Nightwing and Red Hood

So I did'nt start reading comics till N52, but is it ever explained why Nightwing and Red Hood hate each other? Are we expecting the upcoming annual to explain it?

I NEED DOUJINS OF THEM HATEFUCKIN EACH OTHER

Well I can't help you there, but uh enjoy Dick telling Artemis a story about him and Jason naked fighting. Which is kinda weird, but I don't have a brother so what do I know?

Or at least I think that's Dick down there.

The annual will probably explain the current version of things.

I don't know if it started there, but Nightwing Year One had their first meeting couched in the idea that Dick was fired from being Robin then forcibly replaced and they just didn't get along. I guess that might have been the reasoning for a while, but also Jason was an antagonist after he came back anyway?

Yes. 1st issue of RHATO has Roy point out if Starfire will get mad because Jason tried to kill Dick.

Well, I'm pretty sure Jason's story of UtRH, Battle for the Cowl and B&R are still canon in some form, even if heavily altered in the case of B&R. They're not really hating each other nowadays, but don't have the best of the relationships either: they're too different fo get along more than fine.

Well before it was Jason replaced Dick and some writers had Dick annoyed at Jason for it while some had him correctly place the blame on Bruce. And Bruce would compare Jason to Dick which would cause some inadequacy and frustration.

I imagine they'll have Dick be angry at Jason for replacing him and Jason is shitty jerk who deserves to die or something.

See, I've said this before but they are actually more alike than say Dick and Tim or Jason and Tim. or even Bruce Emotional, stubborn, and can't get pretty angry. People too alike can also have problems not getting along.

Pls let Battle for the Cowl not be canon anymore. it was so terrible.

Yeah, artist is Tyler Kirkham and he confirmed that Dick.

Also I wanna see Dick try to steal jason's red head.

No way would Lobdell write Jason like that though.

Then Dick will hate Jason for replacing him and Jason will just be acting defensively.

Well, you are not wrong in that they are more like each other than like Bruce and Tim. But the differences are the problem.

Jason has the same problem with Damian, actually. They both are alike in a lot of ways, but the differences are the ones that bring conflics.

And I don't know. BftC was indeed awfull, but what happened should be still canon in a basic way. If not, how did Dick ended as Batnan and taking care of Damian, and not Tim? Until we have a different story to come to those consecuences...

>If not, how did Dick ended as Batnan and taking care of Damian, and not Tim?

BECAUSE TIM CAN'T FIGHT FOR SHIT UNLESS HE STUDIES HIS OPPONENT FOR TWO WEEKS STRAIGHT

I think that's a fair compromise. It makes Bruce look like a bad guy instead of either of the boys.

Holy crap, I forgot about that mess. Teen Titans N52 made it sound like Tim left Bruce, but that whole series was a mess.

Not a valid point, I'm afraid.

I hope they do something good with his characterization when they bring him back btw. But, geeez, a pity it will be in Tec: writer is bland as fuck, and he will remain as this perfect goodness master of everything without conflict or flaws, I guess. I hope I will be proven wrong.

Lobdell will throw Dick under the bus. He has no need to help the character. He only cared about making Jason look good.

I'm hoping for a Young Justice revival.

Also yeah dick and Jason have a strange relationship. Writers don't usually touch it though.

Tim would die within the first month as Batman.

He's much more suited to get crippled and work as a Dickbat Oracle.

Did it? I didn't read n52 TT. Maybe they do have a new story to back those events.

RHaTO has been super good lately. The annual making Dick look bad would be a real shame. Also the above pic seems like Dick is telling the story to Artemis. Is there anymore pics?

A fair compromise would be Dick hating Bruce, not Jason.

Yeah, teh series made it seem like Tim did'nt approve of Bruce or some crap and left him, which does leave the Dick as Batman stuff in a confusing state since Tim was never Robin. Which means Damian couldn't have taken the name from Tim.

I know you hate Tim, but by tge book and his current characterization, he's more than perfect for any job. Any.

Unless they properly focus his character to shine in tge detective and strategy work and just let him be really gud but not stellar in the remain fields.

I mean Dick is pretty young and he could hate them both even though hating Jason is irrational.

Note until there's a hatefucking between Jason and Artemis first.

Why are they fighting in underwear?

Yep. I don't have the pics though but they are on his instagram.

> Wanting Dick to steal Artemis

Why do you hate Jason's happiness?

They aren't dating yet though, so she is free to fall for Dick's charms. Look at OP pic. She hasn't laughed like that with Jason yet.

You can't even see her laugh though

Usually having your eyes closed indicates a laugh

> Cucked by your own brother

Hasn't Jason suffered enough?

When is this annual out anyways?

That's not what cucking is.
August 30th

It's his struggle to do better despite the shit hand he's been dealt that makes him the best.

Oh boy, Nightwing fans are gonna complain aren't they?

I have a brother. I can confirm that there is lots of naked wrestling.

Dick never hated Jason
but Jason was always kind of a brat, hated how he was just a replacement for Dick, and how Dick got to be Batman instead of him.
He hates Dick, but only because his displayed anger towards Bruce

That of course won't stop the gay shipping when this comes out.

Isn't that awkward? Like not in a gay way but just uncomfortable for your balls way?

They don't necessarily hate each other, but they don't get along either because Dick wasn't much around when Jason was Robin. There have been some effort to fix their relationship nowdays.

>Battle for the Cowl and B&R
There's no possible way for them to be canon.

>And Bruce would compare Jason to Dick which would cause some inadequacy and frustration
This never happened, though. Bruce has compared them in HIS MIND in complimenting way, but he never told Jason to be more like Dick.

Actually, the resentment was from Dick side because he was jealous that Bruce replaced him and adopted Jason.

Jason felt a little insecure towards him, but he didn't hate him.