Did the new Star vs the Forces of Evil movie play tonight? Or was it last night? Was it everything we hoped it would be...

Did the new Star vs the Forces of Evil movie play tonight? Or was it last night? Was it everything we hoped it would be?

I feel so out of the loop.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pP2mzK1iQWE
behindthevoiceactors.com/btva-awards/2016/television/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Like 3 days ago m8

They killed all the major characters you care about, only Janna, Jackie, and some miscellaneous school background characters survived
Now they're living in the post-apocalyptic wasteland of what was once Mewni

Moon used dark magic. Toffee was great until he got his body back, and then he becomes a let-down. And there are EVEN MORE references to Star being Satan aka the Morning Star.

whoa

>They killed all the major characters you care about
>Toffee and Glossaryck

There was a 20 minutes long ultra realistic ful frontal bestility rape sequence but it got censored afterward and cut from all available streams.

Good thing my friend recorded it

Post it

>movie
it was really a four part episode and plays out like one
it even counts as the first four episodes of the third season, so the rest of the third season is gonna be short

>only 4 episodes out of 21 aired
>it's gonna be short

Star and River died too

If you feel terrible now, try waiting until November for more episodes only to be greeted with another bomb schedule.

>not caring about Janna and Jackie
>now the Janckie ship can finally take off

It's 7 episodes if you count segments as full episodes.

>if you count segments as full episodes
Ok say that again but slowly

And Marco is implied to survive too

Ten minute segments
Two in an "episode" but they're the smallest chunk you can break the show down into so maybe they should be considered the episodes instead of the bundles of two that they come in.

Are you saying Marco is a secondary school character you don't care about?

Why are Eclipsa's arms and veins black?

Same reason Moon's arms and veins are turning black

And Lekmet!

So there's pretty much no way Star didn't die in the Whispering Spell and is now a magical reconstruction of herself retaining her own memories, right?

If they inspected the crater more closely they may be able to find pieces of original Star.

>If they inspected the crater more closely they may be able to find pieces of original Star.

If that was the case then we'd probably have two Toffee's, wand Toffee and regenerated from whispering spell blast Toffee. At the very least it disintegrates you

Do not believe his lies

Yeah, it was ambiguous where she ended up, but she pretty clearly died.

It does raise the question of what her body is made of now.

>My Queen, we were cleaning the wreckage and we, uh, we sort of found a chunk of your daughter's skull. Do you want it?

Ludo also killed a kid.

That would explain the Spade skull Toffee has on his shoulder. It could be Eclispa's original body, and she reconstructed herself with dark magic

There's no direct confirmation he survived that shit dude

What the fuck are you all memeing about?

The only character to have died in any way is Toffee.

She had dipped too deep into that pool of black rage and dark magic

Glossaryck's dead.

One of the kids that Ludo Levitato'd is missing.

Star is also implied to have died and resurrected.

>Glossaryck's dead
Fake news.

>Star is also implied to have died and resurrected
By what?

She was sucked into another realm, not dead.

The afterlife IS another realm.

Lekmet is still dead even though the other MHC members got revived. Though I guess technically that happened last season but it was confirmed in the movie.

Moon didn't even attempt it because she knew it'd be useless.

Come to think of it, I think Star's body count might be higher than Toffee's or Ludo's

I think it was the green-haired girl who was missing.

She's singing with the angels now

Toffee was a general, his body count is not below 100.

Star held toffee down and fucked him in the skull. People are saying it was an artful manipulation of the Y7 rating but personally I thought it was little brutal.

Nice headcanon m8. How about sticking to the facts tho?

Livestream highlights

youtube.com/watch?v=pP2mzK1iQWE

>Marco: "There should be a country named Nachovia."
>Star: "I'd live there!"
>Marco: "You'd live there?"
>Star: "I'd live there."
>Marco: "Yeah, we could retire there..."
>Star: "Oh yeah."
8:50

>talking about Star calling Marco cute
>Star: "I mean, but look at this guy! Look at that hoodie! Look at that tush."
>Marco: "Yeah- What- My what?! ... Are you turning into Janna or something? Easy on the tush, would ya?"
13:56

>Star and Moon spent 2 weeks at the sanctuary (the only important piece of information we got)
16:11

>Star learns about dabbing
18:32

>Star learns about YEET
19:22

>Star: "What's Starco?"
>Marco: "What?"
>Star: "What is that?"
>Marco: "Oh, Starco is this thing, I read it before when we did the last live chat, it's where the fans out there combine my name and your name, it's just this cool thing."
>Star: "THAT'S AMAZING!"
>Marco: "Yeah, I think it just saves them time when they are talking about this live chat when we're both here."
>Star: "I LOVE ABBREVIATIONS!"
22:41

>SVTFOE stands for Star Very Thinking Friendly of Everyone
23:26

>"That mime was hot"
24:00

>Star: "What's Tumblr?"
>Marco: "Tumblr must be their dimension."
>Star: "WE GOTTA GO THERE!"
>Marco: "Yeah, I hear there is a lot of cool stuff there."
>Star: "I bet we're really popular there!"
24:55

>Star was beautiful in God Mode form
>Marco: "I will second that."
28:59

>Marco spilling spaghetti over Star's transformation
34:00

>Moon was swole
>she was a big butterfly (for you)
34:48

>Marco: "I mean, who wouldn't have a crush on you? Look at you, you're so adorable and fun and magical... You're just... You're just a little oblivious sometimes."
36:13

Have a (you)

>People are saying it was an artful manipulation of the Y7 rating but personally I thought it was little brutal.

goes pretty well with the original scene honestly

I'm like 10 minutes into S3E1, and feeling a but unnerved at the subtle change in the animation.
And the OP isn't a good change. The transitions aren't a good, the animation quality seems poorer.
And I'm a total fucking pleb when it comes to cartoons, so I can't imagine how Sup Forums reacted to it.

It's fucking garbage.

>I have nothing to back up my argument so I'll just say that he is a baiting troll to quickly end the discussion and look good

This is Eclipsa. She is known as the Queen of Darkness because of her love for huge monster cock.

Say something nice about her!

I get how the intro can be pretty jarring but I think the episode animation quality is more or less the same as last season (it's still the same studios)-- which also wasn't amazing either but 3 so far doesn't seem notably better or worse than 2 on that front. Maybe the different intro makes it more noticeable or something?

also
>Sup Forums
>knowing shit about cartoons

She got a fly hat and a pimpin' umbrella wand. And I dig her hella sweet glowing eyes. Spade cheeks are cute, too. 10/10 would genuflect.

Thank you very much. I feel so bad that I missed it Live since both Marco and Star's VAs were there.

>Marco
>having room to call ANYONE oblivious

The old intro was made by one of those S1 animation studios that had bouncy Flash-like animation. Those are gone now.
The new one is by Rough Draft Korea which uses traditional frame by frame animation. They also made the majority of S2 episodes.
So the intro has changed, but the episodes themselves are the same as in S2, as they are being doe by the same studios.

That's not Marco himself, that's just Adam fucking around. They're just outright teasing us.

Marco's not oblivious. He just has low self esteem.

>Star is made entirely of magic now.
>Later, some sort of anti-magic will be used on her and she'll just melt into a pile of goo

And there are EVEN MORE references to Star being Satan
I never noticed any? Could you give some examples from episodes?

Reminder that maximum edgy Star is best Star

To be fair when it comes to cartoon crushes, Star's wasn't really that obvious.

>"She's gonna die."
>Star actually does die for a few minutes

Anybody else notice this.

Yep.

Stop perpetuating this meme

She's a cutie, 10/10 would sign a contract with

Did you already vote user?

behindthevoiceactors.com/btva-awards/2016/television/

>"Let's go kill Toffee" (or whatever she actually says to Moon)
>Star actually does kill Toffee

makes u think

fuck you Ludofags. he was going to die whether the pillar hit him or not entirely because of Star

What if they just gave Toffee his finger back and moved on with their lives?

star is a cute

Nah, Ludo finished Toffee like the dying dog in a ditch that he was.

What meme?

People who were dead:
River and those kids
Star
Toffee
Ludo
Glossaryck

Who's still dead?

Add to that
Lekmet (permanently)
The entire MHC (temporarily)
Jackie's relevance

Is Star dead?

I wanna La Resistance her if you know what I mean.

Maybe I'm just imagining it, but it feels like towards the end of S2 and from what I've seen of S3 that frame changes and audio work isn't as smooth. Background noise cuts out suddenly BEFORE i a character starts speaking instead of it overlapping like a normal interruption would - that's the best I can describe it. It's really choppy and jarring.

When did Ludo actually die? Unless I'm forgetting something he was probably still alive even when his body was briefly taken over by Star and Toffee.

>"Star, your horns are poking me."
>"Take them off."

Militant Starcofags piss me off to no end, but this is undoubtedly the most cute and perfect scene of affection I have ever witnessed on television.

Yes, she's currently a ghoul.

militant shippers are cancer in general

Sauce?

What if Star began to medication so she could focus in class more, but in turn became really bland and distant?

Good calls, knew I was forgetting somebody.
It's not about actual deaths, it is about perceived deaths. I thought he was a goner for sure when Toffee absorbed him, for a couple of seconds before he spat him out.

>River and those kids
Were in the sky.

>Star
Was in the wand realm.

>Toffee
Was in the wand realm. Now actually dead.

>Ludo
Had his consciousness gone while others took over his body due to being fused with the wand.

>Glossaryck
Is in the wand realm.

I posted this in one of the previous threads but I'm gonna post it here too
>From what I gathered from the sneak peak
Star remembers the deal that Moon and Eclipsa made and since Eclipsa wasn't freed, only the crack formed, she'll see it as Moon not keeping her end of the deal. Moon tries to warn Star about freeing her, saying that she can make you do things you don't want to. But, being the buffoon Star is, she frees Eclipsa, asking Star how the spell went, believing that she is young Moon. Eclipsa will find out that some time has passed since she made the deal, and shit will go done from there.
Discuss.

She seems like a nice lady

Wan anyone else expecting a Toffee origin story?

i want to fuck the mime

I'm holding out we'll still get one

Idiot, see: Not about actual deaths, just people the audience thought were dead
>implying Toffee is dead
Ishygddt

Okay I just looked at recent news and there's not a single mention of Michael C Hall's cancer coming back. That was bullshit

The mime is a man.

Toffee
Ain't
Dead
Yet
Nigga
I want to fuck the mime

First stage: denial

canon Moon/Toffee

Ik he ain't dead yet that's why only the crack formed. But Star is too much of a dingus and thinks it's moon not keeping her end of the deal

dont have the post but one staff member said that the background art for the scene with star and glossaryck was titled "purgatory"

Can we all agree that Eden fucking owned the live chat? She really is just Star IRL.
It was really awkward at times, but she and Adam clearly had so much fun making the chat, I hope they do more of them together.

Also, she really doesn't seem as opposed to Starco as the memes say. Half the teasing came from herself.