Now that the dust has settled, what's your take on Spidershota: Homecoming

Now that the dust has settled, what's your take on Spidershota: Homecoming

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_WRnE-4YKWw&list=WL&index=12
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

A good movie that redeemed the Spider-Man franchise after a series of blunders, but suffers from too much MCU synergy.

Good movie that did what It set out to do and setup aracnikid into the MCU

I've never seen it, but it fucking sucks.

I hated it but then I remembered this is movie universe

Iron Man 6 was okay

>Iron Man 4 scenes

>End credits scene
>Theater is silent
>One guys blurts out, "Thanks Cap!"
>Laughter all around

That was a solid end credits scene. Good movie too.

>One guys blurts out, "Thanks Cap!"
I almost screamed "NANI!?!"

>too much MCU synergy
>when there was a video by Captain America for detention and another for puberty

A solid film that detracts from the usual MCU formula by having a more contained plot and a memorable villain, but is bogged down by the admittedly overarching influence of Tony on Peter, both in technology and motivation.

Tom Holland is right for the role. I liked the relatively low stakes and I hope that they can continue with that in the next one

21 isn't shota.

Too much Manletman, not enough Uncle Ben, as far as this Peter's back story.

A third reboot in within 14 years was way to quick. Marvel/Disney should have sucked it up and used Andrew and let go of their hard-on of having an 'arguably' teenage Peter. It's absurd to think that, other than a drunken alcoholic with self-esteem and aggrandizement issues, all the rest of the Avengers are going to find it necessary to have a 16 year old to throw against Thanos.

>This opinion
How fucking shit of an opinion
We don't need another
UH NO UNCLE BEN
also nobody fucking wants hipster asshat spider-man

Do we really need to see Uncle Ben and that origin story again for the 3rd time?

The best parts of the movie were by far Peter's high-school life. I thought those scenes would be plain and boring but they were surprisingly genuine and even made me remember my own life at school. I must say though, I wasn't expecting to hear so many people swearing and penis jokes in a Disney movie, especially that one bit with the blonde girl saying she would loved to be fucked by Thor (Dammit boner), like wow isn't this a kids movie? By the way, was the person besides the group of girls a gay dude? I thought schools didn't allowed that kind of shit. Anyway, Ned was a cool guy and the MJ wasn't as annoying as I thought she would be. The Vulture ended up being a surprisingly decent (If not weak) villain and I'm glad he didn't died like most MCU villains do. One thing I didn't liked though was how there weren't any "Epic" fights even near the end of the movie (Seriously, you could barely tell what was happening in the airplane fight). All Raimi movies had great fight scenes and even the TAS movies had one or two cool fight scenes but here? nothing (Peter dodging Vulture wings was cool until he says he wasn't even trying to hit him).The romance also wasn't annoying at all like in the TAS movies and even had a cool twist. Personally I would have liked for Tony to have been more in the movie but that's just me. In conclusion Homecoming was a fun movie but of course like most MCU movies, it far from perfect. Third best movie of the MCU Phase 3 for me only beaten by Captain America :Civil War and Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol.2.

It's good

Holland > Maguire >>>>> Garfield

I really liked the references to the breakfast club, shit was so hearthwarming

this. i hope Sup Forums can understand that the MCU characters are usually more rooted in the ultimate versions than 616

It was great. some dodgy spider-man cgi in the beginning, but overall really refreshing. Eyes were glued to the screen, big smile on my face almost throughout the entire movie. Genuinely enjoyed the high school setting and supporting cast. Vulture was a menacing presence with understandable motivations. Glad we got his origin story instead of another hour wasted on dead uncle axioms. Ranks up there with Iron Man and Winter Soldier. Sup Forumsntrarians will find any reason to dislike something, but this was a solid film.

Ok for an MCU film, boring and forgettable film in general and not a very good Spider-Man film.

Also fuck them for shitting all over Flash Thompson.

Don't care what anybody says, I had a really fun time watching it and that's all that matters. I wasn't expecting fucking Shakespeare out of a Spiderman film, everything from the Vulture rework to no more Uncle Ben bullshit to the action scenes to the fun characters to the soundtrack to THAT FUCKING PART that made the entire theater shit themselves. You know what I'm talking about. I'm not that into Spiderman comics (Only comic I really dedicated myself to was the Stan Lee era FF) but it still entertained me and at the end of the day I consider that $9 well spent

which part, user? I was alone in the theater

Where Liz's dad turns out to be Vulture. I just remember me, my friend and absolutely everybody else in the theater eyes wide open and their jaws hitting the floor with just that fucking door opening. Holy hell.

>By the way, was the person besides the group of girls a gay dude? I thought schools didn't allowed that kind of shit.
What kind of regressive schools did you go to that made being gay against the rules? That may have been a thing a few decades ago, but nowadays that shit is COMMON

Why should it be ashamed to be a part of the MCU?

And the 50 scenes with tony stark in it..

the dust can't really be said to have settled until a few weeks after the Blu-Rays come out

Such a good fucking twist, came out of left field with no warning and was immediately satisfying.

I'm sorry but WHY was that particularly shocking? Who gives a fuck about this character enough to care that her dad is the Vulture? Fuck your spoiler tags, by the way.

Honestly you seem like you would be amazed when toast pops out of a toaster.

>third reboot
Am I missing a reboot?

Reddit the movie

Sounds cringy as fuck

I think it's more about not letting some kid with powers be a super hero on his own than the Avengers really needing a kid.

it was a well played situation, user. It reminds you the kid is dealing with some local stuff, nothing out of his neightborhood, nothing crazy and over the top, just another middle aged man from around the corner

Movie was eh.

Holland as peter was alright, but he in no way felt like spider-man, I think he's the sole character in the film that doesn't quip, and the suit only made him seem incompetent. Zenyatta or whatever the fuck her name is annoyed the hell out of me, while Ned was fun (Should've just named him Ganke though)

Now Keaton, he was the only shining star of the film for me, excellent job on his end, first time I've ever thought the Vulture was cool.

I know the makers wanted to steer away from stuff we've already seen in the other movies, and that's why we got the gadgets instead of spider-sense, but without it he honestly felt declawed relying on papa Stark more than his own skill.

Finally, I can't enjoy Tomei as Aunt May without remembering her role as a stripper with pierced nipples in the Wrestler...

Guess what. This clever "twist" of yours already happened in Spider-Man 1 when Green Goblin was Harry's dad all along! OMG!

In terms of Peter's yes, but complete opposite for Spider-men.

Not the twist. The reaction everyone apparently did in the theater. Jesus Christ cringy

Speaking of Spidershota...

A better Scarlet Spider movie than a Spider-man movie.

Too diverse.

I liked it. It was fun. Worth 12 dollars. Not 15. 12.

If only I was Thor

Alright, that was pretty great.

There's "not being ashamed of being in the MCU" and then there's having another superhero steal the actual star's thunder multiple times in the first and second acts. No one said you can't reference things, but the best parts of the MCU don't build themselves so much on what came before, but on expanding it into new territory. This movie did that by exploring the sort of "super street level" world that Spider-Man inhabits, but it could have realized that not everything has to tie back to the Avengers or more specifically Tony Stark so much.

>And the 50 scenes with tony stark in it..
5 user, 5

But user, how else can we explain to the dumba-- supporting moviegoer where everything comes from?!

Chitauri Chitauri Tony Stark Shield Shield Shield Stark Stark Chitauri Stark.

People in my cinema mostly found that scene funny then went silent when they were in the car

I am so goddamn tired of Spiderman, I don't give two shits about this character anymore and Tom Holland/the entire supporting cast is fucking ugly so I couldn't even appreciate it on a purely shallow level.

Just kill Spiderman and never bring him back.

Worthy of it's RT 92% review. My personal thoughts...

>holy SHIT Peter can't secret identity. He won't have to reveal his identity for Civil War 2. Everyone will already know who he is by then.

>Ned made me (and rest of theater) fucking lose it with his excuse to the teacher why he wasn't at the dance.

>Love how Peter is wrecking shit in the new suit and making all kinds of mistakes in this movie. As he should be for someone new

>I found myself shocked how much I sympathized with the Vulture during his talk about how "We fight the wars, we clean up the mess while we beg for scraps". I honestly could be rooting for him if he wasn't flooding the neighborhood with unbelievable dangerous weapons. But he tried to do it the legit way. And there's NOTHING he's doing that the U.S. hasn't done with its weapons.

>Dat fucking 2nd extra. Trolled by Capt. America. Theater lost it.

Worthy of my $15.

You pay too much at your dollar theater. I thought the $2 I paid was more than enough.

Yeah it was a fun time. I can see why people are getting tired of the MCU but I'm still enjoying the ride so far. Can't wait for Infinity War next year.

Fuckk, what was the second extra?? I only stayed for the first one.

Just found out Jennifer Connelly was the voice of Karen (AI spidey suit). No wonder I was getting so turned on. Fuck Liz. If I was Peter, I would go full pic-related with the suit.

didnt mind that part but I get what he means. I think it felt like despite the movie being good it took less risks? Like they played it waay too safe which is typical for every MCU movie ever.

Generic ordinary music, generic action sequence, quips* etc etc.

*Also speaking of quips, he barely quipped at all except for that bank scene. Everything else was funny because of his wacky inexperienced hijinks. That really bothered me.

Everyone in the MCU quips 24/7 but a known comicbook quipster says jack shit and the fanboys give the excuse that its because he is in "highschool".

Fuck off.

Cap makes another of his PSA like the ones he was doing throughout the movie. His lesson was on "patience" giving examples how sometimes you see an soldier's epic fight and sometimes you sit through a lot of nothing just to be disappointed. He was making fun of the audience for sitting through the credits hoping to see Civil War 2/Infinity War/etc. He then turns to someone off-screen and asks "How many more of these do I have to do?"

hes a kid. it shows how he is an inexperienced brat not worth the precum from downeys slimedick

didnt like it.
I hated how they wrote peter as a incompetent brat who wants to get into tony stark's pants
the entire secondary cast of peter's highschool friends were obnoxious and badly written and performed (and they take up a good chunk of the goddamn movie)
you'd think with the fact that this movie doesnt introduce spiderman it'd have more of SPIDER MAN in it
dont get what people liked about it desu
I liked the new suit design though

Comic nerds already knew that. They didn't know about Liz

oh and also the fact that the entire fucking plot of the movie could have been avoided if tony's agent friend literally listened ONCE to what peter was trying tk say, I hate that shit

It's great. Holland feels very much like a natural Parker, I love his slow way up to greatness, the humour is noic, Vulture is a Raimy-isn villain, and they found a way to make Leeds likeable.

When the only thing people can criticize the movie for is "too many minorities", that's saying something. Either that the movie is so good there are no other significant flaws, or that the people are retarded and unable to see past "muh SJW agenda".

Is it true that the movie is underperforming or is it a meme?

I'm not talking about reviews or fan reactions, we all know that if Marvel released a movie of just Groot dancing for two hours, all of them would eat it up like it was the second coming of Jesus.

Ehh... had big ol comfy recliners and big isles so you don't have to put the leg rest down. I came like 45 mins early and took a nap in the nice A.C. before the movie. I would have paid like 6 bucks for that nap. So 6 bucks for a movie isn't half bad.

It was good. Holland is a good Spider-Man. Pretty sure the people who complain about too much Iron Man has only seen the trailers, he was in it for like, 10 minutes,

funny considering that the whole movie is about iron man being too busy to mentor spidey and being away most of the time

Nevermind the amount of scenes, Stark erased Ben from the story. And Peter was a spastic little shit.

Hard to say. The domestic box office number so far is 207.3 million, which is not bad considering its budget was $175 million. It's not like Amazing Spider-Man where its final domestic number was lower than its budget.

Loved it. The best Spidey film by a good mile, one of the better MCU films. I loved how different, funny and small-scale it was compared to the rest. They managed to get a hell of a lot of story in there for something that felt so fast paced and tight. I don't really have any BIG criticisms for it, just little bits in scenes that didn't flow well.

Makes me really want a video game based on it. The new PS4 one looks too serious for my liking.

>Stark erased Ben from the story
How so? I don't recall Ben having the role of Spider-Man's mentor and gadget provider.

We don't know what Sony/Disney's expectations are. It's making good money, but not CW or IM3 money, which I guess for some can be seen as underperforming since Spidey is so popular.

Go to bed Tom.

You didn't think schools allow kids to be gay? user, it's the current year etc.

It's the best End Credit scene to date.
Bonus points for him wearing the goofy Avengers 1 suit

But he did listen. The FBI where on the Ferry.

Flash sucked as a high school bully, even as a cyberbully kind of bully.

T. Someone who got out of high school two years ago.

That's true.

to be fair tony or happy could have been more communicative an taken 15 seconds out of his day to say "I've assigned someone to take care of this, good job kid", or at least assigned someone else to be his guide to do it for him

Not including the backstory was a good move. Everyone knows it by now, even normies. I was worried that the "Iron Man Homecoming" meme was going to be true but he was placed in it sparingly and to good effect. I really enjoyed it though its still only third for super movies this year for me with Logan coming in first and GOTG second. Its been a really good year for cape movies.

Feels like you're watching a Ben Reilly movie more than a real spidey film.

Literally this, people shit on Garfield but his Spider-Man (not Peter but Spider-Man) is easily the best of the three.

Always gonna be McGuire on top if you consider the complete package though

Is that best girl Gwen Stacy?

I liked it, solid 7/10 so it's better than the majority of the MCU. It's probably the 3rd or 4th best in the series so far. Holland and Keaton were both great. I'm. excited to see what they do next, though I hope there are higher personal stakes. I liked that it was self contained and small, I'd love to see that continue, but the personal stakes for Peter weren't very high and I'd love to see another small scale movie where the villain is a bigger threat to those close to him.

Damn! Now I wanna watch the movie for high school nostalgia reasons

One simple line struck me the most, when Spidey shows up and is all like "don't do the bad thing!" and Toomes was all like "WTF, how do you think Stark got so rich?" So glad he pointed that out.

Decent movie, weak as fuck Spider-man movie. Raimi Spider-man is still the best.

>The best Spidey film by a good mile
Marvel drone detected. It was barely a Spider-man movie.

I'm with you on this one bro. OH NO EPIC DUDE DIDN'T SEE THAT ONE COMING

you people are the reason why these movies do so well. just eat it up

no it's betty brant her name was right under her on a screen in the movie

Like for example?

Apes 3 literally stole #1 off spider-man a week later

I liked it.
a decent Spidey/Parker.

Now.. the best spider-man would of course be Hollands body, Maguires Peter and Garfields Spider-man.

I just loved how the ultimate showdown was stopping a good old heist, instead of some overly dramatic revenge scheme or saving the entire city from certain destruction.

>When the only thing people can criticize the movie for is "too many minorities", that's saying something. Either that the movie is so good there are no other significant flaws, or that the people are retarded and unable to see past "muh SJW agenda".

You need to find better bait

Basically this. youtube.com/watch?v=_WRnE-4YKWw&list=WL&index=12

solid 8/10 for me. lots of references to previous movies and comics.

minus points for forced divershit

fucking love movie hecklers bc even if theyre not funny i still get to laugh at them

>The best Spidey film by a good mile
The directing was so stock though. Raimi actually brought some personality to his movies.

MCU movies are all same, what else you can expect from Disn... oh wait.

I liked it.

Kinda don't have much else to say. Yeah. Looking forward to more of this Parker, I guess?