Marvel Legacy Doctor Strange. LOKI IS NEW SORCERER SUPREME

by Donny Cates and Gabriel Hernandez Walta
>“I've wanted to write for Marvel since I was a little kid, so the opportunity to come into this incredible world and play with all of these amazing characters is a dream come true for me,” said Cates. “Everyone at Marvel has been great to work with, and we've put our collective heads together to make some really special stories for the fans. I've never been more excited to tell the stories that I'm telling today. I feel like a kid again. Albeit a kid who is inflicting...just terrible things upon all your favorite characters.”

>“There's a new sheriff in town...and he's not really the trustworthy type,” Cates said. “That's right, kids...Loki has taken the mantle of Sorcerer Supreme from our good Doctor! What does that mean for Stephen? And what lengths will Strange go to see his title and his home returned to him?"

>"I'll say this..." Cates continued. "you can guess all you like, but there is absolutely no way anyone will see the answers to these questions coming. As a dedicated Marvel fan myself, I can confidently say the events of this arc are some of the most shocking things in Marvel comics to date. I'm so excited to see what everyone thinks!”

>"Donny brings big ideas to the table, and that's going to be immediately apparent in his first projects," said Axel Alonso, Marvel's Editor-In-Chief. "We expect him to be a major contributor to the Marvel Universe's evolution in the coming year...and beyond."

Donny Cates (God Country, Buzzkill, Redneck) is Marvel's exclusive creator now

WE FINAL FANTASTY NOW

way to bury the lede about this new creative team every comics website

i accidentally became a Walta fanboy after Vision so I'll probably check a few issues out

Huh, cool. Guess now that Jason "Fedora Tipper" Aaron has left, we might actually get a decent Strange book.

I fucking pray to any god that will hear me that this is an Ewing-Loki over an Aaron-Loki
The lack of pube beard on that cover is giving me some hope

aaron left right before secret empire

When we will see classic Loki again as the main Loki?

Never.

Yeah I know, but the guy from Sorcerers Supreme was essentially a holdover, so this is the "proper" change. Besides, it's Aaron who completely destroyed Strange.

Classic Loki is dead, and you know what, it's for the best. Classic Loki was pure evil and hated pretty much everyone. Modern Loki is a much more complex and interesting character, he loves his family in his own way, but will still do bad things if he feels like it.

> Loki makes Oshtur wet.

> Gets hired for Sorcerer Supreme.

Makes sense. Loki was leagues above Strange in terms of power before Strange became Sorcerer Supreme and got all of his trinkets.

With all of Strange's equipment and the eye of agamotto Loki would be unstoppable.

One of the best things Gillen ever did.

Gillen deserves credit, but I think the reason it stuck is because of the MCU. People's perception of Loki isn't of a pure evil ugly guy anymore.

>Norse character LARPing as a milleniel
>interesting

Certainly more interesting than playing it straight. But keep shitposting.

Oh I liked Gillen JIM... his Kid Loki was awesome, his teen Loki and all his Young Avengers... uhm, nope! I really want Loki to be more classic again.

But well, at least he's still a wizard here and not a Mysterio wannabe like in the MCU.

Have you read Ewing's Agent of Asgard? Because by the end of that, I honestly don't see how you could want evil Loki back.

Nah. He had depth to him that had been explored before kid loki came out.
I feel like there needs to be a storytime of that Loki GN where he takes over asgard, fleshes out alot of his backstory like loki being purposefully adopted to be the evil one to make Thor know what not to do and look better, and peers across the multiverse only to see that he's always a villain that never wins in that

Then at the end he tries to tell fate to fuck off via planning to release Thor and embrace him as a brother as the ultimate fuck you to all of existence.It doesn't work since Thor broke out of the prison before he could do that and killed him.

>Donny Cates (God Country, Buzzkill, Redneck) is Marvel's exclusive creator now
I loved God Country. He also did Paybacks, which was a fun capeshit parody.

>but the guy from Sorcerers Supreme was essentially a holdover
that guy is not writing the main book

An here I was afraid that Hopeless was going to be on the book for the long haul, this is good news.

Did all of you niggers actually fall for "based Donny Cates" meme unironically? He's as generic as "talent" from Image comes and now he's going to be filtered through Marvel editors. Either nobody has taste here or nobody read his Image books. He'll be better than Hopeless and probably Aaron though but that's not even hard.

>I feel like a kid again. Albeit a kid who is inflicting...just terrible things upon all your favorite characters.”
Is Cates the next Slott or the next Bendis?

>marvel editors
>marvel
>editors

I haven't tried anything from Cates yet but Walta is great so if nothing else this should be nice to look at.

God Country is a big pile of generic mainstream tropes and conventions. Reminder that never trust "comic book reviewers."

Does this mean Loki is gonna get another book after this is done? Vote Loki was alright but the art brought it the fuck down.