I think everyone had that show they liked as a kid that their parents shat on them for since it was a "girl" show...

I think everyone had that show they liked as a kid that their parents shat on them for since it was a "girl" show. Mine was PPG, what was yours?

I think mine was either Sailor Moon or PPG.

totally spies but i kept that shit a secret, no one ever knew

I was a girl in the opposite situation, mine was Xmen. I wasn't even allowed to play with legos because they were "for boys"

I remember being like 7 and going to stay at my step-dad's grandparents for the night. They had a room across the hall from the one i stayed in that was a boy's room (I don't know who it was since I don't think he had siblings and his other children were girls) and I stole a wrestling doll from the room. I felt bad about it but i knew it was the only way I'd get a wrestling figure so I did it.

My parents hated absolutely everything I liked and made fun of me for all of it. Eventually I just stopped talking to them about things that make me happy.

Nah, my parents were cool.

> I wasn't even allowed to play with legos because they were "for boys"
Wow, that's bullshit.

>doll

it's an action figure

You fell for the marketing meme. It's a doll.

I did have that but it isn't Sup Forums related

shut up cootie monster that is some serious bullshit though. Xmen is rad.

Mine was also PPG, but it was my brothers instead of my parents. I remember when the movie came out I really wanted to ask my mom to take me to it but I was afraid my brothers would find out and tease me.

I only watched SCC and that's about it

Sailor moon was that one for me even though that series spoke to my dick on multiple levels.

Yet stupidly enough no one batted an eye when I was watching Candy Candy with my sisters, that thing was a full blown soap opera and even my mother got hooked with it.

Man I fucking loved Candy Candy, yet the show was brutal, you couldn't go 3 episodes without Candance getting her life destroyed.

My parents drew the line at PPG too, though under the guise that it was "too violent" after walking in on a crossdressing Devil getting decked in the face, with teeth and blood splattering across the screen and everything. It seemed like reasonable logic next to the whole "it's a girls show so fuck off from watching it" complaint that I expected, but in hindsight that was still probably one of the major factors in that decision anyways.

Though if that were the case, it was probably the only subtle feat of parenting they've ever accomplished. They were usually pretty on-the-nose about that kind of stuff.

>everyone had that show they liked as a kid that their parents shat on them for
You were descended from shitty people and need to project to validate yourself when rational people would be tormenting their parents in revenge.

I'd change the channel when PPG came on and I (secretly) thought my friend was a huge fag for liking Sailor Moon.
Now look at me, I've turned into a massive mahou shoujo fan.

This. My mom sat through the Pkemon and Digimon movies but drew the line at PPG which was a much better film that she would have enjoyed. Kind of funny.

It is a vessel for a demon.

My parents were pretty hands off. They let me do or watch whatever as long as I wasn't out raising hell for the neighbors.

I did have to turn the volume down to watch Space Ghost Coast to Coast, it was on after my bedtime.

>Xmen
This, but for the comics. I was reading an issue of either Uncanny or Thor in the living room when my mom looked at the cover, then said, point blank, "Don't you ever just want to be a girl?" I wasn't a kid though, I was a teenager at this point, it was just years of watching me turn into a loser that finally reached a disappointment breaking point.

My dad always hated Ed Edd and Eddy for some reason. I remember him saying "user, how could watch an ugly show like this?" I just told him I thought it was funny, but to be honest, I've always though the art was pretty top tier too.

I'm a man and there's literally nothing wrong with watching a girl cartoon shows.

My dad was either at work or sleeping and my mom loved to see me do weird shit.
It was my big sister that made fun of my cartoons, all of them, except for anime. She would call me a little baby for watching ben 10 and shit, yet she would go and watch inuyasha and other shojoshit and make watch it with her. It later developed in her not lettting me watch discovery cus she wanted to watch mtv.

>watching Totally Spies
>step dad walks in
>"ha ha what's this girl shit you're watching, you little faggot? Do I need to buy you some panties and tampons, you little faggot?"
>chuckles to himself and downs a bud-lite
>little did he know I was actually wearing my sister's panties at the time.

Fucking right? Luckily I mostly made friends with boys and got to play with them when at their houses but didn't get my own until I was an adult (and by then the magic was kinda gone for me).

Oh honey, no...

I hope you're comfortable with who you are user despite how shitty your step dad is (and probably some other anons might be in response to this).

Are panties even comfortable with a dick though? Like if you wear them as an adult? I go commando most of the time

Nah, I had good parents who didn't bat an eye at me watching PPG.

Thanks.
I like them a lot, but I've heard other anons complain that there's not enough ball-room. Never had that problem myself.

Never got shat on for liking it, but I was still embarrassed to admit to watching a show with a girl protagonist.

>but I was still embarrassed to admit to watching a show with a girl protagonist.
Really? Kim Possible was my jam, and I didn't think twice about it.

I remember my mother asking me "are you sure you wanna watch this" when I was watching Sailor Moon as a kid, but otherwise my parents didn't really care what I watched as long as it wasn't adult. Except for a very brief period where they didn't want me watching Ed, Edd n Eddy because of the thong episode. But again, that was a brief restriction.

Aside from PPG, there weren't really any other seemingly "girl" shows I watched growing up. I just watched a bunch of actiony shit until I stopped watching TV altogether.

My dad did love to shit on my brother and I for watching DBZ though. And looking back, he was pretty justified.