How come comics and cartoons aren't as popular with girls as anime&manga?

How come comics and cartoons aren't as popular with girls as anime&manga?
I mean there's Saga but that's pretty much it.

What gives?

Cartoons are extremely popular with girls, especially the tumblr legbeard hamplanet crowd.
Comics are not pretty enough.

boys react better to visual stimuli while women are better at grasping abstracts. It's why women tend to learn better in classroom setting while men learn better in hands-on settings.

Why do more women tend to read novels than men? Same principle.

Anime/manga has way more genres and shows made specifically with teen to young adult women in mind as the target audience, while most comics and cartoons are aimed at younger males and the ones aimed at females are aimed at very young girls, like age ten or under.

Capeshit isn't popupar with anyone, user. It's literally being kept alive by US copyright laws and a monopoly that's sucking cash outta rubes running comic stores.

Comics do reasonably well.

Comics are one of the most horribly squandered industries in the world, and would do much better in the US with all demographics if comic shops died out.

manga is free on the internet and there are genres tailored towards female audiences

Because no one cares about comics period. It's an incredibly niche hobby that is dying out by the day.

Why do you think the biggest two comic book companies were bought out just so they could implement these character in other mediums that aren't comic books instead?

There aren't a lot of comics made to appeal to girls, though graphic novels seem to be gaining popularity among female audiences nowadays. when I was a younger girl I never wanted to get into comics because all I ever saw for sale was cape comics, which didn't appeal to me. I got into anime/manga because I liked the art styles better, and I had more genres to choose from.
Even going beyond capeshit, there's hardly any western comics about romance or other traditionally feminine themes. There's no comic equivalent to Twilight or The Fault in Our Stars, outside of some shoujo manga and webcomics. Even with female superheroes, there's basically no major comics made to appeal especially to women, so thus fewer women get into comics.

>all that pleb taste in that room

Cartoons are very popular with girls, where do you think all the gay fanart comes from?

gay men?

Because they aren't as good as anime & manga.

because the average comic book fan is literally pic related

Didn't he marry a cute weeb girl recently?

Can a Japanese girl be a weeb?

They're weebs by default

>shonen shit
>all entry level normie garbage

Slash tends to be more emotional and usually towards prettyboys. If you look at fiction written/drawn by gay men the men tend to be more muscular and...bear(?)like.

Because when comics are made that appeal to girls, guys throw an absolute shitfit even though they don't have to read it.

Most women are casuals

If girls read comics it wouldn't matter