How can you make him a good character?

How can you make him a good character?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anansi
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Move him out of New York so he's not just doing the exact same thing as Peter.

Maybe make him the professional Spider-Man. If Peter is the guy who is categorized by shit always going wrong for him and being preternaturally paranoid about the intermingling of his costumed and personal lives, Miles can be more sort of... like, the Avengers Spider-Man. Public identity, takes checks from Tony Stark/SHIELD/Alpha Flight/MI13, parents in protective custody, that sort of thing.

Of course, that would require Marvel to do something interesting to distinguish the characters, which seems unlikely in 2017

Wow What a Twink

Put him in Wakanda so he can stop crime there.

First step, don't let bendis near him.

Miles isn't Peter. He's more prone to bitterness and cynicism, his spidey quips more of a result of his snarkiness than Peter's upbeat playful jabbing. This makes hin way better at getting shit done a la Superior Spidey but way worse at relating to the people of NYC, a character flaw to overcome.
He's smart, but not a genius like Peter. He either has organic shooters or got his shooters from Parker/Stark. He's more of a geek than a nerd, with a soft spot for anime with cute girls doing cute things.
He's less comfortable in his own skin than Peter, but he's gettimg better at that. And while Peter slowly grows into a social butterfly through the Spidey identity even making allies out of former tormenters Miles struggles to keep even the friends he makes in Champions due to his tendency to keep people at bay.
He wants to do good, he knows he can do good, but being a good fighter or a good strategist isn't the same as being a good hero, and he has to learn that.
He's basically an obnoxious lawful good in a world of chaotics and neutrals.

For starters we stop calling him Spider Man and give him a damn rogues gallery. Bullet Ant, Kid Tick, I dont fucking care

reboot with new name, new power set (keep venom blast), new costume.

have him be himself instead of wanting to be someone else.

Without a new name he will forever be in Peter's shadow

>keep venom blast
Nigga, what?

make him white

He dies and becomes someone else's inspiration.

Make him white

I think that's a bullshit excuse. There was a period of time when the popular consensus was that Green Lantern was a black man. They could have made Black Spider-Man work, Bendis just can't write.

He already is a superior Spider-Man to Pete becaus3 he actually has depth. It's just Sup Forums complaining a majority of the time

give him a cape made out of the nippless of all his victims.

Peter had depth before he became a caricature of himself.

Take Bendis off of him.
Get rid of Venom Blast, keep camouflage.

Here's where I'm gonna lose all of you: Have him star in the main ASM book, and put Peter in his own book.
Let Miles be the teenaged Spidey who has the entire world shitting on him, and let Peter be the grown-up Spider-Man who managed to get past all that shit, settled down and had a family.

Shit! I wrote my posts without thinking. Okay, miles needs to stop being so grounded. He needs to explore the weird shit and see different villains. He needs to go to other universes. He can still be in new york and all.

Also nerf venom blast and get a symbiote pet.

No one likes Miles, and you want him to be the main Spider-Man?

Except there isnt an entire fucking corp handing out spider powers like beat cops

>no one likes miles
Facts tend to disagree

>Mile Morales becomes Anansi the spider

Fake news

We permanently mutate him into a monster, have him deal with that

Yes, yes I do. Miles is a fictional character, the fact that you don't like him has nothing to do with him, and everything to do with the people writing him. Find Miles a competent writer, and I promise you'd like the character. This is pretty much true of any character.

But more importantly, it solves the problem that's been plaguing Peter for years now: He's a fucking manchild that Editorial refuses to allow to grow up. Having Miles be the main Spider-Man that has to go through all the drama and bullshit that Peter had to would be a breath of fresh air, and would allow Peter to develop further as a character on his own.

Facts aren't people.

Make him a Spider-man that kills.

Which is why he's been replaced. Miles has an actual family and almost all his runs revolve around that

I think it would really improve his story overall if they just focused on him coming from another universe and all the shit that entails with his family and lost friends.

Everything about him right now is just really generic, confusing, or poorly developed. He could really stand out as far as what he's dealing with compared to any other hero especially the younger ones. There's some really crazy territory to explore with that and you could make up for the lack of motivations he has a character. Like him remaining Spiderman and keeping the name is all he really has to hold on to from his old life that is real and him.

This is one that I disagree. Peter parker is a killer.

Yes, Peter parker is good and all. But, he isn't superman good.

Of course any character CAN be good with the right writer, but saying so doesnt validate what he is now. And what you're asking for is another retread of Parker's years in high school with a different coat of paint. Fuck that. Im sick of it. Damn right Peter needs to stop being a manchild, but Marvel is adamant to having him do so. Married to Mary Jane, trying to make a living, perhaps being a school teacher, being a dad and the responsibilities of doing that plus being Spider Man? Thats what we deserve. Miles is just an excuse to tread over the same shit AGAIN

Do what Waid did with the Flash family and have Miles be the Impulse of the group

He can cover for Peter in the small crimes that way he can start having a normal life at work and perhaps date again

Have him bond with the Carnage symbiote.

Jersey?

But that's what I'm saying dude, it lets Marvel have its cake and eat it too.
High school Spider-Man is a meme that Marvel will forever try to push because the public eats that shit up. Just let Miles be the focus of it, and let Peter get the character development he deserves.

>He's more prone to bitterness and cynicism, his spidey quips more of a result of his snarkiness than Peter's upbeat playful jabbing.

I really fucking hate what Mephistoverse has done to this character.

Marvel's never going to do that because it'd mean that they'd have to admit that Miles is living through a goddamn existential horror story.

He's got the skeleton of a good character, he just needs fleshing out. Their current angle of "Angrier Spider-Man" is a good start. He's got a family legacy of criminal activity that hardly ever plays a factor. He needs his own rogues tailor-made to test his weaknesses and character flaws. He needs more agency in his own story. He needs a clearer and stronger motivation in general.

That last part is probably the biggest thing. In Ultimate he didn't actually want to be Spider-Man because it attracted danger to him and broke his family apart. Taking up the mantle felt more like an obligation since no one else could/would step up. 616 Miles just does it for shits and gigs as far as anyone can tell. There's no conflict, nothing truly challenging his desire to be Spider-Man. He just decided to do it one day. Bendis needs to go deeper into why Miles wants to be Spider-Man in this universe.

Also, venom blast and super-spider-nova need nerfing badly.

Miles would be the sacrificial lamb to allow Pete to grow up. You can just not read Miles, although if he gets canceled it's back to more of the same.

>Miles in Atlantic City
Sounds alright

Make him the evil twin of Parker
>But is nigga
who cares at this point ....

Hmm, you have a point. I was under the idea that having Miles do that would only hold back Spider Man comics but I suppose it does serve as a decoy where Peter can finally break free from that. All we need is Slott off the book and ditch Parker Industries

Find a villain who can beat venom blast. You don't need to nerf the hero, you just needs to make your villains powerful.

Really, it's the same with Riri Williams. She's got a good setup with losing a father, stepfather, and friend to violence, socially stunted, has difficulty connecting with her mother, all her academic peers are significantly older and more mature than her, under pressure at college due to her age, couldn't actually build a suit of armor herself and had to steal from others to create it, and her superheroism reads more like lashing out at the world because of sadness and anger. Instead it's all just "Hi, I'm AI Tony Stark, here's some armor."

Let him die a good death

I somewhat agree, but nerfing the venom blast serves the same purpose while also broadening the number of villains that pose a challenge. After all, there's no functional difference from venom blast being weaker against a normal villain vs. a stronger villain being resistant to it. The real difference is now normal villains pose more of a challenge and you don't need to keep coming up with stronger villains just so Miles can't solo them.

By solo I meant 1-hit KO.

Spider-Man has always been a white character. Why does marvel have to force down globalism and multiculturalism to everyone? Colored folks don't belong in comics unless their name has the word "black" in it. That way I can know what to skip.

Excellent satire.

Sure. If you're already a buttslave to multiculturalism then good for you. I'm no cuck.

You're an artist.

I think they just need a direction for Miles. Take advantage of what Miles has that Peter doesn't: his youth. Create escalating gang-related problems in New York and have Miles confront that. That could be Miles' Kingpin.

Let Peter grow up to be a married family man and relatively successful (if still struggling compared to giants) scientist/CEO. Use Miles to tell classic teenage Spider-Man stories.

>stealth based and weaker than peter
>his venom blast puts a huge strain on his body and he has trouble controlling it like a baby snake
>give him a name like Wolf Spider or something instead of "the black version of spiderman"
>make peter embody the best possible outcome of the spider powers while everyone else has a specialization that emphasizes a different species of spider or power

Make him white

Make him evil.

>Find Miles a competent writer, and I promise you'd like the character. This is pretty much true of any character.
Silk found a competent writer fr her solo book, but no one cared and her book was promptly cancelled. And guess what. I still fuckin hate her.

You see, the reason why no one cared is because of brand recognition. Silk is Silk. No one cares about that name. The only reason Miles still exists right now is because his book is titled "Spider-Man."

>Miles is a fictional character
Miles is a fictional piece of cardboard. He gets by on name alone and because of his skin color.

Refer to Miles in the past tense.

>"the black version of spiderman"
It's so funny that writers have mostly avoided having characters call Miles "Black Spider-Man" when that would be the most natural thing to call him even if no one knew his race.

>Just let Miles be the focus of it, and let Peter get the character development he deserves.
Marvel has already accomplished this by shoving mature Peter off to a what-if ongoing book.

other than common crooks, only pit him against villains that are smart enough and fast enough or otherwise have the defensive abilities to avoid getting venom blasted.

give him a rogue's gallery tailored towards giving him trouble. someone who can turn intangible. a psychic who can protect themselves with forcefields. a rubber man just flat out immune to his venom blast. a hi-tech predator-esque guy who can still see him when he's invisible. a mastermind type who only works through proxies and Miles has to figure out who the fuck he is before he can actually stop him.
and give him some god damn story arcs. not counting events and crossovers, his book is just a sequence of events happening one after the other with no clear beginning middle or end.

Hell, give him to me. I've written fapfics that had better character development than he's gotten

Replace him with a white guy

Keep him away from Bendis

They should've make venom blast a temporary stunned like ear clap attack.

Have Pete pay reparations to him

Switch out webshooters for wings and name him Lightning Bug.

I like in current Blue Beetle runs, Ted being a mentor to Jaime. Maybe they should make someone mentor Miles like Prowler or Miguel

Is there a reason Marvel haven't changed his name from Spider Man?

Yes

Norman Osborn seemingly kills him, then impregnates him and have Peter come to terms with it.

One or several of the following:

>Mutate him
>Make him a villain
>Bond him to a symbiote
>Give him a different power set
>Give him a name other than Spider-Man
>Literally anything

But above all, a personality.

thats a fucking cool name

Kinda like Ultimate Pete??

>Miles
>Depth

Nigga what?

make him suffer

>Bond him to a symbiote
Why hasn't this happened yet?

If I can bring back the Ultimate Universe as it was, then do so, but retcon Peter coming back to life.
Have him continue as Spider-Man and play off the responsibility of mantle against his growth as a hero and his family issues, especially involving his Uncle.
Unique rogues gallery.

If the Ultimate Universe is off the table, then a name change.
It makes no sense for him to call himself Spider-Man.
Go with Redback or even have him defeat Prowler and take the title as a way of like, fixing the reputation of his family member, even if nobody would know.
I feel that taking a new name is key for many reasons, but taking Prowler would add legitimate depth if written even halfway decent.
Again, unique rogues gallery.
Also move him somewhere else.
New York is fucking boring and many heroes could be improved by a different locale.

Except Prowler is a hero now he was working for Peter last time he showed up.

He needs a revamp
>Reboot origin story
I say merge his Ultimate history with 616. Barring that, do like this guy says
Make him like the Spider-man that patrols Alt-universes. His escapade into Spider-gwen's U wasn't too bad.
>Revamp Powers
Either tone down the Venom Blast, or make villains resistant to it. I also hate the fact that every Spider can web sling, I'd much prefer if he were super athletic and could just jump from wall to wall to get around, but that's just me. Expand on the stealth shit, because he hardly uses it anymore
>Expand on civ life
It seems like Bendis wants to make Miles a "bitches love spider-man" type to the max but he sucks at it. Miles is with every girl and I get that he wants to make him the harem type, but as a rampant shipper and harem fan, it's just not working out. Every girl he's been with I haven't felt that chemistry that makes me excited that it's happening. Bendis needs to revisit whatever magic he made U. Pete and Kitty work, because that was a damn good ship. And then slow it the fuck down. Let him be with a chick for more than a fucking story arc, if he's gonna stick around he's going to be with plenty anyway, let the shit develop for fucks sake.
Miles' love life could be as interesting as Bruce Waynes in the hands of somebody better, it's a damn shame
>Give own Rogue's Gallery
This is the biggest one. My favorite heroes all have great stories because their villains are fantastic. I've held on to Ms. Marvel for so long because of the villain of the month setup it has. His Uncle was a great start, but he got killed off unfortunately.

Miles strengths even outside of Ultimate are his great supporting cast. In Ultimate a lot of people complained that he inherited Peter's buddies and I agree, but Ganke and Laura are cool as shit so I think if that's expanded upon that'd be great. I wish Laura spent more time as a villain though. I'd ship them more if she were his Catwoman.

Actually make him suffer.

Tear off his mask and show his face to everyone. His actual parents will be in danger now. Have a ethical and moral issue presented to the 616 civilians involving teenage heroes who haven't even finished school yet becoming child soldiers for shield. Have him in actual fucking danger with less god damn love interests.

Having him be an unmasked Spider changes the entire dynamic of the Spiders within the Marvel universe. He can actually go head to head with the media unlike Pete could since there will be an actual face to sympathize with instead of a mask. This would also end his high school years abrudtly causing him to find private tutors which could be funded by the Avengers. Or rebuild the Avengers Acadamy like the Charles Xavier school.

Downgrade his power set. Make his venom blast poison himself along with anyone else he touches. Don't make him as strong as Pete if anything.

Give him some unique rogues and not just Z listers or Spider-Man's side villains. This is what made agent venom so interesting. His rogues gallery was constantly building on itself and felt personalized for him.

didnt he relapse?

>put blackface on Peter
>"LOOK AT OUR TOTALLY NEW DIVERSE CHARACTER EVERYONE"

Anyone who still supports Marvel should be shot.

There's a small chance that you were merely baiting, I know that. But just in case you weren't:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anansi

Have him be written by someone that isn't Bendis. Maybe even by someone with a similar biracial background as Miles that might be able to understand some of the issues his character might go through.

Kill him off. Being from the ultimate universe makes things convuluted and we don't need two spider-men running around.

I need that to be in an issue so bad
>See this! They're calling me the black spider Man
>dude your costume is black, and you're not the original spiderman

Move him to Chicago, let him find Nighthawk's old base and use it.

No, he did work with Jackal for a while but it turned out that was a clone.

>dude your costume is black, and you're not the original spiderman

Dude, Read fucking comic. That is not what happen.

He wants to be spider-man, He don't want to be a token black guy.

>He's more of a geek than a nerd, with a soft spot for anime with cute girls doing cute things.
This was never brought up in canon and is just some stupid fan attribute put onto him by people desperately trying to give him a unique attribute. Everything else you mentioned minus the genius shit are all Peter Parker attributes.

That's not what he's talking about though. Yeah, they found out he was black from his torn costume, but the very fact that he doesn't want to be known as the "black" Spider-Man is bullshit because of his costume's color scheme.

>but the very fact that he doesn't want to be known as the "black" Spider-Man is bullshit because of his costume's color scheme.
no, it's bullshit because "Peter Parker in blackface" is his entire character.

Make him white.

STOP MAKING ALL THESE CHARACTERS GENIUSES

When everyone is a genius, no one is. At this point, kill Miles, make a new black character with different powers. It doesn't help that this whole Spider-verse nonsense severely watered down everything. I actually liked Miles in Ultimate Spider-man

Kill him. It worked for Jason Todd.

this is true. I love him now.

lose the hand thingy where he touches bad guys and they fall asleep