> I think a lot of adult women like Harley because she's tough with an attitude and she told her abusive and...

>> I think a lot of adult women like Harley because she's tough with an attitude and she told her abusive and troublemaking boyfriend to get fucked (even though he showed back up at the end of the film). My old hairdresser had a tattoo of Harley on her arm saying "nobody's fool" and she told me it was so she'd never let a man take her for a ride again, and my old next door neighbour was a big fan of Harley as well, and again I think in a way she was a vessel for her hatred of her ex, who was an abusive bastard.

Great. Nice sentiment.

The character is still a psychotic bitch, however.

I guess if that's what they want to take away from it.
They seem to be ignoring quite a bit about her but...I guess whatever makes them happy.

During the Batman: The Animated Series days I knew a lot of female Harley fans.

The reason: because she was a funny character. That was it.

Women like ehr because they want to be abused and not held accountable and dress like whores in public.

Tsk tsk fmeale power fantasies.

>I think a lot of adult women like Harley because she's tough with an attitude and she told her abusive and troublemaking boyfriend to get fucked (even though he showed back up at the end of the film)
Harley/Joker on Suicide Squad was basically 50 Shades of Grey, the fanboy-friendly edition. DC is currently pushing Harley/Joker even on the comics because they found a new cashcow. Where this abusive relationship bullshit fit in all of this?

Did you watch the movie? Joker isn't even abusive in the film and the horde of fan girls are crazy about Leto

People glamorize unhealthy shit, film at 11.

those women were obviously brainwashed by men

>Character bases her appearance and personality entirely on her abusive ex-boyfriend
>Women find this fun and inspiring

I have spent years honing my ability to hide my power level. Anytime a woman starts talking about Harley Quinn as a positive character I keep my fucking mouth shut because they never actually describe Harley Quinn accurately and it would do no good to try and 'educate' someone blissfully ignorant.
Inside I weep pure hate.

This, he electroshocks her to give her Joker Powers, then spends the rest of the film mooning over her and doing his damnedest to rescue her from her situation with the Squad.

Women dug Harley Quinn in the movies (even my old Mom mentioned specifically how she liked her in a movie she didn't like overall) because she's allowed to be sassy and vexing and tough instead of the Team Mom or the Stoic Badass (see Katana) that women usually get stuck with.

That's good, because they don't CARE about the Harley Quinn that is in your little boy comic books.

They really don't, not even a little.

Adult women like Harley because they have fantasies of being like her. She's the female equivalent to James Bond.

Are these woman completely misunderstanding the character or am I missing something? Because Harley's whole thing is being in an abusive relationship with Mista J but always going back to him because dumb reasons

>Are these woman completely misunderstanding the character
Yes, but I can't really blame them for that. After Suicide Squad and Injustice, the feminist icon Harley is what we're stuck with for the forseeable future.

> I think a lot of adult women like Harley because she's tough with an attitude and she told her abusive and troublemaking boyfriend to get fucked
>Movie makes a point about how she stills misses him
>Movie makes a point on trying to make their relationship legitimately "romantic"
I seriously don't get people. Why do people bitch about some girl wearing a tank top in a Jumanji reboot as sexist, but then everyone looks at this, a setup that makes relationship abuse look romantic, and think "Wow, this is so empowering to woman".

Is everyone insane? Am I insane?

Women have a really weird thought process, they damn abusive relationships and assholes, yet at the same time they love a character whose whole character revolves around being in an unhealthy abusive relationship and get their panties wet over actual psychopaths.
No, really, there's hundreds of tumblr blogs that are basically fangirling over actual murderers like Ted Bundy or Charles Manson, it's fucking bizarre.

>The Joker's handiwork is spreading insanity in the real world.
And people say hypercrisis isn't real.

I just want them to care user. I just want some one to care
>Are these woman completely misunderstanding the character
Yes.

>People call sexism over the Jumanji girl
>Pantie shorts and fishnet Harley is a feminist icon
At this point I don't even try to understand the logic of SJW's and feminists, everything just seems to be a random coin flip

Thinking relationship abuse is bad is not "with it"?

>At this point I don't even try to understand the logic of SJW's and feminists, everything just seems to be a random coin flip
Back in the hay day of my youth I used to chase girls with the 'alt' look. Crazy hair, piercings, tats. Most of these types hung around the feminists and weird trendy 'not punk' clubs. To make a long story short I had a pegging fantasy and these bitchs? Humiliation and rape play.
Go figure.

>Movie makes a point about how she stills misses him
Live-action Harley never told her Joker to "get fucked." They got separated by Batman and Harley got locked up. Joker spent the rest of his free time trying to get back to her.

>a setup that makes relationship abuse look romantic
A toxic romance works both ways. Consider characters like Bonnie and Clyde, or Johnny Bartlet and Patricia Ann Bradley from the Frighteners movie. These are characters who, as a couple, are completely dysfunctional, and yet in their own twisted way, they still find a meaningful connection with each other.

I get that Joker punishes Harley. But the same thing happens between Morticia and Gomez Addams, and those two couldn't be happier together. I guess my point is that, despite the abuse, both of them are fucked up enough to the point where the abuse is irrelevant. So it's not really empowering for women per se, but it's not demeaning to women either. It's just a romanticism of insanity.

Adhering to old, out-dated "In an abusive relationship" Harley Quinn is not "with it".

>Morticia and Gomez Addams
I really don't think we should bring those two into a discussion about domestic abuse.

Right not WB thinks they are sitting on two actual superhero characters with direct appeal to the teen female audience.
Not the jaded, slutty twenty-somethings, but the PG crowd tween and young teens.

You can expect Harley Quinn to remain family-friendly for the foreseeable future.

>Adhering to old, out-dated "In an abusive relationship" Harley Quinn is not "with it"
>"In an abusive relationship" Harley Quinn
>old, out-dated
DC never walked it back user. They want their cake and to eat it too so how they're portraying Harley Quinn's relationship with the Joker varies but it's always dysfunctional and always abusive and she always still loves him to her detriment.

if Harley isn't locked in a perpetual abusive relationship that sort of destroys the point of her character.
Her super power is super-battered wife syndrome. She isn't a role model.

I knew a super edgy girl who loved the batman series and basically self inserted as the Harley and/or the Joker. She told me a few times that the idea of torturing and killing someone turned her on, and that the murderer/victim have a relationship she described as intimate and close, because the murderer gets to see the side of a victim no one else does, which is pretty much what the joker said in the dark knight, and probably other times. Never called the delusional cunt out on it though

I remember some girl having to be told that being stalked and harassed was NOT romantic, since it was written to be in Fifty Shades.

>I get that Joker punishes Harley. But the same thing happens between Morticia and Gomez Addams
When? Those two doted on each other constantly, I watched a ton of the original show and honestly can't think of a single time they even criticized each other. The whole joke of the Adams Family show was that despite their evil goth style, they were a happy nuclear family.

They cut out all the domestic abuse in the movie, which was stupid. You could argue that it was still abusive but the writing and editing in Suicide Squad were so shitty that the plot and characterization were nigh-incomprehensible so I wouldn't expect the audience to even pick up on most of what was going on.

I would say that Harley/Joker shippers are a pretty niche group to begin with and the group of those that think of it as a positive relationship and not some edgy horrible thing to write about are very tiny.

After all liking a story about something isn't the same thing as thinking it's okay in reality. Consider all the fanfiction and fan art about all of the characters in a show dying or some shit. People might like to write and draw angst and gore but it's only the one in a billion whacko who approves of it and is going to go shoot a bunch of people.

>xteal2 is drawing harley quinn
N-nani??

The character Harley Quinn doesnt exist anymore. Like a lot of popular things, they get watered down and warped to appeal to the widest audience possible to the point where people forgot what made it good in the first place. I prefer Harley as a cautionary tale, not some loony tune anti hero immune to all consequence

Wouldn't Ivy be against going vegan since she loves plants?

I bet they could bring Mister J and Harley back to their roots

Dini or not, I still can't stand the Harley/Ivy so-pure bullshit.

They basically made her into Tank Girl

I've fucking hated harley since she showed up in TAS and I'll tell you what, I'm baffled that of all things one could take away from that show Harley had to get top billing in the hearts of the fans. Despite how much everyone curcle jerks over her character and waifuing her to death, my disdain for her has only grown over the years.

Arent those the anoying fucks from chappy?

I feel like giving Poison Ivy healthy relationships kind of undoes the entire point of her character. She's a walking date rape drug, a personification of using sexuality to manipulate and abuse people. She shouldn't have any sort of genuine affection for Harley.

Before the Arkham games, New 52, and Suicide Squad movie, liking Harley meant somebody had taste.

If someone tells you they like Harley these days, it generally means they are not worth speaking to.

I miss classic Harley

You can still like Harley, just not "Harley". Most comic readers I've run into know shes not even the same character anymore and prefer the old days. Casuals fucking ruin everything

>girls are whores
>identify with a whore
It's not that hard.

That user mistakes masochism for domestic violence. The Addams Family liked pain and pointless stunts but it's like saying the Grouches from Sesame Street were abusive because they fed each other sardine parfaits. That's just what they liked

Never thought of it that way. So she's a carnivore?

Ironically out of all those thing SS movie Harley is the closest to TAS Harley personality wise.

Not him, but that's Die Antewood. Their music sucks, and that grey alien looking chick is fucking atrocious.

Harley's relationship with Ivy exists to show how much better her life would be without the Joker, and how broken she is for not realizing it.

Harley/Ivy will never NOT be shit. It destroys both characters.

Reminds me of that comic ICS drew where Harley tells Ivy she wants to change her identity to "The Humanitarian", a villain who loves humans so much that she only eats human flesh and dresses in their skin.

>user gives a valid reason why Harley/Ivy exists
>Nuuh-uhh it doesn't fit MY parameters.

gg user

It was more than that. I haad a friend who loved Harley too. Watched those episodes, bought the comics (when they eventually came) and even made herself a Harley outfit TAS style.

If I remember right she loved the character because the way she put some characters in their place (those college kids in Harley & Ivy or that mobster that showed up for those two episodes that centered on her). She also loved Lady Death and Purgatory. I do miss talking to her.

How does she feel about current Harley

>Why do people bitch about some girl wearing a tank top in a Jumanji

Wait, what?
Is this fucking real?
Do people actually need to find a reason to call this sexist?
It's a fucking jungle environment and it's hot as shit. Why would she wear anything else. I see women wearing less right fucking now in July because Jersey is a humid shithole.
I can't understand feminists. I can't no matter how hard I try. Nothing good has ever come from third wave feminism and nothing ever will.

So what's the deal with poison Ivy? She hates animals and humans especially, but also wants to fuck batman?

Everyone wants the batcock, user.

They really don't. Bat-Harem is just a side effect of the Batwank power fantasy. Aside from Selina and Talia, no one in his rogues gallery cares.