludo. I bet you just read episode synopses

That post was about Ludo senpai.

While it's true he was the main antagonist of S1, you can't really deny that he was also mainly a comic relief character in that season.

What's really cool is that he went from pure comic relief villain to interesting tragic side character, and usually you see the opposite.

>nobody who watched the show could have a different opinion than me.

But she couldn't even be assed to hand the chips to him, and instead just tossed them after him with no guarantee they won't just fly past him and out of his reach.

If only you actually watched the show.

You already outed yourself earlier then you backpedaled into "oh but I watched season 2"

>you're
You were supposed to prove that you weren't retarded, not confirm it.

>Never seen that before
Where have you seen that before?

ATTENTION MEWMAN WORKERS

well he did try to kill her father and love interest 5 minutes earlier

Watch the first two seasons for context. I don't think you did.

You can have a different opinion, but when you're just stating blatantly false facts and claiming they're opinions we're going to call you retarded you retard.

>being this defensive about some shitty cartoon.

I'm glad you've devolved from trying to pretend you know what you're talking about to just insulting people.

True, he was not all that threatening, but comic relief is a bit much in a show that was just comedy at the time.
He's in a weird place now, though. He gambled at a table where his chips weren't enough for the blind. His plot fell apart the second the queen and Star returned, let alone Toffee or the now emerging Eclipsa.
No wand, no army, no power. Ultimately not threatening enough to even beat up and chase out. A mere puppet to the will of his betters.
I wonder where he may go from there. One of his brothers still believed in him, though. We will see what comes from that.

>Just like my Japanese animes!

He doesn't know, does he, Sup Forums?

Those four episodes were weak as fuck. This show has shit writers.

>YOU STUPID FAGGOT! WHY DON'T YOU LIKE THIS SHOW?!
>why are you insulting people, bro?

I already know this show in Nefcy's poorly-written Sailor Moon fanfic.

"Taste" is a meme. People aren't born with a magical ability to determine some abstract "quality", otherwise some kind of a taste gene would've been discovered.

I'm calling that he ends up leader of the monsters when they eventually have the Mewmans make reparations for stealing their home and oppressing them.

You make me laugh, user. Thank you for that. Not much does, anymore.

No no user, it's "Why didn't you watch the previous seasons of this show so that you don't just watch some random episodes you dumbass"

>I HATE THING! HERE IS A LIST OF POINTLESS SHIT I HATE ABOUT THIS THING! YOU FAGGOTS SAID THIS WAS GOOD!
>You can't be this retarded OP. You can't just bandwagon a show to go straight to the movie and immediately call it shit when you don't understand what's going on.
>I KNOW WHAT'S GOING ON! I WATCHED SEASON 2!
>Okay then, you're an idiot that chose to not know anything about the show just so you can call it shit.
>YOU'RE A FAGGOT IF YOU LIKE THIS SHOW! STOP BEING SO DEFENSIVE OVER A CARTOON!
>...

>HERE IS A LIST OF POINTLESS SHIT

So shipper fags consider proper pacing and character motivation pointless. Good to know.

>proper pacing
3 seasons worth

>character motivation
Which character? They all had preddy gud ones.

Enlighten us OP, what's a good show?

>3 seasons worth

Three seasons worth of meandering slice of life with lore sprinkled in every so often isn' good pacing.

steven universe

If you faggots want to stop taking the bait for a minute, the Star & Marco livestream is starting in 9 minutes.
youtube.com/watch?v=pP2mzK1iQWE

Already on it, user. Why do you think I'm shitposting to pass the time?

There's another thread for that

>su
>good

Sonic Boom

what the hell was that?

>nigger.
GO BACK TO Sup Forums STOP POSING TYHIS RACIST SHIT

get some taste, OP.

>Mewberty
>Blood Man Ball
>St. Olga's
>Storm the Castle

those are all great, faggot. lots of other solid stuff in S1 as well.

>get some taste, OP.

Says the guy with the taste of a 14 year olf girl.

youtube.com/watch?v=UwVCEQsYeIk

>November
Ugaahhaaaaaaa

i was just hopping off of Sup Forums after shitposting again and again in random various threads waifufagging about my waifu, of course, the goddess herself, star butterfly, when i jumped into a my normal discord and then began avatarfagging my waifu, of course, the goddess herself, star butterfly as my dick grew to 3 inches in length to the thought of her finding out about me, larping as marco diaz, sucking on her vagina, fingering her vulva, and loving her schrumpherous asshole. as everyone tried to obviously derail my out of place posting about my waifu, of course, the goddess herself, star butterfly, i kept posting because i needed to cum really badly!! however, those evil eses just kept on shutting me down. i felt so lonely and sad again and again, thinking about how how i'd kill every single one of them singlehandedly... of course, i know that if i just pray enough to my waifu, of course, the goddess herself, star butterfly, i'd be reincarnated as a gho-i mean, marco diaz, and i'd go on magical 14 year old girl adventure with her where i'd get to jerk off to the smell of her socks while she sleeps at night!! anyways, this will occur next june the 7th, when i finally put an end to the stupid scum of the earth fucktards at my work who mock me for loving my waifu, the goddess herself, star butterfly. love you star...~

Please tell me someone else edited this picture and not the guy in the picture himself.

someone needs to lurk more

>actually liking and enjoying things
what kind of fucking pleb are you?

>This virtual pet will represent Ludo and this 650 dollars is us.
Marco is loaded! where does he get the money?

They explained where Marco gets all his money in Season 2 you inattentive boob

real talk here
How low are the Sup Forums standards these days?
Show after the movie is 4/10 at best yet i see a lot of people called it a 10/10.

>All I saw was four episodes
>B-BUT WHAT I REALLY MEAN WAS THAT I WATCHED THE ENTIRE SECOND SEASON

Royalties from the princess marco merch

I'm sorry for not remembering every detail of season 2. More important things are taking up that spot.
thanks

I watched the special knowing in advance that I hated the series every time I tried to watch it previously. It was alright whenever neither Star nor Marco were on-screen. Wasn't very funny, though, despite clearly trying to be.

>Show after the movie is 4/10 at best yet i see a lot of people called it a 10/10
Both are valid opinions. But you already knew that, right?

Kudos for giving the special a shot anyway.

so..someone explain how moon and river's english accents magically disappeared

>All these fucks taking OP's b8
I thought Sup Forums was supposed to be Smarter than Sup Forums

Star vs. is simply not that good. I still watch it but it's just a kids show with some plot and action added in as an afterthought

it's not so much that they disappeared as it is they're subdued

actual answer: their main VAs are americans doing fake british accents, while the VAs for their younger selves are likely actual brits

What if I like all three of those shows user? What does that make me?

From these 3 I only like Star Vs. At 30 years of age it's the only show I watch on TV at this point, everything else on TV is boring.

Yeah, but do you need more to enjoy it?

>SU fags shitposting Star VS

yawn

>"If Toffee was destoryed, she'd be set free"
Toffee confirmed alive.

>THE ULTIMATE LIFE FORM

No, and I do enjoy it, I just don't get people saying it's the best show of our generation or whatever