/hyw/ - How's Your Webcomic? #387

LAST DAY BEFORE HYW COMIC CHALLENGE

Welcome fellow anons with dreams of becoming the next ONE (and hopefully not the next Willis). Here we discuss our progress on our webcomics and see what we can do better.

We also shitpost.

Don't expect too much.

Other urls found in this thread:

artists.pixelovely.com/practice-tools/figure-drawing/
quickposes.com/pages/timed
senshistock.deviantart.com/gallery/
shutterstock.com/
pinterest.com/characterdesigh/
tumblr.com/theme/39018
pastebin.com/kNR2W5mV
docs.google.com/document/d/1uwfOSHXfrgvcf--PkPz9jXL6p5RqIsrYvXYwgQpgT3k/edit#
discord.gg/rXMbdqP
youtube.com/watch?v=Pb5oIIPO62g
courses.cs.washington.edu/courses/cse456/07su/administrative/invisible_ink_part_1.pdf
courses.cs.washington.edu/courses/cse456/07su/administrative/invisible_ink_part_2.pdf
courses.cs.washington.edu/courses/cse456/07su/administrative/invisible_ink_part_3.pdf
chrisoatley.com/category/podcasts/
web.archive.org/web/20140625035030/http://paperwingspodcast.com/
blambot.com/
cienciasecognicao.org/rotas/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/Robert-McKee-Story.pdf
miss-melee.tumblr.com/post/143483233951/
mediafire.com/folder/9pf1nwwa92lbp/Comics_for_making_Comics
youtube.com/results?search_query=how to draw comics
capeworldcomics.com/.
pdsh.wikia.com/wiki/Airboy),
youtube.com/watch?v=PflG4NCeYro&feature=youtu.be
patreon.com/cthor
youtube.com/watch?v=EEq4ipHJ6Mo
youtube.com/watch?v=DOtoIBrBAYE
youtube.com/watch?v=EdXTqxTWxcM
tapas.io/episode/763845
youtube.com/watch?v=sbRPGGJQao4
youtube.com/watch?v=p9OBf8f55tU
youtube.com/watch?v=-oRbStmxvm4
youtube.com/watch?v=pTVZwwcV33k
arthur.wikia.com/wiki/Lydia_Fox#Character_development
swnewsmedia.com/savage_pacer/news/year-old-draws-new-arthur-friend/article_e4dae9f0-2eaa-5352-baac-c71fd47646f1.html
startribune.com/a-new-friend-for-arthur/44569532/
youtube.com/watch?v=ZsBKbUIyiPY
youtube.com/watch?v=oKshI6VrdFU
orig06.deviantart.net/3e1a/f/2016/356/5/3/lkjh_by_thedutchbrony-dashi0t.jpg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

goth grill z is my favorite /hyw/ comic

Scrub Authors GOODIE Bag
Here’s a short list of sites that any new webcomic artist or writer will find handy:
>*-Struggling to find that perfect FONT? Create your own using this link;
calligraphr.com

>*-Don’t forget to brush up on that ANATOMY:
artists.pixelovely.com/practice-tools/figure-drawing/
quickposes.com/pages/timed

>*-What’s a list without some reference STOCK IMAGES?
People: senshistock.deviantart.com/gallery/
Scenery: shutterstock.com/

>*-Here's a big fat compilation of CHARACTER DESIGN REFERENCE:
pinterest.com/characterdesigh/ (surprisingly not a typo)

>Links to get a rough WEBSITE started up:
Easy to use tumblr webcomic theme: tumblr.com/theme/39018
Do’s and Don’ts for starting a site: pastebin.com/kNR2W5mV
>Contact sheet if anyone wants to put information down, like their site and webcomic:
docs.google.com/document/d/1uwfOSHXfrgvcf--PkPz9jXL6p5RqIsrYvXYwgQpgT3k/edit#

>DISCORD CHAT going on:
discord.gg/rXMbdqP

>Wise words from John Cleese:
youtube.com/watch?v=Pb5oIIPO62g

>Invisible Ink:
courses.cs.washington.edu/courses/cse456/07su/administrative/invisible_ink_part_1.pdf
courses.cs.washington.edu/courses/cse456/07su/administrative/invisible_ink_part_2.pdf
courses.cs.washington.edu/courses/cse456/07su/administrative/invisible_ink_part_3.pdf

>Paper Wings
chrisoatley.com/category/podcasts/
web.archive.org/web/20140625035030/http://paperwingspodcast.com/

>Fonts for your webcomic on Blambot:
blambot.com/

>Writing Resources:
cienciasecognicao.org/rotas/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/Robert-McKee-Story.pdf

>Guide to promoting your comic:
miss-melee.tumblr.com/post/143483233951/

>Comics for makin' comics!
mediafire.com/folder/9pf1nwwa92lbp/Comics_for_making_Comics

youtube.com/results?search_query=how to draw comics

Previous:

You can also participate on a HYW challenge!

>Theme: Castaway in space
>Genre (options):
>noir
>romance
>slice of life
>Deadline: July 19

ONLY ONE MORE DAY LEFT!

retard tier rankings:

1. bones
2. coldfusion
3. dewd

I actually agree with bones. What a world.

This is a Dewd excuse. Literally. He's used the EXACT same reasoning for why he doesn't bother trying to improve. Something being your hobby, or that you do for fun, isn't an excuse for not wanting and actively trying to improve. Bones' post is a bit harsh and shitpost-y, but he has a point. When even Bones is right about you, you have a problem. You're turning into just a tranny version of Dewd.

Well, not quite. Dewd's comic at least doesn't have gagworthy self-insert wish fulfillment perfect waifu for the author garbage in it like yours does.

I'm the writer of a writer/artist duo.

This is our site:capeworldcomics.com/.

We do superhero stories.

Every Monday there's an illustrated text story and every Friday a comic. When my artist isn't feeling so hot I put up pages from public domain comics and write re-imaginings of public domain superheros. The current text story is about substitute teachers taking a group of super-powered kids to a museum on superheroes. The comic story is about the first superhumans in the setting, two cavemen at the dawn of time, one destined to be the world's first superhero and the other destined to be his supervillian.

I appreciate any feedback about the art or stories you guys could give.

We've just started so there's not a lot on the site right now.

That's the comic, and this is from the illustrated text story about the kids and the museum.

One of their substitute teachers is a paranormal investigator. Her name is Ms. Cryptic, and she's a giant moth-owl-thing based on cryptids such as the Flatwoods Monster and Mothman.

And the filler is a re-imagining of public domain darling Daredevil!

He's currently sharing backstory with guest star Airboy (pdsh.wikia.com/wiki/Airboy), so there's not much action...yet.

But the next filler update has Daredevil fight the Luftwaffe...by jumping between the wings of their planes.

>all this horse shit in one post, talking about my art as if you have seen it for a while, when you just said you have "never seen my art before."
so which one is it bones?

It's not an excuse, and even though I hate dewd it's completely valid, he's in college so he isn't doing this full time ether.

I already said, I attempt to improve when it's necessary, but I simply don't care enough to spend the time becoming great at every aspect of art.

and once again, you pretend as if I haven't improved since a few months ago, every fucking time this gets brought up, people will pretend improvement hasn't been made.

bones is actually not as retarded as he used to be. there is veritable mental growth on his part, verbally he's not much different though so he still sounds the same. but his self awareness and perceptivity have come a long way.

>you pretend as if I haven't improved since a few months ago, every fucking time this gets brought up, people will pretend improvement hasn't been made.
put your trip back on dewd

Interesting! I'm doing something similar where I post a comic and an illustrated text story every week. It's a drain, but I don't see any other way of getting all my ideas and worldbuilding out there. Text just moves "faster" than comics and with all the worldbuilidng I'm doing I got to work fast.

On that note how do you guys handle worldbuilding and backstory without it becoming a dull exposition dump? In my Daredevil story I try to tie the dump into the conversation he has with Airboy to try to keep things interesting by showing how they react to whats being discussed differently. In Eyes of Dawn all the exposition is done as a lesson to children and the children's comments and reactions help keep things interesting-or at least I hope they do!

What do you guys do about exposition?

if you have improved it was in menial pointless things. i can't really pick anything out because from what i've seen on the hyw discord for the past few months your stuff still looks the same. maybe you think you've gotten better at writing, or drawing certain things, but that's probably it. you still have that beginners anime style that is dreadful to look at. at least dewd's drawings are somewhat fun and exciting despite the fucking ugly anatomy and all the other problems

and yet you have the gall to shit on dewd over any little thing on the server. you're below him in every way. no one wants to read a marysue anime-hack comic with cliche writing.
i do hope you do finally put aside your excuse at not wanting to actively improve rather than "passively". although honestly youre probably one of those people that are incapable of (autist), but uhh i really hope you aren't.
anyways, you'll probably just rebuff this mabel

would you rather have a successful comic, or your waifu becomes real?

if you answered the latter you're NGMI, leave and never come back

>all these bullies
this is why people leave the threads and it dies. no one has to conform to your arbitrary standards, if you don't have fun doing it then what's the point of a hobby? fuck off and let people do their own thing

i'm really surprised we dont get more people using the public domain guys. especially black cat and kitten. everyone TALKS about doing it
I dig those. We need more of those too.

We've talked about this, darlin'. You've gotta stop being rused and/or rankled so easily. It's disrupting the rest of the class. You don't need to defend your obvious and frankly heroic improvement from crap to not crap, acting this defensive only makes you sound insecure and invites more bullying.

kill yourself coldfusion

>calling anyone who disagrees with you a bully
And that's why these threads have such piss poor standards. Suddenly trying to help others improve and progress is being elitist, while idiots like ColdFusion suck every cock they can to be "friendly."
People are being too harsh on Mabel, but I agree with their core criticism: she needs to improve her art, and she needs to learn to take criticism. Mabel, please just learn that if someone tells you your art has issues, it's always an acceptable answer to say, "Thank you for pointing those out. I am still learning and so I still make mistakes, but I will continue to practice so that I will no longer make those mistakes." It's that fucking easy, no need to scream about it. People are going to shit on your comic. It happens. Accept it, and move on with your life.

>idiots like ColdFusion suck every cock they can to be "friendly."
seriously why is he such a cock sucker?

I don't got any plans for Black Cat and Kitten yet, but I've been trying to fit in as many public domain superheroes into Capreworld's lore as sort of its JSA/Invaders as I can.

The two Daredevil stories alone guest star Airboy and drop references to American Crusader, Thor, Samson, and especially Ibis the Invincible. I'm trying to go the distance here. The trick is to preserve what makes the characters cool while adding my own spin on things.

I've expanded on Daredevil's backstory to play up his "parents killed and then he's taught boomerangs by Australian Aboriginals" backstory. Now he's a guy who paints himself two colors because he's honoring the Great Rainbow Serpent of Australian myth who gave him his powers. He's themed duality. He's got one foot in the physical world and one in the mystic. He's a white man raised by Aboriginals. He's deeply in touch and knowledgeable of Capeworld's magic but tries his hardest not to be too alienating around other people so he acts like a playful swashbuckler.

I think I've got something good here with Daredevil.

It also helps that boomerangs are really cool weapons that don't get enough play in comics.

>Everyone TALKS about doing it

I know exactly how you feel, I've been apart of several Sup Forums public domain brain storming sessions in the past.

I've decided to do something about it.

This cover is really nice, I think it's visually interesting despite minor anatomy issues. Cave paintings are underrated, they somehow manage to create weight and form without being 3D or taking perspective into account.
I'm kind of busy today, so I can't give you a detailed reply right now (maybe in like 7-ish hours? jesus christ), but I can tell you right now that I like the art, I think the coloring decisions are a strong point, and the designs looks promising. As far as writing goes, you've managed to overcome the first hurdle and actually interest, at least, me. Please take that as a compliment, that was my intention.
I would prefer not knowing that these cavemen would not become the first superhero/supervillian, and rather find out for myself as the story progresses. If you had to explain the premise, maybe something like
>Super humans at the dawn of time.

And I would like to comment on handling exposition, but I'm on a real time crunch. I'm not sure how long your projects are, and I think that's an important thing to consider.

Thanks for replying. I'll pass on anything you have to say to my artist.

You got a good point about changing the premise. Superhumans at the dawn of time sounds better.

>I'm not sure how long your projects are

The comic updates once a week, and will probably take a year to finish its story. The text stuff moves at a much faster pace though. Assuming things go as we hope and Capeworld starts producing money we might be able to cut times in half.

Hm, after 3 hours to render in windows movie maker and 1 hour to leave my house and bring it all the way here to a computer with real internet it says its blocked world wide because it had 20 seconds of a smashing pumpkins song in it, 20 seconds... isnt fair use like 30 seconds????

well i will just put in safer songs i know wont get blocked, its going to take 4 hours all over again so i will just wait until tonight to upload it.

thanks, im glad you like it!

why am i #1? did i hurt your feelings?

successful comic

hey when im right im right, lol :P

you sound a bit upset, calm down and ask me again when i get back online tonight.

thanks?

fucking billy corgan, am i right? :/

i'm like one or two panels from finishing mine,

Oh neat, I didn't know we had things like this. I'll try to enter the next one.

That's actually pretty fast. What does your process look like? Do you wrote him a script, he sends you a storyboard or draft, discuss any additional comments, and then post the page? How did you find your artist? It's kind of a common question for some people here.

Sorry, when I talk about length I mean how long do you expect your comic to be. Twenty pages? Three books?

oh, wait, nevermind, i forgot i could do something else to fix it, its fixed now, kind of: youtube.com/watch?v=PflG4NCeYro&feature=youtu.be

It's neat we're getting some new people still. And what's more, new people doing something nobody else here is doing

I write the script, he sends roughs and we discuss, then he makes inks and I post one page every Friday. So far that's worked.

>How did you find your artist?

On Sup Forums. I do some forum-tabletop games on /qst/. He was one of the guys doing fanart of my games. We talked, and now we got a webcomic going.

>How long do you expect your comic to be?

About 20 pages and two to three issues. This of course is just for the story "Princes of Dawn". Other stories might be shorter or longer. We're planning on doing Capeworld a longggg time. I got enough ideas to keep us going for lifetimes.

yeah hopefully you can join us for the next one!!! I'm excited to see tomorrow some different approaches and styles to the same topic

patreon.com/cthor

I just launched my Patreon. All of the comic I've posted on other places are up here for free as well, while page 18 is up early for all tiers, and 19 is up for the HACKER.EXE tier.

It's a character driven toony action comic about a robot/human/cyborg/anthro society, think Sonic SatAM and such.

Those wrinkles you put on your characters' faces age them a lot, while it seems you were going for a youthful look with their designs. It might look better if you conveyed facial contortions by just varying the eyes/mouth shapes rather than adding wrinkles around them.

AT A LEISURELY PACE!!!

Have you ever come up with a story/setting/character/or anything else after listening to a specific song?

If so, what's the song and what did it influence?

>Have you ever come up with a story/setting/character/or anything else after listening to a specific song?

I must admit it happens every time. I usually have an idea of what I want to get, and then songs help me a bit.

youtube.com/watch?v=EEq4ipHJ6Mo
This for example helped to keep a character whose motivation is to keep on living to find a way to rescue his lover. His lover was kidnapped and turned into an eldritch abomination against his will, and is now missing in some eldritch dimension.

youtube.com/watch?v=DOtoIBrBAYE
Listening to this one made me come up with a background for a character that previously was just a woman in the fridge, which in turn also helped to develop more the guy that was related to her.
Original draft (from the guy I was co-writing with): Guy is a genetist, out fake main villain and is kind of a sociopath, but marries a woman on his workplace and later kills her just because.
Later draft after a lot of Navras: We know the woman was a coworker who was more on the robotics department. She and the genetist really did love each other, but she later finds out the organization they work for is manipulating them by targeting their egos. When she tries to warn him they get in a fight and he ends up stabbing her in a fit of rage. He thinks he killed her but she had enough time to do her own keikaku of uploading herself into the net and later on she actually aids her husband when he finally sees he was a retard.

youtube.com/watch?v=EdXTqxTWxcM
This is a fun one. Same setting as above. We had 2 minor villains that pretty much did nothing in the setting and were just "well they just are in there, the second villain is angry that the first one died because we need some reference dialogue". After listening to the song I came up with the idea of making those two something like vitriolic best friends and bond over family. Also both survive instead of dying like bitches.

I did a "4 hours 4 comic pages" challenge last year, and the most easy thing for me was to adapt a song that could make for that amount of pages, ended up drawing "there is a light that never goes out" by the smiths. I admit i thought more of that scene of 500 days of summer than of morrisey when doing it.

tapas.io/episode/763845

youtube.com/watch?v=sbRPGGJQao4

Came up with a villain who's main ability is a more subtle version of mind control.

Rather than actually forcing someone to do something he instead implants an idea in the person's mind. The person keeps thinking about it until they not only do it but actually think they're the ones to have the idea in the first place.

How would this affect an action that the person is morally opposed to?
Could he (eventually) make a die-hard eco-crusader Vegan hippie eat a fast food burger? How long would it take before they succumbed to temptation?

Or would he concentrate on influencing people who would already be predisposed to the outcome he is after?
>Yeah, that Joe from Accounts was a jerk to me too. Boy, wouldn't it be great if someone, I dunno, slashed his tyres?

It's a mix of a few factors that determine how likely they're to actually do a thing.

If the person is morally opposed with every fiber of his being to doing something it would take an incredible amount of effort on the villains part to actually get them to do what he wants but he could eventually get them to do it.

The second scenario you listed is much more of what he actually does.

youtube.com/watch?v=p9OBf8f55tU

This song helps me think up ideas and plotlines for one of the leaders of the robotic army that will become the main antagonist force in the series. He needs music around him constantly because he's unstable and needs it to keep his cool

Also Prokofiev helps too
youtube.com/watch?v=-oRbStmxvm4

Is the leader a robot, himself?

This is really spoopy, feeds a lot the paranoia fuel.

>He needs music around him constantly because he's unstable and needs it to keep his cool

This is a neat idea, I really like when a character needs to be constantly listening something (or obstruct sounds) to remain calm.

I'm imagining that he listens to nothing but Eurotrash

>This is a neat idea
Thanks, I had plans to have the MCs use this to their advantage and make him completely lose his shit by blasting hard metal or some experimental stuff

He listens to straight classical and has pretentious tastes

youtube.com/watch?v=pTVZwwcV33k

Came up with an idea of story

>Modern setting
>Magic users are common
>MC is attending a magic academy in Germany
>As she gets used to her new life students begin getting killed
>A Witch Hunter named Ulysses takes the credit.
>Even worse, Ulysses is someone in the school

Not sure why this came to mind but it did.

Yes he is, his names Delta Leader. He doesnt come into my story until later however.

WCL is finishing up a waifu-making contest. I don't actually have a use for the character I made so I figure I'll release her into the wild and if anyone wants to use her that's fine.

here's the first draft of her

Neato
Is there a particular reason why a Witch Hunter infiltrated a magic school other than to kill witches?

>Cool robot guy in a suit with pretentious classical tastes

Why do you people keep pandering to my fetishes?

>she summoned a demon to get herself a husband
>demon and satanist actually fell in love

Haha, fuck this is the kind of stuff I'm weak for.

>I don't actually have a use for the character I made so I figure I'll release her into the wild and if anyone wants to use her that's fine.

Is this what people call "adoptables"? Does the demon husband and kids come with the package? I love the idea but I wouldn't have any use for them if I adopted them, not on the immediate time anyway. Better she finds a home with some other lucky user.

>Why do you people keep pandering to my fetishes
Hes got a Scottish accent too

What kind of cookies are those?

>Hes got a Scottish accent too

Less an adoptable (although I do those sometimes) and more just an open source character. Any number of people can use her.

I never drew the demon husband but the intent was to be just a generic shadowy figure that an audience could project themselves onto. My general mental picture is Venom in a necktie.

Bev is conditionally immortal and demon biology is whatever you want it to be so there can be potentially infinite kids. The template I guess would be any ambiguously brown half-human half-demon with the last name 'Nephilim' could be one of Bev's kids.

I was thinking of the wrath cookies in Cookie Clicker when I drew them.

I've just been sketching

>Is there a particular reason why a Witch Hunter infiltrated a magic school other than to kill witches?

Story reason?
He heard a rumour that there's something hidden that can remove all magic from the world.

Real reason?
Witch ass

Does anyone here take requests for comics?

Because please I want someone to be very kind to make me a comic

Thank you

I take comic commissions, but not requests.

pity.

I do not have any money to make commissions.

And to top it off, I will not be able to return to Deviantart, for a long time

I'm making a mini-girl comic. It's gonna be porn material a few pages in tho.

Sure, I only going to give you three panels. How many comic scripts do you need?

Well, the idea for my comic is a story about Lydia Fox (From Arthur)

With the original idea that Connor Gordon (The Original Creator Of Lydia) had for her

The comic would be of lydia (with 7 years of age)

while she was in a pool. and it is immersed in the shallow end of the pool, and suffered a spinal injury that paralyzed from the waist down.

arthur.wikia.com/wiki/Lydia_Fox#Character_development

swnewsmedia.com/savage_pacer/news/year-old-draws-new-arthur-friend/article_e4dae9f0-2eaa-5352-baac-c71fd47646f1.html

startribune.com/a-new-friend-for-arthur/44569532/
youtube.com/watch?v=ZsBKbUIyiPY

youtube.com/watch?v=oKshI6VrdFU

and the number of scripts that is necessary

orig06.deviantart.net/3e1a/f/2016/356/5/3/lkjh_by_thedutchbrony-dashi0t.jpg

>inb4 is the Lydia from Arthur request

I knew it!

>It's not an excuse
lol yes it is

sit down sweetie

>It's this faggot again

You're not getting a comic that long for free, and nobody is gonna want to draw it for free just so you can get your mothercare boner.

Yes, it's My request from Lydia

seriously what's that guy's deal? why is he obsessed with a children's cartoon from 2 decades ago? creepy as fuck

I'm sorry, but I will not be able to return to Deviantart for a very long time.

And also Deviantart I can not find anyone to make my request for a comic.

And for worse, I do not have any money for commissions.

Where do you recommend me to go to get my request?

Seek Amputee fetish using ctrl+f

There are people who get excited when seeing disabled or incapacitatied people, usually small women since it gives them a sense of showing mother instincts and the person with the discapacity has dependency on that person. Making a an excitment over power-play, it's just a fucked up spectrum of the dominant-submission nature of sex.

Have I been absent? Yes.
Do I have anything to show that I have worked on in my absence? No.

To sum things up, a lot has happened in my life that most of you would say "what the fuck are you complaining about?" and "those are good problems to have."

As far as my main project, "Esper Girl Oko", to say that the project has been scaled back is an understatement. This is partially due to the fact that I decided on a more character driven story rather than whatever you'd have called it before. This has also has required significantly more research in my ever dwindling free time.

The story will still focus on Oko and will focus a little bit more on the "Esper" part.

>To sum things up, a lot has happened in my life that most of you would say "what the fuck are you complaining about?" and "those are good problems to have."
what good problems are those? it better not be a fucking gf or some shit

I already made my request in /d/

I hope someone is kind enough to do it

>it better not be a fucking gf or some shit

I got a promotion at work that finally put me at 40+ hrs a week and will pay for my schooling going forward, I start online classes in the fall. Benefits include a Gold's Gym membership, Insurance which is nice because I need surgery here soon, and the increase in pay means I can finally start looking for a new place without a Roomie, to BUY.

And I wouldn't call her my Girlfriend as much as my +1 to the local swingers club.

kill yourself, you don't belong here anymore

What if i promise to write an embellished web-comic about my first trip to the club?

go on

Absolutely nothing like porn, i think for every hour I was there, I probably spent 10 minutes in the act, including fore and post play, the rest was socializing.

Is she Marula's evil twin?

I'm sorry, I still remember your bakery storytime

Hey hello danger bitch

Ive decided to change style. Other way takes far too long and I don't think it looks any worse with the change

She's the good twin

dong bring up the past, let sleeping dogs lie

I had forgotten how much I like this

>festival season approaching soon
>don't want the comic to go on vacation, too
>furiously draw panels every day
>even with only three panels being released a week it's taking so much time

That being said, it's still fun. I'm getting more into it as I go along. Maybe one day I'll be able to draw, too. That would be a good day.

you're hella right, i guess

oh my gosh Im so happy whenever I see your drawings

kek

I've been told that by quite a few people. Someone once even told me they will stop following me if I'd ever learn how to actually draw for real.

You cannot seriously be this naive. Not that there aren't people like this, but it's obviously a troll.

>full time work and school
naw man, that's legit problems
>online classes
oh that's okay
>benefits
for things that you shouldnt need in the first place but yeah
>home ownership
not sure whether to agree that's a good problem to have or to warn you to just run now while you can

I don't know which one is supposed to be the new one, but I feel the left looks better

I want to own my own place, start building equity, renting is not an investment. Plus I don't like that I can hardly make a peep after 11 without landlords up my ass.

Permission to use this for my da account pic? Saw it in the last thread.

I need your strength guys

as I promised I am working on a compilation to show you guys. this will be used at a portfolio review and I need your feedback on the Kinematic gallery thus far. keep in mind that it is still a work in progress.

this review will take place at San Diego Comic Con. and companies such as Darkhorse, Marvel, among many others to name a few will be accepting sessions for signup there.

I would be humbled if I could get your help on this. I will continue to add more pages as I organize all my work.

puu. sh

/wN7bL/25fdd2f352

.pdf

thank you.

Will you be including any sequential pages? Stuff that shows your storytelling abilities will be crucial if you want your portfolio to be effective.

yes! I am going to add that stuff after the group shots

So far it looks good (God I love your style), but it needs more stuff. You said you would add more so that is checked at least.

As the other user said, adding sequential pages would help a lot to your portfolio.

I say you should also add the cover you did a few days ago, the one you were coloring and all. In fact, try to add more "finished" drawings to your portfolio if you can, sketches and concept art is fine but it shouldn't be all what your portfolio has.

On a side note too, try to only keep the new and better drawings. I noticed you have some drawings in there that look a bit outdated. The rule for portfolios like these ones is usually "show your best and newest work".