I'M TOO VALUABLE TO THE DECEPTICON CAUSE!

>I'M TOO VALUABLE TO THE DECEPTICON CAUSE!

Was he really?

Other urls found in this thread:

variety.com/2017/digital/news/transformers-titans-return-wil-wheaton-peter-cullen-judd-nelson-1202498541/
youtube.com/watch?v=gx0TDMWphOU
youtube.com/watch?v=6V7IGVtRLQQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

He and Megatron did fight a lot, but the sex was out of this world.

I like the Marvel G1 explanation that Starscream was just some aristocrat that Megatron had to allow in his inner circle for the sake of politics.

Well, at the series start they were only like ten decepticons in earth, so I think that yes, every decepticons was valuable for the cause.

Valuable cum dumpster

So what was the Decepticon's endgame?

Well he did make the Combaticons by himself.

That would actually explain a lot, given how prissy and stuck-up he is.

And why he betrays Megatron every time to save his own ass.

No in the Sunbow continuity.

frankly in that series, there was no reason for him to be there.

every other continuity gave a reason.

Was Starscream really the leader of the Seekers in G1, or was that just fanon due to all the Seekers always being lumped in together?

He was the air commander, so I suppose so. Skywarp's too stupid to be a leader, and Thundercrackers main thing is being a warrior, Starscreams the only one with ambitions of being a leader.

as a kid i explained it in my head as megatron knows starscream is after him, he just keeps him around because he believes he can crush him at any time.

made how the movie went pretty cool.

I like the Marvel G2 Megatron's explanation of
>Because I'm an idiot, that's why!

When Starscreams succeeds he succeeds big but when he fails, he fails bigger.

Valuable as a wife.

I can't even remember IDW's explanation. I think he was just a huge fan of Megatron and dragged his friends along.

After the decepticons murdered the old senate, he was their inside man on the new senate.

>be at war
>enemy can transform into tanks, attack helicopters and jet fighters
>transform into fucking trucks and Volkswagen beetle
Why were the autobots retarded

Deceptions were military robots that rebelled against the Quintessons. Autobots were Industrial robots that just sort of went along with it before forming their own faction.

He's a decent fighter when he didn't have a reason to run away instead. And apparently he used to be a scientist.

IDW:
>You see, leadership is not something I fear losing: it is something I dread you gaining. In the moments when my all-consuming destiny lies ahead of me, you remind me of the need to watch my back. And that is your importance, Starscream.

In IDW they started as rebels anti-heroically fighting against the functionist system that sorted everybody by frametype. Idealistic end goal that became a kind of twisted "WE'RE THE ONLY ONES WHO SHOULD BE IN CHARGE, KILL EVERY ORGANIC JUST IN CASE GLORY TO THE MIGHTY DECEPTICONS" and now it just seems to be "chill out, do a little scheming, get onto the property ladder"

Megatron alternately seems like he's grooming Starscream for Decepticon leadership and just fucking with him because he's incompetent.

The Megs Spotlight issue really intensified that shit, where Megatron was both disappointed in Starscream and pleased he had failed. He also goaded him back onto his feet whilst thinking about how he wouldn't ever actually kill him.
I'd say alot of his value to the cause is personal value to Megatron, given how often he fucks up.

I guess he's loyal to the Decepticon cause, just not Megatron, but Megatron doesn't consider him a serious threat anyways.

In a few episodes he does some technical stuff or has a plan Megatron uses (which usually backfires), but all of the Decepticons are kind of incompetent in G1.

It's weird to have the Decepticons be the bad guys and Autobots the good guys when they were all the same people back in the day. I'm not sure that backstory really works in that fashion.

>rebels anti-heroically fighting against the functionist system that sorted everybody by frametype
so decipticons are basically sjw?

No.
He was more of a hindrance, desu. I can't believe megatron didn't kill him sooner.

They are TRANSformers, after all! kinda SJWs. The militant kind who murder politicians and blow shit up. They also essentially saved the cybertronian race from become a functionist hellscape where the government sucks everybody into the moon, since when Megatron is removed from the timeline it all goes to shit and the autobots/decepticons never formed.

It's all a bit grey in IDW. The decepticons were the original "good guys" but became corrupted by the usual fear/hate/anger/powerlust that effect all villains. The autobots were the sort of reluctant bystander types who only joined the fight after the decepticons had started a civil war. Both sides went on to wreak fucking chaos across the galaxy, but the autobots just had to be careful not to do any heinous shit around Optimus.

They also proceed to treat the decepticons like third class citizens again once the war ends because apparently nobody learned anything.

“Transformers: Titans Return” will feature the voice talents of Peter Cullen as Optimus Prime — the role he originated for the original 1980s animated TV show – along with Wil Wheaton, Judd Nelson, Michael Dorn and Jason David Frank in the digital series from Warner Bros.’ Machinima and toy giant Hasbro.

The series is the second installment in the Transformers “Prime Wars” trilogy. “Titans Return” will premiere in November exclusively on Verizon’s Go90 video service worldwide, except in China where it will be available on Sohu.com. The series comprises 10 episodes, each about 11 minutes long. Hasbro last year rolled out the Titans Return toy line in the Transformers Generations series.

The first chapter of the trilogy, “Transformers: Combiner Wars,” has generated more than 125 million views since debuting in August 2016, exclusively on Go90 in the U.S., according to Machinima.

In “Titans Return,” Nelson reprises his roles of Rodimus Prime and Hot Rod from the 1986 animated “Transformers” movie. The show also features Wheaton as Perceptor; Dorn as Fortress Maximus; North as Metroplex; and Frank as Emissary.

Those new cast members join returning talent from “Combiner Wars,” including Abby Trott (voice of Windblade), Jason Marnocha (Megatron), Frank Todaro (Starscream), Lana McKissack (Mistress of Flame), and DashieGames (Menasor).

In addition, Machinima and Hasbro have added other YouTube influencers to the cast, in a bid to lure the digital stars’ fans to “Titans Return,” including MatPat, creator of the YouTube channels Game Theorist, Film Theorist, GT Live and MatPat’s Game Lab; Rob Dyke, a YouTube influencer best known for “Seriously Strange”; and Tay Zonday, best known for his viral “Chocolate Rain” video.

“Titans Return” picks up where the destruction of “Combiner Wars” left off. In the series, the gigantic Transformers called Titans are awakened and cause massive problems. Trypticon, a gigantic lizard-like Transformer, rises to wreak havoc on Cybertron, while Windblade and a ragtag team of Transformers must resurrect an ancient ally. The conflict will transform beloved heroes forever — while some Transformers will be blown to oblivion.

“Titans Return” is overseen by showrunner and executive producer F.J. DeSanto (“Transformers: Combiner Wars”).

variety.com/2017/digital/news/transformers-titans-return-wil-wheaton-peter-cullen-judd-nelson-1202498541/

Isn't he fucking immortal?
That's a great asset.

Probably, in some universe. G1 Starscream seemed pretty intelligent sometimes, if a little clueless when the idiot ball got passed to him.
And, as another user stated, a good cumdumpster for the Decepticon cause.

>he did make the Combaticons by himself

>took a bunch of personality chips from Decepticon political prisoners and stuck them in old derelict WWII, which then magically became Transformers

Starscream didn't make shit

Megatron kept him around for two reasons
1. he was actually quite powerful and a pain in the ass to the autobots.
2. because decepticons command structure and leadership is dectated by force - it pays to show the smaller dogs how horrible the alternative Alpha is.

"What's the matter? Aren't you glad to see us?"

In Animated's perspective, he was simply valuable when he wasn't giving his all. If he was full coup mode, Megatron gives no fucks about murdering him.

I bet in the Bayverse, Megs keeps him around just as a mind-broken punching bag who actually does his job of keeping humans at bay.

>Machinima
>Titans Return
>added other YouTube influencers to the cast

Well, there's something I won't be watching.

It's a combination of factors that actually make their relationship interesting.

Starscream is the perfect Decepticon. He's very powerful, clever, and charismatic, but he also desires power and will pay any price for it.

The Decepticons are built on the idea that might equals right, so the strongest should lead until someone stronger comes along, becoming the new leader.

Starscream's endless ambition keeps Megatron on his toes, ensuring that Megatron is the best leader he can be. The multiple failed coups are just proof that Megatron still deserves to be leader.

It's quite similar to Sith ideaology, in which one has the power and the other desires it.

Transformers is my favourite harem anime

No he isn't. He was a useless fag 99% of the time. Megatron was a dumb pussy.
>tfw TFA Megatron killed the smarter and most powerful version of Starcreams without hesitation

>tfw bad writing made that Megatron spent 3 seasons doing bumfuck nothing waiting to get taken down in the most underwhelming way possible in the finales

>including the series finale where he loses because he literally lets starscream of all people work with his own hands on his omega clones

>creates new plans every season
>"doing bumfuck nothing"
Even as just a head, he was plotting new ways to kill the autobots and get hi body back.

Making the Autobot/Decepticon divide be ideological rather than physical opens up a lot more writing/character space tan simply saying one team is good, the other bad, and that's that.

One of the better examples of this dichotomy is both factions' 'warcries', being "Autobots, transform and roll out!" and "Decepticons, transform and rise up!" (Though the later is probably a more recent addition to the mythos) The Autobot call is one of control and order, similar to police, betraying their former position as the rulers of Cybertronian society. The Decepticon call is one of revolt and rejection against the current 'oppressive' order. (Mind that they had a point but not enough to start a war over) However, the 'system' that Autobots protect and Decepticons rebel against isn't 100% good, so there are some Autobots that take advantage of their power and there are some Decepticons with legitimate grievances.

This complexity only compounds when in post-war settings, such as Animated and RID15. There, the Autobots are effectively a police state that labels troublemakers and dissidents as basically war criminals and hunts them relentlessly. Wasp from Animated and Grimlock from RID15 are both examples of what happens to those that don't conform to the Autobots' corrupt (if functional) ruling.

I read somewhere that the only reason Starscream is still around is because he's some sort of air combat savant. Does anyone know if that has any merit or where I might have read it?

I mean, Starscream is incredibly skilled, intelligent, charismatic, and powerful. There's a reason why he always ends up as Megatron's right hand bot over more loyal or more powerful Decepticons like Soundwave or Shockwave: ambition.

Soundwave and Shockwave are too loyal to Megatron himself to be effective without direction. All of their decisions/actions are to benefit Megatron, not the Decepticon cause. Starscream is the exact opposite, making him a better leader than either Sound Dave or ole Shocky despite his cowardice, pride, and bouts of idiocy.

Decepticon ideology requires it's members to not be complacent. Sound&Shock are complacent.

Didn't he usually call out Megatron's retarded plans, usually being right and said plans failing horribly?

For what it's worth Michael Dorn as Fort Max is a great casting choice.

>most powerful
Wouldn't that be Marvel Comics Starscream? He got like the Transformers version of the Power Cosmic or some shit at one point.

In IDW, they gave seekers a reason for being called that.

They seek. They will track you across galaxies and bring you down. Kind of terrifying, like 'It Follows' but at mach speeds.

I believe Starscream is also meant to be skilled at aerial combat. He was flight commander, after all.

Is bumblebee the most useless autobot?

Is that good guy Tarn or somthing?

So is IDW trying to go with the abusive relationship angle between these two, with all the implications in TAAO #11 and whatnot?

That's not a stretch. They've always had an abusive relationship.

Starscream exists to be beaten.

yes he is there only female on earth.

That one series with the mini attachments he was dangerous when he got the double laser canons

Not always. Maybe about half the time, or even less. A lot of the time it was Starscream who gets chewed out for doing or saying something stupid.

It can't possibly be as bad as Combiner Wars.

Right?

Those fucking VAs...

Hey, some of them are awesome.

Emissary better let out a few Green Ranger-esque kiai, at least.

were you talking about the canons on the wings?

wasn't starscream actually far stronger than megatron in one of those cartoons

Shockwave was right about both these useless shits.

No doubt it was an abusive relationship. But what I was actually wondering was if the writers were trying portray this relationship as more... influential and realistic in comparison to other continuities, for lack of better words. Like how they imply Starscream is an anti-social ass because Megatron Chris Brown'd him on a regular basis.

At that point every con was a war criminal though

Hey guys how come last week I never saw anyone storytime the new Optimus Prime issue nor could I find it in the win-o-thread? Did I just completely miss it?

The new Optimus was storytimed in one of the lats of the great IDW storytime threads, it was a fantastic issue. But the thread's gone from the archive.

TRANSformers

>most powerfull

When it comes to martial combat movieverse starscream or armada starscream are the top teir

>inb4 but sam killed him lmao

Its was the equivlent of trying to squash a bug that turned out to be pousinous

Thats a cracking pair of tits, Megatron!

>using a sword sometimes
>"martial combat"
Kek.

I don't think Megatron helped, but Starscream is a straight up sociopath. He'd have been a back stabbing dick and out for number one regardless, maybe a bit less savage.

I approve of this

Damn it!

Yes!

ok /transfags/, im thinking about getting into the comics. what should i pick up next time im at a con?

War for Cybertron Starscream was in charge of the sattelite that could destroy cities so he was at first

wasn't stardick just some guy that wanted to join megatron cause there home was going to blow up and he was scared

i truthfully don't understand this show. i loved it once but could never understand there motivations

Just get anything from IDW Generation 1, I feel that it is a great continuity despite a few missteps.

youtube.com/watch?v=gx0TDMWphOU

Here's a basic rundown of the continuity in one sense.

somewhat relevant
youtube.com/watch?v=6V7IGVtRLQQ

>pleb
Megatron
>intermediate
Starscream
>advanced
Soundwave
>patrician
Shockwave

Did you just sort them by roboob size?

Damn right.

Only one way to find out.

Megatrons true waifu

Shockwave is only loyal to Megs in the cartoon of course.

In the comics he regarded Megatron with utter contempt.

Yes he was. He was the most skilled fighter among the Seekers and their leader. He was also one of the most intelligent and independent of the Decepticons on Earth. The bar wasn't super high or anything, but he definitely had that going. At least until Cyclonus and the rest.

Aerial superiority, for the most part, was one of the only things the Decepticons (usually) had going for them, since the Seekers were in a lot more episodes than the airplane Autobots. On the other hand, I think even car Autobots can fly when the plot demands it.

more pls

>we have invented... the world's first female ninja robot!

This is all I have I'm afraid.

Why does Megatron shrink when he transforms into a gun? Shouldn't he just transform into something besides a pistol? Like a bazooka or a shoulder cannon or something?

These are lovely designs.
This artist (流星R on pixiv if I'm not mistaken) drew pretty much every major charcter from TF:Prime as a cute girl.
Yes, even Arcee and the spooder.

Since there's a Transformers thread here;
I want to watch the original 1986 movie, but I've decided I should give some of the G1 show a watch first.

Can you recommend any particular episodes worth checking out? (I've seen the opening 2 already)

>Why does Megatron shrink when he transforms into a gun?
Mass shifting.

Kremzeeeeeeeek!

The one where Megatron used a machine to put all the Decepticons power into himself to beat the shit out of Optimus Prime!!

More than Meets the Eye Part 1, 2 & 3
Divide and Conquer
S.O.S. Dinobots
War of the Dinobots

Pym Particles.

That was is Heavy Metal War and I meant to put it on there too.

The one where they go to King Arthurs time

How mad were you when Shia LaBeouf killed Starscream?