How does this show keep getting better and better?

How does this show keep getting better and better?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=N2Nr1xMHYNg
youtube.com/watch?v=ehvLGo3EFEo
youtube.com/watch?v=tQMEAh5rhsc
toxiccaves.tumblr.com/post/158384292258/a-little-too-relevant
youtube.com/watch?v=qUEy55r49fY
youtube.com/watch?v=j6mzBjFtcBc
youtube.com/watch?v=63phXOEKUJk
youtube.com/watch?v=kpcx5aTl8Nk&t
youtube.com/watch?v=urNBcrdlCWQ
youtube.com/watch?v=kGyCaTDFg4I
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Sonic Boom thread
Great I'll start
youtube.com/watch?v=N2Nr1xMHYNg

>How does this show keep getting better and better?
Because the writers don't give a shit and go crazy with the jokes. That and they seem to have a pretty damn competent set of writers.

youtube.com/watch?v=ehvLGo3EFEo
This was the joke that made me start watching the show.

>The idea of government provided health care made Sticks run in fear in the latest episode
I never thought I would like the idea of "Dale Gribble as a Sonic character," but Sticks has proven me wrong.

Wasnt it canned?

It may not be getting a third season thanks to CN, but who knows?

>Tails' cough
They knew exactly what they were doing.

nothing will be funnier than Eggman's va dealing with shadow fans.
>make the worlds most sarcastic debut episode
>make an entire song about shadow fans.
youtube.com/watch?v=tQMEAh5rhsc

Eggmans va is too good for this world.

>A cup of tea!
>Why did you just say that?
>Remember before I said "I know something that is my cup of tea"? I was just finishing the thought
>But you said that like an hour ago
>Yeah but imagine if you were an outside observer just watching pieces of the conversation
>YOU SEE THEM TOO?!?
Holy shit

I never liked Mike Pollock as Eggman (or in general). Then again nobody but Deem Bristow really sounds right as Eggman to me.

>if Knuckles would work out his legs
My sides.

They had something like that in the comics too.

I thought Sticks was supposed to be Australian? Why does she have a scratchy pseudo-Boston accent?

This is an excellent image. I'm gonna keep it.

You're thinking of Marine

You're thinking of Marine from Sonic Rush

Is this real? Did they really turn Alex Jones into a furry?

Wait...what?

Alex Jones, Dale Gribble, whatever loony conspiracy nut fits the description.

In his defense, I thought Sticks was Marine too for a distressingly long time.

>Cat Stevens meets Stop Asking Me the Questions
I can dig it.

I know. Isn't it genius?

Using Aika from Skies of Arcadia as a character model, yes

Wasn't there a huge crossover in the comics between Sonic Boom and a bunch of other series including Skies of Arcadia?

Damn this show can get repilled. toxiccaves.tumblr.com/post/158384292258/a-little-too-relevant

So is Meta Humor what happens when the writers stop giving a shit?

>we will never get Nika Futterman to say this or other Alex Jones memes at a convention
youtube.com/watch?v=qUEy55r49fY

More like when executives don't give a shit what the writers do. Just look at Ghost Stories.

In retrospect it kinda is. They had an episode making fun of political correctness and the directors favorite episode of season two was "Nutwork" where Sticks completes her transformation into Alex Jones

>It's redpilled
Considering Sticks is the only "redpilled" character & her shtick is done for laughs with theories that often don't become true, I'ma say no

But Eggman is trying to start a robo-apocalypse.

Ignore him. Nowadays anything not pandering to the left is """""redpilled""""

She's not really made only to mock the theories she has though. It's half mock, half being able to say "unacceptable" things under the excuse of "it's the loony saying it :^)". Head writer said as much.

The director of the show has stated Sticks is the character he identifies the most with. Either he's being tongue in cheek or he is projecting his political views into a crazy person who eats out of the garbage

Have you ever looked at the social media of any of the people working on Boom? They're tongue in cheek 100% of the time & are rarely ever serious about anything they say. I love Sticks, but can we stop trying to say "x show is redpilled," when it's just trying to tell jokes?

Don't get me wrong, user, I'm not agreeing with the "YASS BASED REDPILL" etc etc angle. Just that there's more sincerity in her rants than you think.

Doubtful. If the people working on Boom believed in some of the things Sticks says, they would've picked another character that isn't usually proven to be crazy.

Also, if they wanted to show some of their political beliefs they wouldn't do it in a Sonic cartoon

But especially in Season 2 her angle is often that she's shown to be right despite seeming crazy. It's why they gave her an entire episode about how the media is shit.

This show does get some funny ass jokes and gets Meta that even the voice actor joins in on the fun.

youtube.com/watch?v=j6mzBjFtcBc

Where else are you going to get to rant about your political beliefs than a throwaway cartoon made to promote a video game series that's more know these days for it's shitty games and deranged fanbase?

>Watch out for that government agent! It starts with jury duty, and zoning ordinances, and before you know it our tax dollars are benefiting others and not us!

>Personally, I find the knowledge that our freedoms are slowly being eroded away is enough to keep me awake.

Because Sticks is portrayed as a crazy character that was literally discovered in the jungle & can barely function in society, no shit that would happen.

>I just need to see your credentials. You know you need a doctorate in Evil Science to shop here.
>Yeah, last time I sort of sweet-talked the guy. And by "sweet-talked" I mean threatened his family.
>I know, it was me. But since then I've gotten divorced, so your threats are meaningless. You're looking at a man with nothing left to lose.

youtube.com/watch?v=63phXOEKUJk

time to derail thread by bringing up Mark

Meant to add: She would think that everyone & everything is out to get her & that things like the media is shit. Hell, there was a Sonic Channel comic about how Sticks thought television is evil & is trying to control people, after seeing one commercial about cupcakes.

I honestly don't why Sup Forums loves this episode so much. Yes, he was similar to Chris Chan, but there's been so many episodes of Boom that was better. Not saying it was bad, just that the show had better moments.

The very basic principals of government bothers stick, she's some kind of anarcho-whatever.

I couldn't find the clip but the intro to this episode was pure fucking gold.

it's what got me to watch the show

youtube.com/watch?v=kpcx5aTl8Nk&t

Anarcho-primitivist.

I think the real question is how does it keep not getting decent rips

>Silly Eggman rings are for hedgehogs

The joke that hit closest to home for me was the one where Amy is teaching how to do some sort of homemade decoration and says something like "all you need is paper, glue, these things that I ordered from an arts & crafts catalogue, (...)". Like no joke, pretty much every tutorial on " homemade" whatever pulls this off.

That wasn't even a funny joke, OP.

>that Tom Jones paraphrase
The music jokes have been my favourites in Season 2

>freeze in mid-air jump

I haven't been into anything sonic related since heroes I think but you guys are really making me want to watch this show now.

>Stop coloring my Arms

Kek

>when it's just trying to tell jokes?
Comedy has been THE medium for controversial social commentary since its inception. Comedy for the sake of "just being funny" is how you end up with Johnny Test.

Pick up a fucking book for once.

I like how the show is partly about Eggman being some sort of manchild whose life revolves around a friend/enemy relationship with a bunch of local furries.

What would he even do if he won?

>this is the worst day of my life, and I was the head judge of a tofu cookoff!

>I haven't been into anything sonic related since heroes I think but you guys are really making me want to watch this show now.

In about a month there is going to be a new retro-style game (Sonic Mania) coming out that people are really excited for.

Tell me more about Aliens being real but also that other planets don't exist.

Why? Because it makes fun of the Sonic franchise and fans, then why isn't TTgo considered good too?

>The food guy takes his name as Sanic

>order for.... Sanic
>I think you mean Sonic
>No, it says Sanic right here

Well next month, a genesis styled Sonic game is coming out. And in December, a new 3D Sonic is coming out.

>Comedy for the sake of "just being funny" is how you end up with Johnny Test
It's how we've also ended up with Boom, idiot.

It makes fun of certain types of Sonic fans, but it's not like the people working on the show hate the series & all of its fans.

Because the Sonic Boom jokes are usually funny
Plus Sonic's fanbase is much larger and is well known for being fucking insane, they're easier to make fun of and deserve it

>Tails gets white goop on him from horny animal

This isn't that effective since they dedicate the next 5 seconds to patting themselves on the back for being self-aware

>It's how we've also ended up with Boom, idiot.
If you think that the writers' only motivation is to be funny, I have nothing I can say. You're either an idiot or just deliberately naive. You don't seem like an idiot.

What's the actual tie in, the cartoon or that shitty game? Like Spider-Man 2 the video game is a tie in to the film.

I mean we saw that in the election episode, he'd pave over the town and build a theme park.

The 3ds games are tie-ins to the cartoon, as were the comics. Otherwise, no tie-ins in Sonic Boom.

Give it some time and they'll do an episode about it.

Took me a while to notice that Sticks' VA is the same as Mike's

I don't know how I didn't notice, they sound practically the same

There is no video game. Stop speaking lies.

>If you think the writers' only motivation is to be funny
It is. Sorry you're so obsessed with things having a social or political message that you can't see that some people just wanna tell jokes.

The show was meant to be a tie-in for the games, but the games bombed hard.

Kinda like his motivation in the games, funny enough.

Tails is about to get raped

>Sorry you're so obsessed with things having a social or political message
I'm not, user, but I'm not going to slap blinders on my eyes and pretend that artists don't have their own opinions that they try to portray in their creations.

>Not putting the song:

youtube.com/watch?v=urNBcrdlCWQ

And I'm not so insane that I think that just because people make jokes about something, it means they're trying to put their personal opinions in it. But hey, if you wanna keep believing a cartoon series that's a spin off to a vidya franchise about furries fighting a fat scientist is trying to give a political message, then go ahead.

It's not going to get another season anyway because Sega is no longer producing the Boom games, hence they have no merchandise to move with it.

I wanna know how good/poor Fire & Ice did in sales. I don't see another Boom game happening, but that last one seemed fine

It's been stated multiple times that the guy in the costume is not Sonic's VA.

Yeah, but RCS is clearly having fun as Sonic. He & Mike Pollock did an entire Twitter Q & A with their voices while being in-character.

not him, but theres the 'Roger' clip.

youtube.com/watch?v=kGyCaTDFg4I

And there's fluoride in the water. Literally none of what she said is wrong

Because of two important reasons; that butthurt fans of the original TT won't give TTG a chance and blindly hate on it, and that it's shown ad nauseam on CN that even people who like the show hate how much it's on.

It's mostly the first reason why this show isn't discussed here too much, but even as a fan of both TT and TTG, they really do show it way too much.

obviously, rise of lyric is a f*cking piece of trash living in Wii U catalog...
So, that's the best moment in creating jokes about Sonic Fandom...

>Kinda like his motivation in the games, funny enough.

This is exactly why I found it so funny/brilliant.

>that butthurt fans of the original TT won't give TTG a chance and blindly hate on it,
I actually gave it a chance.
I even gave it a second chance when I was bedridden and couldn't find the remote and just watched CN all day.
I think it's fucking garbage.

Don't pretend every fan of TT would like it if they just it a go.
Makes you look like a shill or a child.

one thing is joking WITH the fans and giving them legit jokes (Boom)

other thing is downright INSULTING fans of the other show (TTgo)

>I know, it was me. But since then I've gotten divorced, so your threats are meaningless. You're looking at a man with nothing left to lose.
The deliver for for this was gold

I know about that and love that moment, they didn't mention it is all.

Also because the art is garbage and it just isn't funny unless you're still 12 and just discovered what a "meme" is.

And there's nothing wrong with disliking it. At the same time, you're not everyone, though. I was merely generalizing because the fact is, for the most part, that's pretty accurate. Sure there are fans that gave it a chance like me and liked, gave it a chance like you amd disliked it, and others still who simply don't care, but for the most part, the majority of TT fans hate it blindly.

I can't believe that at all.
I only have anecdotal evidence, but everyone I've spoken to IRL has given it a chance and hated it afterwards.

Then again, everyone I've spoken to who likes it has never seen the original or read a comicbook and is 20 and under.