Wait

Wait
If Buzz Lightyear thought he was the real Buzz Lightyear why did he still act like a toy when humans were around?

Instinct

When in Rome, do as the Romans do.

That's actually a good question... Probably instinct?

except Buzz actually didn't give a fuck about the rules, he got in the front seat of the pizza planet van and didn't understand why he needed a disguise to go into pizza planet and just walk up to Andy.

How did the toys know that the plot to small soldiers would ensue if they revealed their sentience?
Like, every toy everywhere.

Pretty sure it's a natural reaction.

Thanks for ruining the movie, OP

Wasn't it part of his mission? I thought I remember that being a scene

>Toy Story/Small Soldiers
Someone get IDW to fucking fund this shit.

What if Andy's mom stuffed Buzz headfirst up her butthole?

I can only think of three reasons.

1. Trying to act natural since he's a stranger in a strange land and doesn't know what'll happen if he doesn't freeze up when humans come along.
2. Instinct, breaking kayfabe of just being a toy when humans are around takes insane mental fortitude and he just doesn't have that by default.
3. It's just a movie, don't take it so seriously.

I think this is it. There's like a one shot where Buzz sees all the toy's play dead, and then he decides to do it too.

At what point does a toy become a sentient being? None of the parts that make them up are sentient.

>"Mom? Have you seen Buzz?"
>"H-h-hhaaa! I-I...no, but I'm s-sure he'll turrrrn up!"
>"Are you alright?"
>"I-I'm fine, sweetie! You've got a friend in me!"

why are some toys sentient and others not?
like the instruments set or a see and say

>You've got a friend in me

Cheeky

You could say the same thing about people. A mucle or liver isn't sentient, but you are.

The answer should be that a toy is brought to life when a child first plays with it and gives it a role/agency but they blew that in 2

>In 2004, archaeologists dug up a 4,000-year-old stone doll head in the ruins of a village on the Italian island of Pantelleria. That the head wasn't found in a ceremonial ground made it different than most ancient human figures and suggests that it was probably a toy. It had curly hair and was buried with miniature kitchenware.

What has she seen? Who is she now?

I thought maybe he figured that humans were "the enemy" and so he needed to sort of "hide" from them?

I'd like to think it's a fight or flight thing. Whenever a human comes, they usually get nervous they usually hide as toys. Buzz's brain acts the same even though he doesn't know he's a toy

You son of a bitch

Do you think you're on Reddit right now?

Why are the toys alive?
How far can the definition of toy be stretched? Do lawn ornaments come to life? Statues?

A lawn gnome was the villain in one of the early drafts of the sequel

How pathetically long will this series last?
Will Andy be on his deathbed with his toys?

no. he gives them away in 3

He's buried with his toys at the end of 4 and all of 5 is set inside Andy's casket

>beth walks in "hmm where's my dildo?"
>*sees pickle rick*
>"I guess this'll do..."

What the hell is the plot of 5, the toys all think he's playing dead?

Because it was in the script.

>One day while Andy was masturbating, Woody got wood. He could no longer help himself! He watched as Andy stroked his juicy kawaii cock. He approached Andy which startled him and make him pee everywhere on the floor and on Woody too. Being drenched in his urine made him harder than ever! Woody: "Andy Senpai! I'm alive and I want to be INSIDE OF YOU." Andy: "Oh Woody Chan! I always knew you were alive! I want to stuff you up my kawaii ass!" Woody grabbed a bunch of flavored lube and rubbed it all over his head Woody: "Oh my! It's cherry flavored lube! Cherry is my favorite! Woody then stuffed his head up into Andy's tight ass! The other toys around the room watched intently as Woody shoved his head back and forth into Andy's nice ass, continuously making a squishy wet noise. The other toys also became aroused and they all gathered around Woody and Andy and started to urinate all over them, and then they started to masturbate. Andy: "Oh my goodness, Woody Chan! You are churning my insides up so well! Your nose is stimulating my prostate! OH YES! All the other toys became so aroused by this, that they could not help themselves anymore! They pushed Woody completely inside, and they all went inside. All of them wanted to be inside Andy's nice round ass. Andy: "No wait guys! My ass cannot hold this much! I'm getting so full! All the toys went inside of poor squirming Andy and pretty much, he was beyond full, and died from having his insides completely damaged. The mother came inside and found Andy, dead with a huge ass hemorrhage on his anus, with a HUGE belly full of toys.

It's 97 minutes of grueling existential terror

Wasn't the captain from the small soldiers movie going to have a cameo in toy story 3 (and do something like beating up ken) but they decided to cut it for some reason?

Did that nude model of Andy's mom ever surface? Surely it's not kept as tightly secure as Mrs. Incredible's, right?

yeah he probably thought they were some alien race that scared the shit out of the toys and maybe they play dead to not be spotted by the alien by making sudden movements

i mean we do the same with some animals

The big question is, does the whole "I'm the real deal! Not a toy!!!" thing affect all toys or only toys with lore?

At what point of the manufacturing process do toys come to life? At what point do their bodies get destroyed to the point of dying?

>At what point do their bodies get destroyed to the point of dying?
I microwaved a really shitty little plastic figurine once, to see what would happen. Ended up halfway melted into black sludge, and it smelled like death. Burned the fuck out of my nose, too. Whole house was like that for hours, but I got lucky and it mostly cleared out by the time anyone came home. I just tossed the mug I melted the figure in and that was it.

I'd say that toy was probably done for.

I used to fantasize about getting the cupboard from indian and the cupboard, making small men, and torturing them in rather mundane ways, like impaling them with safety pins and shit.

Go to bed, Sid, you have trash pickup in a few hours.

Check out fluffy ponies. It should be right up your alley

>this is the fate of most toys
>left in a card board box for all eternity, conscious but unable to move, only to think

I don't know why but I'm reading this in Danny DeVito's voice.

Pls be a woman

This sounds correct, but it raises the question of what happens to the other Buzz Lightyears. They're shown to all be delusional. If a Buzz Lightyear is a kid's first toy and no other toys are around to mimic, does that Buzz just strut around like an asshole and scare the shit out of humans?

>Andy's buried with his toy's
>Zoom out to crowd hovering over the casket being lowered down
>Cars speed off and the evening sets in
>Cut to the inside of the casket where the toys start to whisper to each other
>"Hey, what do you think this whole thing is about?" said Rex
>They all sorta just look around taking in their new surroundings
>"Do you know why they put Andy into a box, he's not a toy like us is he?" -Slink
>Woody crawls up to Andy, and checks on him.
>Woody can tell something is wrong, and that this isn't normal
Whole movie is just the toys coming to terms that they'll rest with a rotting corpse for the rest of their life.

Bump

Why did Buzz only come to life when he was in Andy's room? Why didn't he come to life as soon as he was created?

because you ask too many questions m8

Why did he say "fly round this room" instead of planet in his very first scene?

>Sid_Screaming.mp4

why would he say "i can planet with my eyes closed"?

what about Lego people or other construction figures? If they are reassembled, do they become a new entity?

The toys refered to it as Andy's Room.

he wasn't out of the packaging yet

one could argue that coming out of their packaging is when toys are "born" but 2 ruins that theory

He stated that he thought he was in hyper-sleep while in his "ship"

It seems toys, particularly electronic ones, come pre-equipped with their "canon" personalities.
But upon being played with start to gain their own individuality. Non toys seem to gain a personality the same way.
I'm mostly going by Toys That Time Forgot when I say this.

I was wondering that two days ago when I saw the Kingdom Hearts reveal.

Woody

Did nobody even fucking watch Toy Story?

While he was in the box he was in hypersleep and every time after that he is imitating the natives of the planet he believes he has crashed on.

Star Command clearly has something akin to the prime directive. He believed himself to have crashed on Andy's Room planet.

Do his wings pop out when he comes?

Yes, they indicate that he is ready to cowpoke.