Daily reminder that being Finn is suffering and here's why

daily reminder that being Finn is suffering and here's why
>becomes an orphan on accident
>can;t have a stable relatonship because no one taught him how to
>is the only human in a world basically filled with mutants with the exception being a far off island
>has to keep a primordial demon in check even though he is literally only a human being
>gets abandoned by his dad at least 3 times
>gets new episodes in short spurts that, while good, don't last very long discussion wise
is there anything I'm missing?

He killed himself.

another suffering finn thread? man these are my favorites

Twice

He's also an immortal reality warping God who is just playing with having human emotions.
Everything that happens to him is something that he secretly wants

Did you guys have people teaching you how to have a stable relationship? Am I the only one who didn't?

He lost his right arm multiple times?

lived through Jake almost dying multiple times
developed abandonement issues

Oh yeah, I keep forgetting that's canon. Came out of fucking nowhere.

No, he's a normal human being. He was only a comet in a past life, which has no bearing on his current one.

wanting ≠ deserving
a person may wish for harm to come their way because they're self destructive

Are you forgetting the part where he summoned BananaMan's space ship to save him and Jake?

That was random.

Ahuh.
It was just random after Finn soliloquises for a bit about how he has ultimate control over everything that happens in his life.
And then he meets another space-god that asks him if he's done with playing mortal and whether he wants to go back to being a regular god again?

You're missing the point. Everyone reincarnates, it isn't specific to Finn. Remember that Martin was also able to take up the Comet's offer to enter a new mode of existence. He is just a regular, human boy.

>Finn soliloquises for a bit about how he has ultimate control over everything that happens in his life.
He soliloquises about his belief that the universe will sort things out. He believes that because of his utmost belief, that he was able to summon Martin, but Martin argues it was just chance. It's a matter of perspective. The show doesn't definitely say whether Finn had anything to do with it or not. And if he did, it wasn't because he was a god or anything.

yes

>Everyone reincarnates, it isn't specific to Finn
Except that his reincarnating spirit is a space-god and not like everyone else.

Moynihan:
"I've noticed a recurring misunderstanding of Finn-as-cosmic-god variation. I guess I blame myself for not being clearer, at the same time the focus of my writing in S6 was to NOT be clear all the time. If it helps at all, as a personal footnote- Finn is not a cosmic god or whatever. He's just a normal human. His soul was delivered to Earth by a comet but It should be understood that Earth is as cosmic as the comet. We all derive from the same source material. The theme of reincarnation is used to illustrate how connected we are through time, not just Finn. Finn is special because we're all special. Even butterflies and piles of pink glowing turds."

Death of the author, mate.

Everything points to Finn himself being special.
Like summoning help.
Or having the new Comet offer to him personally about the whole "new mode" things.
To the Comet asking Finn if Finn created it

Shut up and post Finn being happy with PB or HW

Fair enough, you can interpret it however you want, but I like my interpretation better.

death of the author my ass, if word of god says it, then it's canon

I'll do you one better.

>finn smiling happily
ew

Once art is created and distributed, it is a separate entity from the creator.
The goal is for the recipients to understand the message in the same way that the creator did.
But that's not always true.

Death of the author is an important critical function. Without it, you stop discussing the art itself and focus on the author, which defeats the purpose of actually discussing the art.

I haven't watched the show in eons.
How did he kill himself?

I mean, I think there was an alternate version that he turned into a sword or something?

I'm the user who was disagreeing with them, but they're right on this. I was just showing what Moynihan's intent was to help explain my position.

Although I do strongly disagree with their interpretation. Making Finn into a God would ruin the whole point of his character - a normal, human boy exploring a magical fantasy land.

>Making Finn into a God would ruin the whole point of his character - a normal, human boy exploring a magical fantasy land.
Totally agree.
Which is why I really don't like that episode

first of all: watch the fucking show
second of all:
he broke the finn sword accidentally, and then he also accidentally killed fern

I'm not supposed to fap to this?

It's funny, because I really liked it.

you're encouraged to fap to finn suffering

No. The storyboarder pointed out being a reincarnation of a comet doesn't make him special at all. Everything he has done so far is all the actions of a 15 year old human boy, nothing more

>implying a thousand-year-old tiefling adflicted with vampirism could love a teenaged human
>implying Marceline isn't a carpet-muncher

Oh I see. Thanks for the info.

Man, Adventure Time is a long show!
I tried to keep up with it online but it got a bit tiresome.

>Implying she couldn't
>Implying Love between immortals and Mortals isn't the purest kind there is
>Implying I give a rats ass about a ship that the writers are too cowardly to even openly support and instead result to hinting at and doing nothing valuable with.

You should tell that to the oldfag on the occasional Ava'sDemon General thread who keeps insisting everyone should have known a character is fluid gender because they read it on formsprings that no one bothers to read

Definitely not THAT episode tho. I'm inly human

Oh sob me a river story.

>gets abandoned by his dad at least 3 times
He had two loving dog parents and had a great childhood.

Who the hell is "taught how to have a stable relationship"? Some kind of robot. Jake was taught just as much/little as Finn and he turned out fine-ish relationship-wise.

>has to keep a primordial demon in check even though he is literally only a human being
That's like his favorite part of his year. Although he's growing out of it.

>gets new episodes in short spurts that, while good, don't last very long discussion wise
Join the club.

>not fapping at one of the episodes where finn suffers the most
what are you, a child?
[spoilers]having daddy issues makes those episodes even more fap-worthy[/spoiler]

What? That's one of the best episodes to fap to.

>He had two loving dog parents
and they died very early
>Jake was taught just as much/little as Finn and he turned out fine-ish relationship-wise
that's just not true, he's failing as a partner and parent, he's never there for them, they're just very understanding (well, lady rainicorn more than his kids)
>That's like his favorite part of his year
where did you even get that

also, what about
>lost his arm tragically trying to hold on to his father who ran away from him
>has witnessed his only family (jake) die or almost die countless times
>killed his alternate self twice

Is Fubble truly dead? They keep implying he still cares for her, but is ok with just being friends

fuckdamnit I fucked up the spoiler tag, well whatever

Yes.

>had a great childhood
no, he didn't
he had a sub-par childhood where he was treated as a sub-par child

Yeah, it died when PB aged up

Fuck them for cheap assing their way out of HunterFin

fubble is dead, finnceline is dead, finnXphoebe is dead, china and russia markets too strong to actually bubbline, huntress wizard is too out of touch with her feelings.

That's fucking stupid.

>Is Fubble truly dead?
yes
>They keep implying he still cares for her
it's not like she cares for him that way

Was Finnceline ever truly alive? In the show, it always seemed like they were just friends

I can't wait for HW to get HUMANED

so finnxbreezy is endgame?

>They keep implying he still cares for her
so what? they do the same about flame princess
he still cares about them and is probably confused, it doesn't mean they'll get together again, sorry user
Finn's endgame is gonna be suffering

>Watching AT
>After Pendleton left.

>not watching cartoons but still posting on Sup Forums
>being this much of a faggot

Yeah, but that wasn't meant to be a personal superpower of Finn's. That's the artist's view of the meaning of life for everybody. He conveyed that pretty poorly.

It seemed like it would be a really likely alternative before the rewrite her character to push Bubbline.

He can, Jake taught him how to.

jake is terrible at relationships

>implying finn has it remotely bad at all compared to fern (peace be upon him)
lets count this out
>have the exact same life experience as you've just described
>out of nowhere at some point people tell you you're just a clone, not the real you
>no friends, no family, no material possessions
>at best you're treated like an unreliable sidekick of the ""real"" you
>go mad because literally anyone would in this situation
>also there's a leech in your brain basically which doesn't help
>get murdered

but boo-a-bloo finn has it so bad does he now

Fern's problem is that he was made to be a burden on Finn.
Grass Curse.

If he was just a second Finn, he'd be ok. But he was made in Finn's image to make Finn suffer.

Also, Paradox Finn's character development stopped in S6. He didn't experience anything past "Is That You?", including the closure with Martin and Flame Princess.

He's 16.

>16 year old virgin
No wonder he's becoming fucked up

He fucked a rainbowcorn and became a dad

yes, but he's never with them, he doesn't even live with them

The new episodes have been absolutely garbage though.

I liked the previous two big arcs.
BMOs virtual world was fucking GOAT

no finnxbronwyn is

>Pendleton left
he stepped down but he didn't leave: he remained involved in episode outlines until a little after stakes (and there's the occasional episode that still has him involved in the story) and he boarded two eps recently

Currently re watching the show and is it me or does Ice Finn seem more powerful than Ice King? Hes also bat shit insane in comparison to the Ice King and he hasn't had the crown on very long. I though because hes a good guy he'd have more resistance to the crown.

Finn is a bitch, Adventure Time sucks and the shitty psudo-philosophy majors that work on this show will be out of a job at the end of the season.

Happy thread, OP.

Ice Finn's family all got nuked and Finn is naturally as gogetter.
Simon is a bookish nerd who is actively trying to protect Marcie

That's only really effective when the creator has STOPPED creating. Whatever the creator says is cannon, and us liking it or not has zero bearing on that. If something is out there and done, this still applies as the creator is still "creating" in a way.

Finn is a human, and his previous life as a comet has no bearing on that, because the creator says so. That's why the creator said it- so the "recipients to understand the message in the same way that the creator did." If the creator did not make a statement, your argument would have some bearing. But the creator did attempt to get the recipients to understand the message in the way he did, so by you own argument, death of the author cannot apply.

Which is why the show sucks

he got crazier faster because Simon was smarter and didn't wear all the time until the point where he had to
whereas Ice Finn just wore it indefinitely

>That is incestuous, pedophilic, zophilic, and with a xenophilic touch, in addition to being immorally wrong in more than one way
She's perfect.

There's also the fact that Finn basically gave into it faster. Simon was actually able to hold out until after the world had ended. And even then only gave in when he needed to protect Marceline.

Finn gave in to save his family, and never had any reason to take off the crown until he was too far gone to want to.

Who the fuck thinks this. There's no reinterpreting boldly stated fact. The fuck.

Finn need a real woman....a real giant woman

Man if we didn't have Huntress Wizard I'd be begging for more Canyon.

What?

I didn't either. The closest I got was when my mom had a boyfriend who pushed her out a (thankfully first story) window and drove her to slit her wrists. They broke up and got back together a few months later. My mom kept repeating "I don't want her to think that's how men should treat women" but then she went back to him because she didn't think she could do better.

Since I grew up with my family making fat jokes at me (Which just made me eat in secret which lead to an overeating disorder. thankfully i'm fine now) I grew up believing I needed to be grateful for whatever guy did date me so my first boyfriend raped me and emotionally abused me for three years before he proposed and that snapped me the fuck out of it and i left only to be stalked up until I finally moved out of state and got a new number and changed my name.

At least Finn has the support of his friends and family.

Sam Alden, is that you?

If word of God says that Finn is actually a girl, does he turn into a girl? What if Teo writers give conflicting statements?

>If word of God says that Finn is actually a girl, does he turn into a girl?
It means he is a girl unless it's a joke

>says that Finn is actually a girl
no because that would conflict with all previously supplied information

If the creator says it than it's true unless he's fucking around

If he says it's canon and means it, it is. Even if undoing shit they've established.

nah my dude retcons aren't canon

Fern is worthless scum who only existed by accident. That accident was fixed and things are right again.

Yes, if a creator decides to undo something in his series it's canon. What the fuck is your problem? Are you on the spectrum?

>s there anything I'm missing?
Well, he has literally been rejected by every single potential love interest he's found and basically made a secondary character in his own show where he plays third wheel cuck while Bubblegum and Marceline get all the screentime.

How can he still be a normal human? He IS A COMET.

If Pendletton is gonna write the movie... Then Fubble is gonna be canon in the end.

This is why shows need to talk down to their audience, he isn't a fucking comet

dumbasses over 18 can't understand it

whoa there buddy, no need to get stingy

that's rough

It's more of an impression kids get over the course of their childhood. Seeing how a dad acts teaches his child what the measure of a man is, and seeing how a mum acts teaches her child the measure of a woman. Seeing how parents treat each other teaches a child how home life is supposed to be. Broken homes begat broken homes unless parents from broken homes put effort into not creating a broken home.

>and here's why
He's a white male being written by tumblrites with increasing control over the show as Penn's caring wanes?